PDA

View Full Version : 5.5 Earthquake near the Ontario/Quebec border

Hogan11
06-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Did anyone else in the northeast feel this thing hit? I was on the road and apparently missed it. News is saying it was felt as far away as Ohio.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100623/wl_canada_afp/canadaearthquake

gyldenlove
06-23-2010, 01:07 PM
I am in Southern Ontario and I didn't even realize there was an earthquake until someone else told me about it later, although my chair did wobble a tiny bit which I suspect may have been either a breakfast burrito not sitting right or that earth quake.

Los Broncos
06-23-2010, 01:24 PM
My Canadian warehouse is in Ontario, hope everyone is OK.

big56fan#1
06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
some felt it here in the ohio valley, im in follansbee wv its 30 min west of pittsburgh.i was at work but didnt notice it myself.its all over the local news here, cuz they evacuted some gov't buildings and hd cllers flood their newsroom.

Pontius Pirate
06-23-2010, 04:13 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/yes.gif

chadta
06-23-2010, 06:02 PM
never noticed a thing

Hogan11
06-23-2010, 06:05 PM
never noticed a thing

People around where I live are saying things shook noticably...being in a car on the Interstate must've kept me from noticing anything. Oh well.....

Boogerboots
06-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I live an hour south of Ottawa. Just happened that I did not go to work today...home sick with the kids. I thought that a helicopter or Herc flew low over the house. Took a look through some windows to see what it was but saw nothing. You could hear and feel the mild rumbling for 10 to 15 seconds.

Once it was over I thought nothing of it until my wife called me from her work and asked if I knew about the earthquake. She was at an elementary school and the staff and kids noticed the clock and some pictures shaking for a few seconds. Saw on the news later that all office workers evacuated the highrise buildings as a safety precaution.. and most folks were sent home after a few hours.

Maybe Quebec is really trying to separate this time?

broncosteven
06-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Nope but we are getting POUNDED by thunderstorms Lightning and funnel clouds here in Chicagoland

gyldenlove
06-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I live an hour south of Ottawa. Just happened that I did not go to work today...home sick with the kids. I thought that a helicopter or Herc flew low over the house. Took a look through some windows to see what it was but saw nothing. You could hear and feel the mild rumbling for 10 to 15 seconds.

Once it was over I thought nothing of it until my wife called me from her work and asked if I knew about the earthquake. She was at an elementary school and the staff and kids noticed the clock and some pictures shaking for a few seconds. Saw on the news later that all office workers evacuated the highrise buildings as a safety precaution.. and most folks were sent home after a few hours.

Maybe Quebec is really trying to separate this time?

The CBC never investigated that possibility, it could simply be Quebec trying to detach from the rest of Canada by blowing up large pieces of the border.

chadta
06-24-2010, 06:21 AM
tornado in midland too yesterday

weird day in ontario, an earthquake and a tornado

HorseHead
06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Felt it down here in the South East corner of Vermont....

Dendave
06-24-2010, 11:07 AM
I was at my desk and our administrative assistant started asking "does anyone feel that? does anyone feel that?" I said "feel what?" and she said "it feels like an earthquake" (she used to live in Calif) and I said "what did you smoke at lunch?" and laughed it off, I didn't feel a thing. An hour later she sends me the link to the earthquake...I said I still didn't feel it.