PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't Ian Scott Chargers starting NT?

cutthemdown
06-21-2010, 08:24 PM
I just heard they cut him on the radio.

cutthemdown
06-21-2010, 08:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/21/ian-scott-among-chargers-cuts/

There is the only link I see. Sorry if I am way late I did a search and checked but didn't see this posted. Was this expected and not big deal? I thought he was Jammals replacement.

Xenos
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/21/ian-scott-among-chargers-cuts/

There is the only link I see. Sorry if I am way late I did a search and checked but didn't see this posted. Was this expected and not big deal? I thought he was Jammals replacement.

He started when OG went down last year. Scott was a decent guy who helped our rotation last year. But he wasn't the starter per se like Jamal was.

cutthemdown
06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
He started when OG went down last year. Scott was a decent guy who helped our rotation last year. But he wasn't the starter per se like Jamal was.

So who starts at NT. I figured they would play 2-3 guys in that spot this yr but I really though Scott would be first guy in didn't you? This doesn't surprise you at all?

Xenos
06-21-2010, 09:20 PM
So who starts at NT. I figured they would play 2-3 guys in that spot this yr but I really though Scott would be first guy in didn't you? This doesn't surprise you at all?
Not really. He was a stop gap at best. If he had made it then it would have been nice, but some of us figured he would be cut because we now have too many players vying for the DL rotation.

400HZ
06-21-2010, 11:27 PM
He was the 4th in line behind Jamal, Ryon Bingham, and Ogemdi Nwagbuo who all ended up on IR.

Ugly Duck
06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
So... Sandy Eggo will play without their starting safety Ellison, their starting WR Vincent Jackson, their starting left tackle Marcus McNeil, and their starting NT Scott. If they lose just a few more starters.... the AFCW could be competitive again...

boltaneer
06-22-2010, 01:24 AM
So... Sandy Eggo will play without their starting safety Ellison, their starting WR Vincent Jackson, their starting left tackle Marcus McNeil, and their starting NT Scott. If they lose just a few more starters.... the AFCW could be competitive again...

Scott was a backup who wasn't even on the opening day roster who was forced to start due to injuries. Outside of Castillo, the whole d-line is made up of no-name scrubs but they did a good job as a group last season, considering the injury situation.

I'm not counting on Cam Thomas doing anything this year (rookie DTs never make big impacts) but if Vaughn Martin can start living up to his potential, then the Chargers might have something there, though realistically I wouldn't expect anything out of him for another year as well so it will probably be another lackluster performance from the d-line this year.

Losing Jackson and McNeill may actually be some twisted blessing in disguise IF they can get the running game going. While not having those two will make their offense less explosive it might actually serve them better to become more of a ball control offense rather than a quick strike one and keep their defense off the field. Though I get the feeling that Norv will not take this approach since they still have plenty of playmakers to get the ball to (Gates, Sproles, Floyd and perhaps Mathews).

Plus, I'd love to see the Chargers start off 8-0 and absolutely kill any leverage that the two holdouts hope to gain. ;D

BTW, I liked Ellison last year. He seemed to be around the ball a lot. Disappointed with his drug thing but I hope they didn't cut him prematurely. Maybe there's more to this story yet to come out.

Durango
06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
The Chargers have a franchise QB. No-one else in the AFC West does. See Broncos 1983-90. A great QB can carry a journeyman roster MOST of the time, and Rivers is far and away the best the in the west. Chargers win, everyone else follows, unfortunately.

bronco militia
06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
The Chargers have a franchise QB. No-one else in the AFC West does. See Broncos 1983-90. A great QB can carry a journeyman roster MOST of the time, and Rivers is far and away the best the in the west. Chargers win, everyone else follows, unfortunately.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! it's still a secret

http://www.bustedplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/a4.jpg

:approve:

scorpio
06-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Among the Living was a kickass song

Play2win
06-22-2010, 09:40 AM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! it's still a secret

http://www.bustedplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/a4.jpg

:approve:

Its kinda nice, when we are talking about our QB, we can (finally) again say, "Fckin' STUD"... :thumbsup: