PDA

View Full Version : Here's A Question -- NFL Merchandising Vs. NFL TV Revenue

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
The question is such:

Would the NFL ever market the vuvuzela?

On the one hand, it's just another thing they can slap their logo on, and presumably home team fans would eat them up to intensify the twelfth man.

On the other, the TV contracts and revenue are the cash cow, and these things annoy people. It could really hurt their TV product.

Vote!

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
I do not think they will ever endorse them. In fact, the NBA banned them from arenas, right?

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
I hadn't heard that, especially since I don't know that many Americans knew about them until the World Cup, and by then there was basically just the NBA Finals left. But you could be correct.

I do know (this was on Deadspin earlier this week) somebody took one to Yankee Stadium and was promptly ejected.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I hadn't heard that, especially since I don't know that many Americans knew about them until the World Cup, and by then there was basically just the NBA Finals left. But you could be correct.

I do know (this was on Deadspin earlier this week) somebody took one to Yankee Stadium and was promptly ejected.

The S. Africans also used em during the confederations cup last year.

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Ah. Well it's certainly possible. I'm willing to bet it'd be about 10x worse in an NBA arena (i.e., indoors totally enclosed) so it's probably a good idea to ban them.