PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome broadcasting from 104.3 the Fan studios today

BigPlayShay
06-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Expecting lots of Denver guests. Doom is on now:

http://www.1043thefan.com/listenOnline.aspx

CEH
06-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Elvis is disappointed at the Broncos long term.
Hinted at a lack of loyality from the Broncos
He is looking at it as a business
He's not too happy right now but he knows he will get his money next year and a team will be appreciative of his services.
Throws out that maybe he hasn't shown enough to get his money (I think a jab at the Broncos)

BigPlayShay
06-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Doom:

* Doesn't see long term contract getting worked out in the near future
* Hinted he may not be here for Training Camp "we'll have to see on that"
* A little upset on the business side, but excited on the football side

OBF1
06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Just when you thought that all the malcontents were gone.

lostknight
06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
This isn't really news. This is the McDaniels led Broncos. I bet the next few pages are about how Elvis is a crybaby that causes tons of problems. Maybe that will wait until he leaves next year.

They will call him a drunk first ;-)

jhns
06-21-2010, 09:55 AM
So a Shanahan player that is really productive doesn't feel the team values him and that the team has no loyalty.

This isn't really news. This is the McDaniels led Broncos. I bet the next few pages are about how Elvis is a crybaby that causes tons of problems. Maybe that will wait until he leaves next year.

Ray Finkle
06-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Doom:

* Doesn't see long term contract getting worked out in the near future
* Hinted he may not be here for Training Camp "we'll have to see on that"
* A little upset on the business side, but excited on the football side

all part of a successful negotiation......

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Forum is better when people don't quote jhiz's bull****.

BigPlayShay
06-21-2010, 10:04 AM
More Doom recap from Lindsay Jones:

Elvis Dumervil on Jim Rome radio show right now. Rome is live in Denver. Elvis on McDaniels: "He has credibility. ... He's a great teacher"

Elvis on his size: "I don't have the "look test"" ... joked that coming out with Mario Williams didn't help. Said his size helps leverage.

Elvis: "Mind-blowing" to still hear questions about his stature.

Elvis, answering ? on if there is contract progress: "I haven't heard anything. To me, no"

Elvis: I would like a long-term contract because I love being a Bronco.

Could Elvis hold out from camp? He laughs. "We'll have to see on that one. ... Sometimes you have to do what you have to do."

Elvis "I'm not upset about it. I'm disappointed I'm not locked in ... I realize in past couple of months its not about loyalty in this game"

Elvis said he is excited about 2010 defense. Likes Martindale, the defensive additions, playing 2nd year in same system/scheme.

Elvis on Tebow: "His work ethic if off the chart. It is crazy."

----------------------------------------------------------------

McD will be on in a little bit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-21-2010, 10:05 AM

Elvis Dumervil on Jim Rome radio show right now. Rome is live in Denver. Elvis on McDaniels: "He has credibility. ... He's a great teacher"

Elvis on his size: "I don't have the "look test"" ... joked that coming out with Mario Williams didn't help. Said his size helps leverage.

Elvis, answering ? on if there is contract progress: "I haven't heard anything. To me, no"

Could Elvis hold out from camp? He laughs. "We'll have to see on that one. ... Sometimes you have to do what you have to do."

Elvis "I'm not upset about it. I'm disappointed I'm not locked in ... I realize in past couple of months its not about loyalty in this game"

Elvis said he is excited about 2010 defense. Likes Martindale, the defensive additions, playing 2nd year in same system/scheme.

Boy, it sure sounds like he's desperate to get out of here because he hates McDaniels and feels they've treated him unfairly. After all, this is the McDaniels-led Broncos.

Hilarious!

Ray Finkle
06-21-2010, 10:05 AM

sounds a little better than the Doom :D and gloom accounts above...

jhns
06-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Forum is better when people don't quote jhiz's bull****.

Right. You guys need to learn that the forum is much better if you spend all of your time on here crying about who people quote, what people post, and what part of the forum they post it on. Just take lessons from ThatOneWhineyGuy.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Anyone going to the Hard Rock today for the Rome meet-and-greet?

ETA: Also, anyone know what time McD is scheduled to be on?

OBF1
06-21-2010, 10:12 AM
nope

Los Broncos
06-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the recaps.

BMarsh615
06-21-2010, 10:20 AM
McD on now

crush17
06-21-2010, 10:20 AM
On right now

Br0nc0Buster
06-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Doom is just in a hard spot
Teams are not gonna give up big contracts, at least not as often as usual with so much uncertainty

Doom deserves a new contract and I would like to seem him get one soon, but the Broncos are not the only team holding off on the big contracts right now

Kaylore
06-21-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm working and can't transcribe, but the accounts of Dumervil using it as a bitch fest are completely wrong. McDaniels talks about it like he's going to be signed. Dumervil is playing coy as he doesn't want to appear over-eager in the middle of a negotiation.

Pseudofool
06-21-2010, 10:27 AM
You can almost here a bit of frustration come through when McD speaks about how much he wants Elvis here long term.

Br0nc0Buster
06-21-2010, 10:29 AM
ok I dont even know what they are talking about

something with a "smack off"...
not so much Bronco talk

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-21-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm working and can't transcribe, but the accounts of Dumervil using it as a b**** fest are completely wrong. McDaniels talks about it like he's going to be signed. Dumervil is playing coy as he doesn't want to appear over-eager in the middle of a negotiation.

That sounds exactly correct. Thank goodness we've got the wah-wah mafia here to give us a complete outsider's insider account of what's really going on.

:wave:

baja
06-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Rome is going to ask Josh out for a dinner & movie.

outdoor_miner
06-21-2010, 10:32 AM
ROFL! at the differences between the 2 accounts of Doom's interview!

bronco militia
06-21-2010, 10:33 AM
I think Rome is going to ask Josh out for a dinner & movie.

Josh is a big time Rome fan

out

tsiguy96
06-21-2010, 10:34 AM
McD on Rome: "We absolutely desire to have Elvis Dumervil on our football team for a long time. We know what that commitment means."

McD: "We arent thinking of any other end game than having Elvis as a Bronco for a long time"

baja
06-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I have no doubt after listening to Josh that Doom will be in Denver a long time. Hopefully with a new contract this year as vs. next.

baja
06-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Josh is a big time Rome fan

out

He sure is, heck he knows all the callers

Who is this guy Vic from N. cal.? Is there tape of some of his takes somewhere?

Pseudofool
06-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Will his TV show be in Denver as well?

Boobs McGee
06-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Just to let everyone know, there SHOULD be a link with the full interviews on the 104.3 Page. At work now, but ill try to fond it later

Los Broncos
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Just to let everyone know, there SHOULD be a link with the full interviews on the 104.3 Page. At work now, but ill try to fond it later

Get back to work.

Boobs McGee
06-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Haha yes sir!

Mr.Meanie
06-21-2010, 12:12 PM
So a Shanahan player that is really productive doesn't feel the team values him and that the team has no loyalty.

Hilarious yet predictible overreaction from the resident drama queens

hambone13
06-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Here is the link to the interviews: http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/

I think it's important to listen to the whole of both Doom's and McD's interview. McD implies that they are working hard on getting things done and Doom says he hasn't heard anything. Doom says he does his negotiating on the field and obviously hasn't done a good enough job to justify getting a commitment and compensation he's seeking. Josh says he has done everything that is required of him to do that. Doom implies that the loyalty that is expected of him is not being reciprocated by the FO. He is not happy. He even goes so far as to imply that he would hold out for training camp. I guess he's going to be deemed a greedy trouble maker as well.

This is not a good thing for recruiting to the team long term. When a prototypical high character player can't get a deal done in a reasonable amount of time, it will be a problem long term. McD talks about the complexity of these negotiations but Marshall was signed in a matter of days in Miami. IMO, if Doom gets away it's going to be more costly in opportunity costs, long term team chemistry and trust for the FO than the difference between what he is asking for and the FO is willing to pay.

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/

hambone13
06-21-2010, 07:04 PM
sounds a little better than the Doom :D and gloom accounts above...

All of the "positive stuff" and "projected excitement" isn't anything new. He's always said the right thing from a team perspective. Now he's showing his irritation with how he's been handled. "I realized over the last couple of months it's not about loyalty." That is significant news considering he's always stated the coach speak stuff consistently.

FireFly
06-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Doom wouldn't have heard anything because the negotions are with his agent. Not him.

The contract will get done. Count on it.

Would be a huge shame if he did hold out of training camp, however if he doesn't have the protection of a long term contract in place when camp rolls around it makes sense that he wouldn't risk a serious injury whilst negotiations were still going on.

cmhargrove
06-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Here is the link to the interviews: http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/

I think it's important to listen to the whole of both Doom's and McD's interview. McD implies that they are working hard on getting things done and Doom says he hasn't heard anything. Doom says he does his negotiating on the field and obviously hasn't done a good enough job to justify getting a commitment and compensation he's seeking. Josh says he has done everything that is required of him to do that. Doom implies that the loyalty that is expected of him is not being reciprocated by the FO. He is not happy. He even goes so far as to imply that he would hold out for training camp. I guess he's going to be deemed a greedy trouble maker as well.

This is not a good thing for recruiting to the team long term. When a prototypical high character player can't get a deal done in a reasonable amount of time, it will be a problem long term. McD talks about the complexity of these negotiations but Marshall was signed in a matter of days in Miami. IMO, if Doom gets away it's going to be more costly in opportunity costs, long term team chemistry and trust for the FO than the difference between what he is asking for and the FO is willing to pay.

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/

I love Doom as much as anyone, but I also run a business and understand that fiscal responsibility is at the core of any successful business. With the labor troubles brewing next year, it is an uncertain time and I don't blame the team one iota from protecting it's financial ass here.

That being said, they found money (and a new contract) for Kuper. They should be able to do the same for Dumervil if he is patient.

Ray Finkle
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Doom wouldn't have heard anything because the negotions are with his agent. Not him.

Suck it Hambone....you don't know the first step of negotiations....

hambone13
06-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Suck it Hambone....you don't know the first step of negotiations....

I negotiate for a living in a similar capacity for businesses and executives alike. I have done it for almost 15 years. You are always communicating with your client as to where things are in the negotiations. What you don't want is talent feeling mishandled because that always sticks in the back of their mind. Loyalty is possible in business and frankly it's quite important in any long term contract agreement.

hambone13
06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I love Doom as much as anyone, but I also run a business and understand that fiscal responsibility is at the core of any successful business. With the labor troubles brewing next year, it is an uncertain time and I don't blame the team one iota from protecting it's financial ass here.

That being said, they found money (and a new contract) for Kuper. They should be able to do the same for Dumervil if he is patient.

I also run a business and understand where you're coming from. I think the inexperience of the FO has a lot to do with the delays and Doom has been patient. As I mentioned before, Marshall's deal was done with an experienced FO in a matter of days.

Now he's planning on playing for his tender with a positive attitude but the Broncos FO has lost ground in the negotiations because of the lack of urgency that has seemingly been placed on closing the deal. If he is not getting regular communication as to the hold ups through his agent, it's because his agent hasn't gotten any. It was obvious to me that he was uncomfortable with the question because he didn't want to say something negative but implied that he expected some communication and loyalty and hasn't IHO been getting either adequately.

theAPAOps5
06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh its Hambone13 it must be a conspiracy McDaniels thread!

hambone13
06-21-2010, 08:24 PM

The contract will get done. Count on it.

Would be a huge shame if he did hold out of training camp, however if he doesn't have the protection of a long term contract in place when camp rolls around it makes sense that he wouldn't risk a serious injury whilst negotiations were still going on.

I certainly hope so but I'll believe it when I see it. The FO has done nothing around these types of issues that have dazzled me as of yet.

hambone13
06-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh its Hambone13 it must be a conspiracy McDaniels thread!

Don't be a tool. There's no conspiracy. There is however a possibility of inexperience and business incompetence.

baja
06-21-2010, 08:43 PM
The covers will be thrown back on the front office over the handling of this Doom contract.

It will be shown that either we are still a first rate organization that players want to play for or we are a penny pinching back stabbing group that players will become wary of.

If Josh is to be successful here it better prove to be the first option.

theAPAOps5
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Don't be a tool. There's no conspiracy. There is however a possibility of inexperience and business incompetence.

Yep conspiracy crap! Don't be a tool! :thumbs:

Br0nc0Buster
06-21-2010, 08:46 PM

are the Chargers, Titans, Jets, etc...incompetent also
dude no one knows what is going to happen in the future, this isnt a Denver Broncos issue, its a league wide issue

how do you not understand that the very real possibility that there wont be an NFL season next year is putting a damper on teams willingness to give out large contracts?

Br0nc0Buster
06-21-2010, 08:49 PM
The covers will be thrown back on the front office over the handling of this Doom contract.

It will be shown that either we are still a first rate organization that players want to play for or we are a penny pinching back stabbing group that players will become wary of.

If Josh is to be successful here it better prove to be the first option.

again Denver is not doing anything unusual this year because of the amount of uncertainty for the future
Chris Johnsons upset, so is Revis, Marcus McNeil, Vincent Jackson, etc...
THIS ISNT A DENVER PROBLEM WHEN IT IS HAPPENING ALL AROUND THE LEAGUE
also Josh doesnt deal with players contracts, this isnt his call

baja
06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
again Denver is not doing anything unusual this year because of the amount of uncertainty for the future
Chris Johnsons upset, so is Revis, Marcus McNeil, Vincent Jackson, etc...
THIS ISNT A DENVER PROBLEM WHEN IT IS HAPPENING ALL AROUND THE LEAGUE
also Josh doesnt deal with players contracts, this isnt his call

They got Kupe's deal done so we know a deal is doable even with the uncertainty you site so your argument is weakened by the kuper deal. We should not be concerned with the other teams Doom is a player that needs to get paid this season or the Broncos will lose credibility around the league. It will be seen as the Broncos taking advantage of a situation in order to not pay Doom. Sometimes you just have to step to the front of the line this is one of those times.

I understand Josh does not write the deals but for his style of coaching to work the players around the league need to have a level of trust in the Broncos FO and the smart tough players must want to play here.

Br0nc0Buster
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
They got Kupe's deal done so we know a deal is doable even with the uncertainty you site so your argument is weakened by the kuper deal. We should not be concerned with the other teams Doom is a player that needs to get paid this season or the Broncos will lose credibility around the league. It will be seen as the Broncos taking advantage of a situation in order to not pay Doom. Sometimes you just have to step to the front of the line this is one of those times.

I understand Josh does not write the deals but for his style of coaching to work the players around the league need to have a level of trust in the Broncos FO and the smart tough players must want to play here.

Chris Kuper is a guard, do you think his deal is going to be anything close to what Doom wants?
Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil are going to hold out for the first 10 games of the season
when has this happened before?
This is not a normal offseason, again until you can show me how this situation is unique to the Broncos(its obvious this ISNT the case) then you just need to accept the reality of how no CBA will effect negotiations

baja
06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Chris Kuper is a guard, do you think his deal is going to be anything close to what Doom wants?
Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil are going to hold out for the first 10 games of the season
when has this happened before?
This is not a normal offseason, again until you can show me how this situation is unique to the Broncos(its obvious this ISNT the case) then you just need to accept the reality of how no CBA will effect negotiations

Look I get your point (It's not that hard) but it is time to be innovative. This is an opportunity for the Broncos to make a huge statement. They need to think outside the box and find a way to compensate Doom without putting the organization at financial risk. It's a contract for crying out loud write it to take into consideration a lock out.

bowtown
06-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Look I get your point (It's not that hard) but it is time to be innovative. This is an opportunity for the Broncos to make a huge statement. They need to think outside the box and find a way to compensate Doom without putting the organization at financial risk. It's a contract for crying out loud write it to take into consideration a lock out.

They do need him to actually sign it after they write it.

hambone13
06-21-2010, 09:26 PM
are the Chargers, Titans, Jets, etc...incompetent also
dude no one knows what is going to happen in the future, this isnt a Denver Broncos issue, its a league wide issue

how do you not understand that the very real possibility that there wont be an NFL season next year is putting a damper on teams willingness to give out large contracts?

I totally get that there are added complexities but there are also teams pulling the trigger on players they feel are key in a timely manner. Being that Doom is the ultimate team player and he feels that he's not being communicated with and that he's lost his faith in the idea of loyalty because of the way things panned out, says something to me. Don't you think he and his agent are more privy to the information associated why there would be delays than you and I? IMO, he wouldn't be making these sorts of comments unless he thought a lack of loyalty and sense of urgency was what was holding things up. As he said, they're holding all the cards and justifiably so. IMO, there is a certain amount of strong arming going on that seems more destructive to the team and the FO's reputation than the dollars will likely equate to.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-21-2010, 09:27 PM
They do need him to actually sign it after they write it.

Exactly. It is not in Dumervil's best interests to give a **** about the issues with the CBA and how they relate to his contract. It is in his best interests to get as much money as possible as quickly as possible.

Saying it's as simple as "get it done" is... well, it's very simple-minded.

baja
06-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Imagine the milage you would get from a Doom deal when no other team is stepping up to take care of their players that have earned a deal. Denver could gain massive capital with the players both here and around the league.

baja
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I totally get that there are added complexities but there are also teams pulling the trigger on players they feel are key in a timely manner. Being that Doom is the ultimate team player and he feels that he's not being communicated with and that he's lost his faith in the idea of loyalty because of the way things panned out, says something to me. Don't you think he and his agent are more privy to the information associated why there would be delays than you and I? IMO, he wouldn't be making these sorts of comments unless he thought a lack of loyalty and sense of urgency was what was holding things up. As he said, they're holding all the cards and justifiably so. <b> IMO, there is a certain amount of strong arming going on that seems more destructive to the team and the FO's reputation than the dollars will likely equate to.</b>

This is the important consideration here. This is fast becoming a missed opportunity.

hambone13
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM

Well said. I obviously agree completely accept I'm pretty sure McD has ultimate veto power one how the numbers pan out.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Imagine the milage you would get from a Doom deal when no other team is stepping up to take care of their players that have earned a deal. Denver could gain massive capital with the players both here and around the league.

And... until a deal DOESN'T get done, it's all hypothetical, throw-****-at-the-wall-to-see-if-it-sticks bull****.

I'll wait and see, since, you know, I don't actually have any bearing on the outcome.

baja
06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
And... until a deal DOESN'T get done, it's all hypothetical, throw-****-at-the-wall-to-see-if-it-sticks bull****.

I'll wait and see, since, you know, I don't actually have any bearing on the outcome.

Well with that 'wait & see' attitude I guess we'll see ya in September since it's all speculation between now and then.

No need to be posting here now

hambone13
06-21-2010, 09:46 PM

So hypothetically you could become a poster that respects opinions different than yours and add something constructive to the conversation. I doubt it. I don't know how many times I have to say, this is a discussion board and we have new news. Doom is changing his tune and showing that he might have to play hard ball with this FO as have other high profile players who didn't play the coach speak game. He's been the consummate "team guy" and now he feels slighted. What's so hard to understand about that? It's interesting to speculate, especially when the FO has shown no proof of success or incompetence. You have a different opinion, I respect that. It's obviously interesting to you to bash everyone that doesn't agree with you.

Br0nc0Buster
06-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I totally get that there are added complexities but there are also teams pulling the trigger on players they feel are key in a timely manner. Being that Doom is the ultimate team player and he feels that he's not being communicated with and that he's lost his faith in the idea of loyalty because of the way things panned out, says something to me. Don't you think he and his agent are more privy to the information associated why there would be delays than you and I? IMO, he wouldn't be making these sorts of comments unless he thought a lack of loyalty and sense of urgency was what was holding things up. As he said, they're holding all the cards and justifiably so. IMO, there is a certain amount of strong arming going on that seems more destructive to the team and the FO's reputation than the dollars will likely equate to.

again just look around the league
McNeil and Jackson are gonna sit out, Chris Johnson is pissed, Revis is pissed
do you think the Titans and Chargers are gonna have trouble attracting free agents from now on?

players are frustrated, maybe he does feel exactly that way, but he also said in that interview he wants to be a Bronco

hambone13
06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
again just look around the league
McNeil and Jackson are gonna sit out, Chris Johnson is pissed, Revis is pissed
do you think the Titans and Chargers are gonna have trouble attracting free agents from now on?

players are frustrated, maybe he does feel exactly that way, but he also said in that interview he wants to be a Bronco

Neither of those front offices have to worry about their established reputations as successful FO's. Again, I think once Doom turned the corner and wavered from coach speak there are much bigger problems with creating a believable and reputable leadership infrastructure that takes care of those that take care of the team in the locker room and around the league.

baja
06-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Neither of those front offices have to worry about their established reputations as successful FO's. Again, I think once Doom turned the corner and wavered from coach speak there are much bigger problems with creating a believable and reputable leadership infrastructure that takes care of those that take care of the team in the locker room and around the league.

In other words when Doom made all the right decisions the Coaches asked of him so where is his payoff?

marshall did many wrong things. Things that were detrimental to the team and what did he get for being a bad boy? He got a shinny new contract making him the highest paid receiver in the game.

BTW how did Miami manage that contract during these uncertain times?

hambone13
06-21-2010, 10:29 PM
In other words when Doom made all the right decisions the Coaches asked of him so where is his payoff?

marshall did many wrong things. Things that were detrimental to the team and what did he get for being a bad boy? He got a shinny new contract making him the highest paid receiver in the game.

I don't know man, seems logical to me. How does a stingy old school football executive, like Parcells make such a risky decision and make it happen in a couple of days with all of the uncertainty in the league on a sure thing like Brandon Marshall? He must be crazy.

hambone13
06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
McD on Rome: "We absolutely desire to have Elvis Dumervil on our football team for a long time. We know what that commitment means."

McD: "We arent thinking of any other end game than having Elvis as a Bronco for a long time"

Like that is any different than anything he has said from the beginning. Excellent job and restating the obvious coach speak.

Br0nc0Buster
06-22-2010, 06:27 AM

how is Oakland able to sign any free agents if this is all they care about?

players go to teams that offer money or are successful, if Denver is both then players will always be willing to pay here regardless of what happens with Doom

Br0nc0Buster
06-22-2010, 06:39 AM

yeah gee they only made him the highest paid receiver ever....if that is what you are willing to offer Doom then this could be done quickly as well

the fact that Denver is even willing to negotiate when teams like the Chargers have flat out said they wont give out any big contracts this year period means they do think Doom deserves a raise

DivineLegion
06-22-2010, 06:47 AM

J-Lo's Ass

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-22-2010, 06:48 AM
So hypothetically you could become a poster that respects opinions different than yours and add something constructive to the conversation. I doubt it. I don't know how many times I have to say, this is a discussion board and we have new news. Doom is changing his tune and showing that he might have to play hard ball with this FO as have other high profile players who didn't play the coach speak game. He's been the consummate "team guy" and now he feels slighted. What's so hard to understand about that? It's interesting to speculate, especially when the FO has shown no proof of success or incompetence. You have a different opinion, I respect that. It's obviously interesting to you to bash everyone that doesn't agree with you.

Did I bash you? No, I did not. Perhaps you should take 5 from playing the victim, open your eyes, and realize that I was discussing the situation.

Yes, I have a different opinion than you. I'm smart enough to realize that just because I state something different, I am not coming after you.

Are you smart enough to realize that?

My comments weren't directed at you. They were directed at the situation. And my comments remain accurate: Until we know something, we know nothing. The FO has been talking for weeks about how they're working on a deal with Elvis' agent. If Elvis had said "Naw, my agent isn't even talking to them, we're so far apart," or if McDaniels had said "We have no interest in locking Elvis up long-term," then I'd agree that there is some strong arming going on. Unfortunately for your point, neither of those things has happened.

Elvis is upset. He hasn't been locked up yet; I'd be upset too. But getting the contract done and signed will cure a lot of ills.

I didn't hurt your feelings there, did I hambone? I know nobody's allowed to disagree with you for fear that you'll get all butt hurt...

Play2win
06-22-2010, 06:54 AM
J-Lo's Ass

Yeah, when J-Lo shows up at the Grammies, she brings 2 limos... One for her, and one for her Ass... ;D

oubronco
06-22-2010, 07:32 AM

UhOh the writing is on the wall he's a goner Hilarious!

baja
06-22-2010, 07:38 AM
UhOh the writing is on the wall he's a goner Hilarious!

Not to worry he hasn't held up Doom's jersey in a photo op yet.

oubronco
06-22-2010, 07:40 AM
J-Lo's Ass

http://www.dynintel.com/pics/drooling-homer.gif

baja
06-22-2010, 07:48 AM
This thread is worthless without pics

http://backseatcuddler.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/j-lo-ass.jpg

oubronco
06-22-2010, 07:53 AM
http://fashiondistinct.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jennifer_lopez_ass1.jpg

baja
06-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Or Vids

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/682087/jennifer_lopez_sexy_ass_compilation/

SoDak Bronco
06-22-2010, 08:01 AM
pay doom his money...period end of story

hambone13
06-22-2010, 08:21 AM
how is Oakland able to sign any free agents if this is all they care about?

players go to teams that offer money or are successful, if Denver is both then players will always be willing to pay here regardless of what happens with Doom

You couldn't have chosen an more poor example. Oakland either pays significant cash or Al Davis kisses the players asses and has the historical credibility of one of the great football men of the league. As of late, he is the laughing stock of players with character that actually want to work for an organization that is going to win through character. Oakland flat out just pays.

Durango
06-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Good point. I just feel this is an on-going trend with the franchise. Bowlen is tightening the purse strings for whatever reason and the front office is struggling to keep the salaries inside the acceptable numbers.

hambone13
06-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Did I bash you? No, I did not. Perhaps you should take 5 from playing the victim, open your eyes, and realize that I was discussing the situation.

Yes, I have a different opinion than you. I'm smart enough to realize that just because I state something different, I am not coming after you.

Are you smart enough to realize that?

My comments weren't directed at you. They were directed at the situation. And my comments remain accurate: Until we know something, we know nothing. The FO has been talking for weeks about how they're working on a deal with Elvis' agent. If Elvis had said "Naw, my agent isn't even talking to them, we're so far apart," or if McDaniels had said "We have no interest in locking Elvis up long-term," then I'd agree that there is some strong arming going on. Unfortunately for your point, neither of those things has happened.

Elvis is upset. He hasn't been locked up yet; I'd be upset too. But getting the contract done and signed will cure a lot of ills.

I didn't hurt your feelings there, did I hambone? I know nobody's allowed to disagree with you for fear that you'll get all butt hurt...

I guess this post isn't a back handed bash either. I wasn't referencing your previous post specifically but you are well known as a poster who bashes all that question the current regime.

To the points you attempt to make regarding what Elvis could have said to convince you, I give you a classy guy who was just being honest. He hasn't heard anything of late however McDaniels is giving his standard coach speak about how hard they are working on it. I think there is a reasonable amount of doubt to be found there. If they were working that hard on it, Doom would have felt communicated with and wouldn't be making those statements. He's proven that.

Br0nc0Buster
06-22-2010, 09:08 AM
You couldn't have chosen an more poor example. Oakland either pays significant cash or Al Davis kisses the players asses and has the historical credibility of one of the great football men of the league. As of late, he is the laughing stock of players with character that actually want to work for an organization that is going to win through character. Oakland flat out just pays.

thats my point
if you have the cash players will want to play there
if Denver is willing to offer money, people are not going to care what happened with Elvis Dumervil

baja
06-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Good point. I just feel this is an on-going trend with the franchise. Bowlen is tightening the purse strings for whatever reason and the front office is struggling to keep the salaries inside the acceptable numbers.

Well let's hope that is not the case because if it is we will be a very mediocre team for the foreseeable future.

hambone13
06-22-2010, 09:15 AM
thats my point
if you have the cash players will want to play there
if Denver is willing to offer money, people are not going to care what happened with Elvis Dumervil

But what does it take for us to offer the money? Alternatively, are you implying we don't have the money? The point I have been trying to make is that there is significant value in rewarding a very selfless player even if it's a bit more than you might believe they are worth. With all the player / personnel controversy around here, it just appears that we're going cheap, and /or mismanaging personnel even if one is a team player and produces.

jhns
06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
we will be a very mediocre team for the foreseeable future.

At least you are finally getting it. McDaniels won't be successful until he learns to stop cutting off his nose in spite of his face.

baja
06-22-2010, 09:28 AM
At least you are finally getting it. McDaniels won't be successful until he learns to stop cutting off his nose in spite of his face.

what do you think I am 'getting'.

jhns
06-22-2010, 09:34 AM
what do you think I am 'getting'.

Exactly what I quoted you as saying. We will be mediocre with McDaniels.

baja
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Exactly what I quoted you as saying. We will be mediocre with McDaniels.

Well you misinterpreted my take than.

What I said is McD would be unable to fully install his team first philosophy if the FO went on the cheap. We would not be able to get the smart dedicated football players if we don't want to pay fair market value as some here are accusing Bowlen of.

Br0nc0Buster
06-22-2010, 09:55 AM
But what does it take for us to offer the money? Alternatively, are you implying we don't have the money? The point I have been trying to make is that there is significant value in rewarding a very selfless player even if it's a bit more than you might believe they are worth. With all the player / personnel controversy around here, it just appears that we're going cheap, and /or mismanaging personnel even if one is a team player and produces.

I dont see us going cheap at all
we drafted 2 first rounders, and couple that with all the free agents we have been signing the past couple years
Denver is spending money

again the Broncos are not unique in holding off on the big contracts
did you see the contract Jarvis Green got, I dont see how that could point to us being cheap

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I guess this post isn't a back handed bash either. I wasn't referencing your previous post specifically but you are well known as a poster who bashes all that question the current regime.

To the points you attempt to make regarding what Elvis could have said to convince you, I give you a classy guy who was just being honest. He hasn't heard anything of late however McDaniels is giving his standard coach speak about how hard they are working on it. I think there is a reasonable amount of doubt to be found there. If they were working that hard on it, Doom would have felt communicated with and wouldn't be making those statements. He's proven that.

No, that was very much a back-handed bash. You're catching on.

McDaniels standard coach speak is nothing like what he actually said. Seriously. "We want very much for Elvis to be a Bronco for a long long time" doesn't sound as simple as "we're working on it, that's all I can say," does it?

You think there's a reasonable amount of doubt. I disagree.

Again: The organization wouldn't be the ones to make Elvis feel "communicated with." That's his agent's job. If they're communicating with his agent -- and every sign, all off-season, has pointed to that -- then whether or not Elvis feels "communicated with" isn't really our issue.

I don't think Elvis has proven anything about how he communicates. He's a class act and seems like a good guy, but the lack of a contract would get to just about anyone. He's probably frustrated it's taking this long. Don't see how saying what he said was anything more than frustration from a long contract discussion. Which is what happens when there is something like labor strife and CBA uncertainty.

Lots of teams are having these issues. I'll be shocked if Elvis isn't signed before TC.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Personally, I don't think there's ever "significant value" for overpaying someone, regardless of their selflessness. And with the questions about whether or not there will even be a 2011 season... isn't it smarter to factor that into the negotiation?

You say you're in business... yet you think there's value in overpaying someone? That's just sort of baffling.

jhns
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Well you misinterpreted my take than.

What I said is McD would be unable to fully install his team first philosophy if the FO went on the cheap. We would not be able to get the smart dedicated football players if we don't want to pay fair market value as some here are accusing Bowlen of.

Well it is McDaniels and Xanders that aren't willing to pay, so there you have it. If Dumerville doesn't get paid, it will be McDaniels and Xanders that are behind it. Shanahan never once had a problem getting Bowlen to pay a large contract to a good player.

Anyways, I was just f'n with you by taking your comment out of context.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Shanahan never once had a problem getting Bowlen to pay a large contract to a good player.

Shannon Sharpe disagrees. So do Bertrand Berry and Reggie Hayward.

All were good players when they left and all left because they weren't shown the money.

baja
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Well it is McDaniels and Xanders that aren't willing to pay, so there you have it. If Dumerville doesn't get paid, it will be McDaniels and Xanders that are behind it. Shanahan never once had a problem getting Bowlen to pay a large contract to a good player.

Anyways, I was just f'n with you by taking your comment out of context.

Really not much room for response to this. Bowlen has an office in Dove Valley and he goes to work every day do you really think McD is in charge of the budget?

Rabb
06-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Really not much room for response to this. Bowlen has an office in Dove Valley and he goes to work every day do you really think McD is in charge of the budget?

yes, he does think that...just as McD is the sole decision maker for every trade and draft choice so far

clearly, he has a mastery of the way the Denver Broncos work

jhns
06-22-2010, 10:46 AM

Yes, I do. Just as Shanahan was. The coach of this team is the GM. He gets to decide what players are on the team and if we should pay those players. Why exactly do you think things are so different from when Shanahan ran things? Is it just that Bowlen changed the way he does things or is it that the rest of the front office changed and Bowlen let's them run the show?

I'm not saying they determine the overall budget. I'm saying they get to decide if they want to pay players like Elvis.

jhns
06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
yes, he does think that...just as McD is the sole decision maker for every trade and draft choice so far

clearly, he has a mastery of the way the Denver Broncos work

You guys are right. The way we do everything is completely different than before but the guy making all of the decisions is the same.... Do you guys really believe the coach isn't in charge on this team?

broncswin
06-22-2010, 10:52 AM

way to go baja...now you got jhns on your side:notworthy

KipCorrington25
06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
The problem is McDaniels originally said he wanted Cutler here, and Marshall here, both were bold faced lies... so he says he want's Dumerville here, if we look at the pattern it's just another lie.

Dumerville will be stonewalled after the season and sent packing with the others I would predict.

I hope I'm wrong but I have little faith in McDaniels.

Ray Finkle
06-22-2010, 07:31 PM
I negotiate for a living in a similar capacity for businesses and executives alike. I have done it for almost 15 years. You are always communicating with your client as to where things are in the negotiations. What you don't want is talent feeling mishandled because that always sticks in the back of their mind. Loyalty is possible in business and frankly it's quite important in any long term contract agreement.

If you truly did, you would be able to see through this....

I do/have negotiated multi-million dollar deals.....until everything is finalized, you don't believe word 1 that the other side is saying...

baja
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM

I do/have negotiated multi-million dollar deals.....until everything is finalized, you don't believe word 1 that the other side is saying...

So do you wear the tutu while negotiating?

hambone13
06-22-2010, 08:46 PM

If you're doing large mergers and acquisitions I would agree. In the case of an individual, it tends to be important to have trust and loyalty. Albeit, that is often not the case but there is a ton of value when both sides respect each other, especially in the long term and in a place like the locker room.

Ray Finkle
06-23-2010, 03:31 AM
So do you wear the tutu while negotiating?

is there any other way?

Ray Finkle
06-23-2010, 03:32 AM
If you're doing large mergers and acquisitions I would agree. In the case of an individual, it tends to be important to have trust and loyalty. Albeit, that is often not the case but there is a ton of value when both sides respect each other, especially in the long term and in a place like the locker room.

again...you don't understand negotiations then.....it is not about making the other side happy, it is about getting the best deal for yourself. Doom is saying exactly what his agent has instructed him to try and force leverage....

hambone13
06-23-2010, 04:04 AM
again...you don't understand negotiations then.....it is not about making the other side happy, it is about getting the best deal for yourself. Doom is saying exactly what his agent has instructed him to try and force leverage....

Fundamentally you have a point. However, the best negotiations are when both sides walk away giving something up and are mutually content. If you can achieve mutual respect and maintain loyalty then the agreement/contract is more beneficial in the long term. Of course he said it out of leverage because he's not getting what he wants. My point is, he has gone so far as to imply that all of the ramblings about McD wanting high character players with a team mentality, means nothing when it comes time to pay even if you follow the paradigm that McD preaches. Technically this is a corporate resolution attempt but fundamentally, I feel the FO is losing face with their PR face to the players when a player of such high character is quietly implying there is not loyalty even if you play along, it's all business. Hence driving all future high profile player resolutions to be more difficult.

Ray Finkle
06-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Fundamentally you have a point. However, the best negotiations are when both sides walk away giving something up and are mutually content. If you can achieve mutual respect and maintain loyalty then the agreement/contract is more beneficial in the long term. Of course he said it out of leverage because he's not getting what he wants. My point is, he has gone so far as to imply that all of the ramblings about McD wanting high character players with a team mentality, means nothing when it comes time to pay even if you follow the paradigm that McD preaches. Technically this is a corporate resolution attempt but fundamentally, I feel the FO is losing face with their PR face to the players when a player of such high character is quietly implying there is not loyalty even if you play along, it's all business. Hence driving all future high profile player resolutions to be more difficult.

you are so full of crap....

at the end, do both sides need to "believe" they got the best deal, yes.

However, the Broncos have all the leverage and Doom will be paid well in the end. They should not bend to his wishes just so he is happy....

Like with Kuper and Weigman last year, they will reward loyalty....