PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Broncos at Colts game

Tombstone RJ
06-20-2010, 01:12 PM
It's on NFLN right now and I have to say, Orton has made some good throws. I think they are showing this game because Marshall had a record number of catches.

Broncos running game is uninspiring but not totally inept.

loborugger
06-20-2010, 04:44 PM
*makes mandatory Orton sucks OM post*

Tombstone RJ
06-20-2010, 05:07 PM
The Broncos were competitive, too bad they couldn't close the deal.

Baba Booey
06-20-2010, 05:10 PM
If Nolan and the defense didn't play Matador for the first three defensive possessions, we probably would have won.

Tombstone RJ
06-20-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm exited about this offense. I think Moreno is going to really be good and I think Orton will be very productive, moving the ball shouldn't be a problem but again it will come down to redzone production. Offensive line will help with that Tebow will also contribute...

oubronco
06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
If Nolan and the defense didn't play Matador for the first three defensive possessions, we probably would have won.

Manning scored at will when he needed and wanted to

uplink
06-20-2010, 11:13 PM
The Broncos Giants superbowl was on yesterday. I forgot how dominant the Giants were in the 2nd half, just crushed us. Also with time you forget how strong an arm Elway had, nobody is even close nowdays. Guess Farve is the closest.

HorseHead
06-21-2010, 09:43 AM
re: Broncos & Giants...I still want to punch Phil McConkey in the head..., and damn you to hell Mark Bavarro...

Irish Stout
06-21-2010, 09:49 AM

The thing about that game is that Manning wasn't even on till the second half. We couldn't capitalize.

2KBack
06-21-2010, 10:57 AM
The thing about that game is that Manning wasn't even on till the second half. We couldn't capitalize.

that's not true at all. Manning was near perfect the first 3 drives...3 TD drives. The defense did shut him down for a good stretch after that, and Denver didn't capitalize enough, but 3 TD's in three drives to open the game is unacceptable. Not to mention the minute it became competitive again the indy offense shredded our D.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2010, 11:18 AM

so for 2 entire quarters he was just like....**** it, i dont wanna score? I love when people simplify sports arguments (which have a million variables) to something like this.

CEH
06-21-2010, 12:15 PM
so for 2 entire quarters he was just like....**** it, i dont wanna score? I love when people simplify sports arguments (which have a million variables) to something like this.

This.

Indy had an unbeaten streak alive and HFA on the line. How many times have we seen Manning put 35-40+ on this team. I think I'll have my poorest QB rating of the year, throw 3 INTs and fewest passing yards cause this is too easy. No way not buying it

Also when was the last time a team went into Indy and score 16 points and won. Maybe the first year of Manning . Gee if the defense did a little better we would have won with 16 points. Not buying that argument either. The offense crap in it's own hat that day

BlaK-Argentina
06-21-2010, 12:41 PM
That game was as frustrating as they come. We kept getting the ball back and couldn't score for ****! That one and the Philly game were... just sigh...

bronco militia
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
settling for field goals cost the broncos

loborugger
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM

Didnt he throw 2 picks in the 2nd half?

His first 3 drives tore us to shreds. Then he put together just enough to get over the hump in the 4th. Hardly the crescendo-esque performance you imagine.

Irish Stout
06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Didnt he throw 2 picks in the 2nd half?

His first 3 drives tore us to shreds. Then he put together just enough to get over the hump in the 4th. Hardly the crescendo-esque performance you imagine.

I'm sorry, I was thinking primarily the 4th Q, when Manning moved his team effortlessly.

I believe he threw two picks in second half, one in the first, but maybe thats flip flopped. Still, in the first half, Manning did not look like Robot Manning, more of a so-so QB. So-so QBs can still do a lot against Ds that aren't doing much. So he did score 3 TDs in the first. Its just my opinion, but I didn't think Manning was looking very good early on in that game and yet he had WRs wide open all over the place.

I thought this conversation was more about our failings and thats what I was implying. By the time it looked like we were going to be in the game, I thought Manning was on and Orton was off.

Lolad
06-21-2010, 01:31 PM
You need to fast forward till the end where Orton threw a lame duck pick At the end of game. That and the defense couldn't stop a 3rd and long because of Woodyard.

baja
06-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Didn't like the outcome but I love the way the team did not quit and almost came back. Clearly not a Shanny team of the last several seasons.

illbroncsfn
06-24-2010, 02:28 PM
I was at the game and recall the Indy fans booing manning after his 3rd int of the game. I offered Orton straight up for manning at that point to the crowd- unfortunately there were no takers....