PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Madden 11

Cosmo
06-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Just read a blog on EA that they have no plans on fixing online franchise this year, claiming it will take them more than a year to overhaul the franchise.

Rumor has it they are not going to get the exclusive NFL rights after this year and are withholding all new features until 2012 to boost sales.

I'm done with them. I can play NCAA 11 this year and watch as another game takes over the top football spot. Or....

We boycott Madden 11 and show them that they are not allowed to be lazy anymore or they WILL lose money.

Are we capable of resisting Madden for 1 year guys? Lets hear what you all think.

Here is the blog that shows their lack of commitment to this years Franchise modes (both off and online).

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=E3featureAndUpdate

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2010, 03:27 PM
See this is a thread I can endorse. Personally I'm not going to boycott, because even with its glitches I find it fun to play online. I'm generally not a guy who complains about the game. Any bugs or whatever are just part of the game, and I move on.

With that said, nothing bugs me more than the kids who buy the game and then proceed to bitch and moan about how much it sucks. They lay down their hard earned money for a game they absolutely detest. That totally boggles my mind. If you hate it so much, don't buy it. Simple.

2KBack
06-19-2010, 03:37 PM
I've boycotted it since they got the exclusive license.

I hope they lose it.

robbieopperude
06-19-2010, 03:38 PM
The last time I played Madden Shanahan was calling the plays and Cutler was good enough to go to the Pro Bowl. Now all I play is NCAA. I like the Dynasty mode more than signing free agents.

HILife
06-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I haven't played madden in years.

HEAV
06-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I play Madden...but it gets to a point where I just can't stand the online cheeser players and the constant gameplay issues.

I still don't see them losing the NFL rights.

Cmac821
06-19-2010, 04:10 PM
How is NCAA Football? Recruiting hard because the last one I played it was ridiculous

NFLBRONCO
06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Imo NFL2K5 was the most challanging single player football game ever. I bet Madden is more fun online which I don't do but, single player its no fun at all I play it once and no more I tried 05 09 just to see changes still never played it more then once I'll never waste my money again.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2010, 04:13 PM
I play Madden...but it gets to a point where I just can't stand the online cheeser players and the constant gameplay issues.

I will agree with you on the online cheesers. That's why whenever I play online I always closely look at the record of the guy I'm playing and the team he uses. You can usually tell. If they have an obscenely good record, chances are they cheat. I mean, I know some people are just real good, but if there's a record of like 20-0 or 45-2 or something, 99% of the time they abuse the system. The other tip last year was using a mobile QB (Philly was great for this) and a good/great RB, because you have roll out of the pocket and make the defense shift and then go opposite field.

Archer81
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Last Madden I bought was 2009. Before that, Madden 2002 for the PS2. I realied when I was making money and had other costs (rent, food, utilities, carpayment)...dropping $60 a year for an updated roster seemed silly.

:Broncos:

TheChamp24
06-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Imo NFL2K5 was the most challanging single player football game ever. I bet Madden is more fun online which I don't do but, single player its no fun at all I play it once and no more I tried 05 09 just to see changes still never played it more then once I'll never waste my money again.

No football game has ever really been that challenging once you get the hang of it.
NFL2k5 was not that great of a game people make it out to be. Was it good? Yes, but my goodness it still had its own set of faults.

Cosmo
06-19-2010, 05:19 PM

They aren't losing NFL rights, they are losing EXCLUSIVE NFL rights

Hercules Rockefeller
06-19-2010, 05:26 PM
We boycott Madden 11 and show them that they are not allowed to be lazy anymore or they WILL lose money.

They've been lazy for years. It's the same game year in and year out, yet people still get eat that **** up.

Chris
06-19-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm down with this.

Rich Karlis
06-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Ill be picking Madden 11 up on August 10th. I never really understood the hatred that EA gets for this game. Its the NFL and its fun to play online and offline with friends. I cant wait for it to become non-exclusive so all these 2K fanboys can stop bitching.

What happens when there is a NFL 2K12 and it sucks just like all the other garbage 2K puts out? I bought NBA 2K10 and it was literally not playable online. Every single time I tried to play the team play online with a group of friends online it crashed out.

Rich Karlis
06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I will agree with you on the online cheesers. That's why whenever I play online I always closely look at the record of the guy I'm playing and the team he uses. You can usually tell. If they have an obscenely good record, chances are they cheat. I mean, I know some people are just real good, but if there's a record of like 20-0 or 45-2 or something, 99% of the time they abuse the system. The other tip last year was using a mobile QB (Philly was great for this) and a good/great RB, because you have roll out of the pocket and make the defense shift and then go opposite field.

There wont be any cheesing online in NFL 2K12 because 2K sports has figured this problem out already. Simple, there online modes wont work like the rest of their games.

Cosmo
06-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Ill be picking Madden 11 up on August 10th. I never really understood the hatred that EA gets for this game. Its the NFL and its fun to play online and offline with friends. I cant wait for it to become non-exclusive so all these 2K fanboys can stop b****ing.

What happens when there is a NFL 2K12 and it sucks just like all the other garbage 2K puts out? I bought NBA 2K10 and it was literally not playable online. Every single time I tried to play the team play online with a group of friends online it crashed out.

Hey, I've owned Madden the last 3 years, I'm angry because they seem to have time to put in a stupid 3v3 online mode but can't fix online franchise (the most popular new feature from last year). No one is saying NFL2K is awesome, we only agree that competition is healthy. You not buying Madden sends a message to EA to stop releasing the same damn thing each year.

wolf754life
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
madden is a sick joke, it used to be soooo **** it nevermind...

elsid13
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
My gripe with EA is that they had functions in PS2 version and Head Coach that should already been in the game. Add in non-working IR, ****ed up injuries and it's easy to piss off the buyer. Instead of fixing the things they add **** like ultimate team or some stupid play calling system that adds no depth to gameplay.

Jerry Curl
06-19-2010, 06:12 PM
I love NCAA and it's one of my favorite games ever, although last years I was disappointed by. That being said, last years Madden ruled imo. I don't really play online a lot besides my franchise with friends so I know it will be legit so that doesn't bug me. And I love me some 2k sports games (nba/mlb) but their football games weren't close ot madden imo.

2KBack
06-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Ill be picking Madden 11 up on August 10th. I never really understood the hatred that EA gets for this game. Its the NFL and its fun to play online and offline with friends. I cant wait for it to become non-exclusive so all these 2K fanboys can stop b****ing.

Look, it's all fine to have an opinion on which version of a game you prefer. I can easily show you that NBA2K10 averages an 85 on metacritic, while NBALIVE 2010 averages an 81. That argument can go in circles for decades. What is important to note is that there can actually be a discussion of which game is better, one game will also sell better, hopefully on the merit of it's quality. What is there to compare madden to? Nothing, the last time there was a comparison was 2K5, and that was the first time anyone had ever made a game that even compared to Madden. So instead of upping their game and producing the best product, they bought their way out of the competition.

I don't care which game anyone prefers, that was some bull**** and I won't support it.

Rich Karlis
06-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey, I've owned Madden the last 3 years, I'm angry because they seem to have time to put in a stupid 3v3 online mode but can't fix online franchise (the most popular new feature from last year). No one is saying NFL2K is awesome, we only agree that competition is healthy. You not buying Madden sends a message to EA to stop releasing the same damn thing each year.

Whatttt? A couple thousand people not buying Madden 11 has zero effect on what EA will do in Madden 12. 6 million copies sold by September last year so good luck on your boycott

BlaK-Argentina
06-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I can only imagine how good a 2k football game would be today without this long break because of the stupid license.

The jump from 2k3 to 2k5 was unbelievable. Those guys actually worked at improving their game. Unlike EA.

Madden is fun... but it's been the same freaking game since 2002!

Drek
06-19-2010, 07:50 PM
EA's contract with the NFL runs through the 2012 season, so the theory that they're holding back features and upgrades for a more competitive environment only holds weight if you feel that:

1. American Needle vs. the National Football League will prevail against appeal.

2. That said ruling will extend beyond just apparel.

3. That expansion of that ruling will occur in less than a calendar year.

4. That the NFL feels some other competitor makes a worthwhile offer for its license.

5. That said competitor can then get a game out within whatever time window is left after all the above four are achieved.

In other words, your theory about them holding back features is bull****.

EA is going to be the only game in town for NFL football video games come 2012 as well. Maybe in 2013 you'll see something different, since the EA/NFL deal will be expired and the NFL might go back to its old system to avoid further scrutiny.

GreeleyGrizzley
06-19-2010, 07:51 PM
You know, for me, it's not only the game play but it's the little things that bring it all together.

The crowd in Madden, for example, is the same seven people scattered throughout the stands, jumping up and down at the same time. It's the pathetic halftime experience. What's up with the stupid shield and all 32 logos flashing by in the background? And some of the half's best highlights are left out. Too lazy to actually put together a decent unique halftime production?! Let's do some kick-ass opening game intros with fireworks, fly overs, the national anthem and how about some freakin' cheerleaders!

Bring back the competition. That will force EA and their competitors to step their game up!

mr007
06-19-2010, 07:54 PM
2k5 was the best football game I've ever played and was simply an amazing online experience. I have tried Madden and it still doesn't compare..... that game did have it's flaws, but 2k was going in the right direction. Here's hoping they still have some people on their staff to make another football game when the exclusive license expires.

Jerry Curl
06-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Most of the things you mentioned people would bitch about if they were implemented. "Oh now we have to wait for the national anthem and stupid fly overs? Let us play football." And I'm glad they haven't done those things but rather worked on new engines for tackles and making the actual game better, not just the presentation.

That One Guy
06-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Whatttt? A couple thousand people not buying Madden 11 has zero effect on what EA will do in Madden 12. 6 million copies sold by September last year so good luck on your boycott

You can use that logic for everything in your daily life. If we all say that, we'll just be sheep at the mercy of a crowd. If all it becomes is a personal victory, good for you.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2010, 08:05 PM
You know, for me, it's not only the game play but it's the little things that bring it all together.

The crowd in Madden, for example, is the same seven people scattered throughout the stands, jumping up and down at the same time. It's the pathetic halftime experience. What's up with the stupid shield and all 32 logos flashing by in the background? And some of the half's best highlights are left out. Too lazy to actually put together a decent unique halftime production?! Let's do some kick-ass opening game intros with fireworks, fly overs, the national anthem and how about some freakin' cheerleaders!

Bring back the competition. That will force EA and their competitors to step their game up!

Completely disagree. See below.

Most of the things you mentioned people would b**** about if they were implemented. "Oh now we have to wait for the national anthem and stupid fly overs? Let us play football." And I'm glad they haven't done those things but rather worked on new engines for tackles and making the actual game better, not just the presentation.

EXACTLY. I hate the halftime thing they had last year. I kept just hitting "A" repeatedly to get through it. Get me to the coin toss and get me to the game. No halftime bull****, I don't need the "highlights" or any B.S. like that.

GreeleyGrizzley
06-19-2010, 08:05 PM
With that said, why not have a presentation option on the game setup menu. Wanna just play? Then turn the extras on low, or off all together.

But I digress...not like it's going to matter until we get some competition back in the system anyway.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2010, 08:09 PM
With that said, why not have a presentation option on the game setup menu. Wanna just play? Then turn the extras on low, or off all together.

But I digress...not like it's going to matter until we get some competition back in the system anyway.

Now that I would agree with. Being able to customize the presentation as you like would be cool.

Cosmo
06-19-2010, 09:07 PM
EA's contract with the NFL runs through the 2012 season, so the theory that they're holding back features and upgrades for a more competitive environment only holds weight if you feel that:

1. American Needle vs. the National Football League will prevail against appeal.

2. That said ruling will extend beyond just apparel.

3. That expansion of that ruling will occur in less than a calendar year.

4. That the NFL feels some other competitor makes a worthwhile offer for its license.

5. That said competitor can then get a game out within whatever time window is left after all the above four are achieved.

In other words, your theory about them holding back features is bull****.

EA is going to be the only game in town for NFL football video games come 2012 as well. Maybe in 2013 you'll see something different, since the EA/NFL deal will be expired and the NFL might go back to its old system to avoid further scrutiny.

So I'm wrong about the date, big flipping deal. Since they obtained the exclusive license, they haven't given us real time physics, they release a re-hashed game every year, ask fans what they want and never deliver, promise an upgradable server side version that they never upgrade. The Madden team just takes the money and laughs. Support them if you want, you're just being a mindless drone who would eat sh*t if they put it in a box and labeled it Madden 2011. This is about showing EA that we're tired of it.

Answers like this, finding the little problem inside the big picture is exactly why this country has gone to crap. We just deal with it, and don't think we can make a difference. I personally have more than 100 people I know already that will not buy madden 2011 because of these simple arguments. If each of you do the same, we can make more than a small dent.

Cosmo
06-19-2010, 09:09 PM

Good point, why don't you stop voting, your opinion doesn't mean d*ck. Lets see, over 100 people won't buy madden 11 because of my convincing. If all 100 convince 100 more and each of them 100 more. But yeah, zero effect. Way to believe in your own ability to change the world.

FireFly
06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
I play Madden and I hate it... but I also love it.

Every year the fans of the series want to boycott it. Especially the people that know what they're talking about or care about the publication of quality games. Problem is, just too many people buy it for anything like this to ever have a real affect.

Some huge FB boycott maybe?

Cosmo
06-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I play Madden and I hate it... but I also love it.

Every year the fans of the series want to boycott it. Especially the people that know what they're talking about or care about the publication of quality games. Problem is, just too many people buy it for anything like this to ever have a real affect.

Some huge FB boycott maybe?

You love it because its NFL football. Again, I bought the last 3 years and each year I think, they'll fix this next year and it'll be good enough for me. But....they never do. I plan to play NCAA Football, I need a football game and even though EA owns that too, I speak volumes by not buying Madden and telling everyone I know to not buy it as well. Hell, I may show up at Gamestop when everyone is waiting anxiously and tell them why to not buy Madden as well.

HEAV
06-19-2010, 09:31 PM
They aren't losing NFL rights, they are losing EXCLUSIVE NFL rights

That's what I meant. EA will not lose the exclusive right.

Killericon
06-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not gonna get uppity. They make a product I enjoy, and I'm willing to pay for it. Simple enough for me.

RonDaChamp24
06-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I love Madden every year and I'll continue to buy it every yer. I'll use NCAA the same way I always do: to hold me over until Madden comes out. Some people are never satisfied no matter what is or isn't in the game. I always enjoy it. Love using my Broncos with the newest players and coaches and everything else. Psyched about Gus Johnson doing the play by play this year. Best announcer hands down. This years version will be the bet version yet and I can't wait. Boycotting this years version isn't going to do anything because people will buy the game no matter what, especially hardcore NFL fans and video gamers.

Cosmo
06-19-2010, 10:57 PM
I love Madden every year and I'll continue to buy it every yer. I'll use NCAA the same way I always do: to hold me over until Madden comes out. Some people are never satisfied no matter what is or isn't in the game. I always enjoy it. Love using my Broncos with the newest players and coaches and everything else. Psyched about Gus Johnson doing the play by play this year. Best announcer hands down. This years version will be the bet version yet and I can't wait. Boycotting this years version isn't going to do anything because people will buy the game no matter what, especially hardcore NFL fans and video gamers.

Its a joke that you say that hardcore NFL fans will buy it. Its those very hardcore fans that get mad at EA for leaving so many features out. Online franchise doesn't have free agency, a salary cap, trades with computer AI, player awards, IT doesn't even have proper stats to view through the season (i.e. completion percentage isn't there). Its so incomplete its stupid. Buy it if you want, but don't claim that "hardcore NFL fans and video gamers" will buy it just because.

kappys
06-19-2010, 11:15 PM
I've bought it once in the last 6 years because it just isn't a very good product anymore and I don't really enjoy playing it. Why should this year be any different? Hopefully next year some other game producers will get back into it and create a good game ala NFL 2k5. Then again NBA 2k7 was a great game and has turned into complete trash by the time 2k9 came out

KipCorrington25
06-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Those bastards! This is important stuff people! Have the terrorists won?

TheChamp24
06-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Look, it's all fine to have an opinion on which version of a game you prefer. I can easily show you that NBA2K10 averages an 85 on metacritic, while NBALIVE 2010 averages an 81. That argument can go in circles for decades. What is important to note is that there can actually be a discussion of which game is better, one game will also sell better, hopefully on the merit of it's quality. What is there to compare madden to? Nothing, the last time there was a comparison was 2K5, and that was the first time anyone had ever made a game that even compared to Madden. So instead of upping their game and producing the best product, they bought their way out of the competition.

I don't care which game anyone prefers, that was some bull**** and I won't support it.

Funny how people think of EA getting the exclusive deal because they were afraid of competition.
No, the NFL saw a way to make a lot of money and came at the one with the money, EA.

Anyways, people need to forget about 2k making a football game because it will likely be crap when its first out again. Let us not also forget that EA made the best baseball game years back but that got thrashed with 2k buying the MLB license.

EA took a breather though on the next gen consoles. Heck, remember the first release on the 360? My goodness that sucked balls! We had features in last gen that we are still waiting for! That is what irks me, we had championship history, coach win/loss historic record, NFL records with career stats.

Doggcow
06-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Boycott **** games like COD MW2, and that rehash. Seriously.

At least Madden doesn't claim to make breakthroughs. It's not like Football changes from year to year.

Inkana7
06-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Madden sucks. It's so boring. And all they ever do is upgrade rosters and add in some bull**** game that no one plays.

Doggcow
06-20-2010, 01:36 AM
You love it because its NFL football. Again, I bought the last 3 years and each year I think, they'll fix this next year and it'll be good enough for me. But....they never do. I plan to play NCAA Football, I need a football game and even though EA owns that too, I speak volumes by not buying Madden and telling everyone I know to not buy it as well. Hell, I may show up at Gamestop when everyone is waiting anxiously and tell them why to not buy Madden as well.

I hope you show up at mine so I can laugh in your face and buy it, go home, and begin enjoying the awesomeness that is Tim Tebow.

kappys
06-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Boycott **** games like COD MW2, and that rehash. Seriously.

At least Madden doesn't claim to make breakthroughs. It's not like Football changes from year to year.

Yeah I wish I could find a way to retroactively boycott that ****. What a wast of money, such a **** game. I guess not buying their new maps sends a pseudomessage at least

Atwater His Ass
06-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Its a joke that you say that hardcore NFL fans will buy it. Its those very hardcore fans that get mad at EA for leaving so many features out. Online franchise doesn't have free agency, a salary cap, trades with computer AI, player awards, IT doesn't even have proper stats to view through the season (i.e. completion percentage isn't there). Its so incomplete its stupid. Buy it if you want, but don't claim that "hardcore NFL fans and video gamers" will buy it just because.

Game companies never have and never will cater to the "hardcore" crowd, being as they are such a small percentage of the total market. No matter how vocal they become.

$$$

UberBroncoMan
06-20-2010, 03:12 AM
I played Madden 11 at E3. Personally, I didn't enjoy it that much in the time I had. They've streamlined it so damn much. Games take "half the time" now. Funny stuff.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Franchise mode was perfected (apart from the salary cap growing too large in 10 years) on the PC edition of Madden four years ago.

EA are just a bunch of lazy bastards.

BMarsh615
06-20-2010, 03:32 AM

Yeah I can't stand people who run the Goaline Off Tackle play over and over with AP and then nano blitz all the time on defense. Online play sucks on Madden because most people only exploit the glitches when they play.

Drek
06-20-2010, 03:46 AM
So I'm wrong about the date, big flipping deal. Since they obtained the exclusive license, they haven't given us real time physics, they release a re-hashed game every year, ask fans what they want and never deliver, promise an upgradable server side version that they never upgrade. The Madden team just takes the money and laughs. Support them if you want, you're just being a mindless drone who would eat sh*t if they put it in a box and labeled it Madden 2011. This is about showing EA that we're tired of it.

Answers like this, finding the little problem inside the big picture is exactly why this country has gone to crap. We just deal with it, and don't think we can make a difference. I personally have more than 100 people I know already that will not buy madden 2011 because of these simple arguments. If each of you do the same, we can make more than a small dent.

Did I say I was buying the game you stupid ****? You've got your a-hole in a pucker all about **** you simply do not understand, so stop running your mouth about it like you do.

Here's a newsflash for you jerkoff. EA made **** football games on the Playstation. When Sony's Gameday line was dropping a steamer on it EA worked out a backroom deal for Sony to tank the franchise and preserve Madden (which didn't even go 3D until three years into the generation).

Last generation when 2K started giving EA a run for their money and priced competitively EA bought the exclusive license and shut 2K out of the picture.

This generation when that deal was close to expiring EA once again extended it and kept 2K out of the picture.

The NFL and NFLPA licenses are not cheap. Not just any developer can pick one up and throw out a game. EA is still the third largest 3rd party software producer in the industry. They regularly buy out entire competing companies.

Do you REALLY think that the expiration date of a deal they've already extended once poses a real hurdle for them maintaining an anti-competitive stance with regards to Madden? Hell, there have been strong rumors of them poking around Take 2/2K Games for a couple years now as a buyout target. All losing the NFL license will do is push them towards such a buyout faster, letting them remove all competition from the sports game field (except for Sony's own MLB The Show).

But keep yammering on about them intentionally withholding features for some arbitrary date that has no real relevance and telling people on an internet forum to boycott the game. Your real problem is that EA has never made a Madden game that lives up to its current hardware generation. They're mediocre developers who make mediocre games. Exclusive license or not they'll continue to make mediocre games. At the same time they have spent the last three generations engaging in anti-competitive behavior to protect the IP. That will not stop no matter who can or can't license the NFL and NFLPA likenesses.

yerner
06-20-2010, 08:56 AM
EA makes NHL10. It is not an mediocre game.

TheChamp24
06-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Did I say I was buying the game you stupid ****? You've got your a-hole in a pucker all about **** you simply do not understand, so stop running your mouth about it like you do.

Here's a newsflash for you jerkoff. EA made **** football games on the Playstation. When Sony's Gameday line was dropping a steamer on it EA worked out a backroom deal for Sony to tank the franchise and preserve Madden (which didn't even go 3D until three years into the generation).

Last generation when 2K started giving EA a run for their money and priced competitively EA bought the exclusive license and shut 2K out of the picture.

This generation when that deal was close to expiring EA once again extended it and kept 2K out of the picture.

The NFL and NFLPA licenses are not cheap. Not just any developer can pick one up and throw out a game. EA is still the third largest 3rd party software producer in the industry. They regularly buy out entire competing companies.

Do you REALLY think that the expiration date of a deal they've already extended once poses a real hurdle for them maintaining an anti-competitive stance with regards to Madden? Hell, there have been strong rumors of them poking around Take 2/2K Games for a couple years now as a buyout target. All losing the NFL license will do is push them towards such a buyout faster, letting them remove all competition from the sports game field (except for Sony's own MLB The Show).

But keep yammering on about them intentionally withholding features for some arbitrary date that has no real relevance and telling people on an internet forum to boycott the game. Your real problem is that EA has never made a Madden game that lives up to its current hardware generation. They're mediocre developers who make mediocre games. Exclusive license or not they'll continue to make mediocre games. At the same time they have spent the last three generations engaging in anti-competitive behavior to protect the IP. That will not stop no matter who can or can't license the NFL and NFLPA likenesses.

You do realize that Take 2/2k was on the verge of bankrupcy a few years back, which is why the talk of EA buying them came out? Grand Theft Auto sort of put that company on life reserve, I don't know how they are doing now but they were struggling a lot a few years back.
Your post is made up of a lot of twists, I mean Madden on the Playstation was awesome, first one to incorporate a Franchise mode. Madden on the PS2 was good, what has not been good is Madden on the next gen.
As for them acquiring the NFL license, again, why wouldn't you if you were a company and the NFL came to you asking if you want it? Then why wouldn't you extend it? You are acting like they should just throw out a good business model out so a competitor can come back and make a game against them.

TD30
06-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Just read a blog on EA that they have no plans on fixing online franchise this year, claiming it will take them more than a year to overhaul the franchise.

Rumor has it they are not going to get the exclusive NFL rights after this year and are withholding all new features until 2012 to boost sales.

I'm done with them. I can play NCAA 11 this year and watch as another game takes over the top football spot. Or....

Are we capable of resisting Madden for 1 year guys? Lets hear what you all think.

Here is the blog that shows their lack of commitment to this years Franchise modes (both off and online).

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=E3featureAndUpdate

God bless the return of NFL 2K Series always $20 and way better than Madden

spdirty
06-20-2010, 10:22 AM
So let me get this straight...online franchise will have no salaries, no trading with cpu, no importing ncaa rosters for the drafts, and no salary cap?

If thats true, **** em. Bought the game last year excited about the online franchise and was very disappointed. I played that game maybe 30 hours last year before getting tired of it.

Can anyone say exactly what additions they are making for online franchise next year?

NCAA online dynasty is friggin badass and this is I think the 3rd or 4th year they did it. Not gonna boycott that game, but until Madden fixes the online franchise issues that I want them to fix then I will refuse to give em 60 bucks to play the same crap as last year.

Bronco Boy
06-20-2010, 10:22 AM
The last Madden I bought was Madden 96. That game was great. "He's going to feel that one tomorrow!" Ha ha! Boom!

spdirty
06-20-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/11/madden-11-does-little-to-improve-franchise-and-online-franchise-modes

The comments here are pretty good. Maybe the idea of a boycott and just getting ncaa is really starting to grow legs.

HEAV
06-20-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm not a big Online franchise player, but I can understand the frustration many will have with the EA ignore of the feature.

Last year I was pissed over the roster updates and how EA had promised weekly roster updates (much like 2KSports living rosters) but as the season went along the roster updates went from weekly, to every other week,then to when EA felt a roster update was needed.

Not to mention Donny Moore (EA roster guru) was a douche bag with his favoring one team over another.

TheChamp24
06-20-2010, 11:24 AM
So let me get this straight...online franchise will have no salaries, no trading with cpu, no importing ncaa rosters for the drafts, and no salary cap?

If thats true, **** em. Bought the game last year excited about the online franchise and was very disappointed. I played that game maybe 30 hours last year before getting tired of it.

Can anyone say exactly what additions they are making for online franchise next year?

NCAA online dynasty is friggin badass and this is I think the 3rd or 4th year they did it. Not gonna boycott that game, but until Madden fixes the online franchise issues that I want them to fix then I will refuse to give em 60 bucks to play the same crap as last year.

The way I understand it, EA realized they had a crapfest in franchise mode so want to take 2 years to rehaul it and fix it. Now, whether they come out with an amazing online franchise/offline franchise, who knows.

Doggcow
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah I can't stand people who run the Goaline Off Tackle play over and over with AP and then nano blitz all the time on defense. Online play sucks on Madden because most people only exploit the glitches when they play.

There really wasn't any cheese this year. Nanos only worked in certain situations if you let them.

I'm 89-12 this year without using any exploits. I very rarely run into exploits either, and more often than not I can shut them down, because I play defense.

Doggcow
06-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Btw I could give a **** less about franchise mode, so all this crying over it means nothing to me... Lol.

Requiem
06-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Haven't purchased a Madden since 2008, so it's been three series. Have rarely played the newer ones since, and must say, they sucked as equally.

Cosmo
06-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Just read the link I provided man, and read the comments below. All EA apparently cares about is the online 1v1 play, the whole, "EA sports, if its in the game, its in the game" bullcrap just doesn't mean dick to them anymore. Their new slogan should be, "As long as you f*cktards keep buying, its close enough".

Cosmo
06-20-2010, 01:01 PM

You keep thinking that I am pro-Take 2/2K. I don't care who makes football games, I care about releasing a finished game and taking strides to improve it each year. NCAA Football, made by EA, does a much better job at taking strides forward than the Stupid ass madden team. If making EA fall short of projected sales for a year helps them pull their heads out of their ass, fantastic. If it brings a new company out of the dark to compete, great. Just tired of the charade that EA puts on with large forum posts about what features we'd like, huge blogs taking about all the cool things they are going to do and promises about how they can integrate what they never finished.

I may have my a-hole puckered up about EA being a dick company, but you buddy, need to freaking take a chill pill and get laid a few times. Calm the f*ck down.

06-20-2010, 01:23 PM
The way I understand it, EA realized they had a crapfest in franchise mode so want to take 2 years to rehaul it and fix it. Now, whether they come out with an amazing online franchise/offline franchise, who knows.

Hahahahaha.

They don't need two years.

They are full of hot air.

Kaylore
06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
My wife got me this last Madden and I took it back for Dragonage origins. I might get NCAA this year.

Killericon
06-20-2010, 01:28 PM
EA makes NHL10. It is not an mediocre game.

Not medicore is putting it casually. NHL 09/10 have been the best sports game I've ever played.

Hahahahaha.

They don't need two years.

They are full of hot air.

If they were serious about franchise dynasty modes/they'd've bought out OOTP Developments for peanuts long ago. They're not.

I give them lots of credit for trying Head Coach, even if they both sucked(I hate to admit...).

06-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Basically EA realized they're gonna sell the game no matter what.

Franchise mode will eventually not even be in the game.

Not enough people care about it.

yerner
06-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Not medicore is putting it casually. NHL 09/10 have been the best sports game I've ever played.

Yeah. They have been great. Unfortunately they decided to put its producer on the NBA series and not the Madden game. Its just sad that the most purchased game in their stable gets the least amount of innovation. Madden is an okay game when it should be an incredible gaming experience. And I disagree that they will ever take franchise out. It's still very important to many players.

chadta
06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
ill get the game a week early like i do every other year, but wont pay a cent for it, gotta love the internet

FireFly
06-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't care about online franchise.

I DO care about offline franchise. So yes I'm in the minority - but I'm in a very sad, neglected minority :(

FireFly
06-20-2010, 07:59 PM
ill get the game a week early like i do every other year, but wont pay a cent for it, gotta love the internet

Lies...

and if its true please reveal your super secret internet hax that others (especially me!) don't know!

maher_tyler
06-20-2010, 08:15 PM

Funny..that year Madden was one of if not the best Madden ever..in 05'

FireFly
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
The thing with Madden is, that they have the foundations for a very solid game. They need to stop messing with the formula. Fix whats broken. Fix the neglected parts of the game.

Don't go adding a new gimmick every year.

I swear, that's what the developers are told to do: "We need a new gimmick that we can advertise as being revolutionary to increase sales!"

And the sad part is, it works every year.

Broncos4Life
06-21-2010, 12:50 AM
My wife got me this last Madden and I took it back for Dragonage origins. I might get NCAA this year.

I just finished DAO 2 days ago. Bad ass game. I have yet to play Awakenings as I'm playing Resident Evil 5 now. So many games, so little time.

Broncos4Life
06-21-2010, 01:07 AM
The thing with Madden is, that they have the foundations for a very solid game. They need to stop messing with the formula. Fix whats broken. Fix the neglected parts of the game.

Don't go adding a new gimmick every year.

I swear, that's what the developers are told to do: "We need a new gimmick that we can advertise as being revolutionary to increase sales!"

And the sad part is, it works every year.

Yeah, it is pretty sad when all the press wants to do is talk about gameflow. I think its kinda cool they threw that in but when I heard about it, I would have never thought that would be the selling feature. I mean I've seen like five different interviews with the Madden dev team and all I hear is,"so tell us about the new gameflow feature in Madden 11." Lazy ****s! I am a die hard Madden fan though and will buy 11.

I played 03-07 mainly to play online and was pretty damn good. Lately though I like to play franchise mode and like a lot of you are really bummed that the dev team didn't fix out franchise mode. Contract structuring would have made chise mode so much more enjoyable. Its easier to go into cap hell than in years past and this could have really helped. A ****in moral meter would have been pretty cool as well.

I'm not buying Madden for the new features or gimmicks, I'm buying it to play NFL football with my Broncos.

Drek
06-21-2010, 06:29 AM
You do realize that Take 2/2k was on the verge of bankrupcy a few years back, which is why the talk of EA buying them came out? Grand Theft Auto sort of put that company on life reserve, I don't know how they are doing now but they were struggling a lot a few years back.

Take 2 was on the verge of bankruptcy not long after GTA: San Andreas was the most successful 3rd party release of all time. They will continue to be in financial hardship in cyclical fashion directly tied to GTA releases until they establish some other core franchises. They're hoping and praying that Red Dead and Bioshock do that, though the sales of Bioshock 2 would point towards that title at least not being a good fit for that role.

They'll cycle back in a year or two and be once again the subject of buyout talk, then put out a new GTA and people will quiet down about it again. But the fact remains that EA was seriously looking at buying the company even after their biggest release ever.

One big title isn't enough to carry an entire publishing entity.

Also, Madden hasn't been the best football game for several generations. The early Gameday titles where better than any PS1 Madden. The later 2K titles where better than Madden on PS2. Only on the current systems where there is zero competition do they actually have the best game, simply by default.

You keep thinking that I am pro-Take 2/2K. I don't care who makes football games, I care about releasing a finished game and taking strides to improve it each year. NCAA Football, made by EA, does a much better job at taking strides forward than the Stupid ass madden team. If making EA fall short of projected sales for a year helps them pull their heads out of their ass, fantastic. If it brings a new company out of the dark to compete, great. Just tired of the charade that EA puts on with large forum posts about what features we'd like, huge blogs taking about all the cool things they are going to do and promises about how they can integrate what they never finished.

I may have my a-hole puckered up about EA being a dick company, but you buddy, need to freaking take a chill pill and get laid a few times. Calm the **** down.

1. I didn't say you where pro anything. The only reason I mentioned 2K is that your notion that EA will somehow stop finding ways to practice anti-competitive behavior if they can't just buy an exclusive license from the NFL is entirely flawed. EA will always find new ways to keep Madden from having to truly compete on an even footing with another high end developer's product.

2. I'm a happy mother****er man, I'm just pointing out how your stupid ass started a whole thread to bitch and whine about something you don't even understand.

chadta
06-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Lies...

and if its true please reveal your super secret internet hax that others (especially me!) don't know!

nothing secret about it

do you think these games show up in the stores the morning they go on sale ?

so youve got hundreds or thousands of these games sitting around for a week before they can be sold, what are the odds of one person taking one home.

all it takes is one person who works at a store that sells the game to take it home and upload it before the release and your golden.

madden, van halen guitar hero, green day rock band, heck even super mario galaxy was available 2 days before you could buy it

look to black cat games, demonoid or wiiso ive never had a problem finding what i want

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Lies...

Seriously, you've never heard of downloading?

I don't do it myself for games, but it is pretty common to mod gaming systems to play burnt games. A lot of people do it on various forums I visit.

2KBack
06-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Funny..that year Madden was one of if not the best Madden ever..in 05'

it would stand to reason that the best maddens would have been produced while there was some incentive to compete for sales.