PDA

View Full Version : season ticket account hacked

mwill07
06-17-2010, 10:33 PM
So I was just checking in on my season ticket account, and I noticed that the address has been changed. My address (where the tickets are to be shipped) is in South Carolina, but per the web page it's listed as Erie, Co. Obviously, someone hacked my account and re-routed the tickets to go to them.

I will be placing a call to the ticket office tomorrow and changing passwords and all that...Is there anything else that can be done? Someone is conspiring to commit fraud here...I have an address of the alleged perp - is there anything that can be done to help put this rat away?

Also for you ticket holders - you might want to double check your account - I'm pretty sure the leak didn't happen from my end, seeing as how I've never been to Erie, Co and there is no way I've done anything silly like leave a browser open or something like that. I think that the Broncos ticket office server may have been hacked....just an FYI.

RMT
06-17-2010, 10:54 PM
sorry to hear that - checked my account; thankfully, it's A-Ok.

outdoor_miner
06-17-2010, 11:10 PM
McDaniels really is running this franchise into the ground...

j/k - glad you figured it out before it became a problem.

dbfan4life
06-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Checked mine...ok.

Dukes
06-18-2010, 06:32 AM
I'd pay the person in South Carolina a visit along with 5 of your friends.

Kaylore
06-18-2010, 07:19 AM
I'd pay the person in South Carolina a visit along with 5 of your friends.

You mean Erie Colorado. He's the person from Carolina.

What an idiot the hacker is. Now you have his address.

Dukes
06-18-2010, 08:13 AM
You mean Erie Colorado. He's the person from Carolina.

What an idiot the hacker is. Now you have his address.

I'm retarded. Yes that.

loborugger
06-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Before you go marching off to Erie CO with a chain and 5 friends, have you considered that it could also be a simple error on the part of the ticket office?

Broncoman13
06-18-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm retarded. Yes that.

You don't live in Erie by chance?

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Before you go marching off to Erie CO with a chain and 5 friends, have you considered that it could also be a simple error on the part of the ticket office?

Seems we've found the perp. That was too easy.

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2010, 09:14 AM
But I really, really want those tickets...

underrated29
06-18-2010, 09:35 AM
If someone is smart enough to hack into the season ticket mainframe, then they are not going to be dumb enough to put their house address on there as the delivery point.

It will probably be a PO box or a fake business or possibly even a public place where they can sneak in and snatch them.....Of course the world is full of idiots so you never know, but I doubt it is their home adress...

Did you google map/search the place? Is it a residence? What kind of community etc.

Rabb
06-18-2010, 09:52 AM
just checked mine, no problem here

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Erie is just where my mule picks the tickets up...

mwill07
06-18-2010, 10:16 AM
A simple google search returns a business at that address, but per google maps, it's a residential neighborhood. It's the type of business that a guy could run out of his garage. I'm guessing that the perp is probably someone who works for be business owner - either that or he's really that dumb. So instead of letting it play out, I simply went on-line and changed my address and password and be done with it.

mwill07
06-18-2010, 10:19 AM

it's possible, but if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone...just take warning.

CEH
06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
A simple google search returns a business at that address, but per google maps, it's a residential neighborhood. It's the type of business that a guy could run out of his garage. I'm guessing that the perp is probably someone who works for be business owner - either that or he's really that dumb. So instead of letting it play out, I simply went on-line and changed my address and password and be done with it.

What did the Broncos say about this. There are audit trails they can use to track down the date change and I think they would want to know about suspicious activity. I bet it was just an administrative error

My account is still in tact.

Kaylore
06-18-2010, 02:06 PM
I would pursue the issue as a service to other people who are victimized and as a service to the smart criminals' reputation that this guy is dragging down.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
The season ticket account pins are only four digits and I think they must be numbers.

seanpgk
06-18-2010, 07:10 PM
My account is fine, but thanks for the heads up. You never know...

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Perp is a strong word.

broncosteven
06-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Perp is a strong word.

so is ****

mwill07
06-18-2010, 09:00 PM
What did the Broncos say about this. There are audit trails they can use to track down the date change and I think they would want to know about suspicious activity. I bet it was just an administrative error

My account is still in tact.

about what one might expect a customer relations person to say..."we don't show a record of this, I'll be sure to tell my supervisor, I'd suggest changing my password, etc"

I didn't expect them to be able to tell me a whole lot. I'm still a little concerned how this happened.

mwill07
06-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I would pursue the issue as a service to other people who are victimized and as a service to the smart criminals' reputation that this guy is dragging down.

I don't know how someone expected this to play out...as if I wouldn't notice that they were missing and call the ticket office. Probably they don't realize that it's all electronified and they can simply deactivate the ticket number so it won't work when they bar-code scan it at entry.

mwill07
06-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Perp is a strong word.

sorry if I offended. Sometimes when I get angry I let the expletives fly. i'll try to keep it toned down from here on out.

doonwise
06-19-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm not very good at hacking... Does anyone want to share their season ticket account login and password?

Killericon
06-19-2010, 02:01 AM
I just checked mine, and now they're listed to go to South Carolina. Someone's gonna get a hurtin real bad...

Tombstone RJ
06-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I just checked mine, and now they're listed to go to South Carolina. Someone's gonna get a hurtin real bad...

South Carolina? Those were 'supposed to goto my PO Box in Hartsel! FOILED AGAIN!

worm
06-20-2010, 03:33 PM
My account is locked for some reason (whatever that means). Need to call them tomorrow.