PDA

View Full Version : OT - ESPN 30 for 30 The Juice is Loose.

broncosteven
06-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Where were you 16 years ago today when O.J. was the only white Bronco slower than Elway?

Anyone watch the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on last night? It was well done, I didn't remember all the other stuff that happened that day.

As for me I was working 2nd shift Sunday-Thursday in a Mainframe server room so I was off that day. Watched the whole thing unfold while doing laundry. I just remember ironing and cleaning up with the T.V. on.

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't remember too much about it. I definitely remember the 12-18 months after it though. It was like a bad rash that wouldn't go away. OJ this and OJ that....

Dagmar
06-17-2010, 08:30 PM
It was brilliant (and called 17th June 1994 if I am being pedantic!)

one thing I kept thinking was if the Internet was like it was today the Mane would have crashed and burned!

strafen
06-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Where were you 16 years ago today when O.J. was the only white Bronco slower than Elway?

Anyone watch the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on last night? It was well done, I didn't remember all the other stuff that happened that day.

As for me I was working 2nd shift Sunday-Thursday in a Mainframe server room so I was off that day. Watched the whole thing unfold while doing laundry. I just remember ironing and cleaning up with the T.V. on.Damn, it's been that long?

I remember following the whole thing on TV.
That was a show. The prosecutors got eaten alive!

Their kids must be young adults by now. I'm glad they've kept off the spotlight...

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2010, 09:17 PM
The whole Rodney King/OJ thing just blends together into one big SoCal/LA joke... why would anyone want to live there?

Los Broncos
06-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow it's been that long already? I remember being at home and automatically thinking he was guilty seeing him run like that.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I was at the Knicks/Rockets finals game. The rumors around the arena was nuts. And as soon as the game would go to time out, people would flood the food court to watch the chase.

Dutch
06-17-2010, 09:49 PM
I left Quantico after getting out of the Marines and drove down to see my soon to be wife (married on the 24th) at the Marine Base at Albany, Ga. Got to the barracks and she opens the door saying "your not going to believe this, its surreal". Sat back and watched the rest of it unfold. Crazy couple of weeks for my wife and I. Got out of the Marines, started a new job 3 days later, rented a house the next day. Got married 3 days after that. 2 Day honeymoon in the mountains of North Georgia on horseback. Moved my household goods the next three days from Quantico. Went to Albany again. Flint river flooded Southern Georgia Sunday night/Monday morning, nearly endo'ed my CJ7 on the way back to Atlanta when I hit a 3 foot deep washed over portion of State Highway 185 at 60 MPH. Stood the CJ on its nose at 0430 in the AM. Trucker behind me saw it and got on the CB squawking about looking at the bottom of a Jeep. Took 17 hours to get to the house. Didn't get to see my wife for three weeks as she was stuck on all kind of lovely cleanup/rescue details. We saw the ads for this and both just started cracking up about how crazy that stretch was, and how OJ Started it all.

Boobs McGee
06-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I was watching the nba finals, and remember they pretty much showed that damn white bronco ON A BIGGER split screen than the game was. At one point they completely switched over...i was pissed.

RhymesayersDU
06-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I was like 10, so I don't remember a ton. I remember that NBA Finals series, although I remember Game 7 and not the game that night. I mean I somewhat remember the chase or whatever.

These 30 For 30's get better each week. Last night was fantastic.

OBF1
06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
I was living in Orlando Florida... Remember watching TV seeing all the places I had been (Originally from California) and sitting back laughing...... No where else in the world could that happen but in LA.

broncosteven
06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
I was like 10, so I don't remember a ton. I remember that NBA Finals series, although I remember Game 7 and not the game that night. I mean I somewhat remember the chase or whatever.

These 30 For 30's get better each week. Last night was fantastic.

So your only 26?

RhymesayersDU
06-18-2010, 06:21 AM
So your only 26?

Yes.

Man-Goblin
06-18-2010, 07:16 AM
I remember watching the NBA finals and them cutting in with the chase and showing the game on a split screen.

For some reason, I thought it was Jordan and the Bulls in the finals that year, probably because I watched every single one of their games during their run.