PDA

View Full Version : University of Utah accepts invitation to join Pac-10

bronclvr
06-17-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=635&sid=11210641

Not sure how I feel about this-I guess all of you Buffs Fans can start hating the Utes-

Kaylore
06-17-2010, 04:17 PM
I guess for them it's good because if they are ranked high they actually have a shot at a national title. The money is probably good too. I think it sucks for the rivalry (which they can still try and have I guess) but it hurts BYU's recruiting likely and weakens the Mountain West.

broncswin
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM
The Buffs and the Pac 10 needed this to happen...now the MWC is really SOL unless they pull off a miracle...they just lost their best chance at a BCS bid with Utah leaving...all I can say is LMAO at the csuck rams and their confrence

loborugger
06-17-2010, 04:56 PM
As a Mtn West fan, this kinda stinks. Utah has been coming on for about 20 years now - both in football and basketball. Not that you can be upset with Utah for stepping up to a better conference, but it still stinks.

Houshyamama
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
As a Mtn West fan, this kinda stinks. Utah has been coming on for about 20 years now - both in football and basketball. Not that you can be upset with Utah for stepping up to a better conference, but it still stinks.

CSU needs to do their best to get out of that conference. They will never be a major national threat in that conference and will always play second fiddle to CU. Not a huge fan other either team, although I grew up in CO, but I side with CU because they're just usually better.

broncocalijohn
06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=635&sid=11210641

Not sure how I feel about this-I guess all of you Buffs Fans can start hating the Utes-

This will be their Pac 10 rival. Sure, they will still play CSU and Nebraska but the Utes will be to get bowl bids. We bring in one good football team and one bad one. Fair and balanced.

GoBroncos84
06-17-2010, 05:32 PM
As a Ute homer, I consider the team to be a two time national champion. I'd much rather they just changed to a playoff system so its fair for everyone, but since that likely won't be happening any time soon at least the Utes can legitimately play for a championship each year. Hopefully they can hold up in this conference

loborugger
06-17-2010, 05:42 PM
CSU needs to do their best to get out of that conference. They will never be a major national threat in that conference and will always play second fiddle to CU. Not a huge fan other either team, although I grew up in CO, but I side with CU because they're just usually better.

That may very well happen. If the Big 12 - which now is a Big 10 - wants to have a conference championship game, then they need 12 teams. I would think that a school like CSU would be on their list.

I was having delusional hopes that the Mtn West would not only pick up BSU (which it did) but hold on to all of its marbles and become a powerful conference. As it stands right now, a conference with BSU, TCU, Utah, and BYU is on par with some of the BCS conferences. Granted, they cant swing with the SEC (but who can?), or the Big 12 (before the departure of the Huskers), and maybe the Big 10 (lotsa clods in their like Northwestern and Minnesota), but I think they are on par with the Big East, the ACC, or the PAC 10 (whose butt they were kicking left & right in the bowl games in the last few years).

But, the BCS conferences are desperate to keep the status quo and their grip on those high dollar games. Cant be letting an upstart bust in.

spdirty
06-17-2010, 07:41 PM

Well right now you can thank Texas for CSU and Air Force not being in a power conference. If Texas woudve gone to the Pac 10 it wouldve dissolved the Big 12 which would have opened up a spot for the MW to take that power conference spot that might have opened up had the Big 12 went away.

The college football division 1A system is such bull****. Worse than MLB.

strafen
06-17-2010, 10:12 PM
I guess for them it's good because if they are ranked high they actually have a shot at a national title. The money is probably good too. I think it sucks for the rivalry (which they can still try and have I guess) but it hurts BYU's recruiting likely and weakens the Mountain West.

Yeah, The Utes have been a team that always compete but nobody takes them seriously as national championship caliber team.
I think it's going to be great for them...

bpc
06-18-2010, 12:22 AM
The CSU Rams suck, nobody will want them. They can't even draw 20k consistently to their games.

I'm stoked about CU AND Utah getting the invite to the Pac 10. Once CU ditches Tawkins, we'll be on to a glorious new era of Buffs football, especially being able to tap back into the strongest recruiting and alumni areas for the University. I can hardly wait for 2011.

OCBronco
06-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Being a Pac-10 fan, I think it's great. Utah finally gets the recognition it deserves. And, frankly, it makes a lot of sense for Utah and CU to be natural rivals with Arizona and ASU.