PDA

View Full Version : JD Walton signed

BMarsh615
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Per denverbroncos twitter

The Broncos on Thu. signed 3rd-round pick J.D. Walton. The team also waived DL Jaron Baston and designated FB Kyle Eckel waived/injured. #fb

After inking their three defensive selections in April’s NFL Draft earlier this offseason, the Broncos got to work on the offense on Thursday, signing third-round pick J.D. Walton.
The team also announced it waived Jaron Baston and designated Kyle Eckel waived/injured.
Walton, an offensive lineman from Baylor, was the 80th pick in the draft after being named an All-American during his senior season. The three-year starting center allowed just three sacks on 721 pass plays during his final two seasons as a Bear.

Head Coach Josh McDaniels said he liked Walton’s versatility and intelligence during pre-draft workouts. Walton, the fourth of the team’s nine draft picks, was one of three lineman the team drafted along with Zane Beadles and Eric Olsen. The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder has seen time with the first unit offensive line during OTAs.
Walton joins Perrish Cox, Jammie Kirlew and Syd’Quan Thompson as rookies who have signed with more than a month left before the start of training camp.
“It’s definitely a dream come true,” Walton said of his fledgling NFL career earlier this month. “I’m just having fun with it and soaking it in.”
Baston was a college free agent defensive lineman from Missouri. Eckel, a fullback who won a Super Bowl last season with New Orleans, signed with the team on June 4. The move leaves Spencer Larsen as the lone fullback on the roster.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-sign-walton/

crush17
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
WTF was the point of picking up Eckel then??

Binkythefrog
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Good to see draft picks signing early. I know we'll have to wait on Thomas and Tebow since Bradford, Suh, McCoy etc haven't signed yet.

underrated29
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
My fav pick of the draft! Glad we got him signed and in!!

diehardbroncosfan
06-17-2010, 02:00 PM
It's awesome we got him signed, but why we haven't signed Eric Olsen yet? Seems weird to have skipped over him.

bowtown
06-17-2010, 02:01 PM
http://www.sewellinternet.com/graphics/fist-pump.jpg

bowtown
06-17-2010, 02:03 PM
It's awesome we got him signed, but why we haven't signed Eric Olsen yet? Seems weird to have skipped over him.

He's probably holding out for Dan LeFevour money.

BMarsh615
06-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Contract information....

Broncos third-round J.D. Walton received a $798,500 signing bonus on a four-year deal with a total value of $2.58 million, per a source.

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/16417592353

Kaylore
06-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Good to see draft picks signing early. I know we'll have to wait on Thomas and Tebow since Bradford, Suh, McCoy etc haven't signed yet.

I'm willing to bet that Tebow makes sure his agent gets him in on time. Thomas on the other hand will likely be tied to the other pics as per usual.

Great job of the FO to start getting these guys fixed early and not letting Dumervil's negotiations slow down the other contracts.

bronclvr
06-17-2010, 02:23 PM
I wish they would get Doom taken care-it makes me uneasy even though he really didn't have a choice-

gyldenlove
06-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm willing to bet that Tebow makes sure his agent gets him in on time. Thomas on the other hand will likely be tied to the other pics as per usual.

Great job of the FO to start getting these guys fixed early and not letting Dumervil's negotiations slow down the other contracts.

Well the good thing is that the cowboys and bengals both open camp before we do and they both drafted right around us, 21 and 24 I believe so hopefully they get their players under contract and that sets up the slotting nicely for us.

Beantown Bronco
06-17-2010, 02:26 PM
The move leaves Spencer Larsen as the lone fullback on the roster.

I heard on the light rail that he locked up the position. Unless of course they bring in some competition during training camp.

Popps
06-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I heard on the light rail that he locked up the position. Unless of course they bring in some competition during training camp.

http://thdonline.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/interesting.jpg

Josh McDaniels
06-17-2010, 02:35 PM
We're very excited to get JD locked up. We're hoping for him to be a cornerstone of our line for a long time.

Now we can move on and get the rest of the rookies signed and a couple of big contracts worked out. Stay tuned.

SoDak Bronco
06-17-2010, 02:36 PM
We're very excited to get JD locked up. We're hoping for him to be a cornerstone of our line for a long time.

Now we can move on and get the rest of the rookies signed and a couple of big contracts worked out. Stay tuned.

weak sauce

bronco militia
06-17-2010, 02:36 PM

beat it

yawn....you were out scooped by your own website

scorpio
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM

try harder baja

Requiem
06-17-2010, 02:48 PM
http://meandthefinancelady.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lombardi-trophy.jpg

cmhargrove
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM

The real Josh would have just given a fist pump.

mkporter
06-17-2010, 03:25 PM

Tebow signing early may help get Thomas signed since they were drafted pretty close to each other.

BMarsh615
06-17-2010, 03:36 PM
The real Josh would have just given a fist pump.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8291/mcdaniels.gif (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/mcdaniels.gif/)

tsiguy96
06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm not this baja person

I am reaching out here and I only have a small window of time.. I will take a few sincere questions over the next couple of days.

hahahahahahahaha

busted

montrose
06-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Xanders rules!

crush17
06-17-2010, 04:17 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8291/mcdaniels.gif (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/mcdaniels.gif/)

HOLY AWESOME!!
When did we get that?!??!

Rabb
06-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm not this baja person

I am reaching out here and I only have a small window of time.. I will take a few sincere questions over the next couple of days.

nice work baja...good lord

Dagmar
06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
i'm not this baja person

i am reaching out here and i only have a small window of time.. I will take a few sincere questions over the next couple of days.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

BroncoBuff
06-17-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm willing to bet that Tebow makes sure his agent gets him in on time.

Defnitely. Tebow might be the least likely player in history to hold out.

strafen
06-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Defnitely. Tebow might be the least likely player in history to hold out.I doubt it too.
He's going to be involved as much as he can in the offense.
Missing any type of action can set him back...

FireFly
06-17-2010, 08:16 PM

I agree with all of this.

Except I'm sure Tebow will get paid comeasureate with where he was picked just like all the other draftees - he won't hold out, but he'll get paid less than the higher picks and more than those picked after him; I really can't understand when rookies hold out.

Holding out as a rookie never seems to make any financial sense unless you one of the top 3 overall - and even then it's not always sensible.

I expect all our rookies AND Dumervil to be signed by the end of camp and hopefully before.

strafen
06-17-2010, 08:34 PM
I agree with all of this.

Except I'm sure Tebow will get paid comeasureate with where he was picked just like all the other draftees - he won't hold out, but he'll get paid less than the higher picks and more than those picked after him; I really can't understand when rookies hold out.

Holding out as a rookie never seems to make any financial sense unless you one of the top 3 overall - and even then it's not always sensible.

I expect all our rookies AND Dumervil to be signed by the end of camp and hopefully before.Just a little less than a month before the start of TC...

KipCorrington25
06-17-2010, 08:38 PM
WTF was the point of picking up Eckel then??

Because it's a rudderless ship.

ZONA
06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Yippee. He was my favorite Center in the draft and I'm sure glad we landed him as late as we did isntead of going for the Florida kid in the 1st. I think he will be a rock solid Center and he's going to help us right off the bat near goal line. He goes about 20-25 pounds more then ole lightfoot was last year.