PDA

View Full Version : Pixar - Toy Story 3

Dagmar
06-17-2010, 01:29 PM
For me one of the highlights of the movie going summer has been Ratatouille, Wall-E and Up! This year we get the return of Toy Story, one of the few movie's that had a sequel as good or better than the original classic.

Who's going? Best children's movie of the year, better than the crappy Shrek at least!

Rotten Tomatoes has 40 reviews, it is sitting at 100% positive at the moment. It will be the best reviewed movie of 2010.

And it is 3D!

http://www.nerdcore.de/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/toystory3shirtfront.jpg

http://www.chipandco.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/toystory3d.jpg

I am a big child and love it!

:thumbsup:

broncswin
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
For me one of the highlights of the movie going summer has been Ratatouille, Wall-E and Up! This year we get the return of Toy Story, one of the few movie's that had a sequel as good or better than the original classic.

Who's going? Best children's movie of the year, better than the crappy Shrek at least!

Rotten Tomatoes has 40 reviews, it is sitting at 100% positive at the moment. It will be the best reviewed movie of 2010.

And it is 3D!

http://www.nerdcore.de/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/toystory3shirtfront.jpg

http://www.chipandco.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/toystory3d.jpg

I am a big child and love it!

:thumbsup:

Me too dag...I have four kids and we watch every kid movie out there...My oldest (6) loves the toy stories and gets to see this one at the theatre and the both of us our excited

OBF1
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Another question.... Better Disney attraction, Astro blasters or Toy story mania ???

bronco militia
06-17-2010, 01:45 PM
I always go see a movie for Fathers day. J

ust like last year, I'lll be gathering up the family for another Pixar classic.

Taco John
06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I bought our tickets yesterday, and have my three year old jazzed up and ready to go. He loves getting to the "fee-ah-tur".

Quoydogs
06-17-2010, 01:55 PM
In high school a buddy brought over a bag of shrooms and Toy Story. I have not been able to watch that show since. The little army dudes really freaked me out.

I might have to try it again though. Looks pretty funny in the clips.

Dagmar
06-17-2010, 01:57 PM
I always go see a movie for Fathers day. J

ust like last year, I'lll be gathering up the family for another Pixar classic.

I was worried that their upcoming slate has more sequels than originals, especially since they canceled "Newt". Seems from the reviews this one is another classic.

Popps
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Looking forward to taking the little one to see it. Will be her first movie in a theater.

Los Broncos
06-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Looking forward to taking the little one to see it. Will be her first movie in a theater.

I remember taking my son to his first movie, he acutally sat still and didnt say a word, it was kind of strange.

gunns
06-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Absolutely love Toy Story and will be going possibly with grandkids. I would love to see another Monsters Inc also. Pixar does some amazing movies.

diehardbroncosfan
06-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Toy Story was the first movie that I can remember watching in the theater and is my top twenty films of all time. Tomorrow night can't roll around quickly enough. Should be a lot of fun!

chadta
06-17-2010, 03:07 PM
going to the drive in to see it, kids have only seen one movie at the drive in and loved it, have been waiting for this one to make a return.

BlaK-Argentina
06-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Toy Story is so amazing. One of the best movies ever IMO. Both of them. I can't wait for this one!! I'm so glad to hear it's getting good reviews!

bowtown
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know what kind of parents would let their kids watch Toy Story. Might as well be sitting them down in front of a marathon of Ghostbusters.

tsr28
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Can't think of a bad Pixar movie, only ones that rate better than others. I can watch them all again.

Dagmar
06-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Absolutely love Toy Story and will be going possibly with grandkids. I would love to see another Monsters Inc also. Pixar does some amazing movies.

Well, The Bear and the Bow, then Cars 2 are next up for Pixar, then Monsters Inc 2 is rumored to follow.

Beantown Bronco
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Can't think of a bad Pixar movie, only ones that rate better than others. I can watch them all again.

Jack Black said it best a few years ago when he was promoting Kung Fu Panda. He said "I cash checks from Dreamworks and then bet it all on the Pixar movie to win the Oscar."

Chris
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I would prefer to not see it in 3d so I remember the visuals instead of a giant blur that cost me an extra 4 dollars.

broncosteven
06-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Jack Black said it best a few years ago when he was promoting Kung Fu Panda. He said "I cash checks from Dreamworks and then bet it all on the Pixar movie to win the Oscar."

SkaDouche!

FireFly
06-17-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't have any kids and I'll still be going!

Killericon
06-18-2010, 12:03 AM
SkaDouche!

He actually said it presenting at the Oscars.

d bronx42
06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Its rated a 9.4 on IMBD so it must be very impressive... Its getting stellar reviews from every article ive seen. Looking forward to seeing it.

Archer81
06-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I liked Finding Nemo and Monsters, Inc but could never get into the Toystory series. Could be that talking dolls freak me out a bit and remind me way too much of the clown from Poltergeist who tries to strangle the kid after they get Carolanne back...

:Broncos:

Taco John
06-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Holy cow was that awesome. I loved every second of it.

But I wouldn't recommend taking a young kid to that - especially on a first theatre trip. My 3-year old, who has been to the theatre before, was pretty well terrified and confused by the whole thing.

It was quite a bit darker than you're used to with the Toy Story franchise, but that made it quite a theatre experience. I would have loved to have seen that one in 3D (we went to the local cinema plex that didn't have 3D). But even in 2D it really sucks you in. And by the end of the thing, they've put you through quite a ride.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but I will say if that move doesn't grip your heart there at the end, then you might need to get a check-up to see if it's still ticking.

5 stars.

BlaK-Argentina
06-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Holy cow was that awesome. I loved every second of it.

But I wouldn't recommend taking a young kid to that - especially on a first theatre trip. My 3-year old, who has been to the theatre before, was pretty well terrified and confused by the whole thing.

It was quite a bit darker than you're used to with the Toy Story franchise, but that made it quite a theatre experience. I would have loved to have seen that one in 3D (we went to the local cinema plex that didn't have 3D). But even in 2D it really sucks you in. And by the end of the thing, they've put you through quite a ride.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but I will say if that move doesn't grip your heart there at the end, then you might need to get a check-up to see if it's still ticking.

5 stars.

Awesome!! CAN'T WAIT!

bronco militia
06-19-2010, 12:01 AM
I would prefer to not see it in 3d so I remember the visuals instead of a giant blur that cost me an extra 4 dollars.

this....

El Guapo
06-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Wow, this one topped them all. Saw it last night In 3D and it was funny, sad, and sweet all rolled into one 2 hour movie. I would definitely recommend this one. Once again pixar comes through with an oscar worthy animation/story!

Edit:

to expand upon the notion of 3D, it was simply awesome. There were no gimmicks like 3D movies of the past, it simply just added depth to the entire movie. I was thoroughly impressed.