PDA

View Full Version : OT-- Need help on cell phones

Quoydogs
06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Looking for a new cell phone for my wife. I looked through some of the old threads and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I need something durable. This lady is hell on phones. I mean like one every 6 months tough on phones. She texts but that is about it. GPS would be a plus but I don't know why meaning we have one in the car already.

So does anyone own the Karl Mecklenburg of phones?

Any help would be great my wallet thanks you.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
http://djlulu.com/BagPhone.jpg

Get her one of these sweet units. Doubles as a vintage purse.

Quoydogs
06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Get her one of these sweet units. Doubles as a vintage purse"

I thought about one of those. I really did. I also thought about converting one of the old wwII hand held CB's but she needs it to look somewhat stylish.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26724&stc=1&d=1276651122

Quoydogs
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
he is such a brat...I am speaking through his ID now.

I do not go through phones every 6 months. They just need to be able to be thrown across a parking lot, and get wet, and get put in the deep freezer. None of this is on purpose.

Oh, and I want a calendar that can sync to my computer.

oubronco
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
I believe Motorola has a Contractors phone that is virtually indestructible and water proof, might look there

gyldenlove
06-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I believe Motorola has a Contractors phone that is virtually indestructible and water proof, might look there

Nokia used to have one like that too, but I think they discontinued it, I think they designed it with help from Dewalt.

Boobs McGee
06-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Motorola Tundra for Att

The casio g zone line for verizon...my buddy's a roofer, and has one of the older ones. Maybe the boulder? Anywho, he's dropped it off of roofs, into water, etc etc and it's still tickin. Not the prettiest phone in the world, but durable.

If you have sprint...their nextel line is badass. I use the i576 everyday at work, and that thing has been through the WRINGER. Left out in rain storms, run over by golf carts, dropped, on dusty fields...it's tough.

here's a website with some different ones

http://www.andrews.com/cell-phones/rugged/

HAT
06-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Palm Pixi

Quoydogs
06-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Motorola Tundra for Att

The casio g zone line for verizon...my buddy's a roofer, and has one of the older ones. Maybe the boulder? Anywho, he's dropped it off of roofs, into water, etc etc and it's still tickin. Not the prettiest phone in the world, but durable.

If you have sprint...their nextel line is badass. I use the i576 everyday at work, and that thing has been through the WRINGER. Left out in rain storms, run over by golf carts, dropped, on dusty fields...it's tough.

here's a website with some different ones

http://www.andrews.com/cell-phones/rugged/

Thanks man this will help a ton.

Irish Stout
06-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Ha ha your wife got on your account!

That One Guy
06-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Hahahahaha... He showed her the thread!

At least he did it before it got juicy this time. Maybe he should express doubts about the relationship due to her phone abuse and then show her the thread again. Then we're talkin'.

Irish Stout
06-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Hahahahaha... He showed her the thread!

At least he did it before it got juicy this time. Maybe he should express doubts about the relationship due to her phone abuse and then show her the thread again. Then we're talkin'.

Man... now I'm really worried about this guy.

DUDE, whatever you do, do not follow her to Myrtle Beach so she can be a waitress and you don't have a job lined up!

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Dude, just go with pre-paid throwaway phones. You'll never pay more than $20 for them and she can basically get a new one as often as she likes w/o breaking the bank.

I've had the same one for 3 years now (cheapo Sony Ericcson flip phone) and beat the hell out of it daily.

bowtown
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Dude, just go with pre-paid throwaway phones. You'll never pay more than $20 for them and she can basically get a new one as often as she likes w/o breaking the bank.

I've had the same one for 3 years now (cheapo Sony Ericcson flip phone) and beat the hell out of it daily.

Yep, Ericcson makes phones that are nice and tough as nails. I had an Ericcson for 4 years. Went swimming with it once, dropped it a million times, even once had to have the screen replaced (cost like $50). That phone was a champion.

Quoydogs
06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Ha ha your wife got on your account!

Note to self, Close window after reading. thwack

Los Broncos
06-16-2010, 09:13 AM

I had one for years, good choice.