PDA

View Full Version : Colquitt locks up punting job... maybe

BigPlayShay
06-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Unless they bring someone into camp:

Cut Trapasso. Also cut LB Korey Bosworth, and claimed RB Kolby Smith off waivers from KC

http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos/status/16257129026

And LB Braxton Kelly was waived/injured:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/kelley-waivedinjured/

SouthStndJunkie
06-15-2010, 02:58 PM
The fact that they cut A.J. Trapasso does not mean Colquitt has the job locked up....they may bring in some competition for training camp.

BigPlayShay
06-15-2010, 03:01 PM
The fact that they cut A.J. Trapasso does not mean Colquitt has the job locked up....they may bring in some competition for training camp.

yeah, I said that.

Mr.Meanie
06-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Kolby Smith! I liked watching that guy. He has a shot to make it as 4th string, I think.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm thinking Colquitt doesn't necessarily have the job locked up. What if the front office signs someone to comete at training camp?

jebures
06-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Kolby Smith! I liked watching that guy. He has a shot to make it as 4th string, I think.

big improvement over Bruce Hall, Toney Baker, and Lance Ball IMO

DomCasual
06-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Cut Trapasso. Also cut LB Korey Bosworth, and claimed RB Kolby Smith off waivers from KC

http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos/status/16257129026

And LB Braxton Kelly was waived/injured:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/kelley-waivedinjured/

I had high hopes for the Boz.

bronclvr
06-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Where's Jim Turner when you need him?

That One Guy
06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Quite interesting that the NE folks in KC cut Kolby Smith and our NE guy picked em up. You have to figure they talk.

Kaylore
06-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm thinking Colquitt doesn't necessarily have the job locked up. What if the front office signs someone to comete at training camp?

It doesn't mean he has it locked up! Jeez they could easily sign someone before camp!

elsid13
06-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I think Denver should make a run for that Tenn Punter Kern. I hear he pretty good with great leg.

bowtown
06-15-2010, 03:27 PM
IMO, while it does speak well to Colquitt's chances, I think it is a stretch to say "locked up." There are still FA punters out there that the team could sign before camp if they felt that they still wanted some competition... just imho.

elsid13
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM
PFW rumor - theDAVE has declined to tryout for the punter position, citing problem dealing with midgets and he still afraid that aids spitting cobra has not be caught at Dove Valley yet.

baja
06-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Ya know they might bring in someone for training camp.

Los Broncos
06-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Lets bring in Anubis for a look.

broncosteven
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Where's Jim Turner when you need him?

You mean Bucky Dilts right? Turner was a place kicker who also caught TD's vs the Raiders.

BTW I wonder what happens if the FO brings in competition at TC?

broncswin
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
I totally think Colquitt has won the starting position at punter for the Denver Broncos....Unless they bring someone else in to compete during training camp at Dove Valley and he is better...then I don't think that Mr. Colquitt has won the job yet....it is all so confusing

broncswin
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Ya know they might bring in someone for training camp.

possible

broncswin
06-15-2010, 03:50 PM
You mean Bucky Dilts right? Turner was a place kicker who also caught TD's vs the Raiders.

BTW I wonder what happens if the FO brings in competition at TC?

possibly beats out Colquitt

broncswin
06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
IMO, while it does speak well to Colquitt's chances, I think it is a stretch to say "locked up." There are still FA punters out there that the team could sign before camp if they felt that they still wanted some competition... just imho.

I agree with your HO

broncswin
06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
It doesn't mean he has it locked up! Jeez they could easily sign someone before camp!

guess I never thought of that

broncswin
06-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I totally think Colquitt has won the starting position at punter for the Denver Broncos....Unless they bring someone else in to compete during training camp at Dove Valley and he is better...then I don't think that Mr. Colquitt has won the job yet....it is all so confusing

I agree with this.....oh wait this is me crap

Irish Stout
06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Nice!

iDENVER
06-15-2010, 04:11 PM
so colquitt has it locked up, u know unless they decide to bring in someone else to compete. :wiggle:

baja
06-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Lets not overlook the possibility we might bring is some competition for Colquitt during training camp.

tsiguy96
06-15-2010, 04:17 PM
its being reported that colquitt is officially the starter and has locked it up. unless they bring one more guy to camp, which is entirely possible. but colquitt locked it up. unless.

Mr.Meanie
06-15-2010, 04:27 PM
its being reported that colquitt is officially the starter and has locked it up. unless they bring one more guy to camp, which is entirely possible. but colquitt locked it up. unless.

Good point. They always could bring someone into camp.

Caveat Lector
06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Quite interesting that the NE folks in KC cut Kolby Smith and our NE guy picked em up. You have to figure they talk.

Wouldn't surprise me if Smith didn't pass his physical at Denver. This could be JJ Arrington all over again...

Sodak
06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
"Competition in Training Camp they might bring."

-Yoda. ( He knows his sh*t )

broncosteven
06-15-2010, 05:28 PM
I wonder if they might bring Todd Sauerbrun in for TC competition or if Colquit locked it up already?

Man-Goblin
06-15-2010, 06:14 PM
The Broncos punting depth is really thin now.

tsiguy96
06-15-2010, 06:18 PM

true...hopefully they can add some depth off waivers? maybe bring some competition in?

Dr. Broncenstein
06-15-2010, 06:18 PM

It seems as though we are faced with an acute competition deficiency at the punter position. I hope Colquitt doesn't get complacent by thinking he's solidified the starting position. After analyzing the situation, it looks like Colquitt may have a lock on the job.

The Joker
06-15-2010, 06:21 PM
You guys are all sarcastic idiots.

Clearly they see Colquitt as their guy moving forward, otherwise why would they cut Trapasso now? If there was some sort of question mark over it, they would keep him around and at least let him battle it out with Colquitt in TC and see who comes out the other end of that battle with the job. Clearly the staff have been impressed by Colquitt and see them as their guy moving forward and are happy to go with him. I think it's absolutely fair to say that he has the starting gig locked up. For now anyway that is, I still wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in some competition in camp.

That One Guy
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM

Clearly they see Colquitt as their guy moving forward, otherwise why would they cut Trapasso now? If there was some sort of question mark over it, they would keep him around and at least let him battle it out with Colquitt in TC and see who comes out the other end of that battle with the job. Clearly the staff have been impressed by Colquitt and see them as their guy moving forward and are happy to go with him. I think it's absolutely fair to say that he has the starting gig locked up. For now anyway that is, I still wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in some competition in camp.

So, to summarize, he has the job locked up until and unless they bring in competition?

This should probably have its own thread.

baja
06-15-2010, 06:32 PM

Maybe they cut him to make way for some stiffer competition.... hey speaking of stiffer competition maybe Cox can kick.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Yesterday we had two punters. Yay!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Touchdown_jesus.jpg

Today we have one.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/15/article-0-0A0BFCC2000005DC-635_634x391.jpg

I think you get the point. Hope we fix this shiat before training camp.

bowtown
06-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I think you get the point. Hope we fix this shiat before training camp.

Yeah, but then again, Colquitt may already have the position

http://www.videospot.co.za/scripts/upload/img/locked.jpg

tsiguy96
06-15-2010, 06:40 PM
he could very well have it locked up, but this could turn into an old fashioned
http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2009/06/88398,xcitefun-sumo-6.jpg
during camp though.

broncosteven
06-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah, but then again, Colquitt may already have the position

http://www.videospot.co.za/scripts/upload/img/locked.jpg

I would hate to see what kind of popups you had on your PC after searching for that.

Hope you have a current Anti-virus and great Spyware tool.

LOL!

Dedhed
06-15-2010, 07:19 PM
I liked what I saw in Colquitt with his ability to place the ball deep, and think he deserves to have the starting job.

That's, of course, unless they bring someone in who beats him out in TC, which is always a possibility.

randomtask
06-15-2010, 07:53 PM
So what's the deal? Is Colquitt's starting position locked up?

JCMElway
06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Wait, we won't cut Trapaso, excepting of course that we have competition for training camp.

No, we cut Trapaso so we won't have competition in training camp.

I see, Colquitt doesn't have to do anything except compete to go to training camp.

No, he has the job so doesn't compete in training camp.

I see, Colquit won't have to train at competing camp.

And on, and on, and on....

Broncos24
06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I hope they bring in Mitch Berger!!! :)

FireFly
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Well, if he already has it locked up, Colquitt must have the coaching staff on side!!

I wonder if they could bring someone in to compete during trainging camp?

FireFly
06-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Well said :strong:

baja
06-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I wonder why nobody has thought about the angle of new competition coming in, say at TC.

broncswin
06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
he reminds me of Eddie Mac

Steve Prefontaine
06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
um, why isn't anyone considering that they might be in another punter to compete in TC?

fking morans on this board.

Paladin
06-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Ummmm....who would they bring in for competition.? He has it locked......

broncosteven
06-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Ummmm....who would they bring in for competition.? He has it locked......

Sauerbrawn is itching to punt and knock cabbies heads together.

strafen
06-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I personally saw Colquitt at training camp last year. At least in that day I was there, he looked impressive.
I don't think we exercised enough patience with him last year.
I think he'll stick around this time...

montrose
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
I thought Colquitt outkicked Kern in preseason games last year, looked to have good control.

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
I personally saw Colquitt at training camp last year. At least in that day I was there, he looked impressive.

Apparently not impressive enough, though, to lock it down last year. Unlike this year, which he has clearly locked down......unless they bring someone in to compete with him during, say, training camp.

baja
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Apparently not impressive enough, though, to lock it down last year. Unlike this year, which he has clearly locked down......<b> unless they bring someone in to compete with him during, say, training camp.

That would surprise a lot of folks around here.

Kaylore
06-16-2010, 09:48 AM
I thought Colquitt outkicked Kern in preseason games last year, looked to have good control.

I was sitting right next to you. That day Colquitt was not as consistent as Kern.

dbfan4life
06-16-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't think we exercised enough patience with him last year.
I think he'll stick around this time...

Unless they bring in someone to compete. Just sayin'.

Tom G
06-16-2010, 10:28 AM
If I remember correctly, Kern was picked over Colquist in a very close TC competion last year. The Kern pick surprised some who had paid attention to the duel. Then Kern was apparently doing OK early in the season until one of his punts was returned for a TD. McD met him at the sideline and proceeded to chew him out big time but Kern would have none of it and yelled back.

Bad idea.

He was cut the next day. I think I saw the sideline exchange on youtube or maybe it was on TV. I don't remember where but the exchange was pretty heated.

broncosteven
06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I was sitting right next to you. That day Colquitt was not as consistent as Kern.

Didn't they take Kern because he was getting the kick off faster, not because he was accurate?

With all the talk about paying attention to all 3 phases of the game last year I hope they have found their man for this year...unless they are bringing in someone to challenge him in TC.

bowtown
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Didn't they take Kern because he was getting the kick off faster, not because he was accurate?

With all the talk about paying attention to all 3 phases of the game last year I hope they have found their man for this year...unless they are bringing in someone to challenge him in TC.

Link please? I've been lead to believe the job is already his.

tsiguy96
06-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Link please? I've been lead to believe the job is already his.

nope. well, for the time being. unless they bring someone into camp, which is still a possibility.

Los Broncos
06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Has the job been locked up yet?

broncosteven
06-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Has the job been locked up yet?

Not unless they bring someone into camp

That One Guy
06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Not unless they bring someone into camp

That's backwards. It is locked up

Unless they bring someone else into camp.

Los Broncos
06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Who else is coming to camp to lock it up? or is it locked up?

strafen
06-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Unless they bring in someone to compete. Just sayin'.If we bring one more punter in, we will have none. Really. That's just how it is, if you know what I mean...

I don't see why everybody is set on having to bring competition in for the guy.
If he wasn't the guy to start with, then why sign him, why bring competition?

They've seen enough to call him the starter...I think

Popps
06-16-2010, 04:06 PM
So, it's official?

broncosteven
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Wouldn't it be tit's if Tebow pulled a Danny White and learned how to punt?

Then we wouldn't have to worry about roster spots and this would give Colquitt some competition at TC, unless Colquitt has locked up the position.

Popps
06-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Wouldn't it be tit's if Tebow pulled a Danny White and learned how to punt?

Then we wouldn't have to worry about roster spots and this would give Colquitt some competition at TC, unless Colquitt has locked up the position.

I'm not going to reveal my sources, but I'm hearing we may still bring someone in. Or... we could. That's all I'm saying.