PDA

View Full Version : dumervil signed his tender (M)

tsiguy96
06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
per denver post...report coming

Dagmar
06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
For $3.168 million. Continues negotiation on long term deal.

http://www.rotary2050.org/docs/anno2009-2010/immagini/elvis-presley-foto.jpg

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

LonghornBronco
06-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Way to take one for the team Elvis.

tsiguy96
06-14-2010, 12:39 PM
per rotoworld:

Broncos re-signed restricted free agent OLB Elvis Dumervil to a one-year, $3.168 million contract.
According to the Denver Post's Lindsay Jones, the sides will continue to work on a long-term deal. Dumervil, 26, set or tied career highs in tackles (48), sacks (17), and forced fumbles (4) last season. Despite Denver's coordinator change from Mike Nolan to "Wink" Martindale, Dumervil's role should be unchanged as the team's right outside 'backer and premier pass rusher.

and per lindsay jones (DP):

PostBroncos

Dumervil's tender is for a $3.168 million salary in 2010. His agent and the Broncos continue to negotiate a new long-term contract.

bronclvr
06-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Way to take one for the team Elvis.

Like he had a choice-

NFLBRONCO
06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Now they can trade him

Requiem
06-14-2010, 12:45 PM
And all this time I really thought he was going to take the kick and the nuts and play at a reduced rate this season. Aw, man.

Beantown Bronco
06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Now they can trade him

Thank heavens. I've been getting sick of hearing him b*tching to the media every day about having to feed his family and how McD is ruining the franchise.

tsiguy96
06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Now they can trade him

^5

not like there was ever a question of if hes going to sign it.

its worth mentioning, logan mankins of the patriots said today hes not signing his tender, and basically isnt going to play til he gets a new deal. elvis is a true professional about this stuff.

Cito Pelon
06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Of course Elvis signed his tender, happily.

He knows it's only a matter of a few weeks and some small details before he gets the long term deal he wants with Denver.

NYBronco
06-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Like he had a choice-

Yes... he did. He could hold out like the two Chargers are talking about doing.

Dagmar
06-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Lindsay Jones has tweeted this about 6 times in the last 30 minutes...

Los Broncos
06-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I heard on the light rail that we are trading him? I assume it's true...

Cito Pelon
06-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I heard on the light rail that we are trading him? I assume it's true...

The drama queens have hopefully gone onto some other dramatic quest. Maybe they have Royal and Graham traded for Bret Favre or some such nonsense.

BigPlayShay
06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Could have been much uglier. Props to Elvis. Sign him McXanders:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5285949

Patriots' Mankins: 'I want to be traded'

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins said Monday that he does not plan to sign his restricted free agent tender and wants to be traded.

"At this point, I'm pretty frustrated, from everything that's happened and the way negotiations have gone," Mankins said in a phone interview. "I want to be traded. I don't need to be here any more."

Mankins has until 11:59 p.m. ET to sign his $3.26 million tender. Asked his plans in regard to signing the tender, Mankins said: "There is no way that I'm signing that thing."

Thus, as the Patriots start their mandatory minicamp Tuesday, Mankins is not planning to attend. With Mankins not planning on signing the tender, the Patriots can now fire back by slicing his salary to $1.54 million. The Patriots sent Mankins a letter indicating their right to make that cut, and now could take this action based on Mankins' hard line.

Mankins, who enters his sixth NFL season, would have been an unrestricted free agent in a season with a salary cap. But with the league's rules changing to a non-salary cap system this offseason, Mankins reverted to restricted free agent status.

Mankins said his frustration is beyond the change of a salary-cap system. He feels as if the Patriots aren't being true to their word.

"After the 2008 season, me and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the [uncertain collective bargaining agreement]," Mankins said. "I was asked to play '09 out, and that they would address the contract after the uncapped year. I'm a team player, I took them at their word, and I felt I played out an undervalued contract.

"That's the big thing," he continued. "Right now, this is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the Patriots was built on. Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught a man's word is his bond. Obviously this isn't the case with the Patriots."

Mankins would not provide details of negotiations, or what he is seeking financially in a contract. His agent, Frank Bauer, also declined to discuss details, although revealed that the main reason a deal hasn't been reached is that the Patriots' final offer is "20 percent lower than Jahri Evans' deal with the Saints."

Evans, a Pro Bowl guard, signed a seven-year, $56.7 million contract with the Saints in May.

bronclvr
06-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes... he did. He could hold out like the two Chargers are talking about doing.

My understanding is that indeed, he could, however then he would be entitled to a 10% increase (which equals somewhere in the $1.3 Million range (?)-so, yes, the Charger Players could certainly do that, but would you take a $2 M hit? I think that in a uncapped Year elvis played the smart move-

Los Broncos
06-14-2010, 01:47 PM
The drama queens have hopefully gone onto some other dramatic quest. Maybe they have Royal and Graham traded for Bret Favre or some such nonsense.

I was just messing around.

azbroncfan
06-14-2010, 01:51 PM
3 mil to play a freaking game is plenty of money.

cutthemdown
06-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah he is really sacrificing. Only getting 3 million for 1 yr is such a bummer.

really he should be happy because he was a project. Not a lot of NFL teams ever thought he would be worth even a million a yr. He slipped in the draft because no one wanted him. So really he has nothing to be bummed about. He should be stoked!!!

Sure at some point he can jockey for more money and I wont feel sorry for Bowlen either when he has to pay it.

Hamrob
06-14-2010, 01:55 PM
If he doesn't sign the tender to earn $3.26m and the Pats reduce it to the $1.54m...he might as well sit out the season. Why?

He would be a fee-agent next year and would command a $50m + contract...more than making up for the year without compensation. Why risk injury.

The Pats would then have to plug a huge hole on their offensive line. Sure they would have played hard ball...but at a huge price to the team.

bowtown
06-14-2010, 02:09 PM
<style>.wysiwyg { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 5px 10px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:visited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_avisited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:hover { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg A:active { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg_ahover { COLOR: #ff4400 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } </style>The fact that Elvis signed his tender indicates that he and his agent believe a new contract is imenent. I expect it to be in place by early in training camp, probably before.

orangenblue2
06-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Could have been much uglier. Props to Elvis. Sign him McXanders:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5285949

Patriots' Mankins: 'I want to be traded'

Mankins also added "If they think they can find someone who can out nut-punch me, they've got another thing coming"...

Kaylore
06-14-2010, 02:30 PM
My understanding is that indeed, he could, however then he would be entitled to a 10% increase (which equals somewhere in the $1.3 Million range (?)-so, yes, the Charger Players could certainly do that, but would you take a $2 M hit? I think that in a uncapped Year elvis played the smart move-

The only reason Dumervil signed his was because they are very close to announcing his new extension so this was a formality at this point. The rest of these guys aren't getting extensions and so are pissed.

Kaylore
06-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Mankins also added "If they think they can find someone who can out nut-punch me, they've got another thing coming"...

rep

gyldenlove
06-14-2010, 02:48 PM
The only reason Dumervil signed his was because they are very close to announcing his new extension so this was a formality at this point. The rest of these guys aren't getting extensions and so are pissed.

Dumervil signed his tender because he plays for love of the game, not for the money. Dumervil will get his contract because he is not acting like a ****head.

Kaylore
06-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Dumervil signed his tender because he is promised a large raise and wants to get paid just like every other player, and if he wasn't getting paid a lot of money to do what he does, he likely would do something else for a living, love of the game be damned. Dumervil will get his contract because he is not acting like a ****head.

Fixed your post.

OBF1
06-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Dumervil signed his tender because he plays for love of the game, not for the money. Dumervil will get his contract because he is not acting like a ****head.

For the first time in my life I am speechless......

You have got to be kidding me or you have passed bobtheidiot for villiage idiot naming rights.

If this was not about $$$ Doom would have signed the tender the day it was issued. I am still amazed at how damn stupid your post is.

crush17
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM
For the first time in my life I am speechless......

You have got to be kidding me or you have passed bobtheidiot for villiage idiot naming rights.

If this was not about $$$ Doom would have signed the tender the day it was issued. I am still amazed at how damn stupid your post is.

lol calm down, everybody just callllllm down.

;)

NFLBRONCO
06-14-2010, 03:19 PM
^5

not like there was ever a question of if hes going to sign it.

its worth mentioning, logan mankins of the patriots said today hes not signing his tender, and basically isnt going to play til he gets a new deal. elvis is a true professional about this stuff.

Someone had to mention trade lol

Kaylore
06-14-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.exchange3d.com//images/uploads/aff186/Lane_Merge.jpg

Houshyamama
06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
http://www.exchange3d.com//images/uploads/aff186/Lane_Merge.jpg

http://www.techknock.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/best-merge.jpg

Cito Pelon
06-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I was just messing around.

Yeah, I figured that out, duh.

Br0nc0Buster
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
In regards to the other players who have no signed, what are the repercussions for not signing the tender by tomorrow?

I know they cant hold out the entire season or they would lose a year of eligibility for FA, but I am not sure if they can just hold out for like the first 10 weeks and come back for the final six and have that count as a season

I read about some sort of August 1st deadline for RFAs, but I dont remember what that said

Dagmar
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
My title had capital letters and a full stop.

Come on!

http://i29.tinypic.com/20idw0p.jpg

tsiguy96
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM

Come on!

:spit:

i just got back and saw this merged, i knew you were gonna say something

LOL

Cito Pelon
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Come on!

You got ripped. You've been there before. :D You win some, you lose some.

Killericon
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Come on!

There's nothing quite like a perfectly used gif.

Vegas_Bronco
06-14-2010, 07:10 PM
http://failads.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/toysrus-hooters.jpg

......some mergers work out suprisingly well.

strafen
06-14-2010, 10:40 PM
The only reason Dumervil signed his was because they are very close to announcing his new extension so this was a formality at this point. The rest of these guys aren't getting extensions and so are pissed.I really hope so.
He deserves to get paid along the lines of th best pass-rushers in the league.
We're fortunate to have him. He's been performing steadily since he came into the league.
He's a proven pass-rusher. Now, it'll be nice to have another one to emerge this season as a complimentary player that could create chaos at the line of attack...
A solid nose tackle would do wonders...

cutthemdown
06-14-2010, 10:42 PM
DOOOOOM!!!! someone we can really be a fan of. 1 more down, 30 or so more to go.

Punisher
06-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Now they can trade him

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHOTOFILE/AABD012~Michael-Jordan-Bulls-Win-2nd-Championship-Limited-Edition-Posters.jpg

misturanderson
06-15-2010, 06:18 AM
"After the 2008 season, me and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the [uncertain collective bargaining agreement]," Mankins said. "I was asked to play '09 out, and that they would address the contract after the uncapped year. I'm a team player, I took them at their word, and I felt I played out an undervalued contract.

So, how are they failing to keep their word again? 2010 is the uncapped year, not 2009. Maybe he should have read about what was going on in the NFL before opening his trap.

Dagmar
06-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Mike Klis of the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15297749) reports only a committed future separates the Broncos from Elvis Dumervil. As reported Monday, Dumervil, Denver's all-pro pass-rushing linebacker, signed his first- and third-round restricted free-agent tender Monday, ensuring that he will play for no less than $3.168 million this season.
Had he not signed his tender in protest of not getting a multiyear contract from the Broncos, Dumervil's salary could have been reduced to about $630,000.
After leading the NFL with 17 sacks last year, and recording 43 sacks in four years while making a combined $2.015 million, Dumervil is hoping to be among the league's five highest-paid pass rushers. That would mean a multiyear contractworth at least $65 million, with the guaranteed portion about $40 million.
At this point Dumervil's asking price is a bit steep for the Broncos, although general manager Brian Xanders continues to negotiate with Gary Wichard, the linebacker's agent.
If the Broncos can't reach an agreement with Dumervil by their season opener Sept. 12 at Jacksonville, there's a good chance he will play out this year, then move on to another team through unrestricted free agency.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=7439

Beantown Bronco
06-15-2010, 09:47 AM
It's a proven fact that players perform better in contract years. Keep him hungry. Make him play under the $3 mil figure this year and then see what happens at the end of the year. Either there will be no football at all or there will be football with a new CBA. It may not include the same exact form of franchise and transition tags they have now, but I have a hard time believing there will be no equivalent at all.

HorseHead
06-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Happy for Doom...very cool..

regarding Mankins, being here in New England, we have to watch the 'Pats. The guy is a beast..looks like an extra from "Ice Road Truckers"...

v2micca
07-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I didn't want to start up a new thread on this topic but wanted to pose the question to those who have more knowledge of the situation than me, has there been any further developments in Elvis's contract negotiations? Seems like its been pretty quite on that front for a little while now. I'd appreciate any information anyone has.