PDA

View Full Version : OMane question; what did we get in return for Cutler and Marshall and Tony S.

baja
06-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Can someone lay out what we got for each of these three players please.

Br0nc0Buster
06-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Robert Ayers
Kyle Orton
Half of Richard Quinn
Demaryious Thomas
Two thirds of Tim Tebow
Eric Decker
Half of Seth Olsen
Perish Cox
2011 2nd rounder

I think that is what it all came out to
I went back and looked and I think that is what it all came out to after trades

Dagmar
06-13-2010, 03:15 PM
No poll?

baja
06-13-2010, 03:20 PM
No poll?

Do you think we got good value for Cutler?

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

4. Let's wait until 2020 and I will make my guess then.

-----------------------

Do you think we got good value for Marshall?

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

-----------------------

Do you think we got good value for Tony S.?

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

RunSilentRunDeep
06-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Robert Ayers
Kyle Orton
Half of Richard Quinn
Demaryious Thomas
Two thirds of Tim Tebow
2011 2nd rounder
2010 7th rounder (dont remember what we did with that)

Half of Seth Olsen, Eric Decker and Perrish Cox. They also saved money on the douches needed to clean the vagina triplets.

fontaine
06-13-2010, 04:09 PM
So far, a bunch of magic beans.

TDmvp
06-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Robert Ayers
Kyle Orton
Half of Richard Quinn
Demaryious Thomas
Two thirds of Tim Tebow
Eric Decker
2011 2nd rounder

Jeez if that's really it we so got ripped off .

NYBronco
06-13-2010, 04:18 PM
For Cutler we received fewer red zone interceptions and less childish emotion.
For Marshall less everyday drama and the Broncos didn't have to give up a ton of money.
For Scheffler an over rated TE that catches the ball on occasion.

The Broncos did very well.

Dedhed
06-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Robert Ayers
Kyle Orton
Half of Richard Quinn
Demaryious Thomas
Two thirds of Tim Tebow
Eric Decker
2011 2nd rounder

And 3 fewer whining headaches.

baja
06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster
Robert Ayers
Kyle Orton
Half of Richard Quinn
Demaryious Thomas
Two thirds of Tim Tebow
2011 2nd rounder

Half of Seth Olsen, Eric Decker and Perrish Cox. They also saved money on the douches needed to clean the vagina triplets.

<b>Robert Ayers
Kyle Orton
Half of Richard Quinn
Demaryious Thomas
Two thirds of Tim Tebow
2011 2nd rounder
2010 7th rounder
Half of Seth Olsen
Eric Decker Perrish Cox. </b>

So this is the complete list?

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 05:35 PM

another lame thread by baja?

baja
06-13-2010, 05:38 PM

You know what is good about the V2 format you can see who started the thread before you open it and guess what?

You don't have to open it, now isn't that clever.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
You know what is good about the V2 format you can see who started the thread before you open it and guess what?

You don't have to open it, now isn't that clever.

so what? I can't chime in on your lameness?

baja
06-13-2010, 05:48 PM

Actually the thread asks a good question which I doubt you know the answer too.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Actually the thread asks a good question which I doubt you know the answer too.

Here's the irony, you already know the answer so the question is, why ask? :rofl:

hambone13
06-13-2010, 05:51 PM

Bitter

Jackass

Homer

Good thread.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Bitter

Jackass

Homer

lame

cutthemdown
06-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Too early to tell but we have a chance, a good chance, to get value. I'd say right now 60-40 in Broncos favor. I feel that way mostly because we have more players to try and make it work with. Seriously though is anyone really that worried about it. IMO Cutler had not shown anything that made me feel he was a gamer, special, a player you had to have. Sure he's got some game and is physical gunslinger, but also sort of a jerk. He had not won nearly enough to act like he did when Mcdaniels came in. I don't care if they do try and trade you, acting like a baby is never a turn on.

hambone13
06-13-2010, 05:55 PM
lame

Lame is not addressing the topic. It's a valid point of discussion as the predominating football conversation around here is limited as of late.

baja
06-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Here's the irony, you already know the answer so the question is, why ask? :rofl:

Actually I don't and I bet there a lot of others that don't know the complete answer either. You are likely among them.

hambone13
06-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Too early to tell but we have a chance, a good chance, to get value. I'd say right now 60-40 in Broncos favor. I feel that way mostly because we have more players to try and make it work with. Seriously though is anyone really that worried about it. IMO Cutler had not shown anything that made me feel he was a gamer, special, a player you had to have. Sure he's got some game and is physical gunslinger, but also sort of a jerk. He had not won nearly enough to act like he did when Mcdaniels came in. I don't care if they do try and trade you, acting like a baby is never a turn on.

I agree in general but it would have been nice to try and coach the child before alienating him amidst his immaturity. In my experience when you can turn the corner w/ an immature talent through conversation and professionalism, loyalty there lies.

baja
06-13-2010, 05:59 PM
For example I thought A. Smith was connected somehow even though it was our pick that was traded but I remember a case being made that he somehow could be counted among the bounty, at least in part. But them why am I bothering to explain myself to a guy that only likes to complain and fails to offer anything constructive to the discussion.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Actually I don't and I bet there a lot of others that don't know the complete answer either. You are likely among them.

for a guy with 35k+ posts here it's strange you don't know the answer. Really, if you don't know now you probably still won't know after someone explains it to you again, for the umteenth time.

really, when someone creates a thread this inane, it's not so much about the topic as it is about the poster's implied message or errrr ego...

Florida_Bronco
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM

The ability to have a douchebag free team?

baja
06-13-2010, 06:05 PM
I agree in general but it would have been nice to try and coach the child before alienating him amidst his immaturity. In my experience when you can turn the corner w/ an immature talent through conversation and professionalism, loyalty there lies.

I bet Cutler will prove to be uncoachable and it was Bowlen that pulled the trigger on that trade.

baja
06-13-2010, 06:07 PM
for a guy with 35k+ posts here it's strange you don't know the answer. Really, if you don't know now you probably still won't know after someone explains it to you again, for the umteenth time.

really, when someone creates a thread this inane, it's not so much about the topic as it is about the poster's implied message or errrr ego...

Call um as you see um bucko. Maybe this is a good time for you to go play with yourself. Hopefully you can get that right.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Call um as you see um bucko. Maybe this is a good time for you to go play with yourself. Hopefully you can get that right.

if anyone knows how to get it right it would be you, the beach hippy sex therapist. hey, where's the coconut oil and cheap liquor?

baja
06-13-2010, 06:22 PM

Here is a sampling of some of you classic thread Bucko;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92108 - 1 reply

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91211 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85000 - 3 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85000 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78671 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78330 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77723 - 2 replies

Here is a link to the rest of your fail;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=420577

Keep up the good work Bucko, you're a major contributor around here.

BTW this lame thread of mine has 27 replies which is 21 more that the total of 7 of your classic threads.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Here is a sampling of some of you classic thread Bucko;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92108 - 1 reply

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91211 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85000 - 3 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85000 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78671 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78330 - 0 replies

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77723 - 2 replies

Here is a link to the rest of your fail;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=420577

Keep up the good work Bucko, you're a major contributor around here.

BTW this lame thread of mine has 27 replies which is 21 more that the total of 7 of your classic threads.

oh the memories... thanks for digging around and finding those threads, although you did post one twice. Yah, I admit, I'm not as skilled as you at clogging up the omane with previously covered topics.

s0phr0syne
06-13-2010, 06:43 PM
meh, I consider myself a pretty regular frequenter of the OM and reasonably knowledgeable fan, but I couldn't tell you what exactly the Broncos have in return for those 3 players.

That's what the thread literally asked, most responses in here have been some kind of interpretation of what "baja really meant". I do appreciate the responses that tried to list the exact returns that the Broncos got for those 3 players.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 06:52 PM
meh, I consider myself a pretty regular frequenter of the OM and reasonably knowledgeable fan, but I couldn't tell you what exactly the Broncos have in return for those 3 players.

That's what the thread literally asked, most responses in here have been some kind of interpretation of what "baja really meant". I do appreciate the responses that tried to list the exact returns that the Broncos got for those 3 players.

First, it's too early to judge the ramifications of the Marshall/Scheffler trades. Secondly, to be fair it's too early to gage the long term ramifications of the Cutler trade. So, even though most regular posters on the Mane know what the Broncos got in trade for those three players (including one baja), it's a bit early to judge the long term effect on the franchise because we are in year 2 of the transition from Shanny to McD.

s0phr0syne
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
He didn't ask anyone to judge what we got in return. That's my whole point in my first post; all he asked for was what did the Broncos get in return for those 3 players.

And considering all the trades the team's made in the past 2 offseasons, it's a very reasonable question and one that you and other posters (including me) didn't know the exact answer to. Look at the list, it's pretty convoluted.

You're not the only poster interjecting subjective judgement into a post the originally only asked for some objective facts; but you are the only one who continues to argue in a thread that no one asked you to open and derail.

CEH
06-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Here's what I got. Similar to others

Cutler == Robert Ayers/Demaryius Thomas/Eric Decker + part of Dick Quinn
Marshall + Dennis Pita == Tebow and '11 2nd round pick
Sheffler + jamar Chaney = Perrish Cox
Jonny Knox = Orton

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
He didn't ask anyone to judge what we got in return. That's my whole point in my first post; all he asked for was what did the Broncos get in return for those 3 players.

And considering all the trades the team's made in the past 2 offseasons, it's a very reasonable question and one that you and other posters (including me) didn't know the exact answer to. Look at the list, it's pretty convoluted.

You're not the only poster interjecting subjective judgement into a post the originally only asked for some objective facts; but you are the only one who continues to argue in a thread that no one asked you to open and derail.

Ok fine. I'm all for someone explaining what the Broncos got in trade for Cutler because I guess we haven't discussed that enough. As for the other two the Broncos got 2 seconds for Marshall and a fifth round pick for Scheffler. I think that is exactly what the Broncos got in trade. Now, according to you that's all this thread is about, right? So...

/end thread.

Paladin
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
To answer the OP: Relief........

azbroncfan
06-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Bottle of Vodka and a jar of peanut butter and a bunch of l;ajsfdplasdkjfasp;hrjwpefnas;ldfnpbvhsdpoihfafhda dpfhads;lnf type answers.

broncosteven
06-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Baja is lonely, it is a sunday night after all, and he is throwing a hornets nest into a crowded room to watch what happens.

None of Baja's questions are going to be settled in this thread, and it may take a couple years on the field to sort it all out.

broncosteven
06-13-2010, 07:46 PM

Read post 4.

As far as I am concerned Baja got Tombstone to bite and got what he wanted from the thread.

If it were closer to bed time I would pop an Ambien then this thread would really catch fire!

baja
06-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Baja is lonely, it is a sunday night after all, and he is throwing a hornets nest into a crowded room to watch what happens.

None of Baja's questions are going to be settled in this thread, and it may take a couple years on the field to sort it all out.

Here is another juvenile that apparently can't comprehend what he reads.

Here is the opening post read it slowly and tell me what part will take several years to settle.

OMane question; what did we get in return for Cutler and Marshall and Tony S.

broncosteven
06-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Here is another juvenile that apparently can't comprehend what he reads.

Here is the opening post read it slowly and tell me what part will take several years to settle.

OMane question; what did we get in return for Cutler and Marshall and Tony S.

I wish I were in my teens again, I am starting to get grey hair.

Maybe you blacked out sucking on whatever cheap booze you have in your brown paper sack and forgot you posted this:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2862825&postcount=4

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

-----------------------

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

-----------------------

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

baja
06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Read post 4.

As far as I am concerned Baja got Tombstone to bite and got what he wanted from the thread.

If it were closer to bed time I would pop an Ambien then this thread would really catch fire!

Know what, I bet you can't answer the question correctly. And if you can good because I still don't. For example the second round pick traded for Tebow was that ours or the one we got for marshall.

You know I could care less if you sad sacks like me or not if you don't like me or my threads don't open them seems pretty simple.

As you can clearly see some other less vitriol fans aren't clear what we got either so do us a favor and let those of us that are interested in Broncos info enjoy this thread.

Maybe Gene can come out and play with you or something.

baja
06-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Maybe you blacked out sucking on whatever cheap booze you have in your brown paper sack and forgot you posted this:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2862825&postcount=4

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

-----------------------

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

-----------------------

1.Yes

2. No

3. Too early to tell

Read the post above the one you quoted and you will see someone asked 'What no poll?'

What you quoted was my good natured response.

Know what you pin head groupies have turned this once great board into a grade school pile on so you can slap each other on the back and tell each other how very cool you are. All of you together are not worth one Mock or TSIguy or Tony, hell Bob is a better football poster than any of you juveniles. You know who you are.

You don't even know the moon landing was a hoax

strafen
06-13-2010, 08:13 PM
oh the memories... thanks for digging around and finding those threads, although you did post one twice. Yah, I admit, I'm not as skilled as you at clogging up the omane with previously covered topics.

You've got owned! Ha!

baja
06-13-2010, 08:16 PM
You've got owned! Ha!

Sadly he is too stupid to know it.

broncosteven
06-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Read the post above the one you quoted and you will see someone asked 'What no poll?'

What you quoted was my good natured response.

Know what you pin head groupies have turned this once great board into, a grade school pile on so you can slap each other on the back and tell each other how very cool you are. All of you together are not worth on Mock or TSIguy or Tony, hell Bob is a better football poster than any of you juveniles. You know who you are.

You don't even know the moon landing was a hoax

Good night Baja. Hope someone else steps up to entertain you tonight.

Killericon
06-13-2010, 08:26 PM
http://ui01.gamespot.com/96/worstphotoshopever1_2.jpg

This is pathetic, guys.

baja
06-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Good night Baja. Hope someone else steps up to entertain you tonight.

Good night I know it must be way past your bed time. I hope you got someone to read you a story and tuck you in.

jebures
06-13-2010, 08:32 PM
my dad could beat up your dad

GreatBronco16
06-13-2010, 08:34 PM
my dad could beat up your dad

Nu-uh....my dad knows kung foo.

Dagmar
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
You've got owned! Ha!

YEah it's not like spamming the board repeatedly because you get owned.

No, wait, that's you dragster.

Dagmar
06-13-2010, 11:13 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2zf6e80.png

strafen
06-13-2010, 11:38 PM

**** off and get AIDS you trolling piece of ****.
Nothing, absolutely NOTHING you post is for our enjoyment. You are a cancer, you are the face aids of the orangemane.

:spit: Really.

THese people who revel in bad things happen to the Broncos... I hope you get AIDS.

How do you think your Bears are going to do this year? And also, you are an absolute **** and I hope you die.

True! LOL
Seriously get AIDS.

No, I had sex with your mom before she got it.

Dagmar
06-13-2010, 11:39 PM
I don't recall claiming to be an angel your worthless troll.

hookemhess
06-14-2010, 12:05 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9lIvnAr01Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9lIvnAr01Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lev Vyvanse
06-14-2010, 12:09 AM
I'll settle this. You both suck.

Ratboy
06-14-2010, 01:41 AM
So far we are not looking too good. We still have a chance to come out on top if this years draft does better.

BroncoBuff
06-14-2010, 02:57 AM
-----------------------

-----------------------

I don't care what Killer-Comic-Book-Store-Guy says, those are three great polls. It's the offseason, no harm done. I say post these three as separate threads with polls again now. But make sure please you list the compenstation for each separately.

Then I think we should periodically post each three again, every month or two. Hopefully that'll keep the Cutler-McD stuff in those three threads, avoid a repeat of ... "The OrangeMane Schism of 2009"

Killericon
06-14-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't care what Killer-Comic-Book-Store-Guy says, those are three great polls. It's the offseason, no harm done. I say post these three as separate threads with polls again now. But make sure please you list the compenstation for each separately.

Then I think we should periodically post each three again, every month or two. Hopefully that'll keep the Cutler-McD stuff in those three threads, avoid a repeat of ... "The OrangeMane Schism of 2009"

Hey, the OP was good. I was referring to the stuff that followed.

BroncoBuff
06-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Hey, the OP was good. I was referring to the stuff that followed.

Oh, you kids and your hip slang!

I still don't know what pwned means ???

Killericon
06-14-2010, 03:14 AM

I still don't know what pwned means ???

Noone does. I think it's a play on pawned, maybe? I don't know.

strafen
06-14-2010, 06:29 AM

I still don't know what pwned means ???It just means owned. I became "pwned" as a result of some people "fat finger" the "o" and the "p"
So, if people were typing fast, they could easily type "pwned" instead of "owned". This has been going on for at least 10 years.
There you have it...

BroncoBuff
06-14-2010, 06:38 AM
It just means owned. I became "pwned" as a result of some people "fat finger" the "o" and the "p"
So, if people were typing fast, they could easily type "pwned" instead of "owned". This has been going on for at least 10 years.
There you have it...

You young people are not very creative with your slang then ... :oyvey:

Irish Stout
06-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I actually wouldn't mind having a road map of all the moves and what we got for them.

baja
06-14-2010, 09:43 AM
I actually wouldn't mind having a road map of all the moves and what we got for them.

That's all I ever wanted but looks like it won't happen here.

At least it hasn't in three pages.

jhns
06-14-2010, 10:09 AM
That's all I ever wanted but looks like it won't happen here.

At least it hasn't in three pages.

I will tell you what we got. It was somewhere between not close to what they are worth and a lot worse at a couple positions.

Anyways, we got two firsts, a third, and Orton for Cutler and a 5th. We got 2 seconds for Marshall. I'm not sure how you break them down beyond that when you have a Madden generation coach that can't stop trading everything available to trade. What exactly is half of a player(like people are saying for Richard Quinn and Tebow)?

baja
06-14-2010, 10:15 AM
I will tell you what we got. It was somewhere between not close to what they are worth and a lot worse at a couple positions.

Anyways, we got two firsts, a third, and Orton for Cutler and a 5th. We got 2 seconds for Marshall. I'm not sure how you break them down beyond that when you have a Madden generation coach that can't stop trading everything available to trade. What exactly is half of a player(like people are saying for Richard Quinn and Tebow)?

I think every poster on the board knows what picks we got what I am looking for after all the trading around is a list of the players (and part of players) we ended up with for those picks. Gosh I really thought this was a pretty simple question for some of the guys that are up on this like Eddie Mac or Drek

Lomax
06-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I think it's interesting. The 2010 draft day trades confused the crap out of me, and I still can't sort it out. And it's not really easy information to find. Can someone list the actual trades that took place?

CEH
06-14-2010, 10:33 AM
I think every poster on the board knows what picks we got what I am looking for after all the trading around is a list of the players (and part of players) we ended up with for those picks. Gosh I really thought this was a pretty simple question for some of the guys that are up on this like Eddie Mac or Drek

The only out standing draft pick is the '11 2nd for Marshall otherwise I outlined all the players that were traded or drafted in '09 and '10 from and to the Broncos

Denver traded down a couple times in April and ended up either trading some of those picks to move back up for Tebow or DT so they become a no-op.

baja
06-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I think it's interesting. The 2010 draft day trades confused the crap out of me, and I still can't sort it out. And it's not really easy information to find. Can someone list the actual trades that took place?

I guess you haven't read the whole thread according to some here you should know this like you know john Elway's number.

We are almost to page four and still without a complete breakdown.

What a sucky thread maybe tombstone can stoop to this lower fan level and enlighten us wanta be fans.

baja
06-14-2010, 10:46 AM
The only out standing draft pick is the '11 2nd for Marshall otherwise I outlined all the players that were traded or drafted in '09 and '10 from and to the Broncos

Denver traded down a couple times in April and ended up either trading some of those picks to move back up for Tebow or DT so they become a no-op.

I appreciate your effort but I wasn't sure it was complete.

Here is your post I assume the names I don't recognize are the players took by other teams with the picks we traded away. Anyway it is hard for me to understand this setup.

CEH - Here's what I got. Similar to others

Cutler == Robert Ayers/Demaryius Thomas/Eric Decker + part of Dick Quinn
Marshall + Dennis Pita == Tebow and '11 2nd round pick
Sheffler + jamar Chaney = Perrish Cox
Jonny Knox = Orton
Last edited by CEH; 06-13-2010 at 06:26 PM..

For example Knox for Orton is not completely accurate for Cutler we got what you listed plus Orton and gave up a 5th + Cutler.

Irish Stout
06-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I actually like CEH's breakdown, but some people claim we got 2/3 of Olsen for something as well... I do not understand that.

Irish Stout
06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I found this searching the webs - back in May from Klis:

The trade, as it initially was constructed, sent Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round pick (Knox) to the Bears in exchange for Orton, a 2009 first-round pick (Ayers), a 2009 third- round pick (hold on) and a 2010 first-round pick (hold on some more).
Last season, the Broncos packaged their own third- round pick with the third- rounder they got from the Bears to move into the second round to take Quinn.
This year, the Broncos took their No. 11 overall pick from the Bears, traded down to No. 13 while picking up a fourth- round pick (No. 113 overall) from San Francisco. The Broncos then moved down again to No. 24 overall in exchange for two of Philadelphia's third- round picks (Nos. 70 and 87 overall).
The Broncos moved up from No. 24 to No. 22 by sending the No. 113 overall pick they got from San Francisco to New England and took Thomas.
They kept their No. 87 pick and took Decker.
They packaged the No. 70 pick they received from Philly with two of their own picks to take Tebow.

http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_15000235

baja
06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Irish Moss - Quote:
The trade, as it initially was constructed, sent Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round pick (Knox) to the Bears in exchange for Orton, a 2009 first-round pick (Ayers), a 2009 third- round pick (hold on) and a 2010 first-round pick (hold on some more).
Last season, the Broncos packaged their own third- round pick with the third- rounder they got from the Bears to move into the second round to take Quinn.
This year, the Broncos took their No. 11 overall pick from the Bears, traded down to No. 13 while picking up a fourth- round pick (No. 113 overall) from San Francisco. The Broncos then moved down again to No. 24 overall in exchange for two of Philadelphia's third- round picks (Nos. 70 and 87 overall).
The Broncos moved up from No. 24 to No. 22 by sending the No. 113 overall pick they got from San Francisco to New England and took Thomas.
They kept their No. 87 pick and took Decker.
They packaged the No. 70 pick they received from Philly with two of their own picks to take Tebow.

We gave up a 2nd a 3rd and a 4th to move back into the first round to take Tebow was the second ours or the one we got from Miami for marshall?

Irish Stout
06-14-2010, 11:56 AM
We gave up a 2nd a 3rd and a 4th to move back into the first round to take Tebow was the second ours or the one we got from Miami for marshall?

Right, its still not clear. I really would love something that broke it down. Diagrams are preferred.

Cito Pelon
06-14-2010, 12:08 PM
The question requires a genius to figure it all out, and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I have other more important things right now. Hang in there, I've made a macro in my mind to cogitate upon it, but I'm running it in the background right now. Don't worry, I'll get back to you soon . . . .

baja
06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Right, its still not clear. I really would love something that broke it down. Diagrams are preferred.

Maybe one of those guys scoffing at the thread would grace us with their flow charts.

Dagmar
06-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Maybe one of those guys scoffing at the thread would grace us with their flow charts.

I think the 1st thing you have to do is separate the 3 players.

For scheff we got a fifth, which we used on Cox.

The rest is far too confusing...

SportinOne
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
with every Cutler thread that pops up i am more convinced that many of you really aren't sure what the heck you believe but are just hoping for the best. He was good for us, he was really good for us at times. He WAS a gamer. He played his ass off. He displayed poor body language at times, whatever. McDaniels gets paid to manage personalities, Cutler gets paid to play games. I will always be convinced that it could have ended better and that it was more managements fault than Cutler's that it didn't.

baja
06-14-2010, 03:31 PM
with every Cutler thread that pops up i am more convinced that many of you really aren't sure what the heck you believe but are just hoping for the best. He was good for us, he was really good for us at times. He WAS a gamer. He played his ass off. He displayed poor body language at times, whatever. McDaniels gets paid to manage personalities, Cutler gets paid to play games. I will always be convinced that it could have ended better and that it was more managements fault than Cutler's that it didn't.

Hey McChump this thread is not about Cutler, he's gone and I couldn't be happier. This thread is about what we got (in players not picks) for trading his sorry ass as well as Marshall and Tony S. That makes this thread about the Denver Broncos and the players we are playing with today and how we acquired them is that clear enough for ya.

Amazingly still no one has completely answered the question asked in the OP.

Hogan11
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I think the 1st thing you have to do is separate the 3 players.

For scheff we got a fifth, which we used on Cox.

The rest is far too confusing...

This

The only other thing known for sure is the team got a lot less in the drama dept.

baja
06-14-2010, 03:54 PM
This

The only other thing known for sure is the team got a lot less in the drama dept.

Actually we know who we got for Cutler too.

The unanswered question is who did we get for the 2010 2nd we got for Marshall and how does Seth Olson fit into the equation?

NYBronc
06-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey McChump this thread is not about Cutler, he's gone and I couldn't be happier. This thread is about what we got (in players not picks) for trading his sorry ass as well as Marshall and Tony S. That makes this thread about the Denver Broncos and the players we are playing with today and how we acquired them is that clear enough for ya.

<B>Cutler</B>

From <A HREF="http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_15000235">Klis:</A> Starting quarterback Kyle Orton, starting outside linebacker Robert Ayers, first-round receiver Demaryius Thomas, third-round receiver Eric Decker, one-half of tight end Richard Quinn (Bears' draft pick plus one more to get him) and one-third of quarterback Tim Tebow (draft pick plus two more).

<B>Marshall</B>

The rest of <A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft#cite_note-32">Tim Tebow</A>

2011 2nd Rd pick

<B>Scheffler</B>

<A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft#ESims">Perrish Cox

baja
06-14-2010, 04:01 PM
<B>Cutler</B>

From <A HREF="http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_15000235">Klis:</A> Starting quarterback Kyle Orton, starting outside linebacker Robert Ayers, first-round receiver Demaryius Thomas, third-round receiver Eric Decker, one-half of tight end Richard Quinn (Bears' draft pick plus one more to get him) and one-third of quarterback Tim Tebow (draft pick plus two more).

<B>Marshall</B>

The rest of <A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft#cite_note-32">Tim Tebow</A>

2011 2nd Rd pick

<B>Scheffler</B>

Perrish Cox

Thank You Sir

Why is Seth Olson consistently mentioned as part of the trade package.

CEH
06-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Thank You Sir

Why is Seth Olson consistently mentioned as part of the trade package.

Because Denver traded both it's 3rd round picks (one was from CHI) for a 2nd and a 4th #64 and #132. #64 turned into Dick Quinn and #132 was Seth Olsen

NYBronc
06-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Because of this.

^ #64: Pittsburgh → Denver (D). Pittsburgh traded its second- and fourth-round selections (64th and 132nd overall, used to select Richard Quinn and Seth Olsen, respectively) to Denver for two third-round selections (79th and 84th overall, used to select Kraig Urbik and Mike Wallace, respectively).

baja
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Because of this.

^ #64: Pittsburgh → Denver (D). Pittsburgh traded its second- and fourth-round selections (64th and 132nd overall, used to select Richard Quinn and Seth Olsen, respectively) to Denver for two third-round selections (79th and 84th overall, used to select Kraig Urbik and Mike Wallace, respectively).

So you could say the 3rd rd from Chicago brought us 1/2 of Quinn and 1/2 of Olsen.

baja
06-14-2010, 04:23 PM
<B>Cutler</B>

<B>Marshall</B>

2011 2nd Rd pick

<B>Scheffler</B>

<A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft#ESims">Perrish Cox

OK than if we add 1/2 of Seth Olsen to the Cutler trade to your above list we will have the complete list of players we got the the three malcontents plus Miami's 2nd next season. Correct?

Irish Stout
06-14-2010, 04:29 PM
OK than if we add 1/2 of Seth Olsen to the Cutler trade to your above list we will have the complete list of players we got the the three malcontents plus Miami's 2nd next season. Correct?

Can you draw us a road map now Baja?

baja
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
So in sumation we traded;

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

and got in return;

Kyle Orton, starting QB

Robert Ayers, starting outside linebacker

Demaryius Thomas, promising potential #1 receiver

Eric Decker, promising top 3 receiver

1/2 of Richard Quinn TE

1/2 of Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow

Perrish Cox

#2 pick from Miami in 2011

Is that correct?

NYBronc
06-14-2010, 04:35 PM

Well it's kind of convoluted. We traded back with SF. We traded back with Philly. We traded with NE. I'm sure there is something I'm missing.

NYBronc
06-14-2010, 05:11 PM
So in sumation we traded;

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

and got in return;

Kyle Orton, starting QB

1/2 of Richard Quinn TE

1/2 of Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow

Perrish Cox

Is that correct?

Just about. Also take into account we lost the 5th round pick last year which Chicago took Johnny Knox with and one of our 4th round picks this year we used for the trade with Baltimore to get Tebow. That was #114, Baltimore took TE Dennis Pitta.

Cito Pelon
06-14-2010, 05:20 PM

Well, well see what Cutler can do with his handpicked OC Mike Martz.

baja
06-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Just about. Also take into account we lost the 5th round pick last year which Chicago took Johnny Knox with and one of our 4th round picks this year we used for the trade with Baltimore to get Tebow. That was #114, Baltimore took TE Dennis Pitta.

Got it

The change around looks like this:

Gave up;

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

2009 5th rd pick (Johnny Knox)

2010 4th rd pick (Dennis Pita)

and got in return;

Kyle Orton, starting QB

1/2 of Richard Quinn TE

1/2 of Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow

Perrish Cox

Is that about it???

NYBronc
06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Got it

Gave up;

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

and got in return;

Kyle Orton, starting QB

1/2 of Richard Quinn TE

1/2 of Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow

Perrish Cox

Is that about it???

Don't forget if you're adding Quinn and Olsen, we also lost last year's #3 pick #79 which Pittsburgh used to pick G Kraig Urbik. Then you don't have to use this 1/2 player BS.

<B>Lost</B>
Cutler
Marshall
Scheffler
Knox
Pitta
Urbik

<B>Gained</B>
Orton
Ayers
Quinn
Olsen
Thomas
Tebow
Decker
Cox
Miami's 2011 #2

That should do it. :approve:

Killericon
06-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Don't forget if you're adding Quinn and Olsen, we also lost last year's #3 pick #79 which Pittsburgh used to pick G Kraig Urbik. Then you don't have to use this 1/2 player BS.

<B>Lost</B>
Cutler
Marshall
Scheffler
Knox
Pitta
Urbik

<B>Gained</B>
Orton
Ayers
Quinn
Olsen
Thomas
Tebow
Decker
Cox
Miami's 2011 #2

That should do it. :approve:

I dislike that people keep saying that we "lost" Knox. I doubt we'd've even taken him had we kept the pick.

Having said that, that looks about right.

NYBronc
06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I dislike that people keep saying that we "lost" Knox. I doubt we'd've even taken him had we kept the pick.

Having said that, that looks about right.

Good point. We took McKinley with the next pick.

I should say we lost 2009/79, 2009/141, and 2010/114

CEH
06-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Got it

Gave up;

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

and got in return;

Kyle Orton, starting QB

1/2 of Richard Quinn TE

1/2 of Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow

Perrish Cox

Is that about it???

Close we also sent DET a '10 7th round pick along with Sheffler who the Eagles turned into Jamar Chaney

Looking back the 2nd post in this thread was pretty damn close to the end result

baja
06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Close we also sent DET a '10 7th round pick along with Sheffler who the Eagles turned into Jamar Chaney

Looking back the 2nd post in this thread was pretty damn close to the end result

Thanks for getting close early in the thread but I could have gotten close before the thread I was looking for a precise accounting of the big three trade and it seems we now have it;

<b>Gave up;</b>

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

2010 7th rd pick (Jamar Chaney)

<b> Got in return;</b>

Kyle Orton, starting QB

1/2 of Richard Quinn TE

1/2 of Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow

Perrish Cox

baja
06-14-2010, 06:00 PM
So Tombstone you had this down from the get go Bucko?

Tombstone RJ
06-14-2010, 06:22 PM
So Tombstone you had this down from the get go Bucko?

:kiss:

you know I love you, right baja?

NYBronc
06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for getting close early in the thread but I could have gotten close before the thread I was looking for a precise accounting of the big three trade and it seems we now have it;

<b>Gave up;</b>

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

<b> Got in return;</b>

Kyle Orton, starting QB

1/2 of Richard Quinn TE

1/2 of Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow

Perrish Cox

Except if you count 1/2 of Olsen you need to include losing one of our 3rd round picks from last year. Either The 79th pick Pittsburgh used to take Urbik or the 84th pick to take Wallace. It would be easier to use both of the picks to calculate 100% of both Quinn and Olsen if that makes sense.

Put them here and you have:

<b>Gave up;</b>

Cutler

Marshall

Tony S.

2009 3rd rd pick (Kraig Urbik)

2009 3rd rd pick (Mike Wallace)

<b> Got in return;</b>

Kyle Orton, starting QB

Richard Quinn TE

Seth Olsen

Tim Tebow - 所选择的一

Perrish Cox

2nd round pick from Miami in 2011

WolfpackGuy
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Great returns on the trades, but not so great use of the value.

They did get half of Richard Quinn though...

SportinOne
06-14-2010, 07:49 PM

lol, McChump..

so i wasn't necessarily referencing you, more or less the people who tried to make this thread all about Cutler and how much better we are without him. But thanks for bringing your own insecurities on that matter to the surface. Short-man syndrome from a guy named baja? color me caught-off-guard...

Amazingly, no one has ever come up with something better than "McChump."

SportinOne
06-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Great returns on the trades, but not so great use of the value.

They did get half of Richard Quinn though...

Time will tell. So far you can't call any of the players failures, but to call any of these players promising is a far stretch. Basically NO ONE that we have acquired by trading these players has shown promise ON THE THE FIELD.

Not Smith.
Not Ayers.
Not Quinn.
Orton is Orton, a mediocre stop-gap.
The rookies are rookies, let's stop short of calling them promising until they play a game.

You want to talk promising? You can start with Johnny Knox and Mike Wallace.

Jetmeck
06-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Believe we got a ham sandwich and a bag of chips. Got a couple of project players and oh yeah we kept the EGO of our HOF coach all nice and shiny .