PDA

View Full Version : Perrish Cox impressing Mcd

i4jelway7
06-13-2010, 02:13 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2010/06/12/perrish-cox-making-a-good-early-impression/2721/

its going to be a good battle for the nickel and dime back spots

gyldenlove
06-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Cox could very well be groomed to take over for Champ when he is no longer a Bronco some day.

d bronx42
06-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I said from the very second he was drafted that he would end up the steal of the draft... Hopefully he keeps up the good work.

My prediction is he is our #1 CB within 3 years.

KipCorrington25
06-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Cox could very well be groomed to take over for Champ when he is no longer a Bronco some day.

What? McDaniels is running another Pro Bowler out of town? :wiggle:

tsiguy96
06-13-2010, 03:29 PM
baileys contract is up after this year right? wonder if he re-signs here.

cox took over for smith, who is the #5 CB right now, and that doesnt even count tony carter who i dont know if hes sitll here.

Beantown Bronco
06-13-2010, 03:49 PM

I swear someone's been saying this about every Bronco CB drafted over the last 3 yrs.

TheReverend
06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
This is a good sign. My favorite attribute of Cox is that he's taller than Gary Coleman.

Dedhed
06-13-2010, 04:39 PM
The talent is all there for this kid. He just needs to stay off the flava train.

BroncoMan4ever
06-13-2010, 07:24 PM

probably 2011

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Good to have Cox on the team, seems like everyone loves Cox lately.

Rabb
06-13-2010, 07:43 PM
This is a good sign. My favorite attribute of Cox is that he's taller than Gary Coleman.

and in my book, we need more above average-sized Cox

montrose
06-13-2010, 07:45 PM
baileys contract is up after this year right? wonder if he re-signs here.

McD said in his end-of-season presser last year that he wanted Champ here as long as he was coach.

cox took over for smith, who is the #5 CB right now, and that doesnt even count tony carter who i dont know if hes sitll here.

It seems as though they're mixing and matching Jones, Cox and Smith - we hear differing reports about each with any given camp report. I think it'll come down to the preseason games to see how things shakedown. If you remember in 2008, we kept hearing about how awesome Foxworth was looking in camp - then he looked so ****ty in the preseason we gave him away for a 7th.

broncosteven
06-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Good to have Cox on the team, seems like everyone loves Cox lately.

I hear they are "Inserting Cox" into the lineup!

strafen
06-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Cox could very well be groomed to take over for Champ when he is no longer a Bronco some day.I hope so.
It looks like we have a couple of prospects to cover for us in a year or two...

tsiguy96
06-13-2010, 08:16 PM
McD said in his end-of-season presser last year that he wanted Champ here as long as he was coach.

It seems as though they're mixing and matching Jones, Cox and Smith - we hear differing reports about each with any given camp report. I think it'll come down to the preseason games to see how things shakedown. If you remember in 2008, we kept hearing about how awesome Foxworth was looking in camp - then he looked so ****ty in the preseason we gave him away for a 7th.

im just going based on the twitter reports of who is where. they are def still in competition no question, it just sucks that smith cant lock it down.

baja
06-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Oh another "Cox" joke how clever of you. I can't stop laughing. Not!

baja
06-13-2010, 08:24 PM

Ya know we always hear "Steal of the draft" but if Cox works out I think he has to be considered the SOD.

cmhargrove
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Cox was also a really good kick returner in college - pretty dynamic playmaker.

In other words, you should see Cox when he has the ball in his hands...

RMT
06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
too bad he isn't a wide receiver ...

"Cox going deep!"

or running back ...

"Cox really knows how to hit the hole"

Rabb
06-13-2010, 09:16 PM
too bad he isn't a wide receiver ...

"Cox going deep!"

or running back ...

"Cox really knows how to hit the hole"

there are some good defensive ones

"Boy Cox really stuffed the hole there!"

or

"I don't see *insert WR name* catching many balls with Cox all over him like that"

FireFly
06-13-2010, 11:53 PM
What? McDaniels is running another Pro Bowler out of town? :wiggle:

You say this regarding Bailey, but depending on if there's a hold out.

Depending on new salary cap issues.

Depending on how our other CBs pan out this year.

This could be Champ's last year as a Bronco.

Sure, scoff at me now if you will. But with his years getting up there and his contract $$ following his age, it's not completely impossible.

FireFly
06-13-2010, 11:55 PM

I'm sure he does.

But I can think of plenty of examples where a team would like to keep a player, but the player can get better pay than the team is willing to offer and they're gone. Especially when it is going to be his last pay day.

ZONA
06-14-2010, 12:11 AM
For the day that we play against the Saints.

"Whoa what a play fans, Cox coming inside hard and really punished Bush on that one".

Los Broncos
06-14-2010, 12:15 AM

or

"I don't see *insert WR name* catching many balls with Cox all over him like that"

"Cox hits the hole with authority"

TheReverend
06-14-2010, 01:52 AM

or

Cox is a great gap filler

Cox is a real ballhawk

Cox is a finisher

Really... there's not much that isn't funny when you add Cox into it.

Cox on Cotchery (I'll record any and every Broncos Jets game until I get this)

And vs Pitt, if he kicks out on a toss play, there's a serious danger of Cox getting buried in Willie Colon

One thing's for sure... if Cox becomes a starter, I'll become a huge advocate of getting more playing time in Minnesota to Booty...

Also, I'd like to propose that every tackle made by Cox now be coined "The Money Shot"

The Joker
06-14-2010, 04:50 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens if Cox and Smith step it up and look like capable starters in the next couple of years.

I still think Champ finished his career as a FS, maybe as soon as 2012 if we can get the young guys to step up at corner.