PDA

View Full Version : I got a signed 1998 Broncos SuperBowl Helmet

Fusionfrontman
06-12-2010, 05:00 PM
A guy my girlfriend works with got it as a gift a few years ago and wanted to get rid of it since he's not a sports fan at all. And he doesn't know how to use Ebay/paypal. Came with COA and case for 300 bucks. It has 35 players signed on it and it's freaking sweet. Steal of a lifetime! I'll post pictures later this weekend, I'm so happy I wanted to share.

Only players it doesn't have seem to be Romo, Sharpe and Dennis Smith.

Anyone know what the value of something like this would go for?

Dukes
06-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Dennis Smith wasn't on the team in '98. Good use of $300 though.

Fusionfrontman
06-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh really? Nevermind... Good for me then lol For some reason I thought he was.

Mr. Elway
06-12-2010, 06:05 PM

About $300? :yayaya:

DomCasual
06-12-2010, 06:35 PM
A guy my girlfriend works with got it as a gift a few years ago and wanted to get rid of it since he's not a sports fan at all. And he doesn't know how to use Ebay/paypal. Came with COA and case for 300 bucks. It has 35 players signed on it and it's freaking sweet. Steal of a lifetime! I'll post pictures later this weekend, I'm so happy I wanted to share.

Dennis Smith retired by 1998.

My guess is it's worth $800 - $1000. Heck, Elway alone on one of those goes for $450ish. I've almost bought team-signed helmets a couple times. I just couldn't swallow the price.

I love helmets - it's what got me interested in football when I was six or seven. The colors and logos just fascinated me. I have 20-25 full-sized, signed helmets in my collection. I've just bought them over the years, based on players I liked or respected. Some are a little weird (I have a Bo Jackson Auburn helmet). Some were a big mistake (I have a Drew Bledsoe Pats helmet that I bought about two weeks before he got hurt). Some I bought with some trepidation. (I have a Marcus Allen Chiefs helmet - I always liked Allen, even though he killed us a few times. I couldn't get myself to get a Raiders helmet of his, after the way Crazy Al treated him. So, I reluctantly bought a Chiefs one. But it's the player I liked.) I have some that I think are really cool. (I have a helmet with the SB logos from XXXII and XXXIII, signed by Elway and TD.)

You made a great purchase, though. I'd love to see a pic of it, if you get a chance.

Chris
06-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I'll give you 200 for it.

broncosteven
06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I have a hat signed by Adrain Madise, Jeb Putzier, Danny Kannel, Bert Berry, and a couple other no namers that I will sell for $300.

The hat has been washed a couple times in an effort to remove the sigs but I used one quality sharpie so they are there for eternity and well worth your $560 bucks.

Did I mention the price? 1st one with $700 in gold gets it.

strafen
06-12-2010, 10:01 PM
i have a hat signed by adrain madise, jeb putzier, danny kannel, bert berry, and a couple other no namers that i will sell for $300.

The hat has been washed a couple times in an effort to remove the sigs but i used one quality sharpie so they are there for eternity and well worth your $560 bucks.

Did i mention the price? 1st one with $700 in gold gets it.That's too funny! ROFL!LOL

strafen
06-12-2010, 10:05 PM

Anyone know what the value of something like this would go for?Congrats!
That's a nice piece of Broncos memorabilia to have.
That's awesome :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the pics. :wiggle:

TheReverend
06-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Heck, Elway alone on one of those goes for $450ish

Elway alone goes for over 2000 at charity auctions.

Trust me. :(

Fusionfrontman
06-13-2010, 09:40 AM
How do I post pictures?

Broncobiv
06-13-2010, 02:15 PM
How do I post pictures?

Host them on a site like Photobucket or Imageshack, then link them to here.

Fusionfrontman
06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Let's see if I did this right....
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/Mancona86/007.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/Mancona86/008.jpg

I'm trying to find Rod Smith's and Atwater's but can't for some reason

phillybroncosnut
06-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Sweet bro.... That helmet would fetch anywhere from $1200 to $1500 right now... Hold it for a while and it will surely go up.
The only thing I dont like is the yellow helmet but I know its the super bowl helmet. I woulda jumped all over that for $300 tho, yellow or not. Who is the COA from

Fusionfrontman
06-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Found Romo on it... No luck with Shannon, plus Shannon's signature is normally a mess anyway so I don't think he is on it. I have Rod Smith game signed cleats and he has a neat sig but can't find his either, unless his sig in 98 was different.
Went on SportsMemorbilia.com and found a TD/Elway helmet signed for 1200... so I'm feeling pretty good about my investment of 300 bucks... considering there are 35 sigs on this thing.

Fusionfrontman
06-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Greg, I'm not getting rid of this thing ever. I love it! haha My brother was like... dude you can get so much money for it. (He's not a Broncos fan).

Yeah, the yellow actually looks exactly like Marlboro Mustangs (football team for High School where I live) since they use the Bronco decal... but regardless, I'm thrilled.

COA is from All American Collectibles Inc. Do you know anything about them?

strafen
06-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Let's see if I did this right....
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/Mancona86/007.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab204/Mancona86/008.jpg

I'm trying to find Rod Smith's and Atwater's but can't for some reasonVery cool!
I like it! :notworthy

Los Broncos
06-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Very nice, donate it to me, you don't need it.

CoopDawg
06-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Great find, very jealous. Enjoy this for the rest of us!

broncocalijohn
06-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Very nice grab. An ex girlfriend worked in a car dealership that the Penguins owner came in to buy a new car. Gave the car salesman a Mario Lemioux signed jersey. I took it for $225 and know that it is easily worth at least $300. I just bought a signed (some faded) 1985 Rams signed football (Eric Dickerson included) for $10 on Craigslist. I had to have it since my sister won either a 84 or 85 Rams ball from a raffle. I was always jealous her ticket got pulled and not mine. 25 years later, got one for $10.

Fusionfrontman
06-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Ironic part was my girlfriend was questioning my senses for buying a ton of stuff from Phillybronconut, saying 'We could have went on vacation!'

2 Weeks later she tells me she hooked me up with this deal talking the guy down to 300 bucks. :)

Doggcow
06-14-2010, 09:28 AM
I'd personally rather have the 2010 Broncos Superbowl team sigs, as Tebow will mammoth his way to the top. Pretty sure if I had some Cox on it, I could fetch top dollar.

Fusionfrontman
06-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I want a helmet signed by the Kings of MiniCamp
Hillis, Kircus, Nash, Clarrett,Moss, David Terrel, Hixon, BVP.
Now that would be worth top dollar

TheReverend
06-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Very few of those guys were mini camp kings...

Think more along the lines of Darius Watts, Madise, etc

briane
06-14-2010, 03:08 PM

How about JMFW?

Fusionfrontman
06-14-2010, 04:14 PM
I can't afford anything signed by JMFW. What do you think I am, made of money?