PDA

View Full Version : OT- Xcel to increase rates due to power station explosion

crush17
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=140726&catid=339

Seriously, this sh*t is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Xcel, I hate our local government... I hate so much about how things are run here in Denver right about now.

Anyone ever think about just running your power off of a generator? How feasible is that??

Dagmar
06-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Yeah we got our phone call. Lost power at the explosion. Fun times.

bfoflcommish
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
its just a built in excuse and a way to raise rates without having to go to PUC for approval, and it wont happen for months/years???? they are like yeah in feb of 2012 we will need money so just warning yo now remember that explosion in June of 2010 yeah its catching up to us

Kaylore
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I have an idea. Let's really tax them so they raise their rates even more. That'll show 'em.

Signed,
Democrats

Dukes
06-10-2010, 09:29 AM
I have an idea. Let's really tax them so they raise their rates even more. That'll show 'em.

Signed,
Democrats

They wouldn't ever consider passing those costs onto the consumer. That's absurd.

SportinOne
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I have an idea. Let's start a war on terrorism in the name of 9/11 in a country that has nothing to do with 9/11 and MURDER thousands of people, while sacrificing the lives of thousands of our own citizens. Then, let's just gloss right over everything that is wrong with this by placing magnetic yellow ribbons on our low MPG vehicles.

Yee Haw,
The Republican Party

Meck77
06-10-2010, 09:45 AM

Seriously, this sh*t is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Xcel, I hate our local government... I hate so much about how things are run here in Denver right about now.

Anyone ever think about just running your power off of a generator? How feasible is that??

I understand where you are coming from. You can power a lot of **** with a quiet diesel onan generator. I have one in OF1 and you can power anything off it. http://www.coloradostandby.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/52?source=froogle

I think a small house would be possible. If nothing else as a major supplement to your power needs. Of course diesel will probably hit $4.00 a gallon with the next war/crisis/scam whatever you want to call it.

As far as local government goes I'd encourage you to get involved in getting rid of the crooks who run it. Myself and other land owners exposed the crook running RTD a couple years ago during my eminent domain ordeal.

He was forced out of office and now the government is trying to recoup the millions the son of b**** took form the tax payers. It can be done. One crook at a time.....

Oh Solar is an option but the payback is a long time and pretty steep investment. It just depends on how long you plan on staying at your property.

crush17
06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
That's awesome, Meck.
I would love to get involved, gotta find that extra time.

Popps
06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Try moving to SoCal, folks. You have no idea what tax pain is. My property taxes could pay a mortgage on a decent house in most states. Our local sales tax is 10%. I've had monthly energy bills of over $800.

California should be the model that the rest of the country looks at to realize how to do everything wrong. Basically, keep taxing and spending... and you'll end up just like us... broke.

Thank god I'm blessed with a good gig or I'd be outta here.

crush17
06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Irregardless!!

;)

enjolras
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I always chuckle when folks bitch about taxes in Colorado (within the lowest 10 states pretty much no matter how you look at it, despite our huge infrastructure costs).

enjolras
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM

Specifically? I'm relatively new to Denver (3 years), but I feel like the place is run really well. At least compared to other places I've lived.

Rigs11
06-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I have a better idea,lets complain about the deficit, blame it on the democrats, and then complain about getting taxed too much, then lets keep complaining.

Signed,
Rightards

Dagmar
06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Here was me thinking I would learn something from other Denver residents. Nope, its Democrats vs Republicans.

So...
http://i49.tinypic.com/nnp847.gif

crush17
06-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah this is not about Dems vs. Reps.

Its about local government being in the pocket of Xcel and other large companies. Anyone catch when they "switched" from coal to natural gas? That bill just moved right on through without so much as a peep, because nobody knew about it.

Our rates increased, and we sure noticed it then. Its a mockery of government the way things are run around here.