PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers rips Kornheiser, Jaworski, others

BroncoSojia
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
wow and I thought Cutler was a jerk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/08/aaron-rodgers-calls-tony-kornheiser-stupid-dumb-and-terrible/

here's the interview itself

http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wauk/media/mpeg/Aaron_Rodgers_Packers_quarterback_6_7_10_Homer-1275953535.mp3

Bigdawg26
06-08-2010, 09:29 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! Even the players know how much Tony Kornheiser sucked!!!!

Tombstone RJ
06-08-2010, 09:31 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/08/aaron-rodgers-calls-tony-kornheiser-stupid-dumb-and-terrible/

http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wauk/media/mpeg/Aaron_Rodgers_Packers_quarterback_6_7_10_Homer-1275953535.mp3

Um, Cutler is a jerk. Rogers is just honest.

Taco John
06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Dennis Miller was ten times better than Kornheizer. Miller didn't pretend he knew everything about the sport. He was genuinely inquisitive and asked some really smart questions. Kornheiser is terrible.

Pontius Pirate
06-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Ha - I tend to believe Rodgers' assessment of Kornheiser's competency. I think it's hilarious that he rips into a bunch of people who probably thought he had no chance in hell coming out of the draft.

SoCalBronco
Neither of them are jerks, but nice try in bringing Cutler into a completely unrelated thread. I don't see anything wrong in what Rodgers said. Kornheiser was completely unprepared in his view......do alot of people really disagree with that?

That's what I thought.

If Rodgers felt Jaws is two faced, what's wrong with stating that? Would you guys prefer some puffed up, NFLspeak interview?

worm
Kornheiser is terrible.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/barkley_300_080228.gif

Killericon
06-08-2010, 09:42 PM

When you go to "He's not the worst", you know he sucks.

hookemhess
06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Aaron Rodgers WIN

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/aaron-rodgers-mustache.jpg

worm
06-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers WIN

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/aaron-rodgers-mustache.jpg

http://www.nancymcgalliard.com/paintings/images/headlights-deer.jpg

bronco militia
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
http://media.podhoster.com/thatradio/images/bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329 .jpg

hambone13
06-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Neither one of them are jerks. Given that the Bears are a team I really like because I was born there and have been a forever Packer hater, I have to say that that interview did nothing but make me respect Aaron Rodgers. He was very honest, candid and had a quality, "one of the boys" personality. Great interview. I always liked Miller's humor on MNF. Additionally, he didn't present himself as his opinions having any professional validity and asked great questions to the "experts"?

Doggcow
06-08-2010, 10:40 PM

trrrrrble

Dagmar
06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Neither one of them are jerks.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ir3evr.png

boltaneer
06-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Man, Green Bay is the happening place this week...

Hogan11
06-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Neither of them are jerks, but nice try in bringing Cutler into a completely unrelated thread. I don't see anything wrong in what Rodgers said. Kornheiser was completely unprepared in his view......do alot of people really disagree with that?

That's what I thought.

If Rodgers felt Jaws is two faced, what's wrong with stating that? Would you guys prefer some puffed up, NFLspeak interview?

Kornheiser made no bones about being a fish out of water and essentially "just picking up a check". When you're a honcho at the Entertainment sports network, I suppose you can do such things. That didn't make his stay any less painful on the rest of us though. I give him credit for finally getting it and walking away....albeit under a lame, facesaving excuse.

I liked Miller too, but let's face it, his references were just too highbrow and lost upon the viewers. Not many average fans have a clue about things like "the Sword of Damocles" and such. People hate it when you make them feel stupid and Miller did that with relish every Monday night.

Is it refreshing for Rodgers to "break the code" and give a real interview instead of the usual NFLspeak? Sure it is. Would it be surprising to have Goodell talking to Rodgers about his "unprofessionalism" in the near future? Absolutely not.

tsiguy96
06-09-2010, 08:38 AM
ive always wondered how hard it can possibly be to put competent people in the booth for every game. there are hundreds of commentators on local radio around the country who do a great job, how do those baffoons in the press box get their job?

dbfan21
06-09-2010, 08:42 AM
nuff said...

Kaylore
06-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Everything Aaron Rodgers said is 100% true. And he knows first hand because he sits in production meetings with these guys and saw Kornheiser come in completely clueless. This just goes back to my theory that most sports "writers" are little more than specialized gossip columnists.

HorseHead
06-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Regarding Dennis Miller: I remember the first season he was on. The games that year were incredible...it seemed like every game was decided in the final minutes or overtime.

I think one of those games Jumbo Elliot scored on a tackle eligible....

The games were worth despite Miller's Sylvia Plath references...

Kid A
06-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I agree with what Rodgers said, and I suppose it should be his right to say it freely (though it is likely the league might come down on it for those comments). Still...not the pinnacle of professionalism. It's a given that you'll have to interact with some clowns in the media, and you just don't see QBs like Peyton, Brady, etc calling announcers "terrible" or whining 4 years after the fact about a commentator having doubts about their potential. All in all he comes across as bitter and petty for a guy who a bad day at work involves fielding stupid questions from Kornheiser.

That said, I have been glad to seem him succeed in Green Bay given the Favre bull**** he went through and how he handled that situation.

worm
06-09-2010, 09:48 AM
It is easy to see why Rodgers doesn't like Jaws. You need to rationalize your draft freefall and loss of many millions of $.

Nobody should like Tony.

barryr
06-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I agree with Rodgers, both of those guys are idiots and Kornheiser doesn't know much about sports. He and Olbermann don't look like they played a sport in their lives, but they sure know so much about them though.

Br0nc0Buster
06-09-2010, 11:04 AM
he could of sounded less like a douche but he is right in regards to Kornheiser anyways

He was terrible
He was the JeMarcuss Russell of sportscasting

Aftermath
06-09-2010, 12:33 PM
awesome!!

Kaylore
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with what Rodgers said, and I suppose it should be his right to say it freely (though it is likely the league might come down on it for those comments).
Why would the league care? He's not ripping on the league, he's ripping on his experience working at ESPN.

Hogan11
06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Why would the league care? He's not ripping on the league, he's ripping on his experience working at ESPN.

Doesn't matter, it was unprofessional on his part.

Kaylore
06-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Doesn't matter, it was unprofessional on his part.

They don't fine players for being unprofessional in their comments unless they rip on the league generally and the officials specifically. Guys talk bad about their own teammates from time to time and they don't get fined. Why would the league decide to fine him for ripping on Kornheiser? Is there any precedent for a player being fined for ripping on the press ever?

Hogan11
06-09-2010, 02:11 PM
They don't fine players for being unprofessional in their comments unless they rip on the league generally and the officials specifically. Guys talk bad about their own teammates from time to time and they don't get fined. Why would the league decide to fine him for ripping on Kornheiser? Is there any precedent for a player being fined for ripping on the press ever?

Honestly, I have no idea. Given Goodell's conduct policies though, it wouldn't surprise me if he's at least called into the office for an explaination.

I know people would love pro wrestling type interviews out of these guys, but there's a reason why you don't see it.

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2010, 02:37 PM
ESPN is to blame for putting such an unprofessional baffoon in the booth. This ain't on Rodgers, he didn't say anything inflammatory about kornhole, he simply said that kornhole was completely unprofessional which is ENTIRELY on ESPN and KORNHOLE.

db56
06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
bring back Micheals, Dierdorf, and Giff! no seriously, I liked Miller and Fouts, some of Miller's schtick was over the top but I found humor in mostly everything he said I would b like wtf did he just say? but he would leave me laughing and entertained.

Tirico is ok, but ESPN is missing the boat, Gruden was freakin hilarious during the Draft show, he would jump in and make great points and then just look at everybody else like, who are you clowns?

gunns
06-09-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't see him as a jerk, just being honest and he didn't go off the deep end in saying it. I can see why he dislikes both and I particularly liked the part on Jaws. Have always looked at him as a phony, media hype type guy and it appears that's exactly what he is. Tony exposes himself every time he opens his mouth. If we're talking unprofessional here I'd look at Tony.

KipCorrington25
06-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't want to listen to the whole thing but what did he say about Detriot?

colonelbeef
06-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Painful interview. Rodgers comes off being extremely thin skinned, humorless, and childish. The point he tries to make about nobody being able to criticize him unless they have played professionally and had some success is ridiculous. He then goes on to praise Jon Gruden- how many pro bowls did Gruden go to again?

The interviewees are that much worse. Totally brown nosing and malleable to Rodgers and his opinion. This is the problem with small town media- the journalists and hosts are totally beholden to the players. If Rodgers decides not to talk to this station in Milwaukee, they are ****ed, no where else to turn.

If this was Cutler, you guys would be killing him.

colonelbeef
06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
ESPN is to blame for putting such an unprofessional baffoon in the booth. This ain't on Rodgers, he didn't say anything inflammatory about kornhole, he simply said that kornhole was completely unprofessional which is ENTIRELY on ESPN and KORNHOLE.

Again, if this was Cutler, you'd be killing him.

One thing to add- I have to admit that his honesty is refreshing, if not a bit revealing.

gunns
06-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Painful interview. Rodgers comes off being extremely thin skinned, humorless, and childish. The point he tries to make about nobody being able to criticize him unless they have played professionally and had some success is ridiculous. He then goes on to praise Jon Gruden- how many pro bowls did Gruden go to again?

The interviewees are that much worse. Totally brown nosing and malleable to Rodgers and his opinion. This is the problem with small town media- the journalists and hosts are totally beholden to the players. If Rodgers decides not to talk to this station in Milwaukee, they are ****ed, no where else to turn.

If this was Cutler, you guys would be killing him.

No I wouldn't. My problem with Cutler in his interviews was him throwing his teammates under the bus while accepting little responsibility in his part for a loss. I'd have no problem with him ripping Jaws and Tony for the exact reasons I stated

colonelbeef
06-09-2010, 06:24 PM
No I wouldn't. My problem with Cutler in his interviews was him throwing his teammates under the bus while accepting little responsibility in his part for a loss. I'd have no problem with him ripping Jaws and Tony for the exact reasons I stated

I never pointed to what he said about Kornheiser as being the reason he comes off as childishly as he does.

It's apparent that he has a real problem accepting criticism. If these very same words came out of Cutlers' mouth, people here who are currently defending Rodgers and saying things like "Cutler's a jerk" would be ripping him to shreds.

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Again, if this was Cutler, you'd be killing him.

One thing to add- I have to admit that his honesty is refreshing, if not a bit revealing.

I'd love it if Cutler actually had a personality.

SportinOne
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ir3evr.png

i know this isn't the final time that I will have to say this.. but he was referring to the energy level of the fans during his first public practice in Chicago. Nothing more, nothing less. And you're sort of a tool if you realize this and keep perpetuating the bull****.

baja
06-09-2010, 09:59 PM
i know this isn't the final time that I will have to say this.. but he was referring to the energy level of the fans during his first public practice in Chicago. Nothing more, nothing less. And you're sort of a tool if you realize this and keep perpetuating the bull****.

Hell even if he was talking about the cheese and wine crowd at invesco than he would right.

Dagmar
06-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Hell even if he was talking about the cheese and wine crowd at invesco than he would right.

So there is no cheese and wine crowd at Bears stadium?

Call me a tool if you want McChamp, the fact is Cutler could have commented on the passion of the Chicago fans WITHOUT being disrespectful to those who in Denver were PASSIONATE enough to be at his first practice.

baja
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
So there is no cheese and wine crowd at Bears stadium?

Call me a tool if you want McChamp, the fact is Cutler could have commented on the passion of the Chicago fans WITHOUT being disrespectful to those who in Denver were PASSIONATE enough to be at his first practice.

Have you ever been to a game at the old Mile High?

Have you been to a game at invesco?

Notice a difference?

Dagmar
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Have you ever been to a game at the old Mile High?

Have you been to a game at invesco?

Notice a difference?

Did you answer the question? Do you know if Bears stadium has the same atmosphere as it did 10 years ago? And the argument I am being yelled about is practice. So what is your point?

baja
06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Did you answer the question? Do you know if Bears stadium has the same atmosphere as it did 10 years ago? And the argument I am being yelled about is practice. So what is your point?

I don't care what the Bears crowd does the point I made is if Cutler had been talking about the Invesco crowd when he gave them a 6 than I would have to agree with him, much as I dislike what he stands for as a player.

Mountain Bronco
06-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Woooooooo who the **** brought chuck into the Kornholio discussion. Chuck is the man, funny a hell and I love NBA games on TNT just for chuck. Dude is funny and brutally honest.

Mountain Bronco
06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Get that gator logo the hell out of here baja, it makes me sick.