PDA

View Full Version : Colts pick up Brandstater

DenverBound
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Adam_Schefter Colts see something Broncos didn't: they claimed former Broncos QB Tom Brandstater on waivers. He will compete to backup Peyton Manning.

Br0nc0Buster
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Peyton just got put on notice

Mediator12
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Makes Sense, Indy was only carrying 3 QB's for camps...

Dagmar
06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2859221&postcount=164

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2010, 07:42 PM
BrandstaterNextManning

Mr. Trout
06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
oh geez. another Brandstater thread. haha

TonyR
06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Adam_Schefter Colts see something Broncos didn't: they claimed former Broncos QB Tom Brandstater on waivers. He will compete to backup Peyton Manning.

Disappointed to see Schefter make such a weak statement. The Colts have weak depth behind Manning and brought in Brandstater for nothing to see if he's a potential upgrade. Denver and Indy may see the same thing.

BlaK-Argentina
06-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Hopefully this is the last thread about him. :D

Good luck Tom!

PRBronco
06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Omg I hope Peyton knows that some unnamed former Bronco rides with T-Money.

Tombstone RJ
06-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Wasn't Schefter the person who kept saying something along the lines of "Brandstater may end up being the long term solution at QB for Denver...." or something like that? Maybe I'm getting him confused with another reporter. But if he was they reporter saying that about Brandstater, it may explain his "Colts see something...." comment.

OBF1
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Earthshatteringnews :) Man Indy must have been desperate

tsiguy96
06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Wasn't Schefter the person who kept saying something along the lines of "Brandstater may end up being the long term solution at QB for Denver...." or something like that? Maybe I'm getting him confused with another reporter. But if he was they reporter saying that about Brandstater, it may explain his "Colts see something...." comment.

yea theres something about brandstater that shefter heard or thinks or something, that he really believes in this guy.

Durango
06-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I'll bet Brandstater makes the Indy roster. He's no-where in the same galaxy as Manning in talent and experience obviously, but he does have the same basic body, is tall, has a good arm and according to McDaniels, is very coachable and smart. Sorge is a stick with a noodle arm. Indy is looking to replace him, and Branstater is as good a candidate as the Colts have had in camp in a while.

uplink
06-07-2010, 11:11 PM
So I guess 30 teams passed on claiming him before the Colts did, so maybe he didn't generate that much interest.

Doggcow
06-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Ok?

Hamrob
06-08-2010, 07:04 AM
The one thing I read that made sense to me involving Brandstrater...was that he had reached his max potential...meaning he wasn't going to get any better than he already was. This supposedly out of Broncos camp. Maybe he was decent...but, if that's the case...he was never going to be a great starter. Good for Indy. They got their next Sorgi.

cmhargrove
06-08-2010, 07:10 AM
You guys are missing the entire point. This is part of the diabolical plan of McGenius. Tommy B and McD are colluding to bring down the mighty Colts.

At the end of training camp, Peyton will have a mysterious "fall" in the locker room separating his shoulder. Later on, in the playoffs, he willl accidentally miss a long snap that sails back into the end zone and is recovered by the Broncos.

It's all part of the master plan...

TheReverend
06-08-2010, 07:26 AM

Not sure if this was a dig or not given the alluded comparison followed by "...", but there's definitely a difference in required reps from the best QB in the league to Kyle Orton. Causes a trickle down effect where the ratio would probably be most fair if Indy were running 12 QBs in camp and Denver gave every rep to KO.

BABronco
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
It's all part of the master plan...

http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

no-pseudo-fan
06-08-2010, 08:49 AM
I am happy for Tom. The Colts have done such a bad job finding a back-up QB. Lucky for the Colts that Manning never gets hurt. The Colts are such a bad team without Peyton.

bronclvr
06-08-2010, 09:08 AM
It's a trap! Indy just wants to know McDaniel's secrets-

TheReverend
06-08-2010, 09:11 AM
I am happy for Tom. The Colts have done such a bad job finding a back-up QB.

Lucky for the Colts that Manning never gets hurt. The Colts are such a bad team without Peyton.

Two statements. One statement makes a claim, the following refutes the validity of the preceding.

Bravo.

tsiguy96
06-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Two statements. One statement makes a claim, the following refutes the validity of the preceding.

Bravo.

the first is talking about the ability of the backup quarterback, the second is talking about the health of the current and future starter...what are you talking about?

Rabb
06-08-2010, 09:40 AM
the first is talking about the ability of the backup quarterback, the second is talking about the health of the current and future starter...what are you talking about?

I am guessing, that we don't know the validity of the first statement because of the second

but what do I know

TheReverend
06-08-2010, 10:33 AM

I am guessing, that we don't know the validity of the first statement because of the second

but what do I know

What do you know? You know how to comprehend what you read, which apparently is a rare commodity here.

Also, in the few reg season snaps a QB has taken while Manning has been in town have been dominated by Jim Sorgi... who has a 90 QB rating... better than any Broncos QB in any given season since Plummer 2005 and a stellar 6 TDs to 1 INT.

tsiguy96
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM

but what do I know

am i the only one here that knows the colts pull their starters at the end of the year, and thus we got to see how the backup QB responds with his play against an opposing first team D?

sure hes playing with other backups, doesnt change how he actually played, which was beyond horrible. and they are looking to replace curtis painter, not sorgi.

TheReverend
06-08-2010, 11:12 AM
am i the only one here that knows the colts pull their starters at the end of the year, and thus we got to see how the backup QB responds with his play against an opposing first team D?

sure hes playing with other backups, doesnt change how he actually played, which was beyond horrible. and they are looking to replace curtis painter, not sorgi.

Strange that they'd release Sorgi and not Painter then. You should try following sports sometime.

colonelbeef
06-08-2010, 11:17 AM

lol

Rabb
06-08-2010, 11:32 AM

yes because everybody knows you get that fierce competition for 2nd and 3rd QB spots for garbage time at the end of a season

come on man