PDA

View Full Version : Foxworth to blame?

BMarsh615
06-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Ravens lose final week of OTAs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/07/ravens-lose-final-week-of-otas/

Offseason practices routinely involve contact, even though they aren't supposed to involve contact. For the most part, the league and the NFLPA look the other way; the trade off, as it has been explained to us, is that training-camp practices have become less grueling.

Still, every once in a while a team gets smacked for violating the offseason workout rules. Three years ago, the Raiders got their knuckles rapped. This time around, it's the Ravens.

The union and the NFL have issued a joint statement regarding the violation, which will result in the forfeiture of the final week of the Ravens' Organized Team Activities. Here's the full text:

"The NFL Management Council and the NFL Players Association have resolved a complaint by the Players Association against the Baltimore Ravens concerning violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement's off-season workout rules.

"It was determined that the Ravens violated the rules concerning the intensity and tempo of drills conducted on the Club's organized team activity days ('OTA days') and the length of time spent by players at the Club's facility on such days.

"As a result, the Ravens will forfeit the final week of their off-season program (June 14-18, 2010). Ravens' players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The Club cannot reschedule the canceled days."

It's unknown how the violation was detected. Often, the situation hits the union's radar screen after one or more players complain. If that's the case, then the Super Bowl contenders may have a little locker-room problem.

And the folks who complained may have to answer to Ray Lewis.

oubronco
06-07-2010, 12:14 PM
What the hell does this have to do with Foxy? It doesn't even mention his name

BMarsh615
06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Foxworth is heavily involved in the NFLPA.

Doggcow
06-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I think that teams should be allowed to push as hard as they want in the Pros.

College is a different story.

Ray Finkle
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
one of the reason why Foxy was tossed out of Denver was because he was considered a NFLPA narc....

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Seems like a better thread title is in order. I'm just saying ;D

HEAV
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Foxy is, was and always will be a lil bitch.

OBF1
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM
What the hell does this have to do with Foxy? It doesn't even mention his name

This message is hidden because BMarsh615 is on your ignore list. LOL

bronco militia
06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
maybe it was Boldin.....it seems like he's always crying about something

Drek
06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
one of the reason why Foxy was tossed out of Denver was because he was considered a NFLPA narc....

He wasn't tossed out, he was traded per his request because Shanahan wouldn't let him legitimately compete with Dre Bly.

Ray Finkle
06-07-2010, 01:11 PM
He wasn't tossed out, he was traded per his request because Shanahan wouldn't let him legitimately compete with Dre Bly.

sure....if that's what you believe.....

gunns
06-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Athlon picked Ravens to win the SB this year over Minnesota. How can they do that if they can't finish their OTA's???

bronco militia
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM

nver got his chance?

he got his chance in the pre-season of 2008 and was smoked repeatedly.

RunSilentRunDeep
06-07-2010, 03:07 PM
I saw the title and thought it was thought it was an old thread from the AFC championship game. "Yes, Mr. Ward. I'll give you a 20-yard cushion."

Florida_Bronco
06-07-2010, 03:12 PM
sure....if that's what you believe.....

It's been very well documented.

Ray Finkle
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
It's been very well documented.

I'll trust the person that told me otherwise.....you always have 2 stories to a transaction. 1. What they publicly say 2. Why the transaction occurred...

Drek
06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I'll trust the person that told me otherwise.....you always have 2 stories to a transaction. 1. What they publicly say 2. Why the transaction occurred...

Great. Then source it.

Because all I see is a case where Shanahan said "Dominique would like an opportunity elsewhere and we respect his wishes". That shortly after and before Foxworth voiced his belief that he was not getting a fair shake to win the #2 CB job over Bly.

Foxworth then went to Atlanta, played well enough to get a big contract from a good defensive team with a smart GM, and start there while they're making playoff runs.

he's not an elite CB, but he's solid. And likely a better long term answer than what Dre Bly posed. Yet he felt he had no chance to win that job in his 4th year in the NFL.

Funny that once Shanahan left more and more sources started coming out saying that the "every spot is up for competition" mantra was a joke.

Hell, I'm not even saying that Foxworth is a real good CB. He's overpaid and I think we got better value with Andre Goodman last off-season. But the attempt at former player flogging here is pretty ridiculous. He was open and honest with his problems and they've largely been substantiated now that management has been turned over.

BMarsh615
06-07-2010, 05:34 PM
This message is hidden because BMarsh615 is on your ignore list. LOL

Who isn't on this guys ignore list? I think he has everyone on ignore but himself :rofl:

peacepipe
06-07-2010, 07:56 PM
the players are not only ones who have to honor a contract. last I checked the owners/mangement signed the contract as well. They are just as legally bound to it.

SoCalBronco
06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure why he would be blamed. So what if he's involved in the union. If they violated the OTA rules....the team's union rep SHOULD be reporting it. They aren't there to slavishly obey every team rule. There was a collective bargaining process that resulted in regulations to cover the extent of football related offseason activity. Good for him. He undoubtedly will be retaliated against in some way, but I don't see why he's a "lil biatch" for complaining about OTA violations.

peacepipe
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Ravens lose final week of OTAs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/07/ravens-lose-final-week-of-otas/

Offseason practices routinely involve contact, even though they aren't supposed to involve contact. For the most part, the league and the NFLPA look the other way; the trade off, as it has been explained to us, is that training-camp practices have become less grueling.

Still, every once in a while a team gets smacked for violating the offseason workout rules. Three years ago, the Raiders got their knuckles rapped. This time around, it's the Ravens.

The union and the NFL have issued a joint statement regarding the violation, which will result in the forfeiture of the final week of the Ravens' Organized Team Activities. Here's the full text:

"The NFL Management Council and the NFL Players Association have resolved a complaint by the Players Association against the Baltimore Ravens concerning violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement's off-season workout rules.

"It was determined that the Ravens violated the rules concerning the intensity and tempo of drills conducted on the Club's organized team activity days ('OTA days') and the length of time spent by players at the Club's facility on such days.

"As a result, the Ravens will forfeit the final week of their off-season program (June 14-18, 2010). Ravens' players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The Club cannot reschedule the canceled days."

It's unknown how the violation was detected. Often, the situation hits the union's radar screen after one or more players complain. If that's the case, then the Super Bowl contenders may have a little locker-room problem.

And the folks who complained may have to answer to Ray Lewis. no way Ray wasn't aware of this. Things like this are discussed by the players prior to being reported.