PDA

View Full Version : OT- Rajon Rondo

crush17
06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Kid is so sick. Just sayin'.

Also shut your trap Phil Jackson.

TDmvp
06-06-2010, 10:50 PM
jeez then you go and start a thread I agree with ... go figure ...

Baba Booey
06-06-2010, 10:54 PM
****in' C'sssss

Los Broncos
06-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah and Jack can shut the **** up too.

Why are you contesting calls, the refs don't care what you think.

RhymesayersDU
06-06-2010, 10:57 PM
He played pretty well. We might just have a series on our hands here.

strafen
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Go Celts! Ha!

TDmvp
06-06-2010, 11:19 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujDE2yAJpNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujDE2yAJpNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2010, 12:35 AM
He played pretty well. We might just have a series on our hands here.

He's got skills, to be sure, but I wouldn't be as quick as some C's fans to put Jiminy Cricket on the same level as Nash, D-Will, CP3, et al.

Rondo's success in game 2 was probably just as much a reflection on the Lakers' lackluster shooting and rebounding (which afforded him the fast break opportunities where he makes his money.)

Limit those opportunities, and he's no longer much of a threat.

He's mediocre from the field, he has no outside shot, and he can't make FTs to save his life.

The series is still the Lakers' to lose.

Dedhed
06-07-2010, 05:57 AM

Not sure how you come to that. They've already lost home court.

bronco0608
06-07-2010, 09:59 AM
He's got skills, to be sure, but I wouldn't be as quick as some C's fans to put Jiminy Cricket on the same level as Nash, D-Will, CP3, et al.

Rondo's success in game 2 was probably just as much a reflection on the Lakers' lackluster shooting and rebounding (which afforded him the fast break opportunities where he makes his money.)

He's mediocre from the field, he has no outside shot, and he can't make FTs to save his life.

Rondo's producing. No reason to hate. It's not like this kid came out of nowhere to put up these kind of stats. He has been doing this for two straight postseasons.

He is a unique PG. He is kind of like a big with no jumpshot, ala Bynum. Does Bynum suck because he can't face you up? Absolutely not. He is more low post. Same with Rondo. Does he suck because he can't consistently hit the outside jumper? No, but he is awesome at everything else and he knows his limits. You don't see him shooting 10 jumpers a game.

But keep hating on everything Celtic. You can't help it.

Zoobie
06-07-2010, 10:46 AM
The biggest issue with Rondo is he is a mediocre shooter at best, he really needs to develop that part of his game. Also, he needs to figure out how to make free throws, especially in clutch situations.

Smiling Assassin27
06-07-2010, 10:57 AM

This can be said of ANY elite PG (other than the FT's where he really stinks), really. To say he has no outside shot is incorrect. While he is not a Ray Allen-like sharpshooter, he's shown the ability to hit timely jumpers, last night being a good example. Each of the guys listed does one thing or another better than Rondo, but as a point guard, Rondo is the class of the league. He penetrates, rebounds, assists, creates steals, and scores his share.

I recall people saying the same thing about Dennis Johnson on those great Celtics teams--that he couldn't hit from the outside. But the guy made a hall of fame career out of making the timely jumper, defending the hell out of guys (he shut down Magic in the 84 championship series), rebounding, and assisting.

And when it's money time, like DJ, Rondo seems to feel right at home. The kid's only gonna get better, IMO.

Zoobie
06-07-2010, 10:59 AM
This can be said of ANY elite PG (other than the FT's where he really stinks), really. To say he has no outside shot is incorrect. While he is not a Ray Allen-like sharpshooter, he's shown the ability to hit timely jumpers, last night being a good example. Each of the guys listed does one thing or another better than Rondo, but as a point guard, Rondo is the class of the league. He penetrates, rebounds, assists, creates steals, and scores his share.

I recall people saying the same thing about Dennis Johnson on those great Celtics teams--that he couldn't hit from the outside. But the guy made a hall of fame career out of making the timely jumper, defending the hell out of guys (he shut down Magic in the 84 championship series), rebounding, and assisting.

And when it's money time, like DJ, Rondo seems to feel right at home. The kid's only gonna get better, IMO.

Lets see him do it consistently over a few more seasons, and let's see him develop outside game. If he can become a higher FG% shooter from anywhere but under the basket and become less of a FT choke artist, then he will be one of the best all around at his position. He does many things extremely well(distributing, stealing, rebounding, driving the lane), but lacks some major components of a complete PG.

DarkHorse30
06-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Laker fans remind me of Yankee fans and Cowboy fans.

broncofan2438
06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Laker fans=annoying. Dislike both teams, but would rather see Lakers lose.
Rondo is crazy good though

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Yes, Rondo has limited range. But he's put up a triple double on multiple occasions in the playoffs. The guy is good.

elsid13
06-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Rondo does a lot things well, the one thing I think he needs to work on his free throws. Once that comes in place you can live with lack of deep outside jumper, because he does draw a lot of contact and can hit the mid range jumper.

*WARHORSE*
06-07-2010, 02:41 PM
The jumper can continually be worked on, just like the free throws.

Confidence has alot to do with hitting jump shots. Honestly I think Rondo is one of those players who thinks hes supposed to hit 2 out of 3 jumpers. It effects confidence.

When youre open, be in rhythm and shoot the ball with confidence. Let it fly.

Some guys cant accept missing.

During the regular season, he needs to open it up more, most definitely, a fade away jumper.

He would be killer with those things added to his game.

As for the BOSSton Celtics, they have the mentality to play these games. I dont see that in the Lackers crew other than Kobe Kahn and Fisher.

Bynums knee will be critical too.

BOSSTON wins it in the end.

Zoobie
06-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Rondo does a lot things well, the one thing I think he needs to work on his free throws. Once that comes in place you can live with lack of deep outside jumper, because he does draw a lot of contact and can hit the mid range jumper.

If he's going to be a complete PG, you don't just "live" without the deep outside jumper. He needs to improve that, especially as the Celtics begin to lose their veterans, especially Ray Allen. When he is the sole focus of the team, he can't be allowed to miss the shots he misses.

elsid13
06-07-2010, 03:51 PM
If he's going to be a complete PG, you don't just "live" without the deep outside jumper. He needs to improve that, especially as the Celtics begin to lose their veterans, especially Ray Allen. When he is the sole focus of the team, he can't be allowed to miss the shots he misses.

That not the role that Doc Rivers or Ainge want him to play. They want a PG that looks for pass first the shot second. Even if Allen moves on, the front office will look for SG to keep the defense honest and they will not depend Ronda as scorer.

worm
06-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Top 5 PG in the league. Not Top 3.

LRtagger
06-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I saw him play in HS at a tourney when he was at Oak Hill. He and Josh Smith were both seniors on the team. Obvious both guys were going to be studs in the league.

Drek
06-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Who says they lose Ray Allen? No one will offer Ray a max deal this summer so he's just going to see a lot of mid-level exemptions thrown his way. Easy for Boston to top that and retain him while still saving money.

ward63
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I do miss watching him at UK

ZONA
06-07-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm guessing only Lakers fans are the only people who believe that. They lost homecourt already, but yet it's their to still lose? Please give a valid explanation, other then you think the Lakers are the better team, because so far, they haven't shown it.

Williams
06-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Rondo is really coming up. It's pretty amazing many consider him Boston's top player with all the talent on that team. But the kid's got skill. I was left shaking my head after this little manuever last night. Bynum got shook so hard he mustve jumped 5 ft in the wrong direction. Sickening.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrE8FB9jQ-c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrE8FB9jQ-c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Who says they lose Ray Allen? No one will offer Ray a max deal this summer so he's just going to see a lot of mid-level exemptions thrown his way. Easy for Boston to top that and retain him while still saving money.

I agree re: The Mid-Level exception for Ray Allen.

But I would argue that there's a good chance he leaves if he wants to get another ring. KG is not getting any younger, this Celtics team needs to get younger. I'm willing to bet that while yes, Ray Allen will probably be signed for the mid-level, he's going to get that offer from a team like the Lakers, or the Cavs, or the Bulls, or some team good team that could use him. Hell, maybe even the Thunder.

I know that I'm just kind of throwing out names off the top of my head, but my point is, he's going to have the opportunity to pick exactly where he wants to go, and there may be some real good situations. I mean let's just say the Knicks signed LeBron and Bosh. They might have the money to signed Allen for the mid-level. There are a lot of scenarios where he can be the perfect veteran piece for an up-and-coming title contender.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing only Lakers fans are the only people who believe that. They lost homecourt already, but yet it's their to still lose? Please give a valid explanation, other then you think the Lakers are the better team, because so far, they haven't shown it.

Here's your "valid explanation..."

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4498/50143133.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
But keep hating on everything Celtic. You can't help it.

Odds are you wouldn't be busting my chops for hating everything Raiders - but you're a Laker hater, so I'm not surprised.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Yep, like I said, Jiminy Cricket has skills, but he's far from a complete player at this stage.

Cue the Rondo jock riders and Laker haters piling on because I'm not being "objective" here. Ha!

Jason in LA
06-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Well Rondo did a whole lot of nothing last night.

I really like him as a PG, and he's climbed the list of top PGs in the league. But he's not on the level of Paul, Williams, or Nash yet.

Like its been said before in this thread, he's missing that outside shot. And he's missing it bad. The Lakers were playing way off of him. There were times where Rondo was behind the three point line and the defender was playing close to the paint. Rondo was wide open and wouldn't take the shot. He doesn't have to take a lot of long jumpers, but he does have to hit some of them. He has to take the shot if he's wide open. Leave Nash that open and he's hitting that shot all day long.

I'd think that he'd develop an outside shot as his career goes. If he can get that then he's going to be deadly.

Jason in LA
06-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Even with the series tied at 1 game each I still had the Lakers winning it. I've said it many times. The better team wins the series. Losing home court isn't that big of a deal. As you can see, the Lakers got it right back. I really don't even think home court really matters all that much in this series. Both teams have shown that they can out play the other while on the road. It's going to be the first team to 4 wins regardless of where the game is.

It's a trip that people hate Lakers fans, or Yankees fans. Fans from one team to another are the same. People hate the Lakers because they win, so people hate their fans too. If a team like the Nuggets could win titles like the Lakers then people would hate their fans too. Everybody hates the winner and their fans too.

People like to put Lakers fans in one group. The Hollywood group. Like Los Angeles is a city of celebrities, and 19,000+ celebrities are showing up to Lakers games. Most of the fans at Lakers games are just like fans from any other team. Just regular people who love their team. Most of the Lakers fans watching at home are just regular people. There are some really knowledgeable Lakers fans, there are some Lakers fans who don't know much. I'd say that's true about any fan base.

crush17
06-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Not the sparkling performance I was expecting, that's for sure.

Celtics looked tired and flat last night.

Chris
06-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Ray Allen lost it for them last night. Paul Pierce is totally flat though he made some plays in the 4th. Rondo wasn't as aggressive as he should have been.

if they can get a performance from just one of those guys, they can win. If they can get 2... they can win by double figures.

Jason in LA
06-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Ray Allen lost it for them last night. Paul Pierce is totally flat though he made some plays in the 4th. Rondo wasn't as aggressive as he should have been.

if they can get a performance from just one of those guys, they can win. If they can get 2... they can win by double figures.

Those are some big ifs. On the flip side, if Kobe doesn't take a bunch of bad shots in the 4th period the Celtics don't come within single digits of the Lakers, and that's in Boston. The Lakers are the better team.

Bronco Yoda
06-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Fisher came up big. Not surprising to Laker fans.

cousinal11
06-09-2010, 12:28 PM
0-13 FG.

Celts will bounce back.

Bronco Yoda
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
They'll bounce back to 1-3 for the series :)

Mr.Meanie
06-09-2010, 01:07 PM
0-13 FG.

Celts will bounce back to earth after lucking their way out of Game 2 with a win.

fixed for accuracy

Zoobie
06-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Not particularly this year, but as they eventually begin to lose their old players such as Allen, KG, and Pierce or as they become even less effective, either or. Rondo is going to become the face of the Celtics as the old guys fade, go to other teams, or retire. When these things happen and Rondo is the focus, he won't be able to get away with a lot of what he does right now. You MUST have the ability to hit the mid range and outside jumpers as an elite level guard. Right now, he cannot hit these shots, and he does not have the confidence to take those types of shots a majority of the time. Not only that, but he has to get in the gym and figure out how to hit free throws, his poor percentage at the stripe is inexcusible. Again, players like Nash, Paul, and others are money from the line, Rondo is not even close to consistant.

Rondo is a great young player, but he has a LONG way to go if he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as the greats that play the position, his game is far from fully developed.

Bronco Yoda
06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Rondo is a fine young player. He might even be able to make the Lakers Bench if he keeps improving some day. :)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 09:11 PM
They'll bounce back to 1-3 for the series :)

:yep:

Then watch how fast the Smeltics bandwagon empties out here.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsXPZVPIjxE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsXPZVPIjxE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Rondo is a fine young player. He might even be able to make the Lakers Bench if he keeps improving some day. :)

:laugh:

Exactly.

Or to the bench on just about any West team.

rbackfactory80
06-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Gotta love this thread. All the laker fans that come here after the wins disappear after losses. I knew I could find this thread way off the front page.

broncofan2438
06-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Nice to see the series tied up......F those lakers