PDA

View Full Version : The Hang Over

TDmvp
06-05-2010, 05:14 PM
SO like my friends was all you have to see this , it's the funniest movie ever...

I must be getting old or something because it seemed like 2 hours of $hit that would never happen in million years.

Yea there was some funny MOMENTS , but random funny moments surrounded by 2 hours of stupid does not make a great movie.

one thing tho i never figured out from the cams pics at the end , How did the one guy end up in the ER ?

FADERPROOF
06-05-2010, 05:16 PM
How did you not like that movie???

Hogan11
06-05-2010, 05:19 PM
It was a decent comedy, has a few hilarious lines in it (mostly from Allen) but it's not an instant classic or anything. It's more of a cult film along the same lines of Napoleon Dynamite, Farris Bueller's Day Off or Office Space.....meaning it's fans are extremely devoted to it while others will fail to see anything all that extraordinary with it.

Your question is a fair one as I often wondered that myself.

Broncobiv
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81158

Almost exactly one year to the day from this thread...weird!

GoBroncos84
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I found it hilarious. I believe the concussion came from a fight with Wayne Newton, but they don't actually say that. Just the impression I got from the pictures

Hogan11
06-05-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81158

Almost exactly one year to the day from this thread...weird!

All it means is it must've started running on HBO & Cinemax

houghtam
It was a decent comedy, has a few hilarious lines in it (mostly from Allen) but it's not an instant classic or anything. It's more of a cult film along the same lines of Napoleon Dynamite, Farris Bueller's Day Off or Office Space.....meaning it's fans are extremely devoted to it while others will fail to see anything all that extraordinary with it.

Your question is a fair one as I often wondered that myself.

Its box office numbers suggest it was more than a cult film. $275 million and #6 last year.

It wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but the numbers alone tell you that a large portion of the movie-going public, myself included, found it hee-larious.

broncosteven
I didn't see the big deal about it either.

I thought the naked male ass got old after the 1st time. The 2nd time it was old.

I thought at times it was creepy. The Dentist pulling his own tooth might have been funny if they showed it.

Maybe it is a movie best watched drunk with a bunch of 18 year old frat boys? I dunno.

Hogan11
06-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Its box office numbers suggest it was more than a cult film. $275 million and #6 last year.

It wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but the numbers alone tell you that a large portion of the movie-going public, myself included, found it hee-larious.

Not talking about box office numbers, talking more about how it'll be remembered and regarded.

FADERPROOF
06-05-2010, 05:31 PM
"ysah maybe now after 9-11, when everyone's all sensitive...thanks a lot Bin Laden."

Br0nc0Buster
06-05-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought it was OK
I thought Alan(Zach Galifinakis) was the only really funny part of the movie

more silly than funny

houghtam
06-05-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm not supposed to be within two hundred feet of a school... or a Chuck E. Cheese.

broncosteven
06-05-2010, 05:39 PM
I thought it was OK

more silly than funny

I thought he was more creepy than funny, the Chinese dude kept me watching but I didn't need to see his ass.

Kid A
06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
I thought it was OK

more silly than funny

This. Galifinakis is simply one of the better comics today. The rest of the movie was average comedy.

Hogan11
06-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I thought he was more creepy than funny, the Chinese dude kept me watching but I didn't need to see his ass.

or the old dude's in the doctor's office ugh!~

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I cant believe you went into that movie expecting realism.

Jason in LA
06-05-2010, 06:32 PM
You know what's unrealistic, a guy getting hypnotized to not care anymore, then he blows off his job and he gets promoted. But you know, Office Space is one of favorite movies ever.

Just about all movies are unrealistic on some level. Really think about. We all have normal lives. So who wants to pay like $13 to watch another person's normal life? Hell, if I'm going to watch something realistic then I'll just sit at home and watch my life. lol

As for The Hangover, I thought it was a very funny movie. Like it was pointed out, it made way too much money to be considered a cult movie, and a lot of the public loved the movie. We all have different opinions about movies, but the movie was a hit. It didn't just have a specific audience.

hookemhess
06-05-2010, 06:35 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVXFob1KZlw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVXFob1KZlw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jason in LA
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I looked the movie up on yahoo movies, and it got an average grade of a B from the critics, which is pretty good, and an average of an A- from the users. The users grade, not surprisingly, is usually a bit higher than the critics grade. But judging from what other big time movies get, those are good grades.

Bronco Boy
06-05-2010, 06:38 PM
It was a lot like Hot Tub Time Machine, with one great performance making an otherwise average movie pretty funny.

TDmvp
06-05-2010, 06:40 PM
It had it's moments , and if you didn't over think it , it was funny.

But the media and some of my friends acted like this was auto top 5 comedies of all time and it just wasn't to me.

I'd still like to know how dude ended up in the ER tho hehe.

I'm also known as "I hate the classics guy" From Led Zep , to E.T. and Brave Heart .
If it's a classic i most likely hate it... And I never go to theaters hence just seeing The Hang Over.

And was wondering if that played into it hehe... But i see from a lot of replies that i wasn't the only one on this one ...

Yes The Hang Over was funny , But no it wasn't like instant top 5 ... heck i don't even know what i'd pick as my top 5 funniest movies of all time.

GoBroncos84
06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I'd still like to know how dude ended up in the ER tho hehe.

I really think its from fighting Wayne Newton

Jason in LA
06-05-2010, 06:53 PM
I'd say that I go to the movies often. A few times a month. I walked out of The Hangover feeling that I got my money's worth.

Is it a top five funniest movie of all time? I'd say no. But if you're going to the movies with that type of expectations, you're going to leave disappointed every time.

I recently saw The Big Lebowski for the first time. It's a classic and I always wanted to see it. I've always heard how great it is. So I see it, expecting greatness, and it was just alright to me. It goes to show that we all have different opinions about movies, and also if the expectations are set extremely high and the movie doesn't live up to that to you, then you're not going to think the movie was any good. I'm sure if I saw The Big Lebowski without any of the hype I would have liked it a lot more. Same with Avatar. It got so much hype, and it was supposed to be the best picture of the year. So going in the expectations were extremely high. But to me it didn't live up to the hype. When debates about the best picture would come up I would never have anything positive to say about the movie. But it was a pretty good movie. It just didn't live up to the hype. If it didn't have so much hype and wasn't up for best picture, I probably would have liked the movie a whole lot more.

GoBroncos84
06-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, its best to go in with no expectations for any movie. If there is a lot of hype, you can take that as a sign that its a movie you should check out, but don't anoint it and expect greatness.

^ The Big Lebowski is probably my favorite comedy. I understand it's not for everyone, but i've never seen a better comedic film. You bringing that up has put me in the mood for a white russian... or three

Archer81
06-05-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd say that I go to the movies often. A few times a month. I walked out of The Hangover feeling that I got my money's worth.

Is it a top five funniest movie of all time? I'd say no. But if you're going to the movies with that type of expectations, you're going to leave disappointed every time.

I recently saw The Big Lebowski for the first time. It's a classic and I always wanted to see it. I've always heard how great it is. So I see it, expecting greatness, and it was just alright to me. It goes to show that we all have different opinions about movies, and also if the expectations are set extremely high and the movie doesn't live up to that to you, then you're not going to think the movie was any good. I'm sure if I saw The Big Lebowski without any of the hype I would have liked it a lot more. Same with Avatar. It got so much hype, and it was supposed to be the best picture of the year. So going in the expectations were extremely high. But to me it didn't live up to the hype. When debates about the best picture would come up I would never have anything positive to say about the movie. But it was a pretty good movie. It just didn't live up to the hype. If it didn't have so much hype and wasn't up for best picture, I probably would have liked the movie a whole lot more.

This.

My friends are The Big Lebowski fanatics. I finally watch it with them and they are laughing hysterically and quoting the flick...Im like...Uhh...that was amusing, not laugh out loud funny. And Avatar...very pretty with a very boring story.

:Broncos:

gunns
06-05-2010, 07:13 PM
It's basically to each his own, could be an age thing though. I anticipated watching Hangover, love a good comedy. There were parts but overall I never found it hysterical. I think I smiled a couple of times. It bordered on silly and I can't stand silly.

ColoradoDarin
06-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I didn't care for it either. It was okay, funny in parts, but not great overall.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
You girls seriously need to change your tampons.

Steve Prefontaine
06-05-2010, 07:57 PM
wow. i'm kind of shocked by some views on the movie. one of the best comedies in the past couple years. right up there with Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

yup, dead serious.

Dedhed
06-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I cant believe you went into that movie expecting realism.I can't believe anyone ever goes into a movie expecting realism.

Dedhed
06-05-2010, 07:58 PM
wow. i'm kind of shocked by some views on the movie. one of the best comedies in the past couple years. right up there with Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

yup, dead serious.
I agree, I think there are a lot of folks taking themselves way too seriously.

gunns
06-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't think anyone, well me, went into a movie called The Hangover expecting realism.

Bronco Boy
06-05-2010, 08:16 PM
This.

My friends are The Big Lebowski fanatics. I finally watch it with them and they are laughing hysterically and quoting the flick...Im like...Uhh...that was amusing, not laugh out loud funny. And Avatar...very pretty with a very boring story.

Well, with a movie like The Big Lebowski or Pulp Fiction, they aren't really funny unless you establish a connection with some other people.

For example, the quote in Pulp Fiction where Samuel L says "That is a tasty burger!" is not funny to someone just watching the movie. But if you have a group of friends who repeat that line whenever you're eating burgers with them, it becomes funny because you recall those times when it was said, and not the movie itself. If that makes any sense. But The Hangover and the Big Lebowski are a lot like that too in regard to quotes.

Kid A
06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I agree, I think there are a lot of folks taking themselves way too seriously.

I just think people have different taste in comedy. I've enjoyed films more than The Hangover that were probably much dumber. I mean, I saw The Hangover twice with friends and enjoyed it, I just didn't think it was anything that special (outside Galifinakis). I have nothing against people really enjoying it though. That's generally the point of comedies.

broncocalijohn
06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
It was a lot like Hot Tub Time Machine, with one great performance making an otherwise average movie pretty funny.

I saw Hot Tub and Hangover blew it away. If you have trouble liking The Hangover, it isnt the movie with the problem; It is you!

Dedhed
06-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't think anyone...went into a movie called The Hangover expecting realism.

Read the title post.

DomCasual
06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
The Hangover was one of the funniest movies I've seen in the past five years. I loved it, and I usually come away disappointed at comedies.

Miss I.
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I wasn't overly impressed, but I don't think I was the target audience. For boys being boys comedies I greatly prefer Swingers or Wedding Crashers or the classics of Mel Brooks like Blazing Saddles (not specifically a boy comedy, but really some of those jokes are so guy centric, but still funny stuff).

Quoydogs
06-05-2010, 10:36 PM
The Hangover was one of the funniest movies I've seen in the past five years. I loved it, and I usually come away disappointed at comedies.

This. The movie was excellent the best part were the Pic's at the end though I about pissed my self. The tooth, just thinking about that I am laughing again.

Also I thought Mike Tyson did a pretty good job too.

misturanderson
06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Everyone keeps saying that the movie was just average outside of Galafinakis, but his performance was one of the funniest comedic roles ever. He carries an otherwise average film into greatness because he's in almost every scene and he's hilarious in each of them. That's like saying that Braveheart was pretty average without Mel Gibson.

Bronco Boy
06-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I saw Hot Tub and Hangover blew it away. If you have trouble liking The Hangover, it isnt the movie with the problem; It is you!

I think you are having trouble differentiating fact from opinion.

Dedhed
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Everyone keeps saying that the movie was just average outside of Galafinakis, but his performance was one of the funniest comedic roles ever. He carries an otherwise average film into greatness because he's in almost every scene and he's hilarious in each of them. That's like saying that Braveheart was pretty average without Mel Gibson.
Well, Forrest Gump was pretty average outside of Tom Hanks, Big was pretty average, and Castaway was downright boring if you subtract him.

Caddyshack was awful except for Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, and Ted Knight. It was just about a country club.

Dumb and Dumber was awful other than Jim Carey.

gunns
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Read the title post.

Read what I actually posted instead of editing the quote.

d bronx42
06-05-2010, 11:50 PM
"I cant go next weekend cause the Jonas Brothers are in town. But any week after that is totally fine."

"Uh, if we're sharing beds, I'm bunking with Phil. You cool with that?"

"No, I'm not cool with that."

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2010, 12:08 AM
This.

Trust me when I say this. You have to watch Lebowski about 4 times. I know it doesnt make sense, i know movies should be enjoyed the first go around, but that flick is multi layered. By viewing four, youll be laughing your ass off at everything. If not, well then its just not for you. Nothing is for everyone. I cant stand star wars.

Br0nc0Buster
06-06-2010, 12:34 AM
For what its worth I think The Big Lebowski is much funnier than The Hangover
I didnt necessarily laugh out loud during the Big Lebowski, but I thought it was much more clever than the Hangover minus Zach Galifinakis's parts

SouthStndJunkie
06-06-2010, 12:36 AM
This.

Sometimes it sucks to watch a move for the first time with a group of people that love it and has seen it 20 times.

They basically try to cue you in to when you are supposed to laugh, try explaining it if you don't fall over in laughing convulsions, and quote the lines over and over while you miss other dialogue.

The Big Lebowski was a great movie, but it would be a lot less enjoyable if watched under those obnoxious circumstances.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure why people hate on Avatar's story so much. It was hardly innovative, but completely functional and did what it was supposed to do. Its no more "boring" than any comic book movie ive ever seen and, in fact, more detailed and indepth than those cookie cutter attempts.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2010, 07:00 AM
I don't think anyone, well me, went into a movie called The Hangover expecting realism.

Live my life for awhile. Hangovers are most certainly real.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2010, 07:01 AM
I cant stand star wars.

I've killed people for saying less.

ColoradoDarin
06-06-2010, 07:06 AM

yup, dead serious.

I thought FSM was hilarious, same with Wedding Crashers, both were far superior to The Hangover.

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 07:54 AM

yup, dead serious.

I didn't care much for Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I thought the Hangover was a lot better and funnier.

orangenblue2
06-06-2010, 08:03 AM
"First of all, he was a barTender...and she was wasted...and if you must know, he didn't even come inside her."Hilarious!

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure why people hate on Avatar's story so much. It was hardly innovative, but completely functional and did what it was supposed to do. Its no more "boring" than any comic book movie ive ever seen and, in fact, more detailed and indepth than those cookie cutter attempts.

I think people hate on Avatar because of all the hype it got and because it was up for best picture. Sense it was up for a lot of awards, people started finding issues with the movie, and of course that would be the story. It wasn't a great story, so people acted as if it was a bad story. It was really a decent story with amazing special effects. If it wasn't up for best picture then I think it would have been appreciated a lot more. There wouldn't have been such a backlash against it from some people.

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I wasn't overly impressed, but I don't think I was the target audience. For boys being boys comedies I greatly prefer Swingers or Wedding Crashers or the classics of Mel Brooks like Blazing Saddles (not specifically a boy comedy, but really some of those jokes are so guy centric, but still funny stuff).

I liked The Hangover a lot, but I'll take Wedding Crashers and Swingers over it. Another movie that I liked a lot was Old School. That movie was too funny.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I liked The Hangover a lot, but I'll take Wedding Crashers and Swingers over it. Another movie that I liked a lot was Old School. That movie was too funny.

MAAAAAAA! Meatloaf!!!!!!

Loved his cameo in Wedding Crashers.

Jason in LA
06-06-2010, 08:38 AM
MAAAAAAA! Meatloaf!!!!!!

Loved his cameo in Wedding Crashers.

I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan. Movies where he's the lead in I'm not into. But when he has a lessor role or does a cameo the dude is too funny. His cameo in Wedding Crashers was awesome. Dude was crashing funerals and scoring. lol. And I liked him a lot in Old School. But most of the movies that he's the lead in I'm just not feeling.

broncosteven
06-06-2010, 10:42 AM

yup, dead serious.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall was terrible. It took me a good 1/2 day to watch it because I would get board and find something else to do then I would turn it back on because I thought it might get better but it didn't. I think the only reason I didn't stop watching altogether was because the chick was cute.

Steve Prefontaine
06-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Forgetting Sarah Marshall was terrible. It took me a good 1/2 day to watch it because I would get board and find something else to do then I would turn it back on because I thought it might get better but it didn't. I think the only reason I didn't stop watching altogether was because the chick was cute.
Mila Kunis or Kristen Bell?

broncosteven
06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Mila Kunis or Kristen Bell?

Both thought Kunis was hotter in Extract, another movie I thought would be funnier than it was but I liked Extrat more than Hangover and FSM.

Borks147
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
but I liked Extrat more than Hangover and FSM.

Whiskey.Tango.Foxtrot

Dagmar
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Both thought Kunis was hotter in Extract, another movie I thought would be funnier than it was but I liked Extrat more than Hangover and FSM.

When Mike Judge is given free reign on a project it always turns out better than when the studios get involved. See Office Space/King of the Hill vs the shambles the studio turned Idiocracy into, and cut Extract all to hell.

crush17
06-06-2010, 10:41 PM
so like my friends was all you have to see this , it's the funniest movie ever...

I must be getting old or something because it seemed like 2 hours of $hit that would never happen in million years.

Yea there was some funny moments , but random funny moments surrounded by 2 hours of stupid does not make a great movie.

One thing tho i never figured out from the cams pics at the end , how did the one guy end up in the er ?

u mad?

TDmvp
06-06-2010, 10:48 PM
u mad?

U stupid ? ...

I had a opinion and ask a question about how dude ended up in the ER , which normal people replied to and answered and continued the debate.

You have to be borderline retarded if you got mad from all that or you're just one of the many posters that serve no point but to stir the pot and try to start crap in any thread ...

Either way , have fun with that :wave:

Dagmar
06-06-2010, 11:21 PM
U stupid ? ...

I had a opinion and ask a question about how dude ended up in the ER , which normal people replied to and answered and continued the debate.

You have to be borderline retarded if you got mad from all that or you're just one of the many posters that serve no point but to stir the pot and try to start crap in any thread ...

Humor is so subjective it is ridiculous to be angry at someone for having a sense of humor that is different from yours. My wife HATES farce, loves comedy from toilet humor to intelligent comedy. Of course I did consider divorcing her when she didn't like Dr Strangelove so my point is silly. Anyway TDMVP, I know you have a cracking sense of humor so you get :thumbs: from me!

crush17
06-07-2010, 07:56 AM
U stupid ? ...

wow bro calm the eff down. I was joking around anyway.
i can tell why you might not like "The Hangover" - the humor is not really meant for tightly wound douchebags.

jmz313
06-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Seriously, For me.... Hangover is best comedy since There's Something about Mary. I guess its all preferences but to hear some people say, Wedding Crashers is a better Comedy... blows me away. Or Hot tub time machine... please.

Big Lebowski = Average to me though.... wasnt impressed.

bronco militia
06-07-2010, 08:21 AM
what a bunch of fags....wedding crashers is a chick flick.

the hangover kicked ass

MVP-06
06-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Paging Dr. F*****, Dr. F*****

Inkana7
06-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Except Hot Tub Time Machine ****ing blew.

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Seriously, For me.... Hangover is best comedy since There's Something about Mary. I guess its all preferences but to hear some people say, Wedding Crashers is a better Comedy... blows me away. Or Hot tub time machine... please.

Big Lebowski = Average to me though.... wasnt impressed.

I thought that The Hangover was an awesome movie, but I liked Wedding Crashers more.

I don't think that anybody was saying that Hot Tub Time Machine was better. They were saying that one actors performance carried the movie in both films.

mkporter
06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Trust me when I say this. You have to watch Lebowski about 4 times. I know it doesnt make sense, i know movies should be enjoyed the first go around, but that flick is multi layered. By viewing four, youll be laughing your ass off at everything. If not, well then its just not for you. Nothing is for everyone. I cant stand star wars.

QFT. I thought the Big Lebowski was decent the first couple of times that I watched it. After watching it 4-5 times, it became one of my favorite movies ever. Every now and then, when a few friends are over, the evening will turn to, "Let's make Caucasians, and watch Lebowski." Never disappoints.

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 11:51 AM
what a bunch of fags....wedding crashers is a chick flick.

the hangover kicked ass

A movie about guys scoring with a number of hot chicks is a chick flick? Ummm, I don't think that's what women go to the movies to see. I'm assuming you're talking about how the story developed into a love story, which was to bring the women in.

I'd call a movie like Wedding Crashers a date movie. There is a lot there for both men and women. For men it's seeing these guys score with all the hot chicks, and there is a ton of guy humor in it. For women it's the love story aspect. Similar to the Wedding Singer. That movie was really funny, but it's not the movie you go with the guys to see. Take a chick and have a good time.

To take it a step further, Bull Durham. Just looking at the plot that's as chick flick as it gets. But throw in baseball as the backdrop and make it funny as hell and it's a movie that guys can go see. Jerry Maguire was the same thing. Hell, even one of the main story lines in Major League was a love story. For movies to really cash in they have to appeal to both genders.

Miss I.
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
A movie about guys scoring with a number of hot chicks is a chick flick? Ummm, I don't think that's what women go to the movies to see. I'm assuming you're talking about how the story developed into a love story, which was to bring the women in.

I'd call a movie like Wedding Crashers a date movie. There is a lot there for both men and women. For men it's seeing these guys score with all the hot chicks, and there is a ton of guy humor in it. For women it's the love story aspect. Similar to the Wedding Singer. That movie was really funny, but it's not the movie you go with the guys to see. Take a chick and have a good time.

To take it a step further, Bull Durham. Just looking at the plot that's as chick flick as it gets. But throw in baseball as the backdrop and make it funny as hell and it's a movie that guys can go see. Jerry Maguire was the same thing. Hell, even one of the main story lines in Major League was a love story. For movies to really cash in they have to appeal to other genders.

Well it's good to see the men of the Mane really know What Women Want. Perhaps you could consult that Gibson movie as it clearly is so just true about women.

Actually, smart assness aside, to a degree that's true. Though what I would say is that I just like smart comedy, not necessarily needing a romance, I just don't like mindlessly cruel idiot humor most of the time (I do occasionally guffaw at some of the stuff in American Pie though). And for the record I hate Jerry Maguire except for the parts with Cuba Gooding Jr and Regina King. Tom Cruise and Renee Zellewegger have no chemistry and I hate that line about completing me. Please, if you aren't complete without another person you have serious issues. uck. Bull Durham, however, is full of awesome. This is my favorite scene below. (also I happen to agree with him)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sBfdl6hNZ9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sBfdl6hNZ9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncoblue
06-07-2010, 12:44 PM
the hangover is one of fav films of all time..LEGEND MOVIE

bronco militia
06-07-2010, 12:49 PM

To take it a step further, Bull Durham. Just looking at the plot that's as chick flick as it gets. But throw in baseball as the backdrop and make it funny as hell and it's a movie that guys can go see. Jerry Maguire was the same thing. Hell, even one of the main story lines in Major League was a love story. For movies to really cash in they have to appeal to both genders.

IMO, it was a guy movie that turned into a chick flick. There are not many laughs after the 1st half of the movie.

My favorite date movie would be Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Jason in LA
06-07-2010, 01:20 PM
IMO, it was a guy movie that turned into a chick flick. There are not many laughs after the 1st half of the movie.

My favorite date movie would be Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I thought beginning to end Wedding Crashers was funny. Will Ferrel didn't show up until late in that movie.

I wasn't feeling Forgetting Sarah Marshall at all. To each his own.

Irish Stout
06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Except Hot Tub Time Machine ****ing blew.

HOT TUB TIME MACHINE WAS HORRIBLE! It was pure stupidity that they thought would really make people laugh. It had some chuckles but it was just trying too hard to act like it didn't care, that it came off as just retarded.

That and the fact that it ruined itself by f-ing up the drive.

TDmvp
06-07-2010, 02:07 PM
wow bro calm the eff down. I was joking around anyway.
i can tell why you might not like "The Hangover" - the humor is not really meant for tightly wound douchebags.

I am pretty tightly wound my bad , but I like dark humor ...

Bill Hicks funny ...Carrot Top not funny.