Popps
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Puzzle complete.

bronco militia
06-04-2010, 11:18 AM
nice!

bronco militia
06-04-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/10_Blogs/front_eckel_ap_100604.jpg

http://community.post-gazette.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.01.11.72/lombardi_2D00_trophy_5F00_full.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
So THAT'S why we released Brandstater...

So we traded picks to draft Brandstater so we could release him and acquire a FB from...the free agent pool. Got it.

Borks147
06-04-2010, 11:36 AM
isn't this the guy that everyone in the armed services hates because he opted out of his commitment after naval academy?

The Joker
06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.onfocussolutions.co.uk/images/jigsaw.jpg

OBF1
06-04-2010, 11:49 AM

So we traded picks to draft Brandstater so we could release him and acquire a FB from...the free agent pool. Got it.

nice try.... Denver got rid of Brandstater because he is not as good as you think he is. I will send a memo to the front office to make sure they consult with you before any future decisions are made. ROFL!

bronco militia
06-04-2010, 11:52 AM
isn't this the guy that everyone in the armed services hates because he opted out of his commitment after naval academy?

according to wiki he was kicked out of the Navy

dbfan21
06-04-2010, 12:01 PM
:kiddingme

cmhargrove
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM
:lombardi:

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I was actually curious as to why this team never brought on another fullback. It seems to be an important part of the plan (especially this year) and we only had one on roster, and he's a converted LB. Why anyone would bitch about this is beyond me.

Rabb
06-04-2010, 12:29 PM

Good God, get over it already

yerner
06-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Former Patriot. Shocking.

Cmac821
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM

That is a class act McDaniels loves, what the hell?

On top of that Wiki says in 2006 Eckel was charged with two counts of assault-and-battery and one charge of sexual assault, charges were dropped

Dutch
06-04-2010, 01:29 PM
This guy was the two time MVP of the Army Navy game. His dismissal from the Navy is not that unusual with pro caliber athletes from the service academies any more. He was involved in an "incident" in the bar district of Annapolis. Been down that road a couple of times myself. The sexual part is definately a concern, but Josh has a history with this guy. If he is comfortable bringing him in, who the frick am I to argue.

Dutch
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
By the way, Go Navy beat Army....again.

cmhargrove
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Navy fullbacks do a hell of a lot of work out of the Flexbone offense.

The dude should have some skills.

Oh crap, I just solved the puzzle. The flexbone offense is a triple option zone read system with a big ass fullback, a gifted running back, and a running quarterback. The pieces are falling in place for the flexbone to hit the nfl.

What do we call it, the "Pony Bone?"

It's all too clear now!

Kaylore
06-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Oh crap, I just solved the puzzle. The flexbone offense is a triple option zone read system with a big ass fullback, a gifted running back, and a running quarterback. The pieces are falling in place for the flexbone to hit the nfl.

It's all too clear now!

Well done.

crush17
06-04-2010, 03:43 PM
PONY BONE or GTFO!!

cmhargrove
06-04-2010, 03:51 PM

It's all too clear now!

Guess where else they run the flexbone offense?

Tick...tick...tick...

Georgia Tech - sound familiar again?

The pieces are falling in place.

C130Herkload
06-04-2010, 03:52 PM

I like him already.

Pontius Pirate
06-04-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-commissionary_trophy.jpg

Mogulseeker
06-04-2010, 04:36 PM

You cant "opt out" of service after the academy. They give waivers to people like pro athletes and people who make enough money to buy out their contract right after college, which is very few people.

Nevertheless, this kid is a douchebag. He was involuntarily separated from the Navy, and in my experience with friends and other people I knew who were involuntarily separated, the vast majority of the time it usually involves marijuana/cocaine use or mental conditions like depression or PTSD.
http://www.navytimes.com/legacy/new/0-NAVYPAPER-2346524.php

I hate to bring *his* name up, but there is another FB I would have rather had.

Mogulseeker
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
To be fair, I did plenty of things while in the Navy that would have gotten me kicked out had I gotten caught. Most people in the Navy do. It's pretty rigid.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2010, 04:59 PM
You cant "opt out" of service after the academy. They give waivers to people like pro athletes and people who make enough money to buy out their contract right after college, which is very few people.

Nevertheless, this kid is a douchebag. He was involuntarily separated from the Navy, and in my experience with friends and other people I knew who were involuntarily separated, the vast majority of the time it usually involves marijuana/cocaine use or mental conditions like depression or PTSD.
http://www.navytimes.com/legacy/new/0-NAVYPAPER-2346524.php

I hate to bring *his* name up, but there is another FB I would have rather had.

But *he* wasn't really a FB since he wasn't much of a blocker. Nice battering ram tailback though

STBumpkin
06-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I graduated from USNA the year before Eckle. He was in an elective economics class with me and a total douche. Horrible Midshipman and even worse officer. All he cared about at USNA was football and graduated as the anchorman of the class of 2005 (last person in his class). He was fired from every job he ever held on a ship (3 times) and finally separated from service because he was a manpower drain (incompatible with naval service/best needs of the navy). I would normally be all for an academy grad, but I don't want this POS on the Broncos.

Beat Army

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I graduated from USNA the year before Eckle. He was in an elective economics class with me and a total douche. Horrible Midshipman and even worse officer. All he cared about at USNA was football and graduated as the anchorman of the class of 2005 (last person in his class). He was fired from every job he ever held on a ship (3 times) and finally separated from service because he was a manpower drain (incompatible with naval service/best needs of the navy). I would normally be all for an academy grad, but I don't want this POS on the Broncos.

Beat Army

To be fair, people do mature.

STBumpkin
06-04-2010, 05:36 PM
To be fair, people do mature.

If the academy and then 2 years in the Navy doesn't mature you, it won't happen in the NFL.

Mogulseeker
06-04-2010, 05:46 PM
If the academy and then 2 years in the Navy doesn't mature you, it won't happen in the NFL.

If two months in the Navy doesn't mature you, nothing will.

Also, I was harsh in calling Eckel a douchebag. He might have PTSD or something... if it was weed though... I went 5 years without the ganj to avoid getting kicked out, he should have too, if that's why he got kicked out.

But Navy contracts are binding. You can't opt out after graduating. I got an invitation to the Naval Academy, and I turned it down after they slapped that 8-year contract in front of me.

STBumpkin
06-04-2010, 05:50 PM
If two months in the Navy doesn't mature you, nothing will.

Also, I was harsh in calling Eckel a douchebag. He might have PTSD or something... if it was weed though... I went 5 years without the ganj to avoid getting kicked out, he should have too, if that's why he got kicked out.

It wasn't PTSD, he never deployed. He was kicked out literally because he wouldn't work.

The normal commitment is 5 years, 8 for pilots, 6 for Naval Flight Officers.

MOCRUSH
06-05-2010, 06:00 AM
It wasn't PTSD, he never deployed. He was kicked out literally because he wouldn't work.

The normal commitment is 5 years, 8 for pilots, 6 for Naval Flight Officers.

Douchebag about covers it.

watermock
06-05-2010, 07:06 AM
McIdiot

Bronco Yoda
06-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Sounds like a quality team sort of guy Yikes!

Dr. Broncenstein
06-05-2010, 08:05 AM
To be fair, I did plenty of things while in the Navy that would have gotten me kicked out had I gotten caught. Most people in the Navy do. It's pretty rigid.

Good thing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy is in place.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-05-2010, 08:56 AM
The Te-Bowne.

oubronco
06-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Well if he's a total douche then why did McD bring him in if he doesn't fit the good guy team first player model

Natedogg
06-05-2010, 10:10 AM
But hes not white!!! Oooohhhhh nooooooo!!!

MOCRUSH
06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Waived/injured 6/18/10 per Denver Post...flush the waste.

Popps
06-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Thus ends the Kyle Eckel era.

Ahhh... the memories...

Killericon
06-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Thus ends the Kyle Eckel era.

Ahhh... the memories...

People will call for his number to be retired, but I'd like to remind them that for all his greatness, Eckel never got us a playoff berth.

Tombstone RJ
06-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Eckel sounds like a class A tool.