PDA

View Full Version : Brandstater released

BroncoSojia
06-04-2010, 10:06 AM
http://twitter.com/VicLombardi

The first QB drops. Broncos have released Tom Brandstater

Archer81
06-04-2010, 10:07 AM
This should make Mock's day. We now have the legally required 3 QBs rather than 4.

:Broncos:

Kaylore
06-04-2010, 10:09 AM
http://i28.tinypic.com/21b1768.jpg

Los Broncos
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
McDaniels is killing this team, that's the second all pro QB he's let go.

Dagmar
06-04-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.lifeandtraining.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/NOOOO-1.jpg

Damn you McDaniels!!!

Hercules Rockefeller
06-04-2010, 10:14 AM
F that.

You give up 2 picks for the guy and cut him before his 2nd training camp.

Dagmar
http://images.townnews.com/aurorasentinel.com/content/articles/2009/08/11/sports/local_sports/doc4a820bb198def409362513.jpg

Seriously though, how long till the real first angry post about someone who couldn't beat out Chris Simms being released?

*edit* too late

Smiling Assassin27
Wow. This is pretty telling, considering it's so early.

Kaylore
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
On a side note, we traded up for Brandstater. I don't like that we traded up for someone, even if it was a late round pick, that we ended up cutting. That's the kind of lack of restraint in the draft this FO has shown that annoys me.

I'm not saying it has any kind of long term negative impact, mind you. It just represents a missed opportunity due to a lack of patience.

CEH
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Now Tebow doesn't have to share time and footballs playing catch with the equiptment manager

"Get your own f**ing balls" - Tommy B told Timmy T

Smiling Assassin27
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
On a side note, we traded up for Brandstater. I don't like that we traded up for someone, even if it was a late round pick, that we ended up cutting. That's the kind of lack of restraint in the draft this FO has shown that annoys me.

I'm not saying it has any kind of long term negative impact, mind you. It just represents a missed opportunity due to a lack of patience.

While it's easy to look back and say this, I do agree with the general sentiment that this FO jumps the shark prematurely in many of the moves it makes.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm kinda surprised...whatever though

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2010, 10:22 AM

I agree with the general thought, though most late round picks don't pan out obviously. I'm just surprised they didnt hold on to him longer.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Is it too early to place someone on the PS? Because you have to cut/waive someone before they go on the Practice Squad...

Dr. Broncenstein
06-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Does not compute. Need more input.

Why do we just outright cut this guy? Did we need the roster space?

Traveler
06-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Not surprised he was cut. Just didn't expect it this early. Must not have been showing much improvement during the OTA's.

DarkHorse
06-04-2010, 10:27 AM
We're doomed. He was our only shot at winning a preseason game this year.

no-pseudo-fan
06-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I am not surprised. The number of QB reps is limited. Story should be.....Tim Tebow gets more reps

chawknz
06-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Sigh. Whatever. Just win this damn season.

gyldenlove
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM

I have to agree, the FO have shown a tendency to trade up aggressively and more often than not giving up more value than what was called for. I do understand that cutting Brandstater now gives him an option to land on another roster as well as opens up more reps for the other QBs, this also puts a lid on any talk about trading Orton.

I am not surprised Brandstater was the odd man out, the timing is a bit odd though.

GoBroncos84
06-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Would have preferred to trade him for a draft pick, but this was expected. Hopefully he can make our practice squad

Rabb
06-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Is it too early to place someone on the PS? Because you have to cut/waive someone before they go on the Practice Squad...

that was my initial thought but I also think this FO seems to be showing a tendency to let players go in time to allow them to catch on with someone

my thought is that McD really likes Tommy B, and sees potential and knows he will land somewhere (I bet he is snatched up by Monday) rather than bury the kid on our PS

Miss I.
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
So sad, premature roster reduction. ;D

steeledude
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
McDaniels is killing this team, that's the second all pro QB he's let go.

Well at least he stuck true to his word that he evaluates all draft picks on a two year basis. Oh wait.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Wait until Josina jumps on this.

Or another player.

bronco militia

that was the theme of the 2009 draft....2010 was much better

tsiguy96
I am not surprised. The number of QB reps is limited. Story should be.....Tim Tebow gets more reps

yep. sucks because i liked brandstater, but there really is only so many reps and having 4 QBs in camp is f-ing hard to accomplish.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
yep. sucks because i liked brandstater, but there really is only so many reps and having 4 QBs in camp is f-ing hard to accomplish.

There is 0 reason to go into training camp with only 3 QBs.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
that was my initial thought but I also think this FO seems to be showing a tendency to let players go in time to allow them to catch on with someone

my thought is that McD really likes Tommy B, and sees potential and knows he will land somewhere (I bet he is snatched up by Monday) rather than bury the kid on our PS

If he is going to be "snatched up by monday," then the practice squad was never an option. You have to release the guy before you can put him on the practice squad. If you are trying to stash a developmental guy who would garner significant interest upon release, you have to make up an injury and put him on IR.

CEH
06-04-2010, 10:38 AM
that was the theme of the 2009 draft....2010 was much better

2010 we waited till round 7 to trade away future picks for a slow small CB
Maybe next year none at all

We can only hope

Irish Stout
06-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm hoping this was done as sort of a favor from McD to Tommy B. In the sense that he was saying: "I think you may have the chance to catch on somewhere else where your position with the team would be more secure than it is here. I can cut you now or I can let you hang on into training camp, but my guess is that if I cut you now you will have a lot more luck finding a team."

Otherwise it just seems pretty sudden.

dbfan4life
06-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm hoping this was done as sort of a favor from McD to Tommy B. In the sense that he was saying: "I think you may have the chance to catch on somewhere else where your position with the team would be more secure than it is here. I can cut you now or I can let you hang on into training camp, but my guess is that if I cut you now you will have a lot more luck finding a team."

This makes sense. Chance of him making this team were pretty slim.

elsid13
06-04-2010, 10:43 AM

It has more to do with reps for Tebow and Quinn then doing anyone any favors.

Hulamau
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Does not compute. Need more input.

Why do we just outright cut this guy? Did we need the roster space?

Probably because Josh respsects/likes Tom B and wants to give him as much opportunity as possible to catch on with someone else....

Lets face it, we have plenty of QB competition that just got even more focused. I like Tom B but realistically he wasnt going to play here..

A second reason may well be that Josh feels he has hit a plateau or perhaps a general ceiling? And if so, that fact ( if it is one?) I can imagine may well have been brought out and underscored in the last few weeks of competition?

Could well be that both factors were involved in the cut at this time. I.e. 1.Tommy B was clearly the fourth best option and 2. Josh isn't a a-hole and wants to give him a chance to hook up with another team.

Also , more balls for Timmy now eqwuals quicker growth for him and more serious competition at the QB spot.

Zoobie
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Would have preferred to trade him for a draft pick, but this was expected. Hopefully he can make our practice squad

Are you serious? There is no way in hell anyone would've given up a draft pick for him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Or another player.

"My src @ brncs sez b-statr iz bst evr n cnt be rplcd by frnt ofc. 2 bad 4 mcd he dnt no tlnt. lolz!"

GoBroncos84
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Are you serious? There is no way in hell anyone would've given up a draft pick for him.
Maybe, maybe not. He may have played well enough last preseason to warrant a late round pick from a team who has a qb go down in camp. Not complaining, just saying that is the scenario I had been hoping for

Kaylore
06-04-2010, 10:54 AM
While it's easy to look back and say this, I do agree with the general sentiment that this FO jumps the shark prematurely in many of the moves it makes.

I agree. I'm not saying "OMG WE SHOOD OF DRAFTED SUH!!!111!!!" I'm just saying whenever you sacrifice an opportunity at more players in favor of one player, you better be sure about the player. I haven't looked, but I'm not even sure anyone at the picks we gave up would have made the team. It just represents a lack of prudence that has bugged me about this new regime.

Also this.

DomCasual
06-04-2010, 10:57 AM
So sad, premature roster reduction. ;D

You could almost call it a premature evacuation.

Ray Finkle
06-04-2010, 10:59 AM
I agree. I'm not saying "OMG WE SHOOD OF DRAFTED SUH!!!111!!!" I'm just saying whenever you sacrifice an opportunity at more players in favor of one player, you better be sure about the player. I haven't looked, but I'm not even sure anyone at the picks we gave up would have made the team. It just represents a lack of prudence that has bugged me about this new regime.

wasn't it like a 6th and 7th rounder? meh

tsiguy96
06-04-2010, 11:03 AM
hope he signs somewhere like buffalo where he gets a legit shot to play

Irish Stout
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
hope he signs somewhere like buffalo where he gets a legit shot to play

Maybe he'll join Hillis in Cleveland and bring the Browns back to relevance.

tsiguy96
06-04-2010, 11:05 AM

doubt it, they have delhomme, wallace and mccoy.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Brandstater AND Hillis? The league wouldn't know what to do. Break up the Browns!

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2010, 11:11 AM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ilGGP9BDZs"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ilGGP9BDZs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

OBF1
06-04-2010, 11:12 AM
this is not even a worthy story. The guy had zero chance on making the team unless we traded one of the other QB's on the roster.

montrose
06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Stupid. First, I like Tom and think he has a lot of potential. He has a year in this system and we traded up to get him a year ago. I realize they want to get more reps for Tebow and are doing the nice thing by letting Tom latch onto a team before camp but still, this guy at the least could've been a great candidate for the practice squad. Now that option is gone and a year from now when Orton walks we need at least one new QB to develop after getting zero value for Brandstater.

Awful, awful move.

crowebomber
06-04-2010, 11:13 AM

Terrell Davis and Shannon Sharpe got a chuckle out of your post.

ksBRONCOfan
06-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Maybe Brandstater asked for this release. Perhaps he didn't care to get dropped to the bottom of the depth chart and knew it was a matter of time.

oubronco
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Tebow moves up as Broncos release Brandstater

<!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Mike Klis
The Denver Post (mklis@denverpost.com?subject=The Denver Post: Tebow moves up as Broncos release Brandstater)
<!--date-->Posted: 06/04/2010 10:41:21 AM MDT
<!--secondary date-->Updated: 06/04/2010 10:56:27 AM MDT

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/0604/20100604__BRONCOS_PRACTICE_JL290~p1.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=3041659 ) Broncos quarterback Tom Brandstater was released by the team today, officially moving Tim Tebow to third string. (THE DENVER POST | JOHN LEYBA)

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var requestedWidth = 0; </SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </SCRIPT>Broncos coach Josh McDaniels brought partial clarity to the quarterback situation Friday by releasing Tom Brandstater.
Thus, it's official: Tim Tebow has been promoted to No. 3 quarterback. Even with veterans Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, and the rookie Tebow in the Broncos' quarterback stable, Brandstater's release was surprising because as a second-year player who showed promise in the preseason last year, he was practice-squad eligible.
"I'm learning as you go you can't worry about things you can't control," said Brandstater, a sixth-round pick out of Fresno State last year.
"I've enjoyed my time in Denver. The people were great, the fans were great, they've got a good team coming up. I will still be rooting for them, hopefully (while I'm) with another team."

Hamrob
06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Good deal. Focus on the guys who are going to make the team. We'll carry 3QB's on the roster....whereas in the past, we may have carried 2 w/one on the practice squad.

This means Tebow will get lots of practice and lots of reps during the season. He'll be the Scout team QB.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm surprised they did not at least keep Brandstater through training camp and then try and slip him onto the practice squad.

tsiguy96
06-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm surprised they did not at least keep Brandstater through training camp and then try and slip him onto the practice squad.

i think theres zero chance he ever makes a PS, atleast this season, and the broncos know that.

lostknight
06-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I doubt he makes the practice squad. If he did, he would still be there in the end.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
i think theres zero chance he ever makes a PS, atleast this season, and the broncos know that.

Some team will pick Brandstater up....I bet he makes the roster/practice squad of a team this year.

TonyR
06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
...a year from now when Orton walks...

This is the general line of reasoning with Orton, but thinking about it aren't there two other not-so-unlikely scenarios?
First, Orton could actually be the starter again coming into next year. Tebow could bust and Orton could remain a better option than Quinn. We don't want this to be the case but it's certainly possible.
Second, even if Orton is supplanted by Tebow or Quinn isn't it possible he'd be willing to stick around as a backup? Think about it, how many starting opportunities are going to be available for Orton around the league? Who's going to make a big $ play for Kyle Orton? Anyone? I realize it only takes one team but I think it's just as likely that there's very little interest in him as a starter, particularly if he's mediocre again this year.
Just food for thought.

TheReverend
06-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Actually...

After Tebow passes someone on the depth chart, he steals their soul and their football powers.

Chris Leak narrowly escaped this fate, but competing with Tim for a full season completely drained his powers and left him in the CFL as a shell of his former self.

tsiguy96
06-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Some team will pick Brandstater up....I bet he makes the roster/practice squad of a team this year.

yes he will make a roster, not a practice squad, which is what i was getting at.

Man-Goblin
06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I will always look back on the Brandstater era fondly.

Ray Finkle
06-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Terrell Davis and Shannon Sharpe got a chuckle out of your post.

BVP and Chad Plummer waive hello to your post....TD and Sharpe are the outliers, not the norm.

MaloCS
06-04-2010, 11:52 AM
i will always look back on the brandstater era fondly.

LOL :rofl:

no-pseudo-fan
06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Actually...

After Tebow passes someone on the depth chart, he steals their soul and their football powers.

Chris Leak narrowly escaped this fate, but competing with Tim for a full season completely drained his powers and left him in the CFL as a shell of his former self.

Isn't that Mortal Kombat?

dbfan21
06-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Tom had plenty of opportunities to impress during the OTAs and passing camps. He wasn't who they were hoping for. Face it, it's not like Brandstater was going to beat out Orton and Quinn. This move was inevitable.

It's almost relieving in a sense. With Hillis and Brandstater gone, at least we won't continue hearing the incessant droning about how Tom is the next Tom (Brady).

Let's move on with the QB competition!

gyldenlove
06-04-2010, 11:59 AM

It was a 2010 5th rounder and a 2009 7th rounder. The two players we traded away were:

2009 7th round: Zack Follett, LB
2010 5th round: Cam Thomas, NT

gyldenlove
06-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Tom had plenty of opportunities to impress during the OTAs and passing camps. He wasn't who they were hoping for. Face it, it's not like Brandstater was going to beat out Orton and Quinn. This move was inevitable.

It's almost relieving in a sense. With Hillis and Brandstater gone, at least we won't continue hearing the incessant droning about how Tom is the next Tom (Brady).

Let's move on with the QB competition!

I know, getting 4th dips on snaps with the backups makes it so easy to impress.

Paladin
06-04-2010, 12:05 PM
this is not even a worthy story. The guy had zero chance on making the team unless we traded one of the other QB's on the roster.

But, but........ the Mane needs to panic and grouse about something.......

enjolras
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM

In accounting they have a saying "sunk costs are sunk", the idea being that once you've paid for something how much you've paid for it should have no bearing on your decision making. If it's not working, it's not working....

Master___Pain
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Jebus, nearly four pages about a 4th string QB.

Jerry Curl
06-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Or another player.

Double meaning? Nice.

dbfan21
06-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Hey - it's still a matter of him grasping the concepts laid out in the playbook, making the necessary defensive reads, checking down and getting the throws to the receivers on time. Who cares if the WRs catch it? The coaches are looking for leadership in the huddle, poise in the pocket and several other attributes.

dbfan21
06-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Does this surprise you? He was most talked about player with the least amount of playing time.

listopencil
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. The FO doesn't appear to value draft picks. They see picks as tools to get the players they want. That's great if those players work out well, and late round picks are iffy anyway, but it seems like a system that can really bite the team in the ass if/when they misjudge draftees.

listopencil
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM

It's about the loss of yet another player with perceived potential. This is a trend.

Rabb
06-04-2010, 12:24 PM

bull****

Brandy had his shot last year (yes, even as a rookie) in camp, in preseason and after Simms showed how terrible he is...so terrible in fact that they put Orton back into the lineup against SD when he had no business playing on that ankle

don't give me that crap that he didn't have a chance, I like the kid and all but seriously

Drek
06-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Cutting him early doesn't at all mean they don't want to put him on the PS. Its entirely possible that they cut him in a good faith move to let him have the shot at going somewhere else and having a real chance to compete, while letting him know the door to the PS is always open.

Dagmar
06-04-2010, 12:32 PM
It's about the loss of yet another player with perceived potential. This is a trend.

ROFL! Ha! :spit: LOL

Ray Finkle
06-04-2010, 12:35 PM
how this thought....they THOUGHT he had talent, saw that he didn't. Brought in 2 QB's this offseason and dropped him instead of keeping him and putting on the PS....meh again. He is Matt Mauck without the games played.

Broncoman13
06-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Stupid. First, I like Tom and think he has a lot of potential. He has a year in this system and we traded up to get him a year ago. I realize they want to get more reps for Tebow and are doing the nice thing by letting Tom latch onto a team before camp but still, this guy at the least could've been a great candidate for the practice squad. Now that option is gone and a year from now when Orton walks we need at least one new QB to develop after getting zero value for Brandstater.

Awful, awful move.

Relax, he can still find his way onto the PS if nobody picks him up. If he's as talented as some think he'll be picked up in the next couple days.

Broncoman13
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Most of the time I'd agree with your point, but not when you have two first year QBs in this system, one of which is a rookie that will require significant time by himself... Makes all the sense in the world to dump a QB off right now. Quinn and Tebow need those reps and will now receive 30-40% more reps with Brandstater out.

Pick Six
06-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Tebow moves up as Broncos release Brandstater

<!--subtitle--><!--byline-->By Mike Klis
The Denver Post (mklis@denverpost.com?subject=The Denver Post: Tebow moves up as Broncos release Brandstater)
<!--date-->Posted: 06/04/2010 10:41:21 AM MDT
<!--secondary date-->Updated: 06/04/2010 10:56:27 AM MDT

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/0604/20100604__BRONCOS_PRACTICE_JL290~p1.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=3041659 ) Broncos quarterback Tom Brandstater was released by the team today, officially moving Tim Tebow to third string. (THE DENVER POST | JOHN LEYBA)

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var requestedWidth = 0; </SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </SCRIPT>Broncos coach Josh McDaniels brought partial clarity to the quarterback situation Friday by releasing Tom Brandstater.
Thus, it's official: Tim Tebow has been promoted to No. 3 quarterback. Even with veterans Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, and the rookie Tebow in the Broncos' quarterback stable, Brandstater's release was surprising because as a second-year player who showed promise in the preseason last year, he was practice-squad eligible.
"I'm learning as you go you can't worry about things you can't control," said Brandstater, a sixth-round pick out of Fresno State last year.
"I've enjoyed my time in Denver. The people were great, the fans were great, they've got a good team coming up. I will still be rooting for them, hopefully (while I'm) with another team."

Ok. That's funny. Can you actually say you've been promoted to #3, if there are only 3 quarterbacks? :spit:Ha!

Jesterhole
06-04-2010, 12:50 PM
News Flash. McDouchebag wastes picks on projects. He also doesn't like talented probowlers on his roster.

Pseudofool
06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
It just represents a missed opportunity due to a lack of patience.I think it says more about their scouting then their patience.

INbronco
06-04-2010, 12:53 PM
In retrospect we picked up Brandy when all we had behind the starter was Simms. Even cutting him now, it made sense to have backup plans back then because Mcd wasn't sure what he had (bird in the hand...). Probably means Mcd has a LOT more confidence in his QB crew now and we just don't need him anymore. Does give Brandy a lot more time to get picked up by someone and that's got to be good for him. I think it reflects the strong position at the QB. We're just moving forward.

HEAV
06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Hell since no one else has done so yet...
:tebow:

yerner
06-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Sports politics.

elsid13
06-04-2010, 01:09 PM
There is no PS in the summer. Either he part of the 80 man roster or not, so don't expect him back.

Dutch
06-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Just caught this on NFL radio on Sirius. According to the blerb, we signed a running back and Tom was cut to make room. Didn't catch the dude's last name as I was in traffic with the top down on the Jeep. Sounded like it started with an "E".

crush17
06-04-2010, 01:18 PM
HAEY GUYZ PRACTICE SQUADZ...

I seriously cannot believe some of you are about to cry over this. Montrose, you especially.

Lets get a grip here.

Dutch
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Signed veteran Fullback Kyle Eckel according to the Broncos website and NFL.com. Played for the Patriots in '07 & '08.

bowtown
06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Good deal. Focus on the guys who are going to make the team. We'll carry 3QB's on the roster....whereas in the past, we may have carried 2 w/one on the practice squad.

This means Tebow will get lots of practice and lots of reps during the season. He'll be the Scout team QB.

This.

This is about getting your 3 best guys as many snaps as possible. It's too hard with 4 guys. I liked the promise T$ showed, but if the coaches feel like the other 3 are better, then let's move forward with them and give them the most opportunities possible.

Now, to Kaylore's point about the draft, I couldn't agree more. I still think this FO has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to the drafts and have given up too much on numerous occasions... even if these were late round picks, it's just another example.

Sir_Robin
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
It takes a lot of things into consideration and we always look at it on a two-year scale because we understand that rookies, when they come in that first year, have a lot to learn and to be able to get up to speed and play at this level, sometimes it takes them a full year. We always look at it on a two-year projection and where he's going to be at after two years.

How's that work again?

oubronco
06-04-2010, 01:54 PM
It was a 2010 5th rounder and a 2009 7th rounder. The two players we traded away were:

2009 7th round: Zack Follett, LB
2010 5th round: Cam Thomas, NT

Thomas would've been nice in hindsight

bowtown
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
How's that work again?

They clearly have a new rookie that they feel has more promise, and and want to give him more snaps so that he has the oppertunity to develop more quickly than if there were 4 QBs on the roster. If Tebow really did already pass T$ as the #3, then realistitcaly Brandstater was not going to get the time or snaps needed in training camp to continue to develop much at all or impress anyone enough to stay on the team, and all the while he would be taking away snaps from the 3 stronger players.

And for those compaining about how we didn't keep him to show him off and get some value, how often does a 4th string QB even get to play in preseason games? They don't, and if they do, it's in like the last 5 mintues of the 4th quarter, hardly enough to convince another team to take a flyer.

I don't really see how this is a big deal at all; UNLESS McDaniels is not being objective about Tebow's true potential... I'm still kind of worried about that.

Doggcow
06-04-2010, 02:04 PM
News Flash. McDouchebag wastes picks on projects. He also doesn't like talented probowlers on his roster.

Yeah, ****, all of those 7th round picks always bust out and make it in the NFL. WTF IS MCD DOING WASTING 7TH ROUND PICKS ON DEPTH AT A POSITION WHERE WE DESPERATELY NEED IT! IDIOD!

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:07 PM
How's that work again?

LOL

That is good stuff. This move really doesn't matter much though. I find it funny that certain posters question releasing a crap player that would never see the field but then get real upset when some of us question giving up pro bowlers.

crush17
06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
jhns chiming in to talk some Cutler. again.

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:22 PM

Nah, just laughing at the stupidity of the mane. Marshall is also a pro bowler we gave up.

bronclvr
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
“The reps have been dwindling, and to try to continue to keep a guy in a loop where he can be a competitive player on your team with very few reps, it’s hard to do,” McDaniels said. “I didn’t say (Brandstater) wasn’t a fit, we’ve just got three guys who are a better fit than he is.”

“Tom is going to go somewhere else and have an opportunity to make a career for himself,” he continued. “Certainly nothing that he did was negative or bad, it just wasn’t quite as good as the other guys. That’s the NFL.”

Way to go Josh!

OABB
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Nah, just laughing at the stupidity of the mane. Marshall is also a pro bowler we gave up.

By gave up, you mean trade right? You understand that the nature of a trade does not involve giving up. it's a trade of perceived equal value. Obviously you are doing your usual" I don't react emotionally while I react emotionally" stuff again jhnzstain.

Kaylore
06-04-2010, 02:28 PM

No doubt. He can't fit enough of that guy's balls in his mouth.

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Didn't he come out like two weeks ago talking about how he has had 4 QBs before and there are pleanty of reps to go around? Maybe he should just stop talking to the media until he makes up his mind about stuff.

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
By gave up, you mean trade right? You understand that the nature of a trade does not involve giving up. it's a trade of perceived equal value. Obviously you are doing your usual" I don't react emotionally while I react emotionally" stuff again jhnzstain.

Ummm, a trade means you gave something up for something in return. Look it up. Doing the usual stupid while acting stupid stuff again huh?

crush17
06-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Maybe you should go eat a giant turd sandwich.

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
No doubt. He can't fit enough of that guy's balls in his mouth.

What can I say, they are huge. Maybe the diabetes made them swell up.

OABB
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Ummm, a trade means you gave something up for something in return. Look it up. Doing the usual stupid while acting stupid stuff again huh?

I think some of Cutler's jihz has lodged itself in the logic center of your brain.

Or is this another attempt at your brilliant humor?

like that time you thought you were so clever by saying the bears didn't use a first for Cutler.

Marshal was traded for perceived equal value. You can argue that if you would like, but using terms like "gave away" shows that you are irrational and biased and a pile of jhiz socks.

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I think some of Cutler's jihz has lodged itself in the logic center of your brain.

Then school me. How do you make a trade without giving something up? You can't really be this dumb.

Kaylore
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Most people colloquially equate giving something up to surrendering something and getting nothing in return. Of course you're just changing the argument to semantics so you can pretend you were "sort of" right all along, you bloated piece of brain puke.

OABB
06-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Then school me. How do you make a trade without giving something up? You can't really be this dumb.

I'm not dumb. I'm am smart enough not to argue Semantics with my intellectual inferior either.

You know what you meant. We all do, don't try and bitch out on a technicality again. It is lame and sad.

You are a biased little **** and if you were half as clever as you fancied yourself than this might be fun for me but in truth it's boring.

I am not going to get trolled by a simpleton.

You are not a rational person like you think, you argue out of emotion.

That is fine for most, but your attempt at trying to fool all of us is tiresome to all of us so just let it go o.k.?

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Most people colloquially equate giving something up to surrendering something and getting nothing in return. Of course you're just changing the argument to semantics so you can pretend you were "sort of" right all along, you bloated piece of brain puke.

Well I changed my wording from gave away for nothing to appease you crybabies. If I really wanted to say we gave them away for nothing, I have no problem doing it. Check some other threads. I guess I will just go back to that.

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm not dumb. I'm am smart enough not to argue Semantics with my intellectual inferior either.

You know what you meant. We all do, don't try and b**** out on a technicality again. It is lame and sad.

You are a biased little **** and if you were half as clever as you fancied yourself than this might be fun for me but in truth it's boring.

I am not going to get trolled by a simpleton.

You are not a rational person like you think, you argue out of emotion.

That is fine for most, but your attempt at trying to fool all of us is tiresome to all of us so just let it go o.k.?

Did you really just tell me to let it go? You are the ones crying about it. I don't have a problem with my wording.

OABB
06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Well I changed my wording from gave away for nothing to appease you crybabies. If I really wanted to say we gave them away for nothing, I have no problem doing it. Check some other threads. I guess I will just go back to that.

How about you just use your "megabrain" to have normal arguments instead. You constantly do what you say you hate and you think none of us see it. I know this is an internet forum and all, but you are very transparent.

and did I mention a huge Douchebag?

OABB
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Did you really just tell me to let it go? You are the ones crying about it. I don't have a problem with my wording.

It's not your wording jhiz, it's your constant "I'm an intellectual who argues with facts and no emotion, but I constantly troll and try and argue semantics like a huge douchebag and i am completely and OBVIOUSLY upset and over emotional." that bothers people.

just thought you should know.

BlaK-Argentina
06-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Good luck to Tom, he seemed like a cool guy. Obviously McD didn't agree with whoever said he was our best choice.

I hope he kicks ass somewhere else. (not as much as our QB though)

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
How about you just use your "megabrain" to have normal arguments instead. You constantly do what you say you hate and you think none of us see it. I know this is an internet forum and all, but you are very transparent.

and did I mention a huge Douchebag?

What exactly do I say I hate?

Paladin
06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Because his posts never pass the smell test......Maybe Tebow could give jhns' brain a shower and some deoderant...

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
It's not your wording jhiz, it's your constant "I'm an intellectual who argues with facts and no emotion, but I constantly troll and try and argue semantics like a huge douchebag and i am completely and OBVIOUSLY upset and over emotional." that bothers people.

I don't get what you are saying. I know I am pissy about Cutler, Marshall, Nolan, and certain moves like trading future firsts. Does it really seem like I try to hide it?

You are the ones that get caught up on a single word and can't talk about the subject of the post. How is it that I am off base for explaining that you are just being an idiot when you do that? Especially when what I said was not wrong, even when it is just semantics. Maybe you shouldn't act that way if you don't want others to do it back.

jhns
06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Because his posts never pass the smell test......Maybe Tebow could give jhns' brain a shower and some deoderant...

See, the entire board is filled with attention whoring drama queens. Half of this guys posts are this. It is funny when old pissy guys act like women.

oubronco
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
After Friday's practice, McDaniels said it had become clear that the team needed to release Brandstater now to enable Orton, Quinn and Tebow to get more work in practice. Even in a passing camp, with four quarterbacks there were not enough repetitions to go around.
"With the way practice was going and the repetitions, we felt like it was clear now and was time for us to make the decision to not try and get everybody reps," McDaniels said.

"I thought this day would come at some point where we'd eventually end up going down to three, but we have seven practices, six now, to try to really work with the three that are left on the roster and give them the attention that they've earned."
Brandstater will be placed on waivers, which means any interested teams can try to claim him. If he is not claimed, he will be a free agent.
"I'm learning as you go you can't worry about things you can't control," said Brandstater, a sixth-round pick out of Fresno State last year. "I've enjoyed my time in Denver. The people were great, the fans were great, they've got a good team coming up. I will still be rooting for them, hopefully (while I'm) with another team."
In Friday's two-hour practice, the battle was down to two quarterbacks. Only Quinn and Tebow participated after Orton was among a group of nearly 30 veteran players given the session off.
Without Orton and Brandstater, Quinn and Tebow each got significant time in the huddle, and both were able to take repetitions in 7-on-7 and full team drills.
"You're going to get more reps, just being fewer guys. That's just part of the game I guess," Tebow said.
Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com (ljones@denverpost.com)

Miss I.
06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
See, the entire board is filled with attention whoring drama queens. Half of this guys posts are this. It is funny when old pissy guys act like women.

Really like women? Does that mean they are intelligent and provide thought providing analytical insight into team development? Or that they are strong bastards who can put up with the crying of a loud child and respond with strength and determination, then fine. But if you mean something else, then please do use the actual description of that behavior.

As for the actual topic of the thread, I am fairly neutral and not surprised after the selection of Tebow and Quinn of the decision to cut Tom. Am surprised it came this soon, but if the others are stronger contenders so be it.

jhns
06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
But if you mean something else, then please do use the actual description of that behavior.

Sorry, that was insulting women for no reason. I will think of something new next time. Especially since it is only the guys that seem to act that way here.

bombay
06-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Don't know why people don't just ignore giant douchebags.

Kaylore
06-04-2010, 04:35 PM

The irony is myself and many others wouldn't have a problem with and would even agree with some of what Jhiz says, but he turns everyone off to him so utterly with his constant grandstanding and annoying arrogance. He's such a complete tool that if he told you the sky was blue you'd begin to doubt it just because he said it was so (all the while insisting that he knows more about the sky than anyone and everyone around him stupid.) It's like "right or wrong, someone needs to punch that man in the balls."

Hogan11
06-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Don't know why people don't just ignore giant douchebags.

The board experience vastly improves when one starts using the ignore feature. Nothing upsets trolls and aholes quite like being totally and utterly ignored.

It's a beautiful thing.

As for Brandstater, this is no big deal as he never had a real chance to begin with. File under "meh"

Dagmar
06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
the board experience vastly improves when one starts using the ignore feature. Nothing upsets trolls and aholes quite like being totally and utterly ignored.

It's a beautiful thing.

As for brandstater, this is no big deal as he never had a real chance to begin with. File under "meh"

^5

eddie mac
06-04-2010, 05:05 PM
5 pages for a cut. You'd think it actually was someone we'd released.

OABB
06-04-2010, 05:08 PM
The irony is myself and many others wouldn't have a problem with and would even agree with some of what Jhiz says, but he turns everyone off to him so utterly with his constant grandstanding and annoying arrogance. He's such a complete tool that if he told you the sky was blue you'd begin to doubt it just because he said it was so (all the while insisting that he knows more about the sky than anyone and everyone around him stupid.) It's like "right or wrong, someone needs to punch that man in the balls."

It just goes to show that personal relationships aren't much different than interwebzy ones. If you are grating and annoying it will make people not like you regardless of intelligence or whatnot. It would be nice if alot of douches here thought a little bit more about being friendly from time to time.

Not that I will, of course. My doucheness is charming in many ways.

listopencil
06-04-2010, 07:27 PM
ROFL! Ha! :spit: LOL

So you don't think Brandy showed potential, or you don't think the Broncos have lost several players that have showed potential? Or did you drop acid and are tripping on the smileys?

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I liked what I saw from Brandstater last training camp, but if anybody saw him play at Fresno State, he was never NFL starter material.

bombay
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I liked what I saw from Brandstater last training camp, but if anybody saw him play at Fresno State, he was never NFL starter material.

Agree.

ZONA
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
McD is the one at practice every day watching these guys, not us. If he saw that Brandstater was clearly the guy at the bottom, it probably shows that he wasn't getting it done. He had 1 entire year to learn and if he's still not playing or practicing better then a rookie QB (Tebow) and an under achieving newcomer (Quinn) then it was probably a good thing to let him go.

Well, at least we know Orton is not going anywhere. Not that I want him as the long term answer but it looks more and more like he's going to be the starter yet again, while Quinn learns the system and Tebow learns the NFL.

theAPAOps5
06-04-2010, 08:47 PM
With the ignore feature and the Firefox add on I don't have to read the dog **** that jhns posts its glorious. I love that add on more and more.

scorpio
06-04-2010, 09:22 PM
http://thesocialpath.typepad.com/.a/6a00e0099496db8833010536319d86970c-500wi

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

DBroncos4life
06-04-2010, 10:22 PM
He must not been apart of the two year plan. :giggle:

_Oro_
06-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I'll go ahead and be first to call it.

Tim is the next Tom.

FireFly
06-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Not surprised he was cut. Just didn't expect it this early. Must not have been showing much improvement during the OTA's.

First of all, I called it.

In response to the above post and lots of others, I think it says that McD sees better long term potential in his other 3 and that he wanted to give branstater a legit chance of going somewhere else.

Beyond that, it means more snaps for the other 3.

Good move imo

montrose
06-04-2010, 11:08 PM
HAEY GUYZ PRACTICE SQUADZ...

I seriously cannot believe some of you are about to cry over this. Montrose, you especially.

Lets get a grip here.

I just think it was a bad move, I guess McDaniels and Xanders were bound to make one eventually...:wiggle:

Mr. Trout
06-04-2010, 11:11 PM
6 pages on Brandstater?? geez.

TheReverend
06-04-2010, 11:14 PM
6 pages on Brandstater?? geez.

^

Bronco Yoda
06-05-2010, 01:14 AM
He should have stopped texting Hillis and maybe he'd still have a job.

listopencil
06-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Oh by the way-

Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2852842#post2852842)
You come into camp after having 20 months in the system and still don't know the playbook like Brandstater has this year and it doesn't look good. Dude is a missed opportunity.

Really? I haven't seen anything about him not knowing the playbook. That's disappointing, I thought he was supposed to be a fairly intelligent guy. To the point of the thread, isn't this what everyone expected? Orton, Quinn, Tebow in that order on the depth chart. We had Orton, Simms, Brandy. As I see it, Simms sucked so we dumped him and got Quinn in to back up Orton. At that point we had Orton, Quinn, Brandstater. Pretty much an obvious starter, a "vet" back up and a "potential" guy. Then we were able to draft Tebow, a "potential" guy with more potential. So now we get Orton, Quinn, Tebow. Same as last year with all three spots upgraded. Our starter has a year in the system and should improve. Our back up has a bigger upside. Our third stringer has more potential. Sounds to me like McD made some good moves. Setting up the franchise to be stronger at the position immediately, and taking the necessary risks to improve down the road.

watermock
06-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Idiot.

Watch.

The Moops
06-05-2010, 07:34 AM
More like, 140 posts on Brandstater . . . about 11 on Stan Jones passing.

Sad.

Cito Pelon
06-05-2010, 07:52 AM

THere's only so many PS slots available. If the reasoning is he's not all that good, plus he can get a chance to hook onto someone's 53, then why keep him for a potential PS slot when they may want to keep some other player for the PS?

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. 3 QB's is plenty for TC, since the more reps Quinn and Tebow get, the better. You don't need 4 QB's for TC, come on.

Listening to the radio brainiacs, they're saying Orton is so far ahead of Quinn and Tebow it's like night and day.

Bronco Yoda
06-05-2010, 07:55 AM
What happened to the plan of breaking one of his fingers and putting him on IR.

Hamrob
06-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I would say that this puts an end to the question concerning a possible trade of Orton.

If we were going to trade Orton or were considering it...we wouldn't have cut Brandy.

Thus, Orton's the guy for 2010.

elsid13
06-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Maybe people will now understand how meaningless preseason performances are.

colonelbeef
06-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I would say that this puts an end to the question concerning a possible trade of Orton.

If we were going to trade Orton or were considering it...we wouldn't have cut Brandy.

Thus, Orton's the guy for 2010.

Don't count Quinn out yet.

hambone13
06-05-2010, 10:03 AM
In retrospect we picked up Brandy when all we had behind the starter was Simms. Even cutting him now, it made sense to have backup plans back then because Mcd wasn't sure what he had (bird in the hand...). Probably means Mcd has a LOT more confidence in his QB crew now and we just don't need him anymore. Does give Brandy a lot more time to get picked up by someone and that's got to be good for him. I think it reflects the strong position at the QB. We're just moving forward.

This is one of the most logical posts in this thread. Good work.

HAT
06-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Don't count Quinn out yet.

:rofl:

Dedhed
06-05-2010, 11:21 AM

There's even less reason to go in with 4 when you have 1 who is clearly not a part of the future and you have another who needs as much work as possible.

KipCorrington25
06-05-2010, 11:59 AM
It might have been nice to keep him around in case of injury, it's only a matter of time before Orton sprains an ankle.

oubronco
06-05-2010, 12:24 PM
:rofl:

Dude your response and avatar go hand in hand :rofl:

Dagmar
06-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Signed by the Colts.

BroncoBuff
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Signed by the Colts.

Yup ... we're gonna regret this move.

jebures
06-07-2010, 04:22 PM

indeed

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Kaylore
06-07-2010, 04:38 PM

They have Curtis Painter on their roster already. He's more likely to make it than Brandstater. I will say this: The Colts know their QB's.

Tombstone RJ
06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Signed by the Colts.

Which means he'll never play. He's fifth on their depth chart behind Manning and 3 complete nobodies. If Brandstater can't make it with the Colts when they have no one behind Manning then he's probably not going to make it anywhere...

gyldenlove
06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
They have Curtis Painter on their roster already. He's more likely to make it than Brandstater. I will say this: The Colts know their QB's.

They have room for 3 QBs, Manning, Painter and Brandstater.

Tombstone RJ
06-07-2010, 04:54 PM

Hilarious!

Dagmar
06-07-2010, 05:09 PM

Oh Buff. Oh dear. :rofl:

Caveat Lector
06-07-2010, 05:27 PM
If I get this right, Brandstater was passed over by 30 other teams to get claimed by the Colts. Yep, he was in high demand...

Dagmar
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
If I get this right, Brandstater was passed over by 30 other teams to get claimed by the Colts. Yep, he was in high demand...

So that'll be 30 teams that will live to regret this eh Buff?

broncos-rock
06-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Whats the over/under on how long it takes to start a new thread on this?
I say less than 60 minutes.......

TonyR
06-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Really? But if Detroit signed him it would be no big deal, right?

pdaddy
06-07-2010, 08:38 PM

29 right? Broncos released him, so they weren't in the mix on the waiver wire.

strafen
06-07-2010, 11:53 PM

Wasn't Orton also available when we gave him his tender?
I didn't see ANY NFL team even inquiring about him.
It's all about needs. At this point everybody is set at QB.
Indy just happen to have an open spot.

Brandstater will actually have a chance to compete to be Manning's back-up, also according to Schefter. Not bad.
Just because McDaniels released him, doesn't mean we need to throw the guy under the bus as it usually tends to be the case around here whenever a player gets release/cut/traded....

He's gotta be thrilled to have the opportunity to learn from one of the best QB's ever to play the game, as opposed to be learning from Orton! ROFL! LOL

Taco John
06-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I just got back from a four day hike and missed this news while I was out.

This sets up an interesting dynamic, because it limits Josh's options. There's no way that either Brady Quinn or Kyle Orton would be happy with a third string role (At least I have a hard time imagining it). I had thought that carrying Brandstater served as a sort of fall back position in the event one of these Journeymen have to be moved. This apparently won't be the case.

I would think then, that the chances that Tebow even moves up to #2 spot are pretty slim. That would be like adding dynamite to a fragile quarterback situation.

chrisp
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM
I accept that trading up to get Brandstater and then lettign him go a year later does smack a little of knee-jerkiness, but I think we need to get a sense of perspective here:

1) There is no way in hell the Broncos could have known they would be drafting Tebow (or even trading for Quinn) when that move was originally made. They DID know they had just lost Cutler though...a year down the line and things change

2) its not like we traded a first for the guy - any 7th-round draft pick is PERMANENTLY on the bubble from the day they get drafted, especiially a 3rd-string QB

Its true that McDaniels has shown a slight tendency to impersonate a drunk sailor on wages day with his draft picks, but Shanny was accused of exactly the same thing - I'm sure its true of any coach to an extent. You do deals, if they come off you're a genius, if they don't you're an idiot. Its all a gamble at the end of the day.

I for one WOULD be concerned if we were giving up on Ayers, Moreno, Quinn or Smith based on average or below-average rookie perfoermances, but a 7th round draft pick? Naaaahhh.....relax

Don't forget, guys get cut and re-signed all the time - just becuase we cut him doesn't mean to say we think he's a complete waste of space. If he doesn't catch on anywhere and then one of our QBs gets injured I bet you he's back with the team before you can say "mcdanielsiskillingthisteam" :pimp:

BroncoBuff
06-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Interesting how many people took me seriously ... ::)

But honestly ... Brandstater could be the next Jim Sorgi.

watermock
06-08-2010, 03:51 AM
I accept that trading up to get Brandstater and then lettign him go a year later does smack a little of knee-jerkiness, but I think we need to get a sense of perspective here:

1) There is no way in hell the Broncos could have known they would be drafting Tebow (or even trading for Quinn) when that move was originally made. They DID know they had just lost Cutler though...a year down the line and things change

2) its not like we traded a first for the guy - any 7th-round draft pick is PERMANENTLY on the bubble from the day they get drafted, especiially a 3rd-string QB

Its true that McDaniels has shown a slight tendency to impersonate a drunk sailor on wages day with his draft picks, but Shanny was accused of exactly the same thing - I'm sure its true of any coach to an extent. You do deals, if they come off you're a genius, if they don't you're an idiot. Its all a gamble at the end of the day.

I for one WOULD be concerned if we were giving up on Ayers, Moreno, Quinn or Smith based on average or below-average rookie perfoermances, but a 7th round draft pick? Naaaahhh.....relax

Don't forget, guys get cut and re-signed all the time - just becuase we cut him doesn't mean to say we think he's a complete waste of space. If he doesn't catch on anywhere and then one of our QBs gets injured I bet you he's back with the team before you can say "mcdanielsiskillingthisteam" :pimp:

Incredible how these whores suck.

for one WOULD be concerned if we were giving up on Ayers, Moreno, Quinn or Smith based on average or below-average rookie perfoermances, but a 7th round draft pick? Naaaahhh.....relax

Smith, Quinn, Ayers and Moreno were dull. next.

watermock
06-08-2010, 04:01 AM
I don't even remember the late picks...do you?

Some QB and some reach.

You have to remember we traded 6 starters for crap.

Buy a clue.

The Joker
06-08-2010, 05:05 AM
I don't even remember the late picks...do you?

Some QB and some reach.

You have to remember we traded 6 starters for crap.

Buy a clue.

What is remembering but retained information learned in the past?

McDummy panicked when he picked Van Pelt.

You can't spell crap without cap Bowlen is obviosuly straining.

Tim Curry should of never been in that film.

TheReverend
06-08-2010, 06:07 AM
29 right? Broncos released him, so they weren't in the mix on the waiver wire.

No, 30. They'd be 31st in the order having lost the SB, so he already took into account Denver's non-interest.

BroncoBuff
06-08-2010, 06:15 AM
No, 30. They'd be 31st in the order having lost the SB, so he already took into account Denver's non-interest.

Saints would've taken him, too ... Colts beat 'em out.

watermock
06-08-2010, 06:23 AM
What is remembering but retained information learned in the past?

McDummy panicked when he picked Van Pelt.

You can't spell crap without cap Bowlen is obviosuly straining.

Tim Curry should of never been in that film.\\

Idiot, every pick is chosen.

SAhanan's last 3 drafts were good.

The Joker
06-08-2010, 07:11 AM
\\

? ;

Choices are subjective, the best remedy is turquoise.

Do you take drugs Danny?

chrisp
06-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Incredible how these whores suck.

Smith, Quinn, Ayers and Moreno were dull. next.

Well done - you have surpassed even your own previous high water mark for NOT MAKING ANY SENSE AT ALL - quite an achievement

I'm tempted to ask who exactly you are calling a whore here (me? the players? Mcdaniels? bowlen?) but i must resist that temptation lest I end up grappling with the freudian nightmare that is your stimulant-addled psyche.....

BroncoBuff
06-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Do you take drugs Danny?

efffry day

Dagmar
06-08-2010, 09:33 AM
\\

http://i48.tinypic.com/23roaw0.png

Mr.Meanie
06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Beavis traded 2 firsts for a mdiget corner

Idiot. Moreno is to slow, could have had Mt Cody

stfu! Purchase an indication

Just watch.

errand
06-09-2010, 05:34 PM

...but we traded up into the 6th round where the 250th guy selected isn't any better than the 300th guy selected.

Again the mane never fails to disappoint. A 4th string RB isn't playing is worth a 10,000 post thread...and now a 10 page thread on a Johnny-Neverwillbe QB that got cut. Hilarious!Hilarious!