PDA

View Full Version : pac 10 to expand to 16 (including colorado?)

Pages : 1 [2]

Man-Goblin
06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Colorado will be the first to officially announce a move today at noon.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-06-10/colorado-set-announce-move-pac-10

So, this makes the Big 11 the Big 12, the Big 12 the Big 10 and about to be the Big 4, and the Pac 10 the Pac-11. Got it?

**** em up, **** em up, go CU.

My buddies and I have planned a trip to the CU-Cal game this year. I wonder if it will still be played that week or later in the conference schedule?

Either way, the Pac-10 has way cooler places than the Big XXII to go for road trips.

titan
06-10-2010, 09:52 AM
another confirmation:

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-06-10/colorado-set-announce-move-pac-10

Good news for the Buffs!

Mountain Bronco
06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
ESAD?

By the way, I think this is all positive for my alma mater - CSU. With KU and KSU free falling, the most likely conference they fit into is the MWC... So all this movement will likely destroy the BCS as we know it, but also makes it more likely that the MWC will become a BCS conference, even if it is a weaker one.

MWC will not be a BCS conference. Adding KU and KSU is like adding a steaming pile of fresh dog crap to your stale cow paddies.

Man-Goblin
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM

So, this makes the Big 11 the Big 12, the Big 12 the Big 10 and about to be the Big 4, and the Pac 10 the Pac-11. Got it?

My buddies and I have planned a trip to the CU-Cal game this year. I wonder if it will still be played that week or later in the conference schedule?

Either way, the Pac-10 has way cooler places than the Big XXII to go for road trips.

The noon thing was in there, but they took it out. Tools.

Jens1893
06-10-2010, 10:00 AM

CU wonīt start playing in the Pac X until 2012.

Irish Stout
06-10-2010, 10:10 AM
MWC will not be a BCS conference. Adding KU and KSU is like adding a steaming pile of fresh dog crap to your stale cow paddies.

Really? Wow. You must be a CU grad.

hookemhess
06-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I think he's referring to the arrogant attitudes of those programs and their respective fanbases.

Arrogance or just being real? Texas/OU has flat out dominated the Big-12 for the last decade and change.

enjolras
06-10-2010, 10:20 AM
http://www.pac-10.org/genrel/061010aaa.html

enjolras
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Arrogance or just being real? Texas/OU has flat out dominated the Big-12 for the last decade and change.

2001 baby:)

Jens1893
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Official confirmation from the Pac 10 conference

http://www.pac-10.org/genrel/061010aaa.html

bronco militia
06-10-2010, 10:24 AM
rose bowl bitches!!

Kid A
06-10-2010, 10:27 AM
rose bowl b****es!!

Resurrect the Nebraska - CU game in Pasadena in a few years? Probably a long-shot right now, but it would be ironic.

bronco militia
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Resurrect the Nebraska - CU game in Pasadena in a few years? Probably a long-shot right now, but it would be ironic.

I was thinking the same thing....maybe both teams will be back to running the option by then.

;D

Master___Pain
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I am all for it staying like it is. If something has to change then I could see Texas, TTU, Baylor, OU, OSU, and A & M going to the Pac-10. CU would get left out but should join the Mountain West. Give the Big 12 automatic BCS bid to the Mountain West who could also pick up Boise State and Utah. Having said all that I hope it stays like it is.

Or not.

Loving the way this played out.

BroncoLifer
06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
As a Buff alum and fan, this is a great day. I couldn't live with a reality where we were left behind in favor of Baylor.

Houshyamama
06-10-2010, 11:16 AM

no one here cares that you're from Texas, no one here likes Texas

oubronco
06-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Colorado will be bottom feeders in the pac 10

Doggcow
Welcome to the Party Colorado!

I might take a Roady down to see a game there every other year :)

bombay
A big **** YOU to ken starr.

Doggcow
06-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Hey, don't worry, my Cougars have been having some epically ****ty 1/2 win seasons the past couple years.

However, Baseball and Basketball we're pretty damn good.

Oh and Womens Rugby, won the National Championship.

Houshyamama
06-10-2010, 11:21 AM

The should be able to compete with the Washington teams and UA, but they will definitely struggle.

Master___Pain
06-10-2010, 11:28 AM

Right....cause UCLA, UO, OSU, UW, Wazzou, UofA, ASU, CAl and Standford have been so dominant. By the time 2012 rolls around CU will most likely have a new coach, USC will have been dealing with a two year bowl ban, Lane Kiffin and the loss of 20 scholarships. Not saying that CU will be a power house, but they will be able to hold more than their own.

CU has struggled these last 5 years, no doubt. Worst stretch in CU's football history.

It's funny how quickly people forget about how UT, OU, SC and other traditional powers struggled within in just the last 20 years. The Buffs will do just fine in the Pac whatever it ends up being.

Man-Goblin
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM

The hope is that the extra money the new conference and network will bring in will allow them to compete. Of course, there's no guarantee that they will spend the money on athletics, or specifically the football and basketball programs.

Rohirrim
06-10-2010, 11:30 AM

As long as Hawkins is the coach. It wasn't too long ago that USC was in the crapper. Things change.

Rohirrim
06-10-2010, 11:31 AM
The hope is that the extra money the new conference and network will bring in will allow them to compete. Of course, there's no guarantee that they will spend the money on athletics, or specifically the football and basketball programs.

They'll use it to create new Marxist philosophy and political correctness professor positions. :pity:

NFLBRONCO
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM

If they spend money on a legit HC things can change. Yeah right now we would be bottom feeders in Pac 10. Its up to CU to make program a higher priority we'll find out.

Man-Goblin
06-10-2010, 11:41 AM
If they spend money on a legit HC things can change. Yeah right now we would be bottom feeders in Pac 10. Its up to CU to make program a higher priority we'll find out.

Mike Leach in 2011 please and thank you.

Kid A
06-10-2010, 11:53 AM

It was a no-brainer move by CU given everything surrounding the decision, but it's going to be tough sledding in football in that conference if the Texas/Oklahoma contingent join you. Pretty much looking at playing the Big XII South (minus Baylor) plus a couple teams from the Pac-10. Which means Texas and OU every year, plus USC or Oregon some years. CU, to their credit, has never been scared to schedule anyone, so this won't change that any.

Man-Goblin
06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
It was a no-brainer move by CU given everything surrounding the decision, but it's going to be tough sledding in football in that conference if the Texas/Oklahoma contingent join you. Pretty much looking at playing the Big XII South (minus Baylor) plus a couple teams from the Pac-10. Which means Texas and OU every year, plus USC or Oregon some years. CU, to their credit, has never been scared to schedule anyone, so this won't change that any.

If they go to 16, I wouldn't be surprised if they split it into 4 divisions and rotate the rest of the schedule like the NFL does. I don't see them breaking up a division of Texas, OK, OKst and A&M, so CU could luck out and end up in a division with Ariz, ArizSt, and Texas Tech.

Mountain Bronco
06-10-2010, 12:12 PM
CU has been bottom feeders for the past few years in the big 12 anyway, not sure that changes much. They can hopefuly pick things up in years to come. Not like ASU or WSU are real powerhouse programs either.

TexanBob
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I love the idea of four divisions but it doesn't really work because there are too many rivalries. Now, that I think about it, if you tell Texas Tech that it's price for joining is to be lumped in a division with UA, ASU and CU, I can see this working:

Northwest Division:
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
Washington St.

California Division:
California
Stanford
UCLA
USC

Mountain Division:
Arizona
Arizona St.
Colorado
Texas Tech

Southwest Division:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Texas A&M

Football schedules could be three games within division, four games in one rotation division, one game each against opponents of the two other divisions leaving two games for outside-the-conference opponents.

Might work but there will be much wailing and moaning in Lubbock.

Kid A
06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I love the idea of four divisions but it doesn't really work because there are too many rivalries. Now, that I think about it, if you tell Texas Tech that it's price for joining is to be lumped in a division with UA, ASU and CU, I can see this working:

Northwest Division:
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
Washington St.

California Division:
California
Stanford
UCLA
USC

Mountain Division:
Arizona
Arizona St.
Colorado
Texas Tech

Southwest Division:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Texas A&M

Football schedules could be three games within division, four games in one rotation division, one game each against opponents of the two other divisions leaving two games for outside-the-conference opponents.

Might work but there will be much wailing and moaning in Lubbock.

I could also see them making scheduling agreements that keep people happy. For instance, if they go to four four team divisions, obviously one of the Big XII south teams gets seperated.

But, because you now have only 3 division opponents locked in for every year (unlike the Big XII, where you had 5 annual opponents), you could assign 1 or even 2 out of division opponents that are still scheduled for every year. So, using the list you made, TT would play division opponents UA, ASU, and CU every year plus Texas every year. That's still just 4 games, leaving 4 or 5 more games from around the Pac-16 to alternate every year.

TexanBob
06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Of course, you'd *have* to have a post-season playoff with four divisions and there is talk among the Pac-10 that they STILL don't want a conference championship game.

NFLBRONCO
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Oh yeah its a no brainer for CU. Your right it will be tough sledding for CU with this conference. Right now I'm not concerned with tough teams we will face I'm concerned with Univ of Colo commitment to having a good program again. I want them to pony up cash to have a legit staff and get a real coach to run program and upgade equipment etc. Paying what we do is a awful and Hawkins type coaches will never upgrade this program.

TexanBob
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Kid, it makes more sense to not make such special arrangements for Tech. They're the ass in this dog-and-pony show and if they don't like it that can run off to C-USA.

They still get Texas and A&M every three years.

TheChamp24
06-10-2010, 12:39 PM
The 4 team, 4 divisions would basically have to be implemented, but then how do you work out the conference championship? Would the one with the best record in conference get a #1 seed slot, second best #2, etc. and 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3 and the winners play for the conference championship? Adds another game to the schedule.
Or just have 2 8 team divisions, playing your division plus 2 games from other division, leaving 3 out of conference games. Winners of the divisions meet for the conference championship.

TexanBob
06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Personally, I don't think the regents in Boulder *want* a good football program. It embarrasses them. It's too warlike and it draws those eeeeeeeeeeevilllllll fundies like McCartney to Boulder and they just can't tolerate that. But I'm sure the regents are in hog heaven thinking they can do drugs with the regents in Berzerkley now.

Man-Goblin
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
The 4 team, 4 divisions would basically have to be implemented, but then how do you work out the conference championship? Would the one with the best record in conference get a #1 seed slot, second best #2, etc. and 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3 and the winners play for the conference championship? Adds another game to the schedule.
Or just have 2 8 team divisions, playing your division plus 2 games from other division, leaving 3 out of conference games. Winners of the divisions meet for the conference championship.

It would make the most sense to take the team with the top record out of the 2 divisions that play each other each year. That way, you guarantee you don't get a rematch in the conf. champ. game.

Jens1893
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
aTm in Berkeley would be a complete riot.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Personally, I don't the regents in Boulder *want* a good football program. It embarrasses them. It's too warlike and it draws those eeeeeeeeeeevilllllll fundies like McCartney to Boulder and they just can't tolerate that. But I'm sure the regents are in hog heaven thinking they can do drugs with the regents in Berzerkley now.

you're a special kind of moron, you know that?

A good football program brings tons of money to a university. Tons. And as much as you want to think that the people of boulder are all mindless twats, they're not. They know -- as well as you -- that a good football program brings in dollars to the U. They know that a good football program pays for strong academics.

Bohn might be a moron, but his failings aren't because he doesn't want a good football program. You may not agree with the administration of the school, but your absurd attacks are beyond retarded.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Personally, I don't the regents in Boulder *want* a good football program. It embarrasses them. It's too warlike and it draws those eeeeeeeeeeevilllllll fundies like McCartney to Boulder and they just can't tolerate that. But I'm sure the regents are in hog heaven thinking they can do drugs with the regents in Berzerkley now.

It's a 5-4 R majority

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
It's a 5-4 R majority

That sort of factual information has no place in a debate with TexanBoob.

Pick Six
06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
aTm in Berkeley would be a complete riot.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Thanks for bringing in some much needed humor to this depressing situation unfolding...:thumbs:

titan
06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Looks like A&M is getting some resistance from the pac10 loyalists :-)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTbc98uqofI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTbc98uqofI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dagmar
06-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I read on another message board that the pac-16 should be renamed the SMAC.

Super

Mega

Awesome

Conference

!Booya!

Natedog24
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM

Super

Mega

Awesome

Conference

!Booya!

Sick, someone email Larry Scott stat! :rofl:

Doggcow
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Super

Mega

Awesome

Conference

!Booya!

That would be awesome.

GIVIN COLLEGE FOOTBAL THE SMAC-DOWN

TexanBob
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Bohn might be a moron, but his failings aren't because he doesn't want a good football program.

Quick question. Who's your head football coach? LOL

jhns
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
I keep hearing that it may turn into 4 super conferences. If that happens, who are the other 4 teams that would join the Big 10? I know they really want Notre Dame as one.

Kid A
06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Lol wut?

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

24champ
06-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Looking forward to the CU vs UCLA football game in Westwood in the future.

Which UCLA will win by 3 TD's.

BroncoBuff
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Looking forward to the CU vs UCLA football game in Westwood in the future.

Which UCLA will win by 3 TD's.

Yeah ... kinda like 7 years ago when we dusted you there?

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3850&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=23641

Dagmar
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3850&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=23641

Zing!!!
^5

TheChamp24
06-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I am almost positive Oklahoma can't go anywhere without Oklahoma State, so any rumor with them going anywhere, Ok State has to be able to go. And this isn't about just because of the in-state rivalry/etc. but state legislation. I could be wrong though, but I doubt it.

Jens1893
06-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Los Angeles is the new Texas, Casey. They feel theyīre better than everyone else.

BroncoBuff
06-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Los Angeles is the new Texas, Casey. They feel theyīre better than everyone else.

Especially the SC people ... worse fans anywhere. There's an elitist, socio-economic kind of snootiness to them.

Sometime I'll tell you how I almost got out of a car in the middle of a freeway to escape one, or how an LA Superior Court judge talked trash to me right there in court. I know Texas fans, I know Nebraska fans, I know Oklahoma fans, and you're right Jens ... USC fans make them all look classy.

24champ
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM

It's the Slick Rick Era baby!

U$C is crumbling and UCLA is rising.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sports_impact/2008/10/rick-neuheisel.jpg

enjolras
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
All fans of other teams suck...:)

My business partner is a big UT guy. I get to constantly hear about how:

Oklahoma
Nebraska
Florida
Alabama
anyone who has ever beaten texas ever

are all cheaters.

enjolras
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM

What's the over/under before he runs off leaving a trail of recruiting violations and a dead-panned program in his wake?

24champ
06-10-2010, 03:19 PM
What's the over/under before he runs off leaving a trail of recruiting violations and a dead-panned program in his wake?

He only did it to one program.

The Washington scandal was overblown, which he sued for wrongful termination and won.

Master___Pain
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Slick Rick is a giant bag of doosh. UCLA fans will realize this soon enough.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Based on what? A seven-win season and a bowl win over Temple?

I like Neuheisel and the job he's done recruiting so far, but he hasn't done anything on the field in two years.

DomCasual
06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
If, like me, you have taken a perverse pleasure in the pain Baylor has brought on themselves in all of this, peruse the tidbits here: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/breakingnews/Colorado-joins-PAC-10-Conference.html.

There's a lot of carnage on that page, and it's all fairly pleasurable.

I never thought much about Baylor before all of this. But I really don't like them much now.

24champ
06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Based on what? A seven-win season and a bowl win over Temple?

I like Neuheisel and the job he's done recruiting so far, but he hasn't done anything on the field in two years.

Team is improving from where it was 2 years ago. Remember it wasn't easy for Carroll in his first season at U$c, going 6-6 and losing the LV Bowl. The goal is obviously defeating U$C and going to Rose Bowls. Slick Rick is recruiting quite well, with UCLA is getting top 10 recruiting classes. It's just a matter of putting the talent together.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Team is improving from where it was 2 years ago. Remember it wasn't easy for Carroll in his first season at U$c, going 6-6 and losing the LV Bowl. The goal is obviously defeating U$C and going to Rose Bowls. Slick Rick is recruiting quite well, with UCLA is getting top 10 recruiting classes. It's just a matter of putting the talent together.

Carroll also had an Orange Bowl win and a Heisman trophy winner by the end of year two.

I am a UCLA fan. I like what Neuheisel is doing, but his on-field performance is not much different than what Karl Dorrell did. There's no certainty that the Bruins will even crack the top five of this year's Pac Ten standings.

bombay
06-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Ken starr is an albatross around baylor's already useless neck.

24champ
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I am a UCLA fan. I like what Neuheisel is doing, but his on-field performance is not much different than what Karl Dorrell did. There's no certainty that the Bruins will even crack the top five of this year's Pac Ten standings.

I pretty much agree, but I am encouraged at the type of talent that is coming into UCLA now. I liked Dorrell a lot, and thought he should have been given one more year. At the end of the day, Rick needs to start winning and hopefully that Bowl win (while not prestigious by any means) will get the program going.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just looking forward to a friendly rivalry with the Buff fans on here. Pretty sure I will see Pez at a game in Westwood.

Irish Stout
06-10-2010, 04:13 PM
CU's current state of patheticness can be largely associated to Rick Neuheisal. It amazes me that he keeps getting jobs.... and what I would consider better jobs. He is a hell of a recruiter though.

oubronco
06-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I am almost positive Oklahoma can't go anywhere without Oklahoma State, so any rumor with them going anywhere, Ok State has to be able to go. And this isn't about just because of the in-state rivalry/etc. but state legislation. I could be wrong though, but I doubt it.

Big 12 Break Up: OSU Says Pac-10 Move Is Not 'Done Deal'

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 11:04 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 10, 2010 6:24 PM CDT

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma State University is denying a report that they have already decided to follow Colorado's lead and join the Pac-10.

The University of Colorado announced today its official move to the Pac-10. Other colleges are expected to announce their decision to leave the Big 12 soon.

TMZ published a report claiming Oklahoma State University had already decided to join the Pac-10, but the school issued a statement denying the report. A school spokesman said the school has had no official talks with the Pac-10.

Reports all week have stated at least six Big 12 schools will join the Pac-10, but a new report this contradicts that rumor. KCTV, the CBS affiliate in Kansas City, is now reporting that Texas and Texas A&M have lobbied to join the Big Ten, and OU is seeking acceptance to the SEC.

OKBlitz.com is tracking the latest on conference realignment.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Big 12 Break Up: OSU Says Pac-10 Move Is Not 'Done Deal'

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 11:04 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 10, 2010 6:24 PM CDT

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma State University is denying a report that they have already decided to follow Colorado's lead and join the Pac-10.

The University of Colorado announced today its official move to the Pac-10. Other colleges are expected to announce their decision to leave the Big 12 soon.

TMZ published a report claiming Oklahoma State University had already decided to join the Pac-10, but the school issued a statement denying the report. A school spokesman said the school has had no official talks with the Pac-10.

Reports all week have stated at least six Big 12 schools will join the Pac-10, but a new report this contradicts that rumor. KCTV, the CBS affiliate in Kansas City, is now reporting that Texas and Texas A&M have lobbied to join the Big Ten, and OU is seeking acceptance to the SEC.

OKBlitz.com is tracking the latest on conference realignment.

OSU, OU, A&M, and TT only get invites to the PX if Texas decides to go, so there's nothing for OSU to accept at this point.

Vegas_Bronco
06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Stay put Texas and Oklahoma! Invite ASU, Notre Dame, TCU, BYU, and UTAH in and call it GOD's Conference.

TexanBob
06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
The Waco paper is saying that the Texas-A&M conference today did not end in agreement and that A&M really wants to go the SEC. It sounds like Oklahoma is willing to go wherever Texas goes as long as they get to take Okie St. with them (Deloss Dodds of UT and Donnie Duncan of OU seem tight even though their teams and alumni hate each other).

If both A&M and Oklahoma decide to go to the SEC, can Texas not go anywhere else?

Then there's the possibility of Texas, Tech, Oklahoma and Okie St. going to the PAC without A&M (causing more headaches for the TX legislature) and would Kansas perhaps be the team that replaces A&M?

There's also talk Texas may try to hold together nine schools (ten if Mizzou is rebuffed by the Big 10 and comes slinking back) and inviting two replacements.

Some of this, I'm guessing, is disinformation or wishful thinking but this is far from a done deal at this point (except Colorado - congrats, Buffs).

KipCorrington25
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
If, like me, you have taken a perverse pleasure in the pain Baylor has brought on themselves in all of this, peruse the tidbits here: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/breakingnews/Colorado-joins-PAC-10-Conference.html.

There's a lot of carnage on that page, and it's all fairly pleasurable.

I never thought much about Baylor before all of this. But I really don't like them much now.

Yeah this is great I never thought 2 seconds about Baylor before this week but now I hate them and the funny thing is all the fans of TAMU, UT think of them as total coattail riders and the fans of UH, TCU, SMU, Rice hate them for selling them out for the Big XII so basically everyone hates Baylor and is loving this... Hilarious!:egbgb::curtsey:ROFL!:strong::sunshine:: clown:Ha!:yayaya:^5:kiss:

KipCorrington25
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
CU's current state of patheticness can be largely associated to Rick Neuheisal. It amazes me that he keeps getting jobs.... and what I would consider better jobs. He is a hell of a recruiter though.

It's interesting, the guy gets the guys he wants but the type of guy he recruits I hate, soft, finese type players that aren't mentally tough. Sort of like he's looking in the mirror...

SoCalBronco
06-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Especially the SC people ... worse fans anywhere. There's an elitist, socio-economic kind of snootiness to them.

Sometime I'll tell you how I almost got out of a car in the middle of a freeway to escape one, or how an LA Superior Court judge talked trash to me right there in court. I know Texas fans, I know Nebraska fans, I know Oklahoma fans, and you're right Jens ... USC fans make them all look classy.

Brilliant post. Absolutely brilliant. I ABSOLUTELY ****ING HATE the USC fans. I take great pride in the fact that the fans are suffering. That's the No.1 thing I hate about that program...the soft, garbage, bandwagoning fake arrogance about them. The fan base has been asking for a severe penalty like this for a long time.....and now they got just what they deserved.

Dagmar
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Irish1/Nebraska_Big10_Bound.gif

Kid A
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
This poster on a Northwestern board has had good info for much of this. He reported a few day back the Big Ten was getting hot and heavy with Nebraska, Texas and Notre Dame. He has reported Nebraska has been accepted in (which we all already knew) and dropped this potential bomb tonight:

http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=901&fid=57&style=2&tid=143839427&Page=1

Wow. Update.

Big Ten targeting only Texas and ND as of this afternoon, pending the outcome of A&M's status with the SEC.

Tomorrow will be a big, big day in college sports.

So, he seems to be implying the Big Ten is headed to 14 tomorrow, with Nebraska, Texas, ND being the added three and A&M going their own way to the SEC. If this happens...the $ raining down on the Big Ten will be obscene.

spdirty
06-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Really wish CU would get their thumbs out of their ass and just make athletics a higher priority than academics.

And hopefully the 5 big 12 south teams that matter join the Pac 10.

And hopefully Baylor is forced to join an irrelevant piss ant conference.

spdirty
06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
This poster on a Northwestern board has had good info for much of this. He reported a few day back the Big Ten was getting hot and heavy with Nebraska, Texas and Notre Dame. He has reported Nebraska has been accepted in (which we all already knew) and dropped this potential bomb tonight:

http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=901&fid=57&style=2&tid=143839427&Page=1

So, he seems to be implying the Big Ten is headed to 14 tomorrow, with Nebraska, Texas, ND being the added three and A&M going their own way to the SEC. If this happens...the $ raining down on the Big Ten will be obscene.

Will Notre Dame get some kind of special deal that allows them to keep their NBC contract and all of the money that comes with it? Because if not then it would make no sense for them to go.

oubronco
06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Irish1/Nebraska_Big10_Bound.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kid A
06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Will Notre Dame get some kind of special deal that allows them to keep their NBC contract and all of the money that comes with it? Because if not then it would make no sense for them to go.

Well they would actually make more from the Big Ten's TV deal than the NBC one. The benefits to staying independent really seem to have more to do with the BCS.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/969536.html

Yes, Notre Dame would make more TV money as a member of the Big Ten than it would on its own with its current NBC deal, but remember, the school gets to keep all of its bowl money, it gets more than a million dollars a year from the BCS just by being Notre Dame, and football-wise, there’s no reason the team needs to beat its head against the wall as a fourth-place team in the Big Ten when 10-2 means a BCS bid and 9-3 makes it a 50/50 shot as an independent.

ND bolts to the Big Ten if they feel that several mega-conferences are about to form, leaving the BCS in flux and making them finally feel they need the security of a conference.

spdirty
06-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Well they would actually make more from the Big Ten's TV deal than the NBC one. The benefits to staying independent really seem to have more to do with the BCS.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/969536.html

ND bolts to the Big Ten if they feel that several mega-conferences are about to form, leaving the BCS in flux and making them finally feel they need the security of a conference.

Huh. I thought that NBC deal brought them mega millions. Didnt think about the bowl money.

Just hoping the superconferences form and we are all that much closer to a college football playoff.

My perfect scenario would be to see the big 12 south (excluding baylor) join the Pac, Notre Dame joining the big 10, and the mountain west taking the 4 big 12 North leftovers and the Mountain West adding Boise State, and they take the Big 12s spot in the BCS. Then we get to a playoff.

spdirty
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Let the super mountain west get a deal with NBC. That would be cool.

Williams
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM

As a PSU fan, I would love this. The conference would be a hell of a lot more difficult, but damn would it be fun to watch.

TheChamp24
06-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I seriously don't think some people are considering actual state legislatures in this. For instance, the hole reason Baylor is in the Big 12 is because of the State getting involved.
I highly doubt that the Texas legislature lets Texas leave without taking A&M at least, just like I doubt that Oklahoma legislature lets OU leave without taking OSU.

Play2win
06-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Really wish CU would get their thumbs out of their ass and just make athletics a higher priority than academics.

And hopefully the 5 big 12 south teams that matter join the Pac 10.

And hopefully Baylor is forced to join an irrelevant piss ant conference.

:notthissh

SouthStndJunkie
06-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Huh. I thought that NBC deal brought them mega millions. Didnt think about the bowl money.

Just hoping the superconferences form and we are all that much closer to a college football playoff.

My perfect scenario would be to see the big 12 south (excluding baylor) join the Pac, Notre Dame joining the big 10, and the mountain west taking the 4 big 12 North leftovers and the Mountain West adding Boise State, and they take the Big 12s spot in the BCS. Then we get to a playoff.

The revenue that the Big Ten Network produces right now for each Big Ten team is more than Notre Dame makes from their deal with NBC.

That's why so many teams want to move to the Big Ten....forming their own tv network has proven to be very lucrative and the more teams/viewing area they acquire = even more $$$$.

spdirty
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
:notthissh

Hilarious!

Kid A
06-11-2010, 01:01 AM
As a PSU fan, I would love this. The conference would be a hell of a lot more difficult, but damn would it be fun to watch.

Yeah. If everyone starts going to 14-16 teams, all the conferences are going to be getting deeper and tougher. With ND and Texas in the fold...the match-ups made for TV would be endless: ND-Nebraska, Ohio State-Texas, ND-Texas, Penn State-ND, Nebraska-Michigan...in terms of "names" it would be the top league, and in terms of talent it might start approaching the SEC (if Nebraska, Michigan, and ND can pick it up a little here).

Of course, the SEC could add A&M and/or OU, which would make that an even more insane group.

TexanBob
06-11-2010, 02:55 AM
I could see Texas going alone to the Big 10 if A&M tells them they're headed to the SEC (which it sounds like all they need is the formal invite and a 14th team to join them). If Oklahoma decides to be the 14th team, that makes an SEC on steroids but if the Big 10 adds ND, Texas and Nebraska, their 14 teams are almost as good.

I just don't see how the Longhorns explain that they won't be playing Oklahoma and A&M anymore. It just seems unfathomable that there would be no Red River Rivalry and no Thanksgiving Game. That's like taking away Christmas down here. You'd have a lot of pissed-off fans if that ever went down.

elsid13
06-11-2010, 05:38 AM
I could see Texas going alone to the Big 10 if A&M tells them they're headed to the SEC (which it sounds like all they need is the formal invite and a 14th team to join them). If Oklahoma decides to be the 14th team, that makes an SEC on steroids but if the Big 10 adds ND, Texas and Nebraska, their 14 teams are almost as good.

I just don't see how the Longhorns explain that they won't be playing Oklahoma and A&M anymore. It just seems unfathomable that there would be no Red River Rivalry and no Thanksgiving Game. That's like taking away Christmas down here. You'd have a lot of pissed-off fans if that ever went down.

Those teams still could schedule each other as part of their non-conference schedule, it would just mean they wouldn't start off against Div-IAA schools anymore.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Those teams still could schedule each other as part of their non-conference schedule, it would just mean they wouldn't start off against Div-IAA schools anymore.

Those conference schedules will be difficult enough, you're not going to see any of those teams risk their seasons based on a difficult OOC schedule. I think CU will drop their traditionally tough OOC games too if it ends up being the PAC 16.

elsid13
06-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Those conference schedules will be difficult enough, you're not going to see any of those teams risk their seasons based on a difficult OOC schedule. I think CU will drop their traditionally tough OOC games too if it ends up being the PAC 16.

That true, but I am pointing out there are ways to let the schools go to different conferences and still play each other. At the end of the day, it will come down to money. If the dollars are there, they will play.

lostknight
06-11-2010, 08:07 AM
The PAC-10 will pick up at least 1 (to get the conference championship), if not 3 more. Texas is that one. The aggies are probably headed to the SEC. Nobody seems to want mizozu at the moment. Baylor, likewise is pretty fscked (treats them right for trying to politicize the whole issue).

One way or another, CU did well here.

hookemhess
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
no one here cares that you're from Texas, no one here likes Texas

Sounds like you wish you were from Texas. It's cool, I can understand that. :thumbs:

Arkie
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I seriously don't think some people are considering actual state legislatures in this. For instance, the hole reason Baylor is in the Big 12 is because of the State getting involved.
I highly doubt that the Texas legislature lets Texas leave without taking A&M at least, just like I doubt that Oklahoma legislature lets OU leave without taking OSU.

Texas and Oklahoma would benefit from recruiting in-state if they left A&M and OSU behind.

epicSocialism4tw
06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Sounds like you wish you were from Texas. It's cool, I can understand that. :thumbs:

Texas is an awesome school. Academics, athletics, campus life, city life...that school has it all.

Pick Six
06-11-2010, 12:07 PM

In the same vein, the Nebraska-Colorado game the day after Thanksgiving has always been entertaining. The schools might have to work something out to keep that rivalry game going...

Master___Pain
06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
In the same vein, the Nebraska-Colorado game the day after Thanksgiving has always been entertaining. The schools might have to work something out to keep that rivalry game going...

Won't happen. I'd love to see it happen, but I don't see any way they do with pending expansion especially if this ends up with 16 team super conferences. The in conference games will be tough enough.

Rohirrim
06-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Texas is an awesome school. Academics, athletics, campus life, city life...that school has it all.

Steers and q... what's that other part of the quote?

Hercules Rockefeller
06-11-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/11/2009414/nebraska-bolts-for-the-big-ten.html

Nebraska's gone

Master___Pain
06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Your move Texas and ND.

Kid A
06-11-2010, 12:56 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/11/2009414/nebraska-bolts-for-the-big-ten.html

Nebraska's gone

Good. Wasn't going to be comfortable until it was official. Wonder if anyone will be joining the Huskers...

Kid A
06-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Interesting tidbit from Nebraska Chancellor Perlman's presser.

The Big XII wanted an "unequivocal" public announcement by him about being commited through 2016. Nebraska countered that 1) chancellors change, so what he says isn't written in stone, 2) if they want everyone to be fully committed all the universities would have to sign over the full rights to broadcasting their events to the Big XII (wouldn't you know it, Texas didn't think that was a good idea!).

Also Nebraska plans on playing in the Big Ten in 2011. Wonder how things will work out with CU going to the Pac a year later in 2012.

jhns
06-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Nice, finally getting out of the crap Big 12 North. It would be great if the Big 10 could get some other top teams like Texas and Notre Dame now. Maybe Texas could even get OU and some other Texas schools to follow. I doubt that happens but it is what I want to happen.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Nice, finally getting out of the crap Big 12 North. It would be great if the Big 10 could get some other top teams like Texas and Notre Dame now. Maybe Texas could even get OU and some other Texas schools to follow. I doubt that happens but it is what I want to happen.

SEC will still kick your ass.

jhns
06-11-2010, 01:38 PM
SEC will still kick your ass.

I don't know. There are some competitive teams in the Big 10 and with Nebraska set to win this years national title, it will be hard convincing anyone that the SEC did better.

TheChamp24
06-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Texas and Oklahoma would benefit from recruiting in-state if they left A&M and OSU behind.

It doesn't matter, the STATE can get involved and make them both go together for each school. Again, why do you think Baylor moved in the Big 12 in the first place? State made it so, saying the other Texas schools can't go without Baylor.

Steve Sewell
06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't know. There are some competitive teams in the Big 10 and with Nebraska set to win this years national title, it will be hard convincing anyone that the SEC did better.

Oh, so you're a Nebraska fan? No wonder your forum posts smack of misplaced self-importance, arrogance, stubbornness, and general retardation. It all makes sense now.

jhns
06-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Oops, they will still be Big 12 next year. I meant when they win their second national title in a row in two years....

jhns
06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Oh, so you're a Nebraska fan?

Yes, it does show I am smarter than you. It does also help explain why I am better than you.

Steve Sewell
06-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes, it does show I am smarter than you. It does also help explain why I am better than you.

Nebraska fans claim to be the "classiest and best fans in college football", and are proven wrong time and time again by fans like you. You belong to one of the most self-righteous and obnoxious fan bases in all of college football...which pretty much explains the tenor of your posts on this board regarding the Broncos.

jhns
06-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Nebraska fans claim to be the "classiest and best fans in college football", and are proven wrong time and time again by fans like you. You belong to one of the most self-righteous and obnoxious fan bases in all of college football...which pretty much explains the tenor of your posts on this board regarding the Broncos.

Thank you.

You prove me right with each post.

bombay
06-11-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/06/11/official_ut_tec.html

"Official: Texas, Tech, Oklahoma, Okie Lite to the PAC."

elsid13
06-11-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/06/11/official_ut_tec.html

Interesting that Kansas might be part of the PAC 10 plus, if A&M goes to the SEC.

bombay
06-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Interesting that Kansas might be part of the PAC 10 plus, if A&M goes to the SEC.

I'd like to see it. Of the teams getting the shaft, they seem to be getting it worst.

Kid A
06-11-2010, 05:41 PM

I would like to see that happen for them. Of course, Baylor might have a leg up on the spot.

bombay
06-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I would like to see that happen for them. Of course, Baylor might have a leg up on the spot.

Baylor doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting in the PAC. They bring zero to the table, and employ ken starr.

Durango
06-11-2010, 05:50 PM

I just can't imagine the Pac 10 caving to Texas pressure so early in this transition process. After grudgingly entering the Big 12, Texas granted us all a year or two grace period before whining and complaining about everything from money to scheduling.

Kansas delivers a monumentally better product at every level than Baylor, from academics to a national following in hoops.

Go Jayhawks.

DomCasual
06-11-2010, 05:55 PM

Don't forget that Utah is still flapping around out there. I can't imagine why the PAC-10 would take a seventh or eighth choice in the Big-12 when Utah was apparently one of two teams they were considering before this whole Texas thing fell out.

Kid A
06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I just can't imagine the Pac 10 caving to Texas pressure so early in this transition process. After grudgingly entering the Big 12, Texas granted us all a year or two grace period before whining and complaining about everything from money to scheduling.

Kansas delivers a monumentally better product at every level than Baylor, from academics to a national following in hoops.

Go Jayhawks.

Maybe. Hope it's the Hawks. Remains to be seen if A&M carries through with their ballsy refusal to fall in line.

oubronco
06-11-2010, 06:59 PM
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6333/pac16infos.png

Kid A
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Obviously Tom isn't one to declare a definitive "**** you" to anybody, but this quote pretty much tells the story; any chance of us staying in the Big XII flew out the window as soon as Texass started issuing ultimatums, expecting Nebraska to pledge allegiance.

"We realize that some of the schools that were asking us to stay were (at the same time) talking to not just one conference, but two or three," Osborne said

That being said, I'll really enjoy following the Pac-15/16/whatever. Should one hell of a competition out there.

oubronco
06-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote of the Day!

"The Music Is About to Stop and We Don't Have a ****'in Chair!"

That sums it better than anything else I have seen.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=2&page=1

El Minion
06-11-2010, 07:06 PM

I wonder what the two divisions would be:

Pac-West
USC
UCLA
CAL
STANFORD
WA
WSU
OR
OR State

Pac-East
TX
TxTech
OK
OK State
ARI
ASU
CO
A&M/Utah

Kid A
06-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote of the Day!

"The Music Is About to Stop and We Don't Have a ****'in Chair!"

That sums it better than anything else I have seen.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=2&page=1

Hilarious!

This one was pretty good too:

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=7646708

Hey, we ARE in the Big 10

now that CU and NU have left, there's only 10 left

yeah

Mizzou...after months of talking **** to their friends, they get dumped the night before the prom.

bombay
06-11-2010, 07:21 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/293vozn.jpg (http://i48.tinypic.com/293vozn.jpg)

oubronco
06-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Official: UT, Tech, OU, OSU to the Pac-10, but Aggies “sitting on the fence”
By Kirk Bohls | Friday, June 11, 2010, 03:12 PM

A highly-placed official from a Big 12 school confirmed Friday that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will join the Pac-10 Conference once formal offers are made to them, but said that Texas A&M officials remain on the fence between joining the Pac-10 or the SEC.

“The decision has been made,” the official told the American-Statesman. “We’re bringing everybody to the Pac-10 but A&M.”

The official said the Aggies have a 72-hour timetable to decide whether to accept the Pac-10’s offer. The official also said those formal offers could be made over the weekend.

The Texas board of regents have called an 11 a.m. meeting next Tuesday, and a formal announcement is expected later that day. Regents at Texas Tech also will meet on Tuesday, at 2 p.m.

The official, who has knowledge of Thursday’s meeting in Austin between Texas and Texas A&M officials, said the Aggies are torn about which direction to take. When asked to confirm rumors that A&M president R. Bowen Loftin wants to explore joining the SEC but that Aggies athletic director Bill Byrne wants to go the Pac-10, the official said, “I think you’re 100 percent right.”

Also, the official said, even A&M regents are split. That includes former A&M and Alabama coach Gene Stallings, who is pushing hard for A&M to go to the SEC.

“A&M is sitting on the fence,” the official said.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...=breaking_news (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/06/11/official_ut_tec.html?cxntcid=breaking_news)

Invites will be out over the weekend and it will be announced on Tuesday according to the Statesman newspaper and the Oklahoman and ESPN. Sounds like a total done deal. A&M is being given 72 hours to make up their mind for the PAC-10 and then the door shuts.
<!-- / message -->

epicSocialism4tw
06-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Will the PAC-10 change the name of the conference? PAC-16 doesnt exactly roll off the tongue and wont represent the nature of the conference if Texas and OU join.

They should name it something that has to do with the Westward expansion.

oubronco
06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2825/bigger16.jpg

Carmelo15
06-11-2010, 09:32 PM
If A&M goes to SEC, Pac-10 need another team to fill out their expansion. I wonder who that team will be. My first guess would be Utah. Kansas may have a longshot but I think they go with KState to Mountain West. Also if the Big Ten supposedly doesn't want Missouri I wonder what happens to them? Baylor & Iowa St are screwed haha

Carmelo15
06-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Also if Pac-16 goes 4 pods of 4 rather than two divisions of 8 teams that would be a likely advantage for CU. If A&M comes over, you'll likely have a Texas division joined by Oklahoma. That would leave CU with Arizona, Arizona St, & Oklahoma St. If A&M goes SEC & Utah joins Pac-10, then it'd be CU, Arizona, Arizona St & Utah. With Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, & Oklahoma St playing each other every year.

Vegas_Bronco
06-11-2010, 09:51 PM
How about joining the MWC with the PAC 16 and giving them 3 bowl bids. You can divide the 16 PAC + 10-12 MWC into 3 groups of 8-9 (if Iowa St, Kansas, and Kansas St join) and have a bowl bid for each champion....that would be my vote. You get 8-9 conference games and a conference championship game for each of the 3 sub-conferences. That would be a great way to submerge the playoff system into the current west based conferences.

Top 50 TV Markets Ranked by Households
Designated Market Area (DMA)
TV Households

% of US
1 New York 7,375,530 6.692
2 Los Angeles 5,536,430 5.023
3 Chicago 3,430,790 3.113
4 Philadelphia 2,925,560 2.654
5 Boston (Manchester) 2,375,310 2.155
6 San Francisco-Oak-San Jose 2,355,740 2.137
7 Dallas-Ft. Worth 2,336,140 2.120
8 Washington, DC (Hagrstwn) 2,252,550 2.044
9 Atlanta 2,097,220 1.903
10 Houston 1,938,670 1.759
11 Detroit 1,936,350 1.757
12 Tampa-St. Pete (Sarasota) 1,710,400 1.552
13 Seattle-Tacoma 1,701,950 1.544
14 Phoenix (Prescott) 1,660,430 1.507
15 Minneapolis-St. Paul 1,652,940 1.500
16 Cleveland-Akron 1,541,780 1.399
17 Miami-Ft. Lauderdale 1,522,960 1.382
18 Denver 1,415,180 1.284
19 Sacramento-Stktn-Modesto 1,345,820 1.221
20 Orlando-Daytona Bch-Melbrn 1,345,700 1.221
21 St. Louis 1,222,380 1.109
22 Pittsburgh 1,169,800 1.061
23 Portland, OR 1,099,890 0.998
24 Baltimore 1,089,220 0.988
25 Indianapolis 1,053,750 0.956
26 San Diego 1,026,160 0.931
27 Charlotte 1,020,130 0.926
28 Hartford & New Haven 1,013,350 0.919
29 Raleigh-Durham (Fayetvlle) 985,200 0.894
30 Nashville 927,500 0.842
31 Kansas City 903,540 0.820
32 Columbus, OH 890,770 0.808
33 Milwaukee 880,390 0.799
34 Cincinnati 880,190 0.799
35 Greenvll-Spart-Ashevll-And 815,460 0.740
36 Salt Lake City 810,830 0.736
37 San Antonio 760,410 0.690
38 West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce 751,930 0.682
39 Grand Rapids-Kalmzoo-B.Crk 731,630 0.664
40 Birmingham (Ann and Tusc) 716,520 0.650
41 Harrisburg-Lncstr-Leb-York 707,010 0.641
42 Norfolk-Portsmth-Newpt Nws 704,810 0.640
43 New Orleans 672,150 0.610
44 Memphis 657670 0.597
45 Oklahoma City 655,400 0.595
46 Albuquerque-Santa Fe 653,680 0.593
47 Greensboro-H.Point-W.Salem 652,020 0.592
48 Las Vegas 651,110 0.591
49 Buffalo 644,430 0.585
50 Louisville 643,290 0.584

Arkie
06-12-2010, 10:01 AM
90% of the A&M fans want to join the SEC. They would fit in perfectly with the SEC West. I'm sure the SEC wants a team in Texas too. That would help the entire conference recruit in Texas. Read any SEC forums or go read Texags. You don't have to register. The Aggies are loving all this attention for the first time since forever. They want to get out of Texas's shadow and be the only Texas team in the SEC. Some of them want Texas to follow them to the SEC, but the majority of the A&M fans are tired of being associated with Texas.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.topic.asp?forum_id=5&days=2

Kid A
06-12-2010, 10:10 AM
90% of the A&M fans want to join the SEC. They would fit in perfectly with the SEC West. I'm sure the SEC wants a team in Texas too. That would help the entire conference recruit in Texas. Read any SEC forums or go read Texags. You don't have to register. The Aggies are loving all this attention for the first time since forever. They want to get out of Texas's shadow and be the only Texas team in the SEC. Some of them want Texas to follow them to the SEC, but the majority of the A&M fans are tired of being associated with Texas.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.topic.asp?forum_id=5&days=2

I really hope they do it. Their fight song is all about how much they hate the Horns. Maybe they can actually follow through on that by going on their own instead of playing the little brother role again.

TexanBob
06-12-2010, 11:55 AM
As a Texas alum, I'd rather see A&M go their own way. Really, the football game is the only part of the rivalry that anyone remembers and they can still schedule that as a non-conf like Florida-Florida St. and Georgia-Georgia Tech do.

A&M can forge a new identity in the SEC that's apart from Texas' shadow and it would probably help them recruit in the talent-rich Houston and Beaumont region.

The state of Texas is large enough to dominate two major conferences in football. That's not bragging. That's just how much talent is there if it all stayed at home (much like Florida and California can).

Of course, the Aggies would need to hire some competent coaches first but that's a next step.

I'd rather see Utah join. They'd be a natural rival for Colorado and would make the conference seem less like two halves and more like one whole. Plus, their football and basketball programs are both very competitive.

broncocalijohn
06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Also if Pac-16 goes 4 pods of 4 rather than two divisions of 8 teams that would be a likely advantage for CU. If A&M comes over, you'll likely have a Texas division joined by Oklahoma. That would leave CU with Arizona, Arizona St, & Oklahoma St. If A&M goes SEC & Utah joins Pac-10, then it'd be CU, Arizona, Arizona St & Utah. With Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, & Oklahoma St playing each other every year.

I see the original Pac 8 stinking in one conference and the Arizona teams going with the newbies. Then you have your championship game just like the SEC. I dont like the huge expansion. I am sure in 15 years, it will feel like it has always been there and new rivalries are born but I always thought it would be Colorado and then either BYU, Utah or San Diego State making it Pac 12.

Arkie
06-12-2010, 03:35 PM
As a Texas alum, I'd rather see A&M go their own way. Really, the football game is the only part of the rivalry that anyone remembers and they can still schedule that as a non-conf like Florida-Florida St. and Georgia-Georgia Tech do.

A&M can forge a new identity in the SEC that's apart from Texas' shadow and it would probably help them recruit in the talent-rich Houston and Beaumont region.

The state of Texas is large enough to dominate two major conferences in football. That's not bragging. That's just how much talent is there if it all stayed at home (much like Florida and California can).

Of course, the Aggies would need to hire some competent coaches first but that's a next step.

I'd rather see Utah join. They'd be a natural rival for Colorado and would make the conference seem less like two halves and more like one whole. Plus, their football and basketball programs are both very competitive.

The state of Texas would have a big presence in the SEC and Pac-10. That's better than Florida or Cali. Also, the A&M/Arkansas game would be played at a "neutral" site in Texas for the first 9 years. Arkansas signed a 10-year deal to play Texas A&M at Cowboys Stadium beginning last year.

TexanBob
06-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm toying with the probably unworkable idea of an American Legends Conference.

If money is the real name of the game and people want big tv games with big money and high national tv ratings, imagine a conference with (in no particular order):

Notre Dame
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
USC
UCLA
Pitt
Boston College
Army
Navy
Air Force
one other school TBA

You'd get so many HUGE potential matchups in both football and basketball and tons of money on the table.

I don't think Pitt and BC would be that hard to pry loose from their conferences. USC and UCLA would be a tougher sell but they might do it if they both went together.

The Big 10 and SEC can be left untouched, which is fine. NBC can sign up this new deal to augment their one with Notre Dame and tell me how many eyeballs won't want to tune in if each week if there is a marquee matchup like Notre Dame/USC, Texas/Oklahoma, Army/Navy, USC/UCLA, Notre Dame/Army, Texas/USC, Oklahoma/Notre Dame, Texas/Notre Dame, etc? It literally drips with college football history and national interest.

It would have roots in every time zone. Plus, the money that goes to our service academies will help keep them funded instead of using our tax dollars.

It would be cool if the 12th team was from the South but I don't know who would be a good match that wouldn't want to stay with who they have.

If the Big 12 is crumbling and the Big East may soon follow, this isn't as outlandish as it might seem. Still, it's extremely unlikely and I understand that. I'm just sayin'. If the real point in all this conference realignment is dollars, this conference would be killer and would be the money equal of the Big 10 and SEC, if not better.

oubronco
06-14-2010, 05:03 PM
AUSTIN, Texas (AP)

The Big 12 Conference, which has lost Nebraska and Colorado within the past week, is close to moving forward with its 10 remaining schools, The Associated Press has learned.
A person with direct knowledge of discussions among the Big 12's remaining members said the University of Texas would be clear to set up its own TV network and keep all proceeds in exchange for remaining in the Big 12. The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because nothing has been finalized, stopped short of flatly predicting the league would survive, adding that details were still being worked out.<MODULE-TITLE itxtvisited="1"></MODULE-TITLE itxtvisited="1">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 itxtvisited="1"><!-- cellspacing for IE6 --><TBODY itxtvisited="1"></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END CONTENT --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>fsMedia.launchInlineFlash(".fs-table");</SCRIPT>

"Something could still happen," the person said Monday afternoon.

The fate of the conference born in 1996 when the Big 8 merged with four members of the Southwest Conference has been at risk for days, and Texas emerged as the key to the Big 12's survival when Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-10) decided to leave over the next two years. The Pac-10 has courted Texas and other Big 12 South Division schools, while Texas A&M reportedly expressed interest in going to the Southeastern Conference barring a better offer.

Both Texas and Texas A&M are now leaning toward staying in the Big 12, the person told the AP.
"Everybody is feeling much more confident the Big 12 is going to survive," the person said. "Everybody's going to be making more money."

Big 12 officials have told member schools that the loss of the Denver television market and Nebraska would not weaken the league's negotiating position with TV networks as much as feared, the person said.

Texas, the biggest and most lucrative of the Big 12 members, has been the pied piper in the league discussions, with other schools seemingly ready to line up behind the Longhorns once the school decides where it wants its cash cow football program to compete.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe has reportedly told his remaining members that new television deals with a 10-team league would give league revenues a huge boost. Beebe did not return messages seeking comment Monday.

Texas A&M has represented another wild card, with school officials meeting with Pac-10 and SEC officials in recent days. If the Aggies are serious about leaving for the SEC, no matter what Texas and the others decide, would that prompt the Longhorns, Sooners and the rest to decide the Big 12 is not worth saving with only nine members?

Texas A&M regent Gene Stallings said Monday he wants the Big 12 to survive and would vote to keep the Aggies in the league if they don't get a much better offer. Stallings told The Associated Press that keeping the Big 12 together "would tickle me to death."

Stallings coached Alabama to a football national championship in 1992. He has said that if Texas A&M does move, he'd rather see the Aggies go to the SEC than the Pac-10, but his comments Monday suggested that would be a last resort.

Regents at Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have scheduled meetings Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss conference allegiances. Stallings says he expects Texas A&M regents to meet later this week.

The Kansas Board of Regents on Monday lobbied its counterparts in Texas and Oklahoma to keep the Big 12 alive, sending a letter that said a 10-member league would be "extremely viable."
<!-- esi: /module/HTMLIFRAME/20027/14470662/24/0/0?pageTypeId=300--><!-- Story Page Promo Placeholder -->

<!--Here is the SNAP comments on the page bottom-->

oubronco
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
The Big 12 Conference, which has lost Nebraska and Colorado within the past week, is close to moving forward with its 10 remaining schools, according to multiple media reports.

Based on a TV deal in the works that could pay upwards of $25 million per year, Texas is leaning toward staying in a 10-team Big 12 for the foreseeable future, Orangebloods.com has reported, citing sources familiar with negotiations.

Millions of Reasons

Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma would reportedly each receive at least
$20 million annually from a new Big 12 TV contract, comparable with what the top conference deals pay now.

<TABLE><THEAD><TR><TH>BCS conference</TH><TH>Amount of contract</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=last><TD>Big Ten</TD><TD>$242 million</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>SEC</TD><TD>$205 million</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Big 12</TD><TD>$78 million</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>ACC</TD><TD>$67 million</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Pacific-10</TD><TD>$58 million</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Big East</TD><TD>$33 million</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Texas was meeting Monday with the other remaining nine schools in the Big 12 about a TV deal included in a plan put together by Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe that would keep the league intact with its current programs, according to multiple reports.

Texas stands to earn between $20 million and
$25 million annually in television revenue in the reworked deal, including money from its own network, according to Orangebloods.com.

"Things are trending in a favorable direction for the Big 12 today," a Big 12 athletic director with direct knowledge of the negotiations told The New York Times on Monday. "It looks like Texas is getting ready to commit to the Big 12.

"They're going to make a long-term commitment and basically accept the Beebe television proposal."

The Longhorns network figures to generate between $3 million and $5 million, according to the Orangebloods.com report. Because the Big 12 has unequal revenue sharing, the deal will mean more money for Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma, who all would receive at least $20 million annually from the new deal.

"Everybody is feeling much more confident the Big 12 is going to survive," a person with direct knowledge of discussions told The Associated Press. "Everybody's going to be making more money."
<SCRIPT language=Javascript type=text/javascript>(function() {var podplayer = new flashObj(), a = document.createElement('audio'), aId = 'audio'+Math.ceil(Math.random()*1e10);podplayer.fl ashFile = "http://a.espncdn.com/swf/espnradio/09/audio_player_circular_v2.swf";podplayer.flashVars = "&soundLink=http://c.espnradio.com/audio/353732/353732_2010-06-14-180041.32.mp3";podplayer.width = "86";podplayer.height = "70";podplayer.scale = "noorder";podplayer.salign = "lt";podplayer.wmode = "transparent";podplayer.allowScriptAccess = "Always";podplayer.allowNetworking = "All";podplayer.DenyIEdl = "TRUE";podplayer.FlashVer = 8;podplayer.cabVersion = "8,0,0,0";podplayer.altTxt = 'Play Podcast';podplayer.ID = "flashPodcastSwf";podplayer.render(true);jQuery('#'+aId).live('clic k', function(e) {if(!!(a.canPlayType && a.canPlayType('audio/mpeg;').replace(/no/, ''))) {e.preventDefault();jQuery(this).replaceWith('<audio src = "http://c.espnradio.com/audio/353732/353732_2010-06-14-180041.32.mp3" controls style = "width: 250px;"></audio>');}});})();</SCRIPT>Chip Brown expects the Big 12 to announce a major TV deal that will include $20 million guaranteed for Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. In addition, Texas will start its own network and Colorado and Utah will move to the Pac-10.

Big 12 officials have told member schools that the loss of the Denver television market and Nebraska would not weaken the league's negotiating position with TV networks as much as feared, the person said.

The other seven schools in the Big 12 would make between $14 million and $17 million, doubling what they currently receive in TV revenue.

At least four of the Big 12 schools' board of regents are meeting early this week -- Texas and Texas Tech on Tuesday, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State on Wednesday -- to discuss the schools' conference affiliations. Missouri's board held meetings over the weekend, after which school officials publicly pledged their loyalty to a 10-team Big 12. The Kansas Board of Regents on Monday lobbied its counterparts in Texas and Oklahoma to keep the Big 12 alive, sending a letter that said a 10-member league would be "extremely viable."

"The musical chairs will stop," the athletic director told The Times of a possible announcement.

Texas A&M has represented another wild card, with school officials meeting with Pac-10 and SEC officials in recent days. If the Aggies are serious about leaving for the SEC, no matter what Texas and the others decide, would that prompt the Longhorns, Sooners and the rest to decide the Big 12 is not worth saving with only nine members?

Texas A&M regent Gene Stallings said Monday he wants the Big 12 to survive and would vote to keep the Aggies in the league if they don't get a much better offer. Stallings told The Associated Press that keeping the Big 12 together "would tickle me to death."

Stallings coached Alabama to a football national championship in 1992. He has said that if Texas A&M does move, he'd rather see the Aggies go to the SEC than the Pac-10, but his comments Monday suggested that would be a last resort.

Stallings says he expects Texas A&M regents to meet later this week.

Earlier Monday, ESPN reported the departure of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the Pac-10 was "imminent," citing four sources within the Big 12.

A source told ESPN's Joe Schad that Texas president William Powers Jr. was taking a "global view" of the landscape, excited about the importance of aligning his school with research opportunities and academic reputations of schools in the Pac-10.

But clearly being able to come at least close to the Pac-10 financial projections, while being able to still launch a network, may have swayed Powers to change his mind.

The source within the Big 12 said Beebe's plan was "gaining traction" with Powers as he worked through Beebe's projections to determine if they compare financially with the Pac-10 proposal.
Part of those Big 12 projections would likely include "adjustments" from television partners as well as future contracts that were more on par with the contracts of other conferences, the source said.

BroncoMatt
06-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Texas says no to Pac 10
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/texas-turns-down-invitation-to-join-the-pac10.html

hookemhess
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM

I only fear that A&M to the SEC would entice blue chip TX recruits to goto A&M so they can play the likes of Florida, Bama, Tenn., LSU, etc.

Texas Ex? What year?

epicSocialism4tw
06-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Texas says no to Pac 10
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/texas-turns-down-invitation-to-join-the-pac10.html

Ha!

Get that weak stuff out of here!

BroncoLifer
06-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Breaking news on ESPN -- UT, OU, A&M, OSU staying in the Big 12.

epicSocialism4tw
06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Breaking news on ESPN -- UT, OU, A&M, OSU staying in the Big 12.

They should just invite TCU and Boise State or Arkansas and call it a day. That would make the Big 12 better off than they were before.

SpringStein
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
So now the Big 10 has 12 teams and the Big 12 has 10 teams.

Makes sense to me. :thumbsup:

TexanBob
06-14-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm glad they are staying together. The only school I thought that would have bettered themselves was A&M. If Texas can negotiate their own tv deal, why not invite Notre Dame to join them and offer them the same deal?

The Irish are great for any conference - national presence, huge fan base and coaches who couldn't coach a dog to bark. What's not to like?

Then there would be those Notre Dame-Baylor "holy wars". Good times!

Arkie
06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Some powerful people made sure the Pac-16 didn't happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5286816

In an unprecedented move, a number of influential people inside and outside of college athletics mobilized over the past week to save the Big 12 Conference, stave off the Pac-10's move to expand to 16 schools and prevent a massive reorganization of college athletics.

An NCAA source with direct knowledge of what occurred told ESPN.com that the aggressiveness of the Pac-10 caused various factions of the collegiate sports world to coalesce. They then worked to slow and try to stop the pace of moves that would have left a number of schools searching for a new conference home.

The source said the people involved were business executives, conference commissioners, athletic directors, network executives with ties throughout college athletics, administrators at many levels throughout the NCAA membership and a "fair number of them without a dog in the hunt."

According to the source, this collection of interested and influential people made phone calls, visited in person and held conference calls with the Big 12 schools that were being pursued, including Texas, as well as Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe. The influential group also helped broker the new television deal between Texas (and the other schools considering leaving the conference) and Beebe, who represented the remaining Big 12 schools.

According to the source, there was a growing sense that the Pac-10 was taking an approach inconsistent with the best interests and values of the schools impacted, both positively and negatively.

Late Monday, Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott said that Texas had rebuffed the league's invitation to join the conference. Soon after, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State announced they would remain in the Big 12. That meant the Big 12 wouldn't dissolve despite the fact Nebraska left for the Big Ten and Colorado left for the Pac-10. Several details remain, but Texas president William Powers Jr. told Scott "the 10 remaining schools in the Big 12 Conference intend to stay together."

Scott reportedly was promising a Pac-10 network that had to include Texas to be a formidable option for cable providers in the Southwest and West Coast. The Pac-10 will negotiate a new television contract in 2012 and now must approach the talks as an 11-team league (as currently situated) or a 12-team league (if the Pac-10 opts for another member like Utah out of the Mountain West).

The 10 remaining Big 12 schools reviewed a plan prepared by Beebe that reportedly will produce increased television rights and the chance for each school to have its own network, something Texas is interested in. Orangebloods.com reported that the new TV deal would pay Texas $20 million to $25 million annually from the league deal and its own network.

The Big 12 will have an unequal revenue plan and that means Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M would likely earn more revenue. And if the figures are all correct, the remaining Big 12 schools would still double their television revenue to $14 million to $17 million annually.

"The Big 12 sticking wasn't a miracle,'' said the source. "There have been a number of people who were involved -- a number of seriously key people -- unrelated to the conference who will never be known to have helped get things on track.''

The Pac-10 was looking to invite Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech to join Colorado for a 16-team league. A&M was trying to get interest from the SEC. There was some early interest from the school, but no formal offer from the SEC.

The five schools without suitors -- Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State and Baylor -- were pushing to keep the league together. They were all advised to not dissolve the Big 12 if the others left in order to collect money due the league, including exit fees and NCAA tournament payments.

The decision by Texas to stay with the Big 12 slows down what was rumored to be widespread conference expansion. Now, the only moves finalized are Nebraska to the Big Ten (giving it 12 teams), the Pac-10 adding Colorado (going to 11 teams) and the Mountain West adding a 10th team (Boise State). All three are expected to begin play for the 2011-12 school year, though Colorado's status hasn't been finalized.

Colorado, Nebraska and Boise State all have had their respective runs in football -- the driving force in the move -- but none has been a major player in men's basketball, making the move almost moot so far in the second-most financially productive sport.

Keeping the 10 schools in the Big 12 will allow the conference to keep its BCS automatic berth and its NCAA basketball tournament automatic berth. The Big 12 won't be allowed to hold a football championship game unless it adds two more members or works to change the rules, which currently require 12 teams to have a title game.

A Kansas source said that, as a 10-team league, the Big 12 would be more profitable and would be one of the top basketball conferences in the country. The source said the remaining Big 12 schools will play a true round-robin 18-game schedule, much like the Pac-10 does in its current form.

The 10-team Big 12 conference will also play nine conference football games.

Preserving the Big 12 will put the Big East at ease for the moment. The SEC is unlikely to expand into the ACC. The Big Ten, now with 12 teams, could expand, but has said it will continue to study the issue.

enjolras
06-14-2010, 07:54 PM
This is great news. Colorado has made a clean break from these clowns... on to bigger and better things!

epicSocialism4tw
06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
This is great news. Colorado has made a clean break from these clowns... on to bigger and better things!

I dont know if I'd call the PAC 10 "bigger and better things" other than the fact that the competition is more to Colorado's level.

Kid A
06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Some powerful people made sure the Pac-16 didn't happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5286816

I'm really glad the league didn't collapse; it would have been a **** deal for KU, KSU, Mizzou, Iowa State, and even Baylor. Not sure where I fall on the mega-conference idea, but this is probably for the best.

I really hope, though, those "powerful people" didn't just want to prevent what they saw as a path toward the end of the BCS and a playoff system. I've heard reports that a playoff would make tons more money on the whole, but might hurt certain conferences (that being why the Big Ten has played a big role in preventing a playoff thus far).

Anyway, good to see several mid-west universities avoid being orphaned. Yeah, they're still in something of feudal state under Texas, but they'll be making much more money this way.

TheChamp24
06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I think the Big 12 now has to look at getting back to 12 members. Funny how Kansas says it wants to stay at 10 to be a better basketball conference.
Utah would be the first choice I'd imagine, but then who else? BYU? TCU? Fresno State?

Hercules Rockefeller
06-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Utah is going to the Pac 10

bombay
06-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Couldn't have worked out better for Colorado fans. After this season, no more midwestern or texas ****holes on road trips.

epicSocialism4tw
06-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Couldn't have worked out better for Colorado fans. After this season, no more midwestern or texas ****holes on road trips.

Wow.

Maybe its you who's the jerk.

Durango
06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm liking this a whole lot more now that Texas and Oklahoma are staying put in the Big 12. Good for them, and great for Colorado. With the possible addition of Utah, the Pac 12 can split the conference into two divisions with Colorado playing the likes of Ariz State and Ariz more frequently than the USC's and Oregon's.

So, good move for Colorado, good move for Texas and it's little satellite friends and bad, bad move for Nebraska. Once Michigan dumps their Dan Hawkins clone, the Big 10 is going to be a yearly bloodbath, not to mention the recruiting nightmare. Enjoy the cash, Nebraska. Maybe you can make an impact in girls volleyball or something to make it all worthwhile.

Obushma
06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
This is going to renew a very old heated rivalry with Utah and CU, this is a big move for Utah.

Kid A
06-14-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm liking this a whole lot more now that Texas and Oklahoma are staying put in the Big 12. Good for them, and great for Colorado. With the possible addition of Utah, the Pac 12 can split the conference into two divisions with Colorado playing the likes of Ariz State and Ariz more frequently than the USC's and Oregon's.

So, good move for Colorado, good move for Texas and it's little satellite friends and bad, bad move for Nebraska. Once Michigan dumps their Dan Hawkins clone, the Big 10 is going to be a yearly bloodbath, not to mention the recruiting nightmare. Enjoy the cash, Nebraska. Maybe you can make an impact in girls volleyball or something to make it all worthwhile.

WTF are you talking about?

-Big Ten has been competitively behind the Big XII (if only slightly) for several years now in football. Sure Michigan will get good again, but playing in a conference with several good teams isn't going to doom Nebraska anymore than playing in a league with the Sooners, Longhorns, Red Raiders, and Tigers did.

-NU was better than OU last year and :01 away from knocking off Texas. They've won 19 games in the last 2 seasons. They're in the top 10-15 of just about every pre-season poll so far. Hardly looking like roadkill for any conference.

-Recruiting? I think they did just fine at that before the Texas teams were added to make the Big XII. Plus, with the pipelines and connections to high schools in Texas formed, we should still do okay there. Not to mention we'll be on a national network that will make it possible to guarantee parents that every single game we play can be seen in almost every part of the country. NU has always recruited every corner of the country to make up for being in a poor recruiting area. Recruiting focus might alter a little, but it's just as likely to get a boost as anything.

-I think CU made a good move going to the Pac-10, but you are kidding yourself if you think they're currently in better position to win there than Nebraska will be in the Big 10. You're coming off 8 wins in 2 seasons, you still have to survive a year of Hawkins, still have to hire the correct coach (never a given for any school), and recruit to a school that, frankly, doesn't have a record of supporting its athletic programs very well.

Durango
06-14-2010, 11:22 PM
WTF are you talking about?

-Big Ten has been competitively behind the Big XII (if only slightly) for several years now in football. Sure Michigan will get good again, but playing in a conference with several good teams isn't going to doom Nebraska anymore than playing in a league with the Sooners, Longhorns, Red Raiders, and Tigers did.

-NU was better than OU last year and :01 away from knocking off Texas. They've won 19 games in the last 2 seasons. They're in the top 10-15 of just about every pre-season poll so far. Hardly looking like roadkill for any conference.

-Recruiting? I think they did just fine at that before the Texas teams were added to make the Big XII. Plus, with the pipelines and connections to high schools in Texas formed, we should still do okay there. Not to mention we'll be on a national network that will make it possible to guarantee parents that every single game we play can be seen in almost every part of the country. NU has always recruited every corner of the country to make up for being in a poor recruiting area. Recruiting focus might alter a little, but it's just as likely to get a boost as anything.

-I think CU made a good move going to the Pac-10, but you are kidding yourself if you think they're currently in better position to win there than Nebraska will be in the Big 10. You're coming off 8 wins in 2 seasons, you still have to survive a year of Hawkins, still have to hire the correct coach (never a given for any school), and recruit to a school that, frankly, doesn't have a record of supporting its athletic programs very well.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. 'Didn't' is the applicable word here. Sorry Nebraska, you screwed the pooch. The nebs are more on par with Northwestern and Illinois right now than you are with Ohio State, Iowa and Wisconsin. OK, maybe that isn't fair. More on par with, say, Michigan. The Badgers could rightfully be setting sights on a national championship run and, if denied, could be even hungrier when Nebraska enters Big, whatever, play in 2011. Michigan will be better, although they will have to jettison Rodriquez before they can re-build that storied program. Iowa is back, Northwestern is competitive, Ohio State will kill the Cornies. Further, the recruiting map just shifted north. They might prove fertile ground one day for Nebraska, but for now, they'll be trampled like so much road kill by the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa and Wisconsin, AND Notre Dame hunts the same forests as well.

Yes, Nebraska came close in a couple landmark games. I can close to winning $20,000 on one of those scratch lottery tickets. I only needed one more crown. I had two. Just didn't get it done. Kind of like Nebraska.

Kid A
06-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. 'Didn't' is the applicable word here. Sorry Nebraska, you screwed the pooch. The nebs are more on par with Northwestern and Illinois right now than you are with Ohio State, Iowa and Wisconsin. OK, maybe that isn't fair. More on par with, say, Michigan. The Badgers could rightfully be setting sights on a national championship run and, if denied, could be even hungrier when Nebraska enters Big, whatever, play in 2011. Michigan will be better, although they will have to jettison Rodriquez before they can re-build that storied program. Iowa is back, Northwestern is competitive, Ohio State will kill the Cornies. Further, the recruiting map just shifted north. They might prove fertile ground one day for Nebraska, but for now, they'll be trampled like so much road kill by the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa and Wisconsin, AND Notre Dame hunts the same forests as well.

Yes, Nebraska came close in a couple landmark games. I can close to winning $20,000 on one of those scratch lottery tickets. I only needed one more crown. I had two. Just didn't get it done. Kind of like Nebraska.

Alright, I'll have you on the record for Nebraska being in the bottom half of the Big Ten (because everyone knows the Big Ten is just soooo much more difficult than the Big XII? (http://www.wfaa.com/sports/college/Big-12-vs-Big-Ten-84991727.html)) and being unable to recruit (because they've never recruited against other big name schools before and will have to completely shift all recruiting to Big Ten territory because we no longer play a Texas school once a year?).

Durango
06-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Alright, I'll have you on the record for Nebraska being in the bottom half of the Big Ten (because everyone knows the Big Ten is just soooo much more difficult than the Big XII? (http://www.wfaa.com/sports/college/Big-12-vs-Big-Ten-84991727.html)) and being unable to recruit (because they've never recruited against other big name schools before and will have to completely shift all recruiting to Big Ten territory because we no longer play a Texas school once a year?).

OK, enough. Just throwing out a couple parting shots in good fun. Texas can kiss my a**. They wanted to rule their little kingdom, and now they can thanks to a spineless Oklahoma and the 8 remaining dwarfs. Nebraska had to do what it did, and the same can be said for Colorado. The Texas stink was too heavy on the Big 12, and the North was never going to gain parity, especially financial parity, with this Longhorn Network thing now in the works.

I do think the recruiting will struggle some initially for both the Buffs and the Cornhuskers, but like you say, Nebraska is a brand that can attract by name alone. May take a while to get the pipeline going though.

bronco militia
06-15-2010, 08:08 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/longhornwhine.gif

enjolras
06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't see a lot of compelling football being played in the new Big-10 (Big-12 part deux?)... It's a top heavy conference (Texas/Oklahoma) with a precipitous drop from there.

Oklahoma state : A solid program, but rarely a contender
Missouri: Struggles to break the top-25
Texas Tech: Just fired the only competent coach they've ever had. Things are going to unravel quickly in the hell-hole that is Lubbock
Texas A&M: They still can't get things right
Kansas: Fired the only competent coach they've ever had
Kansas State: Not much to see here
Iowa state: Less to see here
Baylor: Even less to see here

With Texas dictating the terms of the conference, expect things not to change very much. Sure for Missouri/Iowa state, this is a good thing... they were going to have real trouble finding a place to live. For everyone else... best of luck to you. You've hitched yourself to a wagon that will never allow a level playing field.

Meanwhile Colorado has moved into a conference that is a MUCH more natural fit. Denver-Boulder is very much a west-coast city. The fan-base of CU is much larger on the west-coast. The road-trips will be much more well attended and the team will travel better throughout the regular season.

If you really think that trips to L.A, Seattle, San Francisco, and Oregon aren't more appealing than Lubbock, Waco, Stillwater, and the like... well the you're either dishonest or just an idiot.

This is a best-case for CU In one fell swoop they've ended a stormy marriage with the only major conference in the nation designed to ensure that power stays in the hands of two schools. They've gone to a conference that is simply better for Colorado. That the conference is far-and-away superior academically is just a huge bonus.

Bigger and better things indeed.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Rumored P12 divisions:

South
UCLA
USC
Arizona
ASU
CU
Utah

North
WSU
Washington
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
Cal

oubronco
06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
I think the Big 12 now has to look at getting back to 12 members. Funny how Kansas says it wants to stay at 10 to be a better basketball conference.
Utah would be the first choice I'd imagine, but then who else? BYU? TCU? Fresno State?

Notre Dame and Memphis would be sweet

enjolras
06-15-2010, 10:37 AM
There is a less than zero chance of Notre Dame. Memphis would probably be a good pick-up.... Maybe BYU/Memphis?

Jens1893
06-15-2010, 11:09 AM
ISU, KSU, KU, Baylor and Missouri have agreed to sign over their share of the CU/NU buy out money to UT, OU and aTm. I am so glad to get out of that place.

azbroncfan
06-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I just want Utah to go to the pac 10 and I am sure so does every BYU fan too.

DomCasual
06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
ISU, KSU, KU, Baylor and Missouri have agreed to sign over their share of the CU/NU buy out money to UT, OU and aTm. I am so glad to get out of that place.

Me, too. I think this worked out okay. We don't have to end up in essentially a Pac (Big) 10 South, with Texas et. al., and the Big-12 can continue to suckle at the teet of Texas.

Florida_Bronco
06-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Are you serious?

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Do that, or get stuck in a non-BCS conference.

Texas could bend everyone over and they knew it.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Are you serious?

Yes, Beebe said that this morning. He also apparently said those TV figures he's promised everyone aren't guaranteed, just what he believes he can negotiate for the league.

hookemhess
06-15-2010, 11:45 AM

Guess you've never been to Austin.

Jens1893
06-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Are you serious?

Unfortunately, I am. In all honesty, I am having some sort of survivorīs guilt. Itīs a bit like having no chance but to leave your brother behind with your father, who you know is a serial rapist.

Mandel on Twitter

slmandel That call gave me no reason to believe there's anything stopping that league from crumbling again a year from now.
about 1 hour ago

slmandel Nebraska, Colorado were very wise to get out when they could. They'll find it refreshing to have a voice.
about 1 hour ago

slmandel Unbelievable. The five "leftovers" (KU, KSU, ISU, BU, Mizzou) agreed to sign over their share of CU/NU's buyout money to UT/OU/A&M.
about 1 hour ago

Florida_Bronco
06-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, that is epic levels of fail.

Austin is pretty cool I hear, although I understand that culturally, it's pretty diametrically opposed to the rest of the state and thus doesn't share in it's failures.

enjolras
06-15-2010, 12:15 PM

I have been to Austin, many times. It's a nice place... I'd still much rather travel to San Fran, Seattle, et. al. It's still in Texas (and yes I've lived for more than a decade in various parts of Texas) and it's far less culturally interesting than almost any west coast city. I'd much rather visit San Francisco or Seattle than head to Austin.

Even if you disagree, my point still holds. Lubbock, Stillwater, Norman, Manhattan, Waco, Lawrence, Columbia, and College Station don't exactly represent the best in American cities and towns.

TexanBob
06-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Austin is the only place in Texas that has this California envy. Ignoring the fact that California is financially and morally bankrupt, Austin laps up every goofy idea that California liberals dream up and tries to replicate it. The rest of Central Texas still enjoy being and behaving like Texans. When I found out that UT's president is a Cal-Berkeley grad, I realized what this whole Pac-10 flirtation was all about - it was all about Austin's Cali envy.

I find it fascinating that Oklahoma apparently now is tighter with UT than A&M is. Oklahoma's only demand was that Okie Light come with them. That explains why Oklahoma was willing to follow Texas and why A&M wasn't. Tech simply didn't have any choice. If A&M is the Longhorn's little brother, Tech is the red-haired stepchild. A&M tried to stake out on their own but they ultimately realized they were better off as a member of a group.

I have no problem with Nebraska and Colorado leaving. I understand both from their points of view. I think the Big XII (or whatever they'll be called) will add two new schools and that Utah will quickly join the Pac-10.

Florida_Bronco
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Austin is the only place in Texas that has this California envy. Ignoring the fact that California is financially and morally bankrupt, Austin laps up every goofy idea that California liberals dream up and tries to replicate it. The rest of Central Texas still enjoy being and behaving like Texans. When I found out that UT's president is a Cal-Berkeley grad, I realized what this whole Pac-10 flirtation was all about - it was all about Austin's Cali envy.

A.K.A "It's the only place in the state that doesn't suck"

bombay
06-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Me, too. I think this worked out okay. We don't have to end up in essentially a Pac (Big) 10 South, with Texas et. al., and the Big-12 can continue to suckle at the teet of Texas.

Are Texas' captive schools entitled to Geneva Convention protections?

DomCasual
06-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Are Texas' captive schools entitled to Geneva Convention protections?

I see them more as cuckolded husbands than hostages. But if they were hostages, I think you could argue that they were entitled to protections, but they refused them.

bombay
06-15-2010, 01:03 PM
I see them more as cuckolded husbands than hostages. But if they were hostages, I think you could argue that they were entitled to protections, but they refused them.

Indeed. That's a more accurate depiction.

BroncoBuff
06-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Rumored P12 divisions:

South
UCLA
USC
Arizona
ASU
CU
Utah

North
WSU
Washington
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
Cal

I hope not ... CU and Utah in the North would be a better fit, leave the California schools all together.

Plus I think Bouder and SLC are further north that Palo Alto and Berkeley.

Jens1893
06-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I hope not ... CU and Utah in the North would be a better fit, leave the California schools all together.

Plus I think Bouder and SLC are further north that Palo Alto and Berkeley.

You just want CU lumped together with the Washington schools, but having one guaranteed game in California would work wonders for CUīs recruiting there and also help the school connect with all the alumni who live there.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2010, 01:46 PM
What Jens said, they don't recruit in Oregon and Washington but they do in Cali.

Kaylore
06-15-2010, 01:47 PM
That's gonna suck if Utah bails. That will kill the Holy War.

Irish Stout
06-15-2010, 01:55 PM

Not to mention the harm it will do to the MWC's fragile but growing reputation.

Irish Stout
06-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Does anyone understand why Mizzou didn't defect to the Big 10?

bombay
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Does anyone understand why Mizzou didn't defect to the Big 10?

Ultimately Delaney didn't invite them. According to people at Missouri's rivals forum, Notre Dame was largely responsible, along with (oddly) Northwestern.

BroncoBuff
06-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Ultimately Delaney didn't invite them. According to people at Missouri's rivals forum, Notre Dame was largely responsible, along with (oddly) Northwestern.

Yeah, remember the Big Ten has been eleven since Penn State joined 20 years ago. Nebraska evens it at 12, and they'll make a pile of dough on the conference championship game.

Can't blame Nebraska ... in fact you gotta wonder why this didn't happen sooner.

BroncoBuff
06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
What Jens said, they don't recruit in Oregon and Washington but they do in Cali.

Is that right? Well, we do compete with all four schools for recruits anyway, and it's striking how regularly we've scheduled Pac 10 teams for non-conference games. I think including the Cal games coming up, we've home-and-homed with six or seven PAC 10s in just the last 15 years.

I know you know this Herc, but if you look at Scout or Rivals, CU's main competition for recruits are Pac 10 schools (http://colorado.scout.com/a.z?s=148&p=9&c=4&yr=2011), especially the Oregons, Washingtons and Arizonas. It's interesting that there's so few Big XII schools listed in the CU recruits' "Schools of Interest," and yet one of these Pac 10 schools is listed in damn near all of them.

Arkie
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Possible new names for the Big 12:

The Tentative 10
The Texas Hold-em Conference
Castrated 10 (9 schools with no balls and one that's a big d!ck)

Arkie
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM

This just adds to the reasons they are the tentative ten. Missouri will bolt if given the chance. A&M fans are boycotting this year.

That One Guy
06-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Now that Texas has taken such liberties with the conference, they know what schools run that conference. They'll continue to rape the willing. Every school in that conference should keep their foot in the door for a better opportunity elsewhere.

elsid13
06-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I never realized how much Texas was money whore.

Crashman44b
06-15-2010, 04:41 PM
OK, enough. Just throwing out a couple parting shots in good fun. Texas can kiss my a**. They wanted to rule their little kingdom, and now they can thanks to a spineless Oklahoma and the 8 remaining dwarfs. Nebraska had to do what it did, and the same can be said for Colorado. The Texas stink was too heavy on the Big 12, and the North was never going to gain parity, especially financial parity, with this Longhorn Network thing now in the works.

I do think the recruiting will struggle some initially for both the Buffs and the Cornhuskers, but like you say, Nebraska is a brand that can attract by name alone. May take a while to get the pipeline going though.

Nebraska started heading out east last couple years and did pretty well. What the lose in Texas they will make up in twin cities, Chicago,ohio etc.

Obushma
06-15-2010, 04:49 PM

I honestly don't think it will Kaylore. BYU will always be Utah's natural rival, I don't think either school wants to loose that game.

Broncos_OTM
06-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Guess you've never been to Austin. I lived in aistin it was pretty coil unlike any other part of tx. So loved austin loved texas HATE texan tude

gunns
06-15-2010, 05:40 PM

That makes me sad. While I'd be happy for Utah to have more money, more of a chance at BCS bowl games, I hate losing that rivalry. Yes they will still play the game but it won't come at the end of the season, they won't be playing it to see who takes the conference, it will lose it's luster, although I will always treasure the Utes beating BYU.

oubronco
06-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Interesting

Big 12 2008-09 Revenue Sharing

1. Oklahoma, $12.2 million
2. Texas, $11.8 million
3. Kansas, $11.5 million
4. Missouri, $10.4 million
5. Texas A&M, $10.2 million
6. Oklahoma State, $10.0 million
7. Colorado, $9.77 million
8. Nebraska, $9.73 million
9. Texas Tech, $9.2 million
10. Baylor, $9.1 million
11. Iowa State, $8.9 million
12. Kansas State, $8.4 million

link (http://www.omaha.com/article/20100613/BIGRED/706139829/0)

Kid A
06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Unfortunately, I am. In all honesty, I am having some sort of survivorīs guilt. Itīs a bit like having no chance but to leave your brother behind with your father, who you know is a serial rapist.

Mandel on Twitter

slmandel That call gave me no reason to believe there's anything stopping that league from crumbling again a year from now.
about 1 hour ago

slmandel Nebraska, Colorado were very wise to get out when they could. They'll find it refreshing to have a voice.
about 1 hour ago

slmandel Unbelievable. The five "leftovers" (KU, KSU, ISU, BU, Mizzou) agreed to sign over their share of CU/NU's buyout money to UT/OU/A&M.
about 1 hour ago

:rofl:

Mandel nailed it, though. CU and NU were asked to commit to the Big XII through 2016. That's just 6 year, and if you have a shot to get locked in long term in a league where the main tenant doesn't have wandering eyes it's obvious what to do.

The Big XII is like a marriage that was thisclose to divorce, before both sides got cold feet and stay together for the kids. It goes without saying how well those relationships work out.

DomCasual
06-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I lived in aistin it was pretty coil unlike any other part of tx. So loved austin loved texas HATE texan tude

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 06-15-2010 at 05:20 PM..

I have to ask. What did you edit in this post? :)

Hercules Rockefeller
06-30-2010, 03:11 PM
If the Big 12 were chicks.

Texas is the hottest, richest chick around. She can have anybody she wants. If you land Texas, all of your dreams come true. What you don’t realize is that at the end of the day, you are going to be sitting outside of the dressing room at Nordstrom’s with your thumb up your ass holding her purse while she tries on a bunch of really expensive ****. If you can live with her wearing the pants in the family, then fine. But you’d better learn to like working for her daddy and having her tell you what to wear when you go to the club for dinner on Sunday nights.

OU is a hot chick with big fake tits who spends lots of time in the gym, but she’s a huge whore. The bad news is that OU will cheat on you. The good news is that OU doesn’t care if you cheat on her. It’s all fun and games until someone doesn’t practice safe sex or your neighbors are snickering at you behind your back because your girl got double teamed by a couple of conventioneers at the Anatole the week of the Cottonbowl.

A&M is somewhat good looking and intelligent, but completely bat **** crazy. You can’t tell if A&M is bipolar or just having really bad PMS. But either way, she is going to say and do a whole bunch of **** that is just going to leave you scratching your head or ducking for cover. A&M also has two really huge problems: 1) A&M thinks she is much hotter and much smarter than she really is; and 2) She’s got all sorts of issues with Texas. Both of those feed into her mania. You don’t know what you are getting with this nut job, but it wouldn’t surprise you if she cut off all of her hair and joined the SEC, and then 10 minutes later realized how bad she ****ed up and came back to you in hysterics.

Colorado is the hippy chick who spends all day on Pearl Street dropping empty gas tank lines on the tourists until her father comes to pick her up in his Benz on the way home from his law practice. Colorado is desirable as long as you can duck batteries, put up with poor hygiene and don’t mind the smell of patchouli.

Tech is cute but has poor self esteem. If you pay any attention to her whatsoever, she will love you forever. She’s the type who gives you a smoker on the way to dinner and would be just as content to be your **** buddy. The worse you treat Tech, the more she loves you.

Oklahoma State is a less attractive and sluttier version of OU. She might look pretty good if you’ve had a few drinks, and she’ll let you do anything you want to her in bed. You also might think that she’s rich, but then you find out that all of her credit cards are maxed out and she can’t afford the car she’s driving.

Baylor is overweight, homely and manipulative, and is always sticking her nose into your business where it doesn’t belong. Baylor will try every trick in the world to land the right guy. Baylor will lie, cheat, steal, backstab, blackmail, etc… and then justify it all by going to church on Sunday and asking Jesus for forgiveness. The worst part about Baylor is that she won’t give it up, but will try to cockblock you every chance that she gets.

Nebraska is a cougar who has lost her fastball and is jealous of the other hotter chicks (i.e., Texas). She just spent $2500 on botox and lip injections, and she now looks like the joker when she smiles. It’s sad to see such a former hottie act so desperately and what’s worse, she can’t decide whether she should try to hook up with an aging sugar daddy or go have a series of one-nighters with the drunk twenty-somethings she picks up at Midnight Rodeo.

Kansas is your classic butterface. Great body, but she looks like she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. At the end of the day, the bad grill outweighs the nice tight ass, because you never want to take her out in public. The last thing you want is to wake up the next morning and have Kansas staring you in the face.

Missouri is cute, but not hot. She’s a nice girl and has a great personality, but needs to drop about 15 lbs. You can see how she could be more attractive, but she’s not ever going to be very sexy, no matter what she does. Missouri is the girl you feel guilty cheating on, but you do it anyway.

Kansas State is overweight and stupid. A few years ago when she lost a ton of weight and looked pretty good, you hooked up with her. Now, you look back and can’t even imagine that it is the same human being. You ignore her Facebook friend request and pretend you don’t recognize or remember her when you run into her in public.

Iowa State is the drunken fat chick at the end of the bar that is just happy to be out of the house. The other girls are nice to Iowa State, mostly because they all look better standing next to her. Iowa State is the type who gets stuck with the huge bar tab at the end of the night and goes home alone unless some really wasted chubby chaser ends up tagging her.

jhns
06-30-2010, 03:21 PM
That is funny and accurate. Well, other than the Nebraska part. Nebraska is the hot chick that is low maintenence and really smart. It is everything you could ever want. It is why I fell in love (that and the whole nothing else in the state thing).

Rohirrim
06-30-2010, 03:24 PM

Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
07-01-2010, 02:12 AM

before he editted, the post made complete, sober sense.

Houshyamama
09-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Pac 10 is garbage.

I'm not sure why the Big 12 powerhouses would want to join that league. Travel would suck.

All the PAC10 hate that went on in this thread is starting to look ridiculous.

Texas just got their ass kicked by UCLA.

PAC10>>Big12

azbroncfan
09-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Pac 10 is garbage.

I'm not sure why the Big 12 powerhouses would want to join that league. Travel would suck.

You consistently do that even though your whole sooner boomer and texas division sucks. You are as big of POS homer there is.

elsid13
09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Just putting this in the right thread - as of 9/12/2011

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1263940

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
THis is gonna be hilarious. CU tried to get away and are going to end up getting bitch slapped every year by teh same old teams.

Lev Vyvanse
09-12-2011, 06:08 PM
THis is gonna be hilarious. CU tried to get away and are going to end up getting b**** slapped every year by teh same old teams.

Kansas ends up in a second tier conference. That is funny.:giggle:

Rolandftw
09-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I just hope Texas doesn't join. Or Baylor. Can deal with OU and OSU

Lev Vyvanse
09-12-2011, 06:26 PM
I just hope Texas doesn't join. Or Baylor. Can deal with OU and OSU

It will be Texas and Tech.