PDA

View Full Version : NFL stadiums driving into RedZone

HEAV
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
The NFL is moving to aggressively utilize its year-old RedZone channel to lure fans to stadiums and cable operators to the NFL Network. The league this season will replace the NFL Films highlights it has previously offered teams for in-stadium use with a feed of RedZone.

In the stadiums, teams will decide when and how to show the Red Zone channel. Several teams, including the Ravens and Patriots, have already committed to making it available.

--------

Makes those TV timeouts less boring.

Doggcow
06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Fantasy Football players will rejoice though :)

watermock
06-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Just another power grab.

Enjoy.

Man-Goblin
06-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Is it awesome?

watermock
06-01-2010, 09:41 PM
NFL Network plans on taking total control.

Kaylore
06-01-2010, 09:43 PM
NFL redzone is awesome.

Los Broncos
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
I was going to Direct TV this year but it's just to much money.

Does it go up every year for current users?

OBF1
06-02-2010, 12:07 AM

Only those weak in mind Mock :wave:

ZONA
06-02-2010, 03:27 AM
I was going to Direct TV this year but it's just to much money.

Does it go up every year for current users?

It does go up every year it seems. But I never have paid full price anyway. I stay on the phone and bug them for hours and hours until they give me the Ticket in HD for $150.00 total price. They always say the same thing to me every year I call. No way we can do that. Who ever gave it to you before at that price should not have done that. It's funny. If I couldn't get them down to $150, I would not get it. That's about as much as I am willing to pay. The Broncos are usually on local TV down here in Phoenix about 10 times a year so I figure I'm paying $150 to watch 6 ganes. I'd spend that at the bar for 6 games so it's cool.

SoDak Bronco
06-02-2010, 06:24 AM
i would get direct tv, but they still don't offer locals in my area, so i haven't switched yet.

dbfan21
06-02-2010, 07:15 AM
NFL redzone is awesome.

The RZC is one of the coolest things to happen to football in a while. No commercials, which is the lamest thing about watching football (who needs to hear what's happening in CSI: Miami three million times?).

Hogan11
06-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Fantasy Football players will rejoice though :)

This is really what it's all about and who it's being done for.

tsiguy96
06-02-2010, 07:20 AM
The RZC is one of the coolest things to happen to football in a while. No commercials, which is the lamest thing about watching football (who needs to hear what's happening in CSI: Miami three million times?).

commercials are incredible, there is sooo many during a single football game.

RZC for me is too much jumping around and cant focus on any one game.

Killericon
06-02-2010, 07:26 AM

Oh no?

Mr.Meanie
06-02-2010, 07:51 AM

This. It's decent compensation for those of use who aren't able to join DirectTV

Los Broncos
06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
It does go up every year it seems. But I never have paid full price anyway. I stay on the phone and bug them for hours and hours until they give me the Ticket in HD for $150.00 total price. They always say the same thing to me every year I call. No way we can do that. Who ever gave it to you before at that price should not have done that. It's funny. If I couldn't get them down to $150, I would not get it. That's about as much as I am willing to pay. The Broncos are usually on local TV down here in Phoenix about 10 times a year so I figure I'm paying $150 to watch 6 ganes. I'd spend that at the bar for 6 games so it's cool.

Wow $150 isn't bad.

BroncoLifer
06-02-2010, 08:23 AM
This is really what it's all about and who it's being done for.

I have ZERO interest in fantasy football yet I love the RZC. My girlfriend feels the same way.

Hogan11
06-02-2010, 08:31 AM
I have ZERO interest in fantasy football yet I love the RZC. My girlfriend feels the same way.

Okay, granted...but that still doesn't mean the NFL isn't doing this to cater to it's biggest cash cow crowd though.

dbfan21
06-02-2010, 08:35 AM
commercials are incredible, there is sooo many during a single football game.

RZC for me is too much jumping around and cant focus on any one game.

They jump around when there's a break in the action, i.e. injury, timeout, penalty, etc. Those delays prevent me from focusing on the game.

Plus, if the game is being announced by idiots (which is more times than not), then you are subjected to their moronic babbling during the lulls.

Kaylore
06-02-2010, 08:50 AM
This reminds me of the article about the court ruling the NFL is 32 different teams and 80% of the board completely misunderstood what was going on and assumed it meant that revenue sharing was ruled illegal.

In this case all it means is the NFL is going to air it's redzone programming inside their stadiums. Somehow that has turned into "NFL Network is taking over TV."

Dagmar
06-02-2010, 08:58 AM
This reminds me of the article about the court ruling the NFL is 32 different teams and 80% of the board completely misunderstood what was going on and assumed it meant that revenue sharing was ruled illegal.

In this case all it means is the NFL is going to air it's redzone programming inside their stadiums. Somehow that has turned into "NFL Network is taking over TV."

Only by the paranoid nutjobs!

Dendave
06-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I actually hate this, I have season tickets to the Detroit Lions and if the Broncos are playing at 1:00P (EST) I DVR the Bronco game and try to avoid scores the best I can, which I do rather well. With this, I now have to try harder to avoid scores…I hate it

snowspot66
06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
It's just the Lions. Skip the game.

Mr.Meanie
06-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I actually hate this, I have season tickets to the Detroit Lions and if the Broncos are playing at 1:00P (EST) I DVR the Bronco game and try to avoid scores the best I can, which I do rather well. With this, I now have to try harder to avoid scores…I hate it

your first problem, in bold

Dendave
06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
your first problem, in bold

Sorry I don't live in Denver and have had season tickets to the Lions with my dad for the last 30 years. You know sometimes it's not about the game for me in Detroit, it's about spending time with my dad, who is 70 and might not be around much longer, so if I want to go to a game with him, I will, but I also want to watch the Broncos, which is my number 1 team and not know the score. So to me I hate this idea.

bowtown
06-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Sorry I don't live in Denver and have had season tickets to the Lions with my dad for the last 30 years. You know sometimes it's not about the game for me in Detroit, it's about spending time with my dad, who is 70 and might not be around much longer, so if I want to go to a game with him, I will, but I also want to watch the Broncos, which is my number 1 team and not know the score. So to me I hate this idea.

Yet you must be able to recognize how it is a great thing for pretty much every single other person at the game than you, right?

boltaneer
06-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Yet you must be able to recognize how it is a great thing for pretty much every single other person at the game than you, right?

Agreed with this. This is long overdue. And the RZC is simply awesome.

Football all Sunday long with NO ANNOYING COMMERCIALS! (or no dead time at the stadium) How can anyone not love that? ;D

houghtam
06-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Only those weak in mind Mock :wave:

And really, what would be wrong if they did want to take control? It's their product, they should be able to control its presentation.