PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's playbooks online - Very Cool

mkporter
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I just checked out this site after following a link from a Frank Schwab tweet. These are some really cool documents available, including a Bronco's mini camp schedule, some playbook type stuff, and some scouting reports. Very interesting stuff. I wish I had more time to look through it:

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/prooffense/index.php

HEAV
06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
The Shanny 2004 is hand written!

Baba Booey
06-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Man, really cool stuff.

broncosteven
06-01-2010, 02:43 PM
The Shanny 2004 is hand written!

And dumbed down for Plummer...

theAPAOps5
06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Page 24 of the 2004 DenverBroncosoffense.pdf there is a star and a note that I swear says BVP practice squad fodder.

Dagmar
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Page 24 of the 2004 DenverBroncosoffense.pdf there is a star and a note that I swear says BVP practice squad fodder.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2rh9oc6.png

HEAV
06-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Checkout the Patriots 2004 (Weiss) playbook. Lot's on instructions on where to be and what to do.

If McDaniels has brought this style playbook to Denver, then I don't see anyway a rookie starting @ QB. I can however see a experienced player (Orton or Quinn) being more comfortable running this offense.

Pontius Pirate
06-01-2010, 05:14 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zbEmGpqhoI8/0.jpg

TheReverend
06-01-2010, 05:40 PM
You can definitely see how the cut back opportunities are created. Awesome.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-01-2010, 06:05 PM
the amount of detail that goes into NFL football never ceases to amaze me.

Bronco Boy
06-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Wow. Good find.

cmhargrove
06-01-2010, 06:33 PM
I thought I might be able to use something with my seventh graders this year. I looked at the Broncos 2004 and now i'm thinking not. 40 + routes just for the TE's, over 50 routes for the WR's.

Dude.

Bronco Boy
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I like how the cover says "Bronco's". Strange way to spell it.

Bronco Boy
06-01-2010, 07:47 PM
I thought I might be able to use something with my seventh graders this year. I looked at the Broncos 2004 and now i'm thinking not. 40 + routes just for the TE's, over 50 routes for the WR's.

Dude.

You could probably get your hands on one of JaMarcus's old playbooks.

Man-Goblin
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I can't find the LT screen play.

Doggcow
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
That **** is mindbottling.

http://icons.iconator.com/145/ICONATOR_e0f51ce23df95f4c8a86fb196f874d1c.gif

STBumpkin
06-01-2010, 08:46 PM
You could probably get your hands on one of JaMarcus's old playbooks.

I don't think they ever bothered giving him one.

TheReverend
06-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I can't find the LT screen play.

Oh man you are so repped for this one.

iforgotmypassword
06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
cool stuff

Caveat Lector
06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't think they ever bothered giving him one.

Yeah they did, he just used it as a coaster.

Apparently the Raiders did a DNA test on it to see if JaHopeless had actually been reading it. All they found was traces of Al Davis' semen...

STBumpkin
06-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah they did, he just used it as a coaster.

Apparently the Raiders did a DNA test on it to see if JaHopeless had actually been reading it. All they found was traces of Al Davis' semen...

It was making the pages with the WR go routes stick together.

ol number 7
06-01-2010, 09:38 PM
It was making the pages with the WR go routes stick together.

JaMarcus playbook is covered with wing sauce and Bonus Jack secret sauce.

Florida_Bronco
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Sweet!

BigPlayShay
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Looking at the 96 and 04 Broncos offense, it is pretty cool to know I was damn close to figuring out some of their run audibles just by listening to the cadence on tv over the years:

Hey TheDave, sorry this took me so long to put up, but here are a couple examples of the same audibles being used:

The first is in a 2000 game vs. Seattle. Frerrotte checks to Blue 19 T, this is a toss to the left. Blue is the audible color, 1 I am assuming is the halfback, 9 is the 9 hole (outside the LT or inside depending on the numbering system used), and T is toss:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNrpvAqCFOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNrpvAqCFOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Second example is from 2005 against Washington. Plummer hard counts, and sees the blitz from the left side. He checks to Blue 18 H. Blue is the audible color, 1 I am assuming is the halfback, 8 is the 8 hole (outside the RT or inside depending on the numbering system used), and H is a handoff:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-554zLK5GZc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-554zLK5GZc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

So, there you have the same audible structure being used over a 6 season span. The only variation in the 2 audibles is one is a toss and the other a handoff. I am still looking for some older examples in the Elway era.

briane
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I like the 2002BroncosVSCardinalsScoutingReport.pdf

It has the scripted first 15 plays and alot of handwritten stuff.

202 pages...that blows my mind.

I would like to print all the broncos stuff out, but I dont have 15 cases of paper and 105 spare ink carts laying around.

HILife
06-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Interesting I will have to check this out later.

montrose
06-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Been skimming through the '04 Pats playbook, one year before McDaniels tookover their offense, already seen a few similar terms such as OMAHA and RAZOR. Haven't found Orton's favorite call yet, "ALERT! ALERT!" but I'm sure it'll turn up.

Now here's a story for you guys, when I was a quality control coach at MC (which basically means intern) one of my jobs was to update a few things on our team's inital guidebook. The one thing I remember having to change was in regards to our huddle - the reason being that one of our rivals was getting a reputation for stealing team's signs and calls. That team was John Carroll. As you may know, that is the alumni of one..............

Josh McDaniels

Bronco Boy
06-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Been skimming through the '04 Pats playbook, one year before McDaniels tookover their offense, already seen a few similar terms such as OMAHA and RAZOR. Haven't found Orton's favorite call yet, "ALERT! ALERT!" but I'm sure it'll turn up.

Now here's a story for you guys, when I was a quality control coach at MC (which basically means intern) one of my jobs was to update a few things on our team's inital guidebook. The one thing I remember having to change was in regards to our huddle - the reason being that one of our rivals was getting a reputation for stealing team's signs and calls. That team was John Carroll. As you may know, that is the alumni of one..............

Josh McDaniels

Well I can top that. Back a couple years ago I was working at a Subway in MA for the summer. Yeah yeah, ****ty job I know, but I was going to school at the time and I wanted a cake job for the summer. So anyway, I would get high in the back pretty much every day because, well, I worked at Subway. Now, this was one of the few Subways in the country that had a drive through. So I would keep my drivethrough headset on while I was toking out back just in case any peeps would drive in. Well one night near closing time I got a beep on the old headset. So I answer, high as balls, and this dude had a seriously complicated order. He wanted one of the salads (can't remember which one) made into a sandwich, toasted, on wheat bread, with all kinds of weird fixins added like jalapenos and like 5 condiments. This was a day when we were BOGO. Meaning he wanted two foot longs. Well high off my ass I could do the basic stuff, Cold Cut Combo, BMT, Sweet Onion blah blah blah, but I struggled with this dude's subs. There is no way the two were identical. But the best thing about a Subway drive through near close is that no one would ever come back and complain, so I didn't give a poop. Anyway, the dude that shows up in the drive through window is the man himself, Josh McDaniels. I had no idea who he was at the time so I did the deal no problem. Then the next day this dude comes in during the lunch rush complaining that his order the night before was all pooped up. Yeah, it's Josh. I remember specifically because he said "You know who I am? I'm Josh McDaniels and I work for the God of this State!" He keeps yelling at me to "Do my job" and of course I'm high as all get up so I'm like, "You do your job, turd burgler!" Needless to say, I got fired that day and was replaced by a Somalian who later stole a bicycle. So yeah, McDaniels got me fired.