PDA

View Full Version : OT: make your own wine the simple way!

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 11:24 AM
http://plaza.ufl.edu/scott28/wine.html

this is awesome, i made it about a montha go and drank it last night, it legitimately gets you drunk. trying a few different flavors and different sugar levels.

Bronco Boy
05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Or you could just go buy a box of Franzia.

Archer81
05-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Wine comes in these things called bottles. See, you go to the liquor store, and they should have an ENTIRE wall of wine. Get a white. They are pretty tasty.

:Broncos:

Meck77
05-31-2010, 12:23 PM
My family in Ukraine makes their own wine and vodka. They ferment whole green walnuts in big jugs in the ole barn. I'd say it was close to 30 proof though....lol Not sure if that is still considered wine or booze though.

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Wine comes in these things called bottles. See, you go to the liquor store, and they should have an ENTIRE wall of wine. Get a white. They are pretty tasty.

i paid approximately 1.33 per bottle doing it this way and it tastes prety good/ok.

elsid13
05-31-2010, 01:34 PM
i paid approximately 1.33 per bottle doing it this way and it tastes prety good/ok.

It looks like you payed 1.33 to much.

BTW that isn't wine, that is homemade Night-train.

Gort
05-31-2010, 01:34 PM

what? ...too good for Mad Dog, Night Train, or Thunderbird?

elitist wine snob!

;)

Brewer
05-31-2010, 01:40 PM
You can save a lot of money by wiping your ass with your thumb, too. :thumbs:

Brewer
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
...and your thumb would have something in common with your wine. :rofl:

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 02:13 PM
funny the people who respond havent actually tried doing it, they just feel like responding at their little witty comment.

Gort
05-31-2010, 03:57 PM
funny the people who respond havent actually tried doing it, they just feel like responding at their little witty comment.

well, in our defense... we're not hobos. so homemade wine and moonshine are not the sort of stuff we spend our time making or drinking.

:thanku:

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 03:59 PM
well, in our defense... we're not hobos. so homemade wine and moonshine are not the sort of stuff we spend our time making or drinking.

:thanku:

nothing wrong with having some fun and making your own booze :thumbs:

Quoydogs
05-31-2010, 04:17 PM
nothing wrong with having some fun and making your own booze :thumbs:

I think there is a big difference in making a superior product such as homebrew beer and wine the correct way. As opposed to making hobo wine in a Milk jug. Just sayin'

I mean for gods sake man sugar water wine?? Come on. He even says it tastes like crap but it comes out to be something like 18 cents a bottle. Hilarious!

HAT
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM

.67 more cents and a trip to Trader Joe's will get you all the 2 buck Chuck you need.

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 05:05 PM
I think there is a big difference in making a superior product such as homebrew beer and wine the correct way. As opposed to making hobo wine in a Milk jug. Just sayin'

I mean for gods sake man sugar water wine?? Come on. He even says it tastes like crap but it comes out to be something like 18 cents a bottle. Hilarious!

sugar water wine is for people who are going to flavor it afterwards with crystal light etc. im just saying, before you judge, you should try it.

Archer81
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Why not put up a "how to" for toilet wine. Good vintage...

Quoydogs
05-31-2010, 06:15 PM
sugar water wine is for people who are going to flavor it afterwards with crystal light etc. im just saying, before you judge, you should try it.

So if I pissed in a jug, added some sugar and yeast to it let it age for a month and then said, it's ok, it'll get ya drunk would you try it? No. Somethings you can just tell are not good. That has stink written all over it. Why not pay 2.30 at joe's and get a descent wine. Sure its not the best but I know it would be better then that.

Besides what happens when you bring a hottie over and say would you like a glass of wine. Then you reach into the fridge, pull out that jug of wine and poor her a glass. I bet money you would be getting no action that night.

gyldenlove
05-31-2010, 06:27 PM
So if I pissed in a jug, added some sugar and yeast to it let it age for a month and then said, it's ok, it'll get ya drunk would you try it? No. Somethings you can just tell are not good. That has stink written all over it. Why not pay 2.30 at joe's and get a descent wine. Sure its not the best but I know it would be better then that.

Besides what happens when you bring a hottie over and say would you like a glass of wine. Then you reach into the fridge, pull out that jug of wine and poor her a glass. I bet money you would be getting no action that night.

That depends man, Moonshine-Sally who did a 6-8 stretch for armed robbery and assault might go for that ****. This might be a good way to weed out the crazies, if they go for it you kick them out the door.

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 06:41 PM

few things on that, drinking your piss is different than drinking fermented grape juice (aka wine). and im at the point in my relationship where my girlfriend doesnt care if i make homemade ghetto wine, im not trying to impress anyone with this ****. but i have no reason to lie when i say it doesnt taste as bad as you would imagine it does.

80smith
05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I have a 2 and a 5 year old? It was fun making them!

Archer81
05-31-2010, 06:53 PM
I have a 2 and a 5 year old? It was fun making them!

Did you add yeast and sugar?

STBumpkin
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
I homebrew beer. I can make 2 cases of the best beer you've ever had for $30. That's $.63 a beer. That doesn't include the 6-8 hours of entertainment also gained with that $30.

ZachKC
05-31-2010, 07:01 PM
it looks like you payed 1.33 to much.

Btw that isn't wine, that is homemade night-train.

rofl! rofl!

Dr. Broncenstein
05-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Next thread: My homemade hooch gave me necrotizing pancreatitis. Now I'm dead.

Sir_Robin
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
So if I pissed in a jug, added some sugar and yeast to it let it age for a month and then said, it's ok, it'll get ya drunk would you try it? No. Somethings you can just tell are not good. That has stink written all over it..

I suspect it would have a "soapy" mouth feel as the ph of urine is higher than that of wine. Who want to drink soapy piss wine? I much prefer mine nice and dry.

theAPAOps5
05-31-2010, 07:10 PM

Don't know what this is but it sounds bad!

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 07:10 PM

i think that would take a WHOLE lot of this stuff....

Majik
05-31-2010, 07:12 PM
I homebrew beer. I can make 2 cases of the best beer you've ever had for $30. That's $.63 a beer. That doesn't include the 6-8 hours of entertainment also gained with that $30.

This. I think it'd be kinda fun to try. Maybe something for me and the girlfriend to do on a day that nothings going on. Only downside is having to wait a month to drink it.

tsiguy96
05-31-2010, 07:13 PM
This. I think it'd be kinda fun to try. Maybe something for me and the girlfriend to do on a day that nothings going on. Only downside is having to wait a month to drink it.

basically what got me interested in it, its interesting to do and not a lot of downside. if it tastes bad, you spent $5, or just man up and drink it, youll get drunk off it for sure.

STBumpkin
05-31-2010, 07:15 PM

The wait makes it that much better. Something to look forward to. I make my own sauerkraut and pickles too, same thing. Fun, better than you can ever buy, and it's awesome to watch nature takes its course over the month or so it takes.

McDman
05-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Sounds like fun, if I was still in college I'd definitely do it for the hell of it.

Drunk Monkey
06-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Any reason to do this disappeared the second I hit 21.