PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your NBA Champion a.k.a. The "Lesser Of Two Evils" NBA Finals Thread

RhymesayersDU
05-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Pick your poison. The team that everybody hates (Los Angeles Lakers) against the area with easily the most annoying fans on the planet (Boston Celtics).

Besides picking the team, pick the games. Those who pick correctly will be given the power to ban somebody for a week.

OK not really. But vote.

Arkansas Bronco
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Not a option but I take the Grizzlies in 4. Now stop making stupid polls. Damn i thought baja left.

azbroncfan
05-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Lakers in 6 hoping for boston though.

Flex Gunmetal
05-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Not a option but I take the Grizzlies in 4. Now stop making stupid polls. Damn i thought baja left.

Calm down child.

I wish they could both lose. Either way it's going to be unbearable.

Jason in LA
05-30-2010, 02:28 PM
This is going to be a hate parade. ;D

RhymesayersDU
05-31-2010, 01:15 AM

I'm rooting for Boston but LA will win.

Florida_Bronco
05-31-2010, 02:27 AM
Tough one, but I'm going with the Celtics due to my Boston roots.

broncocalijohn
05-31-2010, 02:48 AM
There is no poison. Lakers all the way! Taking them in 6 games with their home court advantage.

Killericon
05-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Blackhawks in 6.

ZONA
05-31-2010, 03:37 AM
I wonder which player Phil Jackson is going to start talking **** about before this series. He'll probably say something lame like, Rondo gets away with traveling or something, or Garnett throws elbows and doesn't get called for them, hahaha.

I'd have to say the Lakers will probably win. The way Kobe is playing right now, he's making almost anything he throws at the rim. I know the Celtics are a much better defensive team then the Suns but there is nobody on this planet that can cover him, and sometimes not even 2 guys keep him from making circus shots consistantly. I think the key for Boston to win is Rondo has to penetrate the lane all day long. None of the Laker guards can cover him. He really is the key for Boston. If he plays great, they have a chance.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-31-2010, 05:23 AM
It's really simple for the Lakers: Keep Rondo out of the paint and contest jumpers. The aging 3 can't create their own shot vs our match-ups - they need Rondo to do the heavy lifting (similar to a Nash-led team.) If the Lakers can contain the amount of damage Rondo does in the paint they will show Boston just how old they have become - plain and simple. Boston won their series because nobody on the floor could contain Rondo while matching up with Peirce. The Lakers have the pieces to take all those match-ups away - and they will.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-31-2010, 05:26 AM

Ha!

It's about the equivalent of what it would be like if the Raiders were an NFC team and were facing the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

Jason in LA
05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
I'd really say that the Celtics will have to control the game from the defensive end, which is what they do. They have to hold the Lakers in the 90s. If the Lakers can go off for 100+ a game then the Celtics don't have much of a chance. But if the games are played in the 80s to 90s point range, then the Lakers are going to have real problems.

The Lakers have been out played at the point guard position in every series, but they haven't had a Game 7 yet. This series will be no different. They'll get out played by Rondo at point guard. If the Lakers offense can run efficiently then it won't matter if Rondo out plays them. But if the Celtics D controls the games, then Rondo will be a huge factor.

oubronco
05-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Lakers

Man-Goblin
05-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Lake show in 5. I said it, 5.

Rohirrim
05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/rayray323_2008/LosAngelesLakersEveryoneelsesucks.jpg

FADERPROOF
05-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Lakers in 6, hoping that it's a sweep though either way so it can just get over with.

azbroncfan
05-31-2010, 09:33 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/rayray323_2008/LosAngelesLakersEveryoneelsesucks.jpg
Well the fans of the Lakers root for this come football season.

OBF1
05-31-2010, 11:56 AM

You are an idiot... I am a Laker die hard and a huge Bronco fan. I am willing to bet I can shove faider fan up your butt.

robbieopperude
05-31-2010, 12:08 PM
I see the Celtics front line of Perkins, Garnett, Sheed handling the Lakers front line just like a couple of years ago. Kobe will get his 30 but the junk that Gasol, Bynum, and Odom have been getting against smaller teams won't happen here and they will lose in 5. After the losses pile up look for the blame to fall on Bynum who has been overrated since he joined the NBA. Everyone is talking about not matching up w/Kobe but really the Lakers are the ones who have the most matchup problems. Celtics are hot and there "D" is really strong right now.

sisterhellfyre
05-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Broncos by 8. They're a touchdown better than the Lakers, and playing on their home diamond should give the Broncos an extra field goal for cushion.

Pick Six
05-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Just because I think it would be funny to see it happen, I'll go with the Celtics for the sweep...Hilarious!

azbroncfan
05-31-2010, 01:05 PM
You are an idiot... I am a Laker die hard and a huge Bronco fan. I am willing to bet I can shove faider fan up your butt.

Just pointing out that stupid ass picture was designed by Fade fans that have the Fu&K the rest stickers you see on every Fade fan low rider truck.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Blackhawks in 6.

Toews and Kane will skate circles around the Lakers. IMO, the Lakers frontcourt will get totally frustrated trying to defend the Chicago cycle game. Byfuglien should be able to irritate the **** out of Kobe. I agree....Hawks in 6.

;D

Gort
05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
who f'ing cares?!

except for gang bangers and gang banger wannabes, who even pays attention to the NBA?

RhymesayersDU
05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
who f'ing cares?!

except for gang bangers and gang banger wannabes, who even pays attention to the NBA?

Yes I agree, all black people are gangbangers.

Gort
05-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes I agree, all black people are gangbangers.

oh, i forgot. everything is racial with you.

whatever.

i can appreciate the college game.

but the NBA is just a bunch of thugs. hard to root for one group of thugs over another.

Jason in LA
05-31-2010, 03:10 PM

Didn't we already go over this in a different thread? That's just lame.

Jason in LA
05-31-2010, 03:13 PM
who f'ing cares?!

Man, the lame posts are really coming out.

ZONA
05-31-2010, 03:13 PM

whatever.

but the NBA is just a bunch of thugs. hard to root for one group of thugs over another.

You can appreciate the college game, but you think the NBA players are thugs. Who the hell do you think is playing in the NBA? Mostly guys who played college ball. Contradict yourself often?

RhymesayersDU
05-31-2010, 03:15 PM

whatever.

You made this racial, not me. When you use racist code words, it's a not-so-discrete way of dancing around what you really want to say, isn't it?

Oh look, you used another. "Thugs." The NBA is "full of thugs." Based on what, exactly? You're the one labeling a predominantly black league a bunch of thugs. Why is that, exactly? What is one supposed to infer from that? It's prejudice at its worst. It's judging an entire group of people with zero justification.

You can spin this anyway you want, but it's painfully obvious that the NBA is simply too black for you. It scares you, for whatever reason. That's sad, in this day and age. If you just didn't like the NBA because it doesn't entertain you, hey, no problem. But you just said it yourself. "hard to root for one group of thugs over another." How are these guys thugs, exactly? Or why don't you just say what you want to say: "hard to root for one group of ****ers over another."

Jason in LA
05-31-2010, 03:16 PM

whatever.

Yeah, when the Lakers get to Boston for Games 3,4 and 5, Kobe, Pao, and Fish are going to do a drive by on Ray Allen's house. It will be gang related.

The Lakers protected their turf well against those gang bangers on the Suns.

Gort
05-31-2010, 04:51 PM
You can appreciate the college game, but you think the NBA players are thugs. Who the hell do you think is playing in the NBA? Mostly guys who played college ball. Contradict yourself often?

um... in case you hadn't noticed, only a tiny handful of college players make it to the NBA.

the overwhelming majority of college players have their careers end once they graduate.

sure, the best players from college go onto the NBA, but those are also usually the most selfish and the most coddled of the players you see in college.

take a look at the 64 team NCAA tournament and tell me that isn't more compelling than the NBA? where almost every team makes the playoffs. where almost every team has more than its fair share of narcissistic players.... and carry guns into the locker room... and they cover themselves with "prison style" tattoos so that they can enhance their "street cred".

yes, the NBA is full of thugs. what's shocking is that that comes as news to you.

Gort
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
You made this racial, not me. When you use racist code words, it's a not-so-discrete way of dancing around what you really want to say, isn't it?

Oh look, you used another. "Thugs." The NBA is "full of thugs." Based on what, exactly? You're the one labeling a predominantly black league a bunch of thugs. Why is that, exactly? What is one supposed to infer from that? It's prejudice at its worst. It's judging an entire group of people with zero justification.

You can spin this anyway you want, but it's painfully obvious that the NBA is simply too black for you. It scares you, for whatever reason. That's sad, in this day and age. If you just didn't like the NBA because it doesn't entertain you, hey, no problem. But you just said it yourself. "hard to root for one group of thugs over another." How are these guys thugs, exactly? Or why don't you just say what you want to say: "hard to root for one group of ****ers over another."

oh, i see. thug is a "code word". my bad.

here's some more code words for you.

you are a "wonderful "human being". i "admire" and "respect" everything you "say". you are a "role model". your "parents" must be very "proud".

did you get that?

FADERPROOF
05-31-2010, 06:59 PM
um... in case you hadn't noticed, only a tiny handful of college players make it to the NBA.

the overwhelming majority of college players have their careers end once they graduate.

sure, the best players from college go onto the NBA, but those are also usually the most selfish and the most coddled of the players you see in college.

take a look at the 64 team NCAA tournament and tell me that isn't more compelling than the NBA? where almost every team makes the playoffs. where almost every team has more than its fair share of narcissistic players.... and carry guns into the locker room... and they cover themselves with "prison style" tattoos so that they can enhance their "street cred".

yes, the NBA is full of thugs. what's shocking is that that comes as news to you.

Which players are thugs to you?

I'll name what college they attending, it should be a fun game.

bronco0608
05-31-2010, 07:10 PM
I just don't see the Lakers having enough depth to handle the Celtics. The lakers are in reality, 8 deep at most, with a shortage of big men. Lamar is a nasty sixth man, but Farmar, Vujacic, and Brown are a mixed bag and you don't know who is going to show up on a given night.

The Lakers are giving up a full 10 more points a game in the playoffs than the Celtics and I dont' know if they can match the physicality of them either.

But the Lakers do have Kobe, and with Kobe anything is possible. He is the best player in the game. If Gasol can get over his fear of KG, if Bynum comes up big, it will be a very close series.

In the end though, I have the Celtics in six. But if Kobe REALLY is as good as MJ, then the Lakers win it. Enough said. Because Michael Jordan with this crew of Lakers could be the Celtics. But if the lakers lose, it is over for the Kobe/MJ comparisons. If he can't elevate his team over the Celtics for a second in the finals, he will officially be labeled as the 2nd greatest shooting guard of all time, a distant second to MJ.

So lets see what happens.

Gort
05-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Which players are thugs to you?

I'll name what college they attending, it should be a fun game.

how about just looking at the home team... Denver.

Carmelo Anthony - was part of the "stop snitchin" video which warned people not to report crimes to authorities under penalty of personal violence. also DUI arrests.
Kenyon Martin - Mark Cuban has publicly called this guy one of the league's thugs because of his aggressive fouls on the court.
Iverson (recently left the Nuggets) - pretty much the poster child for NBA thugs.

the only other Nugget name i know is Billips (because i don't follow the NBA!!!). he appears to be a good citizen. so 3 of the 4 names of Nuggets players that i've heard of in the past couple of years have been thugs to one degree or another.

not a good ratio.

Jason in LA
05-31-2010, 10:35 PM

Carmelo Anthony - was part of the "stop snitchin" video which warned people not to report crimes to authorities under penalty of personal violence. also DUI arrests.
Kenyon Martin - Mark Cuban has publicly called this guy one of the league's thugs because of his aggressive fouls on the court.
Iverson (recently left the Nuggets) - pretty much the poster child for NBA thugs.

the only other Nugget name i know is Billips (because i don't follow the NBA!!!). he appears to be a good citizen. so 3 of the 4 names of Nuggets players that i've heard of in the past couple of years have been thugs to one degree or another.

not a good ratio.

Since you have so much of a problem with the NBA, then leave the thread and let us NBA fans discuss the NBA Finals. Problem solved.

p7superfly
05-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Lake Show will wrap it up in 6.

cutthemdown
05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Anyone who thinks NBA has more thugs then the NFL is an idiot. Just by sheer numbers NFL has more. So get your sports from great athletes and get your guidance from a trusted friend, mentor, pastor, priest, whatever. Do you check to make sure every actor in a movie you are seeing isn't a thug? It's just stupid anyways most of these players are gym rats, not gangmembers, have never been in a gang.

Hell Kobe grew up in Italy or something right?

ZONA
05-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Anyone who thinks NBA has more thugs then the NFL is an idiot. Just by sheer numbers NFL has more. So get your sports from great athletes and get your guidance from a trusted friend, mentor, pastor, priest, whatever. Do you check to make sure every actor in a movie you are seeing isn't a thug? It's just stupid anyways most of these players are gym rats, not gangmembers, have never been in a gang.

Hell Kobe grew up in Italy or something right?

To even further your point, I think over the last 15 years or so, many more NFL players have been arrested for more severe violent crimes then NBA players have. I'm certain of it.

cutthemdown
06-01-2010, 12:13 AM
To even further your point, I think over the last 15 years or so, many more NFL players have been arrested for more severe violent crimes then NBA players have. I'm certain of it.

I think people just say things without thinking. I doubt that person really is against the NBA because they are thugs. He doesn't like NBA and he blurted out a reason that he probably really doesn't know is true or not.

I could care less if the Broncos players are good guys to tell you the truth. I will take a player who spits on me, bangs my G/F then goes and get's 5 sacks and fumble return for a td over one that goes helps little orphans find homes but can't play football.

Besides its better if we just have disdain for these football players. Then we can laugh and be happy when they get heads smashed and don't know what what day it is.

I draw the line at murder though..and child rape......ok rape all together. Ok so murder, rape, crimes against children, but other then that just win baby.

Mr.Meanie
06-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, when the Lakers get to Boston for Games 3,4 and 5, Kobe, Pao, and Fish are going to do a drive by on Ray Allen's house. It will be gang related.

The Lakers protected their turf well against those gang bangers on the Suns.

:rofl:

Didn't you know? Nash runs the mean streets of Phoenix.

Also, an NFL fan calling NBA players thugs? Either you are an idiot and you can't see the hypocrisy of your statement, or you are trying to troll for responses. I would argue the former.

FADERPROOF
06-01-2010, 05:35 PM

not a good ratio.

Carmelo Anthony - Syracuse

Kenyon Martin - Cincinnati

Allen Iverson - Georgetown

They came from college, so they must not be thugs then , right?

2KBack
06-01-2010, 06:05 PM

not a good ratio.

Maybe i shouldn't stick my nose in this, but...

If you don't follow the NBA, and know only the few players that have made negative headlines, does that really give you the information you need to conclude that the NBA is just a bunch of thugs?

RhymesayersDU
06-02-2010, 07:34 PM

not a good ratio.

Do we really need to go through all the Broncos (or NFL players in general) who have been in trouble with the law or done something stupid? Even the great Rod Smith beat his girlfriend.

I mean this is hilarious at best. Actually it's not so much hilarious as it is sad. You lead a sad, racist life.

And no matter how much you spin it, your line about not being able to "root for one group of ****ers over another" still speaks volumes.

RhymesayersDU
06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe i shouldn't stick my nose in this, but...

If you don't follow the NBA, and know only the few players that have made negative headlines, does that really give you the information you need to conclude that the NBA is just a bunch of thugs?

No, it doesn't. This all boils down to a bunch of ****ers with tattoos. The type of guys who he'd have a stroke over if his daughter brought one home.

Hadn't you heard? Black people are inherently evil, and predisposed to things like crime, etc.

It's sad.

Like I said before, if basketball isn't somebody's cup of tea, that's cool. There are lots of things I don't like. But when you label the entire NBA "gangbangers" or a "thugs" it is just ripe with racist undertones. He can spin it anyway he wants, but it's racist and it's pretty sad.