PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Symphony Broadcast tonight Beethoven and Adams

Boobs McGee
05-28-2010, 03:20 PM
So, I'm in the Colorado Symphony Orchestra Chorus...they told me that they're going to be broadcasting our concert on 88.1 KVOD.

It's Jeffrey Kahane's last concert conducting here, so if you're a fan of the symphony tune in! We're going to be performing two pieces, the first is by american composer John Adams, "on the transmigration of souls". He was commissioned to write a piece centering around the september 11th attacks. It's a very interesting arrangement. Second, is going to be Beethoven's symphony #9. The ol' classic.

Anywho, for any of you music lovers out there who won't be able to attend tonight, listen for free on the radio!! I think it starts around 7-7:30.

Here are the program notes on the pieces
http://www.coloradosymphony.org/media/EDocs/Beethoven_and_Adams_Program_Notes.pdf

Cheers everybody

broncosteven
05-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Good luck.

I really liked Adam's Opera based on Oppenheimer and I am not a fan of new Opera's. He also wrote a piece for the opening season of the new young conductor from Colombia or Boliva who took over the LA symphony. I liked that one also.

Never was a big fan of the Minimalists but Adams is growing on me.

Beethoven was a genius, he would go on long walks and make notes of ideas and write them later. Most of his symphonies were written in his head especially after he was deaf which make the 9th and the Grosse Fugue (his last String quartet and last piece) even more amazing. Beethoven was 10-20 years ahead of his time.

Break a leg.