PDA

View Full Version : That Was Quick - Lendale White cut.

cmhargrove
05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Source: White out in Seattle
EmailPrintComments
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive
The LenDale White experiment in Seattle is over.

White, according to a source, was released on Friday.

Acquired from the Tennessee Titans in a trade, White reported to the Seahawks in great shape. He was less than 220 pounds after being 250 pounds at times as a member of the Titans.

White came to the Seahawks during the third day of the NFL draft in a swap of multiple draft choices that also allowed the Seahawks to acquire defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson. The trade reunited White with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, whom White played for at USC.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Mr.Meanie
05-28-2010, 02:57 PM
lol

Archer81
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Oh lord...

:Broncos:

Baba Booey
05-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Cut by Carroll nonetheless. Lollerskates.

Mr. Elway
05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
paging Mike Shanahan

loborugger
05-28-2010, 03:19 PM
paging Mike Shanahan

The Skins already have a FB, and Mike Sellers is a pretty good one at that.

Los Broncos
05-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Let's bring him in for a look.

hookemhess
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Obligatory "he could break off 2k in our system."

Mogulseeker
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Let's bring him in for a look.

I played in the same high school conference as Lendale White. I don't mean to talk ****, but he really is kind of a douchebag.

Mogulseeker
05-28-2010, 03:32 PM
I guess he could play the role of fullback in short yardage situations... maybe give him one or two carries a game.

Grover
05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Obligatory "he could break off 2k in our system."

Yeah, except "our" system is now located in Washington DC.

So I don't think we can use that quote any longer, at least until our backs have some success.

Los Broncos
05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
I played in the same high school conference as Lendale White. I don't mean to talk ****, but he really is kind of a douchebag.

I was kidding, someone had to say it, just getting that out of the way.

Borks147
05-28-2010, 03:43 PM
he'd break off 2000 yards in Washington's system...

broncosteven
05-28-2010, 03:53 PM
There were a lot of people here who wanted to draft him. Not sure who but I remember lots being disappointed he went to the Titans.

cmhargrove
05-28-2010, 03:55 PM
I guess he could play the role of fullback in short yardage situations... maybe give him one or two carries a game.

But he's smaller than several of our tailbacks, that might be a problem...

Kaylore
05-28-2010, 04:09 PM
This is the same fatty who blew off his interviews leading up to the draft and faked injuries on his pro-day. That didn't stop half the board from leg humping him. He is what he is. Buyer beware.

loborugger
05-28-2010, 04:16 PM
This is the same fatty who blew off his interviews leading up to the draft and faked injuries on his pro-day. That didn't stop half the board from leg humping him. He is what he is. Buyer beware.

No doubt. If your college coach, a guy who knows you better than anyone else in the NFL (besides the team that just let you guy), trades for you and then turns around and cuts you... what else need be said. I hope he likes Canada, that's his best bet now.

TonyR
05-28-2010, 04:30 PM
LenDale facing four-game suspension
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 28, 2010 6:07 PM ET

If any team signs free agent running back LenDale White, it can't expect to have him for the first four games of the 2010 season.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that White is facing a four-game drug suspension.

It is not clear whether the Seahawks, who waived White today, knew of the pending suspension when they acquired him in a trade with the Tennessee Titans during the NFL draft. But La Canfora reports that the reasons for the Seahawks releasing him go beyond the suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/28/lendale-facing-four-game-suspension/

extralife
05-28-2010, 04:40 PM
The dude can get in the endzone. This whole suspension thing is a no-no though.

broncosteven
05-28-2010, 05:36 PM
LenDale facing four-game suspension
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 28, 2010 6:07 PM ET

If any team signs free agent running back LenDale White, it can't expect to have him for the first four games of the 2010 season.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that White is facing a four-game drug suspension.

It is not clear whether the Seahawks, who waived White today, knew of the pending suspension when they acquired him in a trade with the Tennessee Titans during the NFL draft. But La Canfora reports that the reasons for the Seahawks releasing him go beyond the suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/28/lendale-facing-four-game-suspension/

Why is that not a surprise?

Hogan11
05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Another jerk shown the door....justice is served.

KipCorrington25
05-28-2010, 05:54 PM

He played in about three conferences being recruited all over... :P

Dagmar
05-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Another jerk shown the door....justice is served.

It is always heartening. To so many American children and men this is the dream job, millions playing a game they love. When wasters enter the league and don't bother their arse, it's fantastic watching it all go horribly wrong.

elsid13
05-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Alex Gibbs must of seen him up close and spent him packing.

hookemhess
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
I hate USC even more than OU--but I respect Lendale. He showed up to play at the Rosebowl while the rest of his overrated backfield disappeared.

Pete definitely means business. I wonder if Lendale is going to get butt hurt like Taylor Mays.

Popps
05-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah, except "our" system is now located in Washington DC.

So I don't think we can use that quote any longer, at least until our backs have some success.

[ ] fun at parties

Mogulseeker
05-28-2010, 09:37 PM
He played in about three conferences being recruited all over... :P

CHSAA 5a - South Jeffco conference.

During White's reign at Chatfield the conference consisted of:
Bear Creek, Chatfield, Dakota Ridge, Columbine, Pomona, Standley Lake, Arvada, Arvada West, Green Mountain... I think Mullen actually participate in that conference, because they were a private school. At least, we played them every year.

He started at Denver East, then "moved" to Littleton to play for Dave Logan in Chatfield.

I played for Dakota Ridge, back when the Eagles were actually one of the top teams in Colorado, and still in 5a. Chatfield was our major rivals at the time, along with Columbine and Bear Creek.

I told the story about the game I played in @ Chatfield. Our coach, who I never though highly of, put me in at SS, which I hated playing because I was a 5'8" 170lb kid covering 6'3" 230lb TEs. One one play Lendale White busted through and I had to tackle him, and it sucked balls - aside from the fact that that dude never tried to be elusive, so he bull-rushed straight through me, I managed to wrap up and tangle up his feet, after he drove through me for like 4 yards. They had no offense though, but we still lost and the final score was like 68-56 or something like that. White averaged like 8ypc on us.

It was like Nate Kaeding trying to bring down Peyton Hillis on a kickoff.

Cito Pelon
05-29-2010, 02:35 AM
I saw a quote somewhere the SEA GM said White "didn't seem like he wanted to play for the Seahawks" or something similar.