PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Thomas' Twitter remarks stir pot

Man-Goblin
05-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Broncos' Thomas' Twitter remarks stir pot

WR's Twitter talk roils Broncos camp

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Demaryius Thomas and his broken foot were all a-Twitter.

And then poof! the tweets disappeared.

Thomas, the Broncos' first draft pick and No. 22 overall last month, wrote on his Twitter account Monday: "Bout 2 to get some xrays!"

A couple of hours later, Thomas tweeted: "Sad."

By Wednesday, those messages were removed from his Twitter account.

Conspiracy theorists lit up the Internet message boards. Calling all Twitters! Calling all Twitters!

Thomas' back-to-back tweets, and the subsequent removal of them, immediately raised reminders of the risks involved in using a first-round draft pick on a receiver with a broken foot. Thomas has been sidelined since breaking the fifth metatarsal in his left foot while training for the NFL scouting combine in February.

But a Broncos source said that upon closer inspection, the tweets were several hours apart and unrelated. The team had no official comment, but the source said, "I can assure you 100 percent that there was nothing 'sad' about his recent X-rays."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15178887?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

WTF? I saw no lighting up of this internet message board. You guys are slackin. :nono:

dbfan21
05-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Ugly reminder as to why I hate the offseason...media people tossing anything against the wall in hopes it sticks.

tsiguy96
05-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Ugly reminder as to why I hate the offseason...media people tossing anything against the wall in hopes it sticks.

"non story" is unheard of in offseason

oubronco
05-28-2010, 06:56 AM
And he still isn't on the field

buy a clue

Hamrob
05-28-2010, 07:04 AM
It is what it is. We didn't draft this kid to explode onto the field as a rookie. That wasn't going to happen with the foot injury. We drafted him because of his long term potential...same goes for Decker.

They're going to be fine...but foot injuries take a long time to heal and then feel 100%. This year...both these guys will play limited roles. Next year will be their breakout years!

Like Orton said...they need to be running the plays over and over in order to get a good grasp of what is going on. These two, unfortunately, won't get that oppurtunity until training camp...which means their timing with Orton/Quinn will be way off.

tsiguy96
05-28-2010, 07:07 AM
It is what it is. We didn't draft this kid to explode onto the field as a rookie. That wasn't going to happen with the foot injury. We drafted him because of his long term potential...same goes for Decker.

They're going to be fine...but foot injuries take a long time to heal and then feel 100%. This year...both these guys will play limited roles. Next year will be their breakout years!

Like Orton said...they need to be running the plays over and over in order to get a good grasp of what is going on. These two, unfortunately, won't get that oppurtunity until training camp...which means their timing with Orton/Quinn will be way off.

i think you underestimate the value of being in the situation and as they call it, "mental reps"

they will be behind, but its not like you can scratch their rookie years, especially if they are both there for training camp

meangene
05-28-2010, 07:12 AM
i think you underestimate the value of being in the situation and as they call it, "mental reps"

they will be behind, but its not like you can scratch their rookie years, especially if they are both there for training camp

Crabtree was pretty productive last year after not signing until after the season had started coming off of an injury and not having even gotten mental reps. All reports are Thomas will be ready to go at the beginning of training camp and it is hopeful Decker will be ready then as well. I expect them both to be significant contributors this year.

Durango
05-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Both are superb talents worth their draft positions, even much more so with Decker. If one or both needed time to heal, I expect it will be well worth the wait. I was thrilled with both players and if patience is needed, so be it. I slept better just knowing it wasn't Dez Bryant.

Dagmar
05-28-2010, 07:14 AM
I follow his twitters and he rarely "tweets" so when those were the two it was a bit disconcerting!

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2010, 07:24 AM
where there is smoke there is fire...

if he tweeted that his x-ray results were "sad" then that means that at least to some degree there was something not good in the results...otherwise he would've never tweeted such a thing...

my guess is he won't be on the field as much as he or any of us would've liked..but so as long as it isn't career threatening, thats fine with me...

bowtown
05-28-2010, 07:32 AM

if he tweeted that his x-ray results were "sad" then that means that at least to some degree there was something not good in the results...otherwise he would've never tweeted such a thing...

my guess is he won't be on the field as much as he or any of us would've liked..but so as long as it isn't career threatening, thats fine with me...

Try to keep up. No where did he tweet that his x-ray results were "sad." He could have just been easily talking about how he felt that the McDonald's milkshake machine wasn't working later that afternoon.

IHaveALight
05-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Do the Broncos have a policy about players using twitter?
Is it possible he got in trouble for the x-ray comment and that's why the next one was "sad"?

Dagmar
05-28-2010, 07:39 AM

The comment "sad" was made 19 hours after going for x-rays. They followed each other but he VERY rarely tweets.

The Joker
05-28-2010, 07:41 AM
I fully expected this thread to be about Marcus Thomas before I entered.

Anyway, hopefully he had just recorded the last episode of Lost the night before and was just sad that it was finished or some **** like that.

gyldenlove
05-28-2010, 07:53 AM
I heard from an entirely disreputable source that Thomas was just diagnosed with Betus and what they thought was a foot injury turned out to be severe Betus induced infection and they had to amputate the foot to save the leg.

bowtown
05-28-2010, 07:59 AM
I heard from an entirely disreputable source that Thomas was just diagnosed with Betus and what they thought was a foot injury turned out to be severe Betus induced infection and they had to amputate the foot to save the leg.

Probably from too much drinking.

oubronco
05-28-2010, 08:04 AM
i heard from an entirely disreputable source that thomas was just diagnosed with betus and what they thought was a foot injury turned out to be severe betus induced infection and they had to amputate the foot to save the leg.

ugh

Beantown Bronco
05-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Anyway, hopefully he had just recorded the last episode of Lost the night before and was just sad that it was finished or some **** like that.

Nah, I heard he simply found out that Lee beat Crystal in the American Idol finals.

oubronco
05-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Nah, I heard he simply found out that Lee beat Crystal in the American Idol finals.

Who the hell is Lee and Crystal are they a singing duo or a couple?

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Try to keep up. No where did he tweet that his x-ray results were "sad." He could have just been easily talking about how he felt that the McDonald's milkshake machine wasn't working later that afternoon.

i doubt that, but if you choose to see it that way so be it...

and is it necessary to have the attitude?...

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2010, 08:16 AM
The comment "sad" was made 19 hours after going for x-rays. They followed each other but he VERY rarely tweets.

right, but considering how rarely he tweets and that his sad post came right after his x-ray post...it would imply to me that the comment was regarding his xrays...

and if not, then why remove it?...

where ever there is smoke there is usually a fire...albeit maybe a small (hopefully)...

i doubt its anything serious, but we knew the guy was hurt when we drafted him...it's not a big deal...i think he'll be good...

Mr.Meanie
05-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Ugh...can't wait for TC

gyldenlove
05-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Maybe his donkey died

_Oro_
05-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Yay, overreaction. Here's the optimist spin.

He probably was feeling good and thought he might get on the field early.
They said he better have x-rays first so he gotem, but the prognosis came out
that he should still wait till TC as they had planned before.

Kaylore
05-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Yay, overreaction. Here's the optimist spin.

He probably was feeling good and thought he might get on the field early.
They said he better have x-rays first so he gotem, but the prognosis came out
that he should still wait till TC as they had planned before.

That's what I think. I wouldn't expect to see either him or Decker until training camp.

Paladin
05-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Klis must come to the Mane often. There is no subject too pedestrian for him to chatter about.....

:~ohyah!:

Man-Goblin
05-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Not enough pot stirring in here.

oubronco
05-28-2010, 10:09 AM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3873/weedvendingmachinefi1.gif

bowtown
05-28-2010, 10:24 AM
i doubt that, but if you choose to see it that way so be it...

and is it necessary to have the attitude?...

Really bad morning. Didn't mean for the attitude.

BMF Bronco
05-28-2010, 10:27 AM
He's got the Herp.

fdf
05-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Do the Broncos have a policy about players using twitter?
Is it possible he got in trouble for the x-ray comment and that's why the next one was "sad"?

Yes, they do have a policy. The players are not permitted to use readable English.

HILife
05-28-2010, 10:41 AM

That's kind of messed up that he beat her. Did he do it B. Marshall style or just went straight O.J. on her?

no-pseudo-fan
05-28-2010, 10:42 AM
He tweeted that he got a x ray. hours later he watched "The Notebook" or the last game of the broncos season, and he tweeted....sad

gyldenlove
05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
He's got the Herp.

That **** will come home with you.

Los Broncos
05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
He caught the vapors.

Houshyamama
05-28-2010, 11:10 AM

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/15985062/view/1/producttypecolor/25/type/png/width/280/height/280

gtown
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Maybe he was simply commenting on the state of Dez Bryant's life, like he did after we picked him.

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Really bad morning. Didn't mean for the attitude.

i been there...

don't sweat it...

ShutDownPoster
05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I Fractured my 5th metatarsal in my left foot ten days ago.
My tweet was ****!! :-)

Cito Pelon
05-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Not enough pot stirring in here.

OK. Fine. :pimp:

You asked for it, you get it. Even though you don't really want it.

IMO, it's fair to criticize the current Bronco brain trust for drafting injured players after the former Bronco brain trust was criticized for drafting injured players.

We'll see how it plays out. I'm sorry, but honestly I'm worried about how many downs Thomas and Decker will play in the next 5 years.

I have to be fair. I was very critical about Tony Scheffler with the same foot problems and the rosy expectations for Tony. Unless medical science has progressed mightily, in fairness I have to be as critical about rosy expectations for D. Thomas and Decker.

elsid13
05-29-2010, 04:53 AM
He's got the Herp.

Better then the HIV