PDA

View Full Version : Sony brings HBO Library to PS3...

Archer81
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Sony Announces Deal to Bring HBO's Library to the PS3
By Mike Sharkey | May 25, 2010
The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, others headed to Sony's console.

Sony is working hard to fulfill its promise of making the PlayStation 3 more than a gaming console. Today the company announced that, starting today, a major chunk of HBO's library of original programming will be available on the PlayStation Network.

Every Tuesday, HBO will release new shows and seasons on the PlayStation Network for purchase, and there is already a wide selection of choices. Seasons one and two of True Blood, seasons one and two of Entourage, and multiple seasons from The Sopranos, The Wire, and Curb Your Enthusiasm are now available, among others.

"The HBO library of premium original content is a perfect example of how PS3 has become the most content rich entertainment platform in the living room," said Peter Dille, senior vice president, marketing and PlayStation Network. "When you combine the iconic programming from HBO with the existing TV, film, live sports and original programming available on PlayStation Network, our customers have access to the content they want, when they want it, at home or on the go with the PSP."

Specific pricing details were not provided, but multiple sources are reporting that individual episodes will be available for $2.99. And the service will be linked to HBO's DVD releases. New and live programming will not be available for PSN download until it is released on DVD.

"We're extremely pleased to offer our premium programming on Sony Computer Entertainment's PS3 system," said Henry McGee, president, HBO Home Entertainment. "This premier gaming system will offer an exciting new way for consumers to purchase HBO's award-winning programming."

http://ps3.gamespy.com/articles/109/1092576p1.html

Los Broncos
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Nice, I use the Netflix DVD on PS3 for a ton of movies, that thing is ****ing cool.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Purchase? Meh. Stream that crap.

broncosteven
05-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Library has a lot of this stuff for free.

Man-Goblin
05-27-2010, 01:25 PM

That's what I like to hear.

I already have HBO on demand but it's good to have options.

Dagmar
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM

Demonoid has all this stuff for free!

broncsyanks
05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
the best gaming system

80smith
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
I cant wait till they allow the PS3 to dvr shows. I think in europe they already have it....

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Netflix > this

scttgrd
05-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Demonoid has all this stuff for free!

Demonoid all free and in glorious HD. Besides with $ony it probably has a root kit in there somewhere.