PDA

View Full Version : wow, that was fast

tsiguy96
05-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Lindsay Jones PostBroncos

Looks like Tebow has moved ahead of Brandstater. Third-string!

Los Broncos
05-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Another Tebow thread, nice.

randomtask
05-27-2010, 10:17 AM
What are the odds that he'll be second string by the start of the season?

What about starting sometime this season?

I still think that the second won't happen, but this definitely ups the chances.

chawknz
05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Good thread title.

BlaK-Argentina
05-27-2010, 10:24 AM
I never understood the Brandstater hype... he looked really pedestrian to me. I believe he'll be cut at some time.

BroncoBuff
05-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I never understood the Brandstater hype... he looked really pedestrian to me. I believe he'll be cut at some time.

Either that, or we trade him for a mid-round pick.

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 10:31 AM

He's athletic, is naturally accurate and has a great arm. What's not to like? for a sixth round project with all the physical tools (and he's a good soldier) it's easy to pull for him.

Hopefully this move heralds more that Tebow is doing really well than Brandstater isn't.

broncocalijohn
05-27-2010, 10:34 AM
He's athletic, is naturally accurate and has a great arm. What's not to like? for a sixth round project with all the physical tools (and he's a good soldier) it's easy to pull for him.

Hopefully this move heralds more that Tebow is doing really well than Brandstater isn't.

Plus, I hear 3rd string QBs fetch good draft picks to Seattle.

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 10:41 AM
We should probably merge threads.

BroncoBuff
05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Plus, I hear 3rd string QBs fetch good draft picks to Seattle.

That Whitehurst thing is pretty weird ... I dunno what Carroll and Jeremy Bates were thinking. The radio talk shows up here, the callers, they sound pretty skeptical themselves.

And I joke about Brandstater, but my guess is he will make the team. He's PS eligible, and we need somebody to run the scout team.

Tebow can't run the scout team because he'll be too busy learning our offense and prepping for Wild Horses stuff ... so my guess is we keep all four.

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2010, 11:24 AM
What are the odds that he'll be second string by the start of the season?

What about starting sometime this season?

I still think that the second won't happen, but this definitely ups the chances.

i think it is all but a certainty. he has to be number 2 on the depth chart to be used in games. if he is listed as number 3, the moment the team puts him on the field we can't change QB's until the 4th quarter.

broncosteven
05-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Good thread title.

I think it was subliminal, TSI must hear that alot after sex...

LOL

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 11:45 AM
i think it is all but a certainty. he has to be number 2 on the depth chart to be used in games. if he is listed as number 3, the moment the team puts him on the field we can't change QB's until the 4th quarter.

Not if they keep all three listed as "actives" on the game day roster, which they very well might do. I would. Tebow could hold a lot more value during a game than some #7 DB that only comes in on some kick/punt coverage teams.

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Not if they keep all three listed as "actives" on the game day roster, which they very well might do. I would. Tebow could hold a lot more value during a game than some #7 DB that only comes in on some kick/punt coverage teams.

good point, i didn't think of that. i was just thuinking of the traditional depth chart system with QBs, and not the situation we have where we are going to get Tebow on the field quite a bit even though he isn't starting.

broncosteven
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Just the threat of unleashing Tebow would be good for at least one or 2 wins a year!

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Just the threat of unleashing Tebow would be good for at least one or 2 wins a year!

his size and strength will make a huge difference at the goal line and should help in increasing PPG simply by his presence. with him on the field it will open things up even if used solely as a decoy or as the main ball carrier.

Florida_Bronco
05-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Exactly.

broncosteven
05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
his size and strength will make a huge difference at the goal line and should help in increasing PPG simply by his presence. with him on the field it will open things up even if used solely as a decoy or as the main ball carrier.

Kinda like Bradley Van Pelt vs KFC?

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Kinda like Bradley Van Pelt vs KFC?

that's an interesting thought, but in a way yes, only used a lot more frequently.

it's funny to thank that had Van Pelt been coming out of college the last couple of years instead of when he did, he probably would have been a mid round pick simply for use in a Wildcat offense and would have probably stuck around longer than just a couple seasons

uplink
05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Good thread title.

yeah for a minute I thought my girlfriend got into my account and started a thread, she has been going on and on about it lately.

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 01:05 PM
yeah for a minute I thought my girlfriend got into my account and started a thread, she has been going on and on about it lately.

:~ohyah!: TSIguy should change the thread title.

Swedish Extrovert
05-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Exactly what I thought. Potential to be a solid backup at best.

Brandstatter = Griese