PDA

View Full Version : Great interview with Brandon Lloyd on QBs, Marshall, McDaniels and more

montrose
05-27-2010, 09:43 AM
http://www.milehighsports.com/Article.asp?id=1307299 (From Klatt and Kreckman show)

Boy is he articulate, not afraid to take a side either. Highlights:

On catching from left handed QBs: Spin on the ball is different, playing with Mark Brunell in Washington - it twists your hands differently than your used to. Thus far, Tim Tebow has a lot of touch on his passes so it hasn't done it as much opposed to Brunell who had a very powerful arm. Been pretty good thus far.

Who has the best arm of the 4 QBs now: From a fan's standpoint the best arm is different than a receiver's stand point. As a receiver, Lloyd stands behind Kyle Orton. Loves how he delivers the ball, has the power and accuracy to throw cross-field comebacks. Has the touch to throw in-cuts across the middle of the field and the touch and accuracy to throw the deep ball. This from playing with him in Chicago and a little last year. That's who is the best QB right now. Orton's been in the system for a year and knows what Josh McDaniels' system needs to execute.

On people saying Orton needs to be traded: Immediate reaction is that's insane. Only two or three QBs that could take the load that was given to them and execute what Coach was trying to execute last season. That was just his 1st year in the system and he was able to execute it. It comes down to everybody else, the line, RBs, WRs and TEs making plays for Orton. If we had made plays for him, we would've won 6 of the lsat 8 games and Orton would've been a Pro Bowler and loved by everybody. It comes down to us making plays for him and letting him look as good as he can look because we all believe in him and his work ethic.

Why doesn't Orton get the respect he deserves: No clue. Work ethic, talent, delivering the ball - he's up in the top 15 guys as a starter in the NFL that makes plays. Maybe doesn't have the physical stature to throw lazers all over the field, can't see why Orton isn't a guy who could lead a team to Super Bowls. Doesn't see people's complaints of why he's not the guy.

On Marshall's departure and potential excitement for more opportunity: Excited for the chance to be back in Denver where he wanted to be, had great rapport with the coaches and players. Not as excited for opportunity because I've been in the league 8 years and it's all about performing. I'll believe it when I see it is my attitude, have confidence that can help the team win. It'll be a group effort, lost a guy that caught 100 balls over the past three years but he never helped the team get to the playoffs.

On why didn't get to play until late: It was frusturating, you don't expect in a bad way for injuries but generally guys get hurt. We were probably won if the league's healthiest teams so the chance to break-in didn't come in until late.

On Brady Quinn: Has a shot at pushing Orton, that's why he'd be brought in. Coach wants a healthy QB competition, I'm assuming. Been impressed working out with Quinn, his work ethic and physical stature. He throws a nice ball but has a lot of catching up to do because the coaching staff demands a lot of the QB. Expect him to feel like he could take the job since he was able to get out of Cleveland. Will good for us all round because the guy who wins the job will be the best for it.

On opening up the offense: Sees it moving as far as Coach feels comfortable, (laughs saying you won't like this answer). That's how it went last season, he didn't feel comfortable throwing the ball down field. He didn't say it or pull anyone aside, but I feel as a player he's going to call the plays he feels comfortable calling. It's up to us to show him he can call those plays and we'll be able to get it done.

Why McDaniels wasn't comfortable going down the field: I think it's personnel.

On Marshall's YPC only being 11, in regards to the personnel issue: Well, that's his stats (laughing).

On the new defensive holding up down the strech: Think it's more of an offensive issue, we stalled after those first 6 games and couldn't move the ball. Thinks the defensive additions are awesome but more important to move the ball, eliminate 3-and-outs and put points on the board. The offense has to stand up more in the long haul for the defense.

On his new site blloyd.com: Not a football site but a lifestyle site. Hanging out, making music for video games and movies, and the occassional football article. Should be up by training camp.

gyldenlove
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
On people saying Orton needs to be traded: Immediate reaction is that's insane. Only two or three QBs that could take the load that was given to them and execute what Coach was trying to execute last season. That was just his 1st year in the system and he was able to execute it. It comes down to everybody else, the line, RBs, WRs and TEs making plays for Orton. If we had made plays for him, we would've won 6 of the lsat 8 games and Orton would've been a Pro Bowler and loved by everybody. It comes down to us making plays for him and letting him look as good as he can look because we all believe in him and his work ethic.

I can get behind this, Orton had 4 or 5 bad games last year, but he definitely gave the team a good chance to win 11 or 12 games. Considering it was his first year in the system and the first with the team, he had a bad finger injury early on which cost him some precious practice time and definitely held him back during the early games of the season and a nasty ankle injury halfway through the season, I think that is very acceptable.

I might be too optimistic, but I think it is highly likely that Orton takes us to the playoffs, his yard total might drop a bit but I think his TDs will be up in the 25 region.

Hamrob
05-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Why do you really think McDaniels didn't want to go down the field. Was it really just Marshall...we do have other WR's who are capable.

It's Kyle Orton folks...

That's why he went and got Quinn

That's why he drafted Tebow

Josh McDaniels knows that Orton is not the answer and that he can't spread the field with him playing QB.

That's obvious! if we get to the Playoffs...it will be despite Orton.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Why do you really think McDaniels didn't want to go down the field. Was it really just Marshall...we do have other WR's who are capable.

It's Kyle Orton folks...

Not even close to being the whole story.

1. The OLine needs to shoulder some blame. They couldn't consistently hold their blocks long enough for the deep plays to develop. This was obvious.

2. The WRs too. Never once did anyone who watched the games on tv or in person ever complain that WRs were getting open deep only to be ignored by Orton. Sorry. It just wasn't the case. The WRs as a group couldn't get separation last year on the deep routes.

Los Broncos
05-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Orton went down the field pretty well in the Redskins game, not sure why we went away from that.

jhns
05-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Orton went down the field pretty well in the Redskins game, not sure why we went away from that.

Because we couldn't play the worst team in the league every game. Other teams actually had guys cover our receivers.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Because we couldn't play the worst team in the league every game. Other teams actually had guys cover our receivers.

Fail.

The Redskins pass defense was literally ranked either #1 or #2 in the entire NFL when we played them.

gyldenlove
05-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Fail.

The Redskins pass defense was literally ranked either #1 or #2 in the entire NFL when we played them.

They were #1 by some margin when we faced them.

jhns
05-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Fail.

Because people just ran on them since they couldn't stop it. Why risk passing on a crap team?

Are you saying they had good coverage? Is that really going to be your debate here?

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Because people just ran on them since they couldn't stop it. Why risk passing on a crap team?

Keep digging that whole. The Skins had the #16 ranked rushing defense last year. Hardly a "crap" defense.

Are you saying they had good coverage? Is that really going to be your debate here?

Nope. Not in the first half of that game, obviously. But overall, yes.

My argument is this: They were a very good unit in 2009. One of the best in the league. Orton took advantage of them for one half before he left with injury. This directly refutes your idiotic statement that they were among the worst in the league. There is not one shred of evidence you can cite to support this claim.

tsiguy96
05-27-2010, 10:39 AM
good god, can we just ban jhns at this point?

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 10:39 AM

The Redskins weren't poor on Rush Defense either. They weren't world-beaters, but it's not like people were running all over them. Above average rush defense and the highest rated pass defense.

Try harder.

bronco610
05-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Keep digging that whole. The Skins had the #16 ranked rushing defense last year. Hardly a "crap" defense.

My argument is this: They were a very good unit in 2009. One of the best in the league. Orton took advantage of them for one half before he left with injury. This directly refutes your idiotic statement that they were among the worst in the league. There is not one shred of evidence you can cite to support this claim.

There you go again, confusing the issue with real facts. Not the sort of arguement we do on the Mane.

Ray Finkle
05-27-2010, 10:44 AM
50/50 (Lloyd's nickname here) was cut from the Skins because he was up front and honest.....he mentioned in an interview how Gibbs was never in the the same meeting as Saunders......he was gone shortly after that.

Rabb
05-27-2010, 10:44 AM
I can get behind this, Orton had 4 or 5 bad games last year, but he definitely gave the team a good chance to win 11 or 12 games. Considering it was his first year in the system and the first with the team, he had a bad finger injury early on which cost him some precious practice time and definitely held him back during the early games of the season and a nasty ankle injury halfway through the season, I think that is very acceptable.

I might be too optimistic, but I think it is highly likely that Orton takes us to the playoffs, his yard total might drop a bit but I think his TDs will be up in the 25 region.

I would love for you to give us examples, specifically, of these 4 or 5 bad games

jhns
05-27-2010, 10:45 AM

I can site a great piece of evidence that they were amongst the worst in the league. Look at their record big guy. Not hard.

Anyways, you are too obsessed with rankings. One day you will learn to break stuff down a little more and not rely on numbers alone. If a team only scores like 2 points a game and is crap, teams don't normally try tossing it around on them. When they don't need to score much, most teams pull ahead and run out the clock. That means they don't have as many yards against them because teams didn't need those yards and they aren't going to take a bunch of dumb risks to get yards that they don't need.

The Redskins were complete crap last year. They did not cover Marshall at all the couple of deep throws that are being talked about. It really doesn't matter what your rank is if you don't cover a receiver. Your attempted argument is just dumb. Like that rank means they played good against us or something. Funny stuff.

Los Broncos
05-27-2010, 10:46 AM

I meant in the Washington game, why didn't we go down field more?

I realize the game plan changes but why didn't we at least try it more?

jhns
05-27-2010, 10:50 AM
The Redskins weren't poor on Rush Defense either. They weren't world-beaters, but it's not like people were running all over them. Above average rush defense and the highest rated pass defense.

Try harder.

Why do I need to try harder? Did you watch those plays? You can call that great pass defense if you want but I actually understand football. When a receiver doesn't have a defender within 20 yards on multiple plays, the defense is doing it wrong. I know, this is crazy talk. You can ask any coach though.

For such a great defense, they sure did ****ty.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I can site a great piece of evidence that they were amongst the worst in the league. Look at their record big guy. Not hard.

Their record? What does that have to do with their defense?

Their offense was ranked 26th in the league last year in scoring and 22nd in yards. I think that had a tad more to do with their poor record than their #8 ranked defense, but whatever. You'll keep changing and twisting your argument like you always do to avoid admitting you were wrong.

Again, you said that Orton only did well against them because they were the worst in the league. Show me one shred of evidence supporting that. One.

jhns
05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I meant in the Washington game, why didn't we go down field more?

I realize the game plan changes but why didn't we at least try it more?

We did with Orton. Then he got hurt, yet again. His replacement couldn't complete a 5 yard pass so deep passes were kind of out.

Los Broncos
05-27-2010, 10:53 AM
We did with Orton. Then he got hurt, yet again. His replacement couldn't complete a 5 yard pass so deep passes were kind of out.

I forgot about that, hopefully the deep ball will come back.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Why do I need to try harder? Did you watch those plays? You can call that great pass defense if you want but I actually understand football. When a receiver doesn't have a defender within 20 yards on multiple plays, the defense is doing it wrong. I know, this is crazy talk. You can ask any coach though.

For such a great defense, they sure did ****ty.

Hey genius, NOBODY is arguing that they played well every play that half. We are simply pointing out how idiotic your statement was that they were the worst unit in the league, when in fact they were ranked #1 at the time Denver faced them. This is really simple stuff here.

If you had simply said that they didn't look good against Orton, then nobody would've said anything. You, though, couldn't help yourself and in your blind hatred of all things Orton, found yourself making up things about Washington's defense that couldn't have been more wrong just to try to feel better about why Orton did so well against them.

jhns
05-27-2010, 10:58 AM

See Bean, this is your problem. You just make random **** up and try arguing with it. You then will cry that I always say I didn't say something as you can't show where I did. Ill make it easy for you. Point out what part of this post says they are the worst defense in the league.

Learn to read and stop getting so upset that everyone doesn't love Orton. He isn't a good QB.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 11:01 AM
See Bean, this is your problem. You just make random **** up and try arguing with it. You then will cry that I always say I didn't say something as you can't show where I did. Ill make it easy for you. Point out what part of this post says they are the worst defense in the league.

Learn to read and stop getting so upset that everyone doesn't love Orton. He isn't a good QB.

1. What does the opponent team ranking have to do with Orton? All he faces is the defense.

2. Washington by no measure was the worst team in the league last year.

jhns
05-27-2010, 11:08 AM
1. What does the opponent team ranking have to do with Orton? All he faces is the defense.

2. Washington by no measure was the worst team in the league last year.

1. Because he was playing a horrible team. Horrible teams are horrible because they make dumb mistakes all the time. That includes their defense. It is the exact reason we had guys running free down the field. I'm not sure how this is a good excuse for making up arguments though.

2. Sorry, 3rd or 4th worst team in the league. Does that make you feel better?

tsiguy96
05-27-2010, 11:18 AM
1. Because he was playing a horrible team. Horrible teams are horrible because they make dumb mistakes all the time. That includes their defense. It is the exact reason we had guys running free down the field. I'm not sure how this is a good excuse for making up arguments though.

so horrible teams end up being the #1 pass defense in the league...how?

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 11:18 AM

You're such an idiot. What does the team's record have to do with the quality of defense he faced? The Ravens were crap record wise for years but always fielded a tough defense. What retarded logic.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You say Orton sucks and then but then say we lost to the Skins because we lost our downfield passing ability when Orton left, who sucked already.

jhns
05-27-2010, 11:21 AM
so horrible teams end up being the #1 pass defense in the league...how?

Sorry, I guess teams that earn top 5 picks are good now. My mistake.

tsiguy96
05-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry, I guess teams that earn top 5 picks are good now. My mistake.

see, this is why people make fun of you and you are generally dismissed as a joke on this forum. you just lost an argument, so you switch to something else, then when you lose that you will twist and turn other stuff to get in another argument that you think will support your views.

jhns
05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
You're such an idiot. What does the team's record have to do with the quality of defense he faced? The Ravens were crap record wise for years but always fielded a tough defense. What retarded logic.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You say Orton sucks and then but then say we lost to the Skins because we lost our downfield passing ability when Orton left, who sucked already.

Again, you are right. They are a great defense that played excellent pass defense against us. No screwups or anything! Mistake free football from a great defensive team. What I said must be completely wrong. When they didn't have a guy within 20 yards of our receiver, on multiple plays, it really showed what you are saying.

What a lame argument. Just because you guys don't understand football doesn't mean I'm an idiot. It means you are insecure and need to talk **** on the internet. Learn football and stop thinking these rankings mean something. There is a lot more to it than total yards against.

What is funny is that you call me an idiot and then make a really dumb statement. I say he isn't a good QB and you claim I say he sucked. Not that this is what makes your commet dumb. What makes your comment dumb is you act like I have claimed Simms is better than Orton. The answer to your question is simple. Orton isn't good and Simms is just plain horrible. I bet if I went in there, I would be even worse. You see, just because one guy is bad doesn't mean the next guy isn't worse.

jhns
05-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Also, there is one other thing about this total yards argument. I'm glad it tells the whole story to all of you now. We had the 2nd best offense in the league with Cutler and it went to complete **** with Orton and McDaniels. It is good to see you all come around to this fact.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I understand football!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!

jhns
05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
see, this is why people make fun of you and you are generally dismissed as a joke on this forum. you just lost an argument, so you switch to something else, then when you lose that you will twist and turn other stuff to get in another argument that you think will support your views.

Show where I changed my argument. You aren't smart enough to keep up with me. You mise well stop now.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/40264838_094fea9203.jpg?v=0

montrose
05-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm suprised no one's made mention of Lloyd's comments regarding Marshall yet.

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm suprised no one's made mention of Lloyd's comments regarding Marshall yet.

That he caught 100 balls but didn't help the team make the playoffs? That's not really a fair comment. That's like saying Barry Sanders never helped the Lions make the playoffs.

DawnBTVS
05-27-2010, 11:48 AM
That he caught 100 balls but didn't help the team make the playoffs? That's not really a fair comment. That's like saying Barry Sanders never helped the Lions make the playoffs.

But... Barry Sanders did help the Lions make the playoffs in 1991 (NFC Championship Game no less), 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1997.

montrose
05-27-2010, 11:48 AM

That's why I'm suprised the McD haters that make up the huge majority of this board aren't thrashing him. Along with his comment (which was snide) about Marshall's lack of speed.

jhns
05-27-2010, 11:53 AM
That's why I'm suprised the McD haters that make up the huge majority of this board aren't thrashing him. Along with his comment (which was snide) about Marshall's lack of speed.

It is because it is from a guy that has never been important to a team in the NFL. He doesn't really have much room to say anything about another player, especially one of Marshalls quality. The playoff comment is dumb. This isn't a one man sport and receivers really aren't close to being the most important position (as in needed for team success).

Dedhed
05-27-2010, 11:54 AM

Those were blown coverages against the Skins, and that's why those plays were a complete anomaly and not a real part of the offense. I think the lack of a vertical attack had more to do with the receivers than it did Orton. Eddie is a vertical threat, but we all know he was underutilized.

Marshall doesn't have the explosion to run past CBs or the top end speed to stretch the field.

I think adding D Thomas and getting Eddie more involved will add considerably to the vertical component of the offense regardless of who the QB is.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-27-2010, 11:57 AM
But... Barry Sanders did help the Lions make the playoffs in 1991 (NFC Championship Game no less), 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1997.

He wasnt implying that Barry didn't, he was suggesting that its not the superstars fault that they didnt win.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Those were blown coverages against the Skins, and that's why those plays were a complete anomaly and not a real part of the offense. I think the lack of a vertical attack had more to do with the receivers than it did Orton. Eddie is a vertical threat, but we all know he was underutilized.

Marshall doesn't have the explosion to run past CBs or the top end speed to stretch the field.

I think adding D Thomas and getting Eddie more involved will add considerably to the vertical component of the offense regardless of who the QB is.

Just because Marshall doesn't have speed, it doesnt mean he's not a downfield threat. People act like he's never stretched the field before.

Dedhed
05-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Try harder.

Please don't ask that tool to try harder. It's painful enough listening to someone with their head as far up their own rear as jhns' already is. How much deeper can he get it?

Dedhed
05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Just because Marshall doesn't have speed, it doesnt mean he's not a downfield threat. People act like he's never stretched the field before.

I'm not saying that he didn't stretch the field on occasion, but to call him a deep threat is to implement far better stretching ability than Marshall ever displayed.

Steve Sewell
05-27-2010, 12:03 PM

Funny stuff.

It's cite, big guy.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Please don't ask that tool to try harder. It's painful enough listening to someone with their head as far up their own rear as jhns' already is. How much deeper can he get it?

Which is exactly why you can't refute anything I say. You can only talk trash. Typical of this site.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:06 PM
It's cite, big guy.

That is the only error you found? You aren't very smart.

Steve Sewell
05-27-2010, 12:11 PM

I read the first line of your post, that's it. You expect me to read the rest of your forum diarrhea? That would be a waste of time.

Dedhed
05-27-2010, 12:12 PM
So you're implying that your own posts are riddled with errors?

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Yup, just like pretty much every post in this thread. Are we going to start an English class in here?

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:16 PM
I read the first line of your post, that's it. You expect me to read the rest of your forum diarrhea? That would be a waste of time.

Oh, well thanks for the correction. I doubt you are telling the truth since it wasn't even my first post but it isn't like you ever make sense.

Dedhed
05-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Which is exactly why you can't refute anything I say. You can only talk trash. Typical of this site.

I could refute everything you say, but you'd only deny you said it or change the argument.

I try not to practice futile efforts. All reason is lost on you, and I won't try to convince you of anything. Instead I'll just point at you and laugh along with the rest of the forum.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I could refute everything you say, but you'd only deny you said it or change the argument.

I try not to practice futile efforts. All reason is lost on you, and I won't try to convince you of anything. Instead I'll just point at you and laugh along with the rest of the forum.

Typical response from those that can't refute anything. Funy that not one person can show these changed arguments. Oh well, I can live with the fact that the majority of this countries population isn't nearly as smart as I am. It is a curse and a blessing.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm not getting involved in this circlejerk as it seems like it would be pointless, but is this jhns guy for real?

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh know. I typed funy. That isn't even a word!

Archer81
05-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm not getting involved in this circlejerk as it seems like it would be pointless, but is this jhns guy for real?

He thinks so.

:Broncos:

Paladin
05-27-2010, 12:23 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist)

Because this guy is a fugging idiot.......

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:23 PM
He thinks so.

What does that even mean?

Dedhed
05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Typical response from those that can't refute anything. Funy that not one person can show these changed arguments. Oh well, I can live with the fact that the majority of this countries population isn't nearly as smart as I am. It is a curse and a blessing.
That's just it. They've shown them ad nauseam, and you're either incapable or unwilling to acknowledge it.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
This message is hidden because Paladin is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist)

montrose
05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
It is because it is from a guy that has never been important to a team in the NFL. He doesn't really have much room to say anything about another player, especially one of Marshalls quality. The playoff comment is dumb. This isn't a one man sport and receivers really aren't close to being the most important position (as in needed for team success).

Now that's what I was looking for!

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:28 PM
That's just it. They've shown them ad nauseam, and you're either incapable or unwilling to acknowledge it.

No, Bean actually shut up when I pointed out that he made up an argument. The only other person to claim it is TSI and he just left the thread when I called him on it. You just went off what he said like it was the truth. Maybe you should read before jumping on what TSI says. Now you are claiming it and unable to show it. Go figure.

Steve Sewell
05-27-2010, 12:29 PM

To be fair, most of his "errors" are related to a fundamental lack of football knowledge and misinterpretation of football related information. That, and his many failed attempts at appearing to have been "trolling all along" when he realizes that he's wrong.

I suspect that he thinks he's an expert fantasy football guy. He likes the purdy numbarz.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:32 PM
To be fair, most of his "errors" are related to a fundamental lack of football knowledge and misinterpretation of football related information. That, and his many failed attempts at appearing to have been "trolling all along" when he realizes that he's wrong.

I suspect that he thinks he's an expert fantasy football guy. He likes the purdy numbarz.

I have never once played fantasy football.

Anyways, it is funny that you guys say this stuff and still you guys can't refute anything I say with something half way intelligent. It says a lot.

Steve Sewell
05-27-2010, 12:37 PM
I have never once played fantasy football.

Anyways, it is funny that you guys say this stuff and still you guys can't refute anything I say with something half way intelligent. It says a lot.

It's hard to respond intelligently to something that is unintelligible. If you were even a moderately reasonable poster, I'd give it a shot. But for you...not worth it.

OABB
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
No, Bean actually shut up when I pointed out that he made up an argument. The only other person to claim it is TSI and he just left the thread when I called him on it. You just went off what he said like it was the truth. Maybe you should read before jumping on what TSI says. Now you are claiming it and unable to show it. Go figure.

that's not what happened jhiz...they just needed a break and a cigarette so they could gather the strength for the next round of rape. This thread is hysterical. You are literally delusional.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
that's not what happened jhiz....

This guy makes up cute little nicknames for other dudes. What an interesting way of talking trash.

gyldenlove
05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I would love for you to give us examples, specifically, of these 4 or 5 bad games

These 4 were bad:

2nd San Diego game, 2nd Kansas City game, Pittsburgh game and Baltimore game. The cincy game was not good, but got bailed out by that miracle play.

OABB
05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
This guy makes up cute little nicknames for other dudes. What an interesting way of talking trash.

only you jhizrag, You are my little forum pet. so cute and insane.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:46 PM
only you jhizrag, You are my little forum pet. so cute and insane.

Your pet? Why do I have you all feeding out of the palm of my hand then? It seems the pet/owner relations are off.

IHaveALight
05-27-2010, 12:48 PM

It's Kyle Orton folks...

That's why he went and got Quinn

That's why he drafted Tebow

Josh McDaniels knows that Orton is not the answer and that he can't spread the field with him playing QB.

That's obvious! if we get to the Playoffs...it will be despite Orton.

This!

Archer81
05-27-2010, 12:55 PM
What does that even mean?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdHmtfzI3t4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdHmtfzI3t4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2010, 12:57 PM
No, Bean actually shut up when I pointed out that he made up an argument.

No, I posted after that when I proved for the 10th time that your entire premise that the Skins were the worst team in the league was wrong. Not that it even mattered because your entire application of their team and unit rankings was extremely flawed.

jhns
05-27-2010, 12:58 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdHmtfzI3t4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdHmtfzI3t4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I can't see flash on my Blackberry. I really wish they would change that but your post means nothing to me right now.

It is probably just that I think I am serious. I'm not really sure though.

Rabb
05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
These 4 were bad:

2nd San Diego game, 2nd Kansas City game, Pittsburgh game and Baltimore game. The cincy game was not good, but got bailed out by that miracle play.

SD - you do realize he had to come in with a severely jacked up ankle in relief of Simms who was just awful right? He didn't lose that game, hell I am shocked he could even play...Simms was so bad that they put in a guy that shouldn't have played. That game was lost before he stepped in, the Knowshon fumble on the goal line sucked the energy out of that stadium...I was there.

KC - I will give you the 2 pick 6's but take those away and we still lose. Other than that he was not the problem that day. He threw for 431 yards, but when you give up 317 yards rushing...generally you lose.

Pitt - Did you even watch the game? Our O Line was in full on meltdown mode right about here, we had a grand total of 27 yards rushing that game. Also gave up 173 yards on the ground, try again...this was not on Orton.

Bal - Same as Pittsburgh but here is where the meltdown of the line(s) began. The game started with Orton getting tattooed by Johnson and that set the trend...I don't think you watched the game again. We gave up 125 yards rushing, and gained 66 including another Knowshon fumble. Sorry, but this was the worst of your examples...Orton was "running" for his life here.

KC is the only game I would concede out of this list, and that's even debatable. By your logic, as long as we win he didn't have a bad game though apparently.

Archer81
05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I can't see flash on my Blackberry. I really wish they would change that but your post means nothing to me right now.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BQiSdpm0Ow&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BQiSdpm0Ow&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kaylore
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
And he still thinks Orton was having a bad game against the Redskins.

jhns
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BQiSdpm0Ow&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BQiSdpm0Ow&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object

OABB
05-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Your pet? Why do I have you all feeding out of the palm of my hand then? It seems the pet/owner relations are off.

Such a cute little bark.

Rabb
05-27-2010, 01:07 PM

I just never get that either

Orton may not be the answer, but the hate is astounding

jhns
05-27-2010, 01:08 PM

Not one person in this thread has said anything close to this. Typical Kaylore.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Such a cute little bark.

Man, when you guys all ignore jhns this forum will take a massive step forward.

Seriously. Let her talk to herself.

jhns
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Such a cute little bark.

Sorry man I really don't roll that way. Not that I have anything against it, just not my preference. I may let you tickle my balls if you keep up the sweat talk though.

jhns
05-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Man, when you guys all ignore jhns this forum will take a massive step forward.

You say this all the time. At what point will you learn that no one cares what you say?

Archer81
05-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Sorry man I really don't roll that way. Not that I have anything against it, just not my preference. I may let you tickle my balls if you keep up the sweat talk though.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWz9VN40nCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWz9VN40nCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bowtown
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWz9VN40nCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWz9VN40nCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

More like Olivia Newton-jhns

jhns
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWz9VN40nCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWz9VN40nCA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object

bowtown
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Pssst... http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/9001

HAT
05-27-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.milehighsports.com/Article.asp?id=1307299 (From Klatt and Kreckman show)

Boy is he articulate, not afraid to take a side either. Highlights:

Who has the best arm of the 4 QBs now: From a fan's standpoint the best arm is different than a receiver's stand point. As a receiver, Lloyd stands behind Kyle Orton. Loves how he delivers the ball, has the power and accuracy to throw cross-field comebacks. Has the touch to throw in-cuts across the middle of the field and the touch and accuracy to throw the deep ball. This from playing with him in Chicago and a little last year. That's who is the best QB right now. Orton's been in the system for a year and knows what Josh McDaniels' system needs to execute.

Why doesn't Orton get the respect he deserves: No clue. Work ethic, talent, delivering the ball - he's up in the top 15 guys as a starter in the NFL that makes plays. Maybe doesn't have the physical stature to throw lazers all over the field, can't see why Orton isn't a guy who could lead a team to Super Bowls. Doesn't see people's complaints of why he's not the guy.

Solid. ^5

Gob
05-27-2010, 01:25 PM
SD - you do realize he had to come in with a severely jacked up ankle in relief of Simms who was just awful right? He didn't lose that game, hell I am shocked he could even play...Simms was so bad that they put in a guy that shouldn't have played. That game was lost before he stepped in, the Knowshon fumble on the goal line sucked the energy out of that stadium...I was there.

KC - I will give you the 2 pick 6's but take those away and we still lose. Other than that he was not the problem that day. He threw for 431 yards, but when you give up 317 yards rushing...generally you lose.

Pitt - Did you even watch the game? Our O Line was in full on meltdown mode right about here, we had a grand total of 27 yards rushing that game. Also gave up 173 yards on the ground, try again...this was not on Orton.

Bal - Same as Pittsburgh but here is where the meltdown of the line(s) began. The game started with Orton getting tattooed by Johnson and that set the trend...I don't think you watched the game again. We gave up 125 yards rushing, and gained 66 including another Knowshon fumble. Sorry, but this was the worst of your examples...Orton was "running" for his life here.

KC is the only game I would concede out of this list, and that's even debatable. By your logic, as long as we win he didn't have a bad game though apparently.

Jumping in on your guys conversation for no good reason, but I think we have different standards. I think Orton is a solid qb who had a solid year, and I think if your name isn't Manning or Brady having only 3-4 bad games is a compliment. Losing those games was not "on" him, but if you think McDaniels or Orton was anywhere near happy with his performance in those games, I strongly, strongly disagree.

jhns
05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Pssst... http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/9001

Do you know if that will play flash on here or just youtubes site? My phone came with a thing that allows me to play youtube videos but I can't see flash anywhere else. That link just talks about youtube. If it let's me see flash on every site, I may just have to take back that "I don't roll that way" comment because I will probably try making out with you.

Rabb
05-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Jumping in on your guys conversation for no good reason, but I think we have different standards. I think Orton is a solid qb who had a solid year, and I think if your name isn't Manning or Brady having only 3-4 bad games is a compliment. Losing those games was not "on" him, but if you think McDaniels or Orton was anywhere near happy with his performance in those games, I strongly, strongly disagree.

now this I agree with...good points

gyldenlove
05-27-2010, 02:26 PM

Repeat after me:

Orton played poorly against San Diego, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

I am not saying that it was his fault we lost those games, the entire team played bad in those games, but he was not above the team. He didn't make anyone better, he didn't pull the team up by a gargantuan individual effort, he didn't float, he sunk like the rest of the team in those games.

What you are offering is excuses and playground arguments, just because people around do not perform at an acceptable level does not mean you can get away with underperforming. Sure, he didn't have optimal working conditions, but no QB ever has optimal working conditions for an entire season, some times your run game will get shut down or your offensive line will get abused, if you can stand up when that happens you are a good QB, if you can't then you aren't a QB for very long.

gyldenlove
05-27-2010, 02:27 PM

He sucked in that game, only 2 deep TDs and a pityful 200 yards in half a game, that is awful.

Dagmar
05-27-2010, 03:20 PM
good god, can we just ban jhns at this point?

Start a birthday thread for watermock. There will be bannings galore!!

Archer81
05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
http://tinyurl.com/395npcb

Dedhed
05-27-2010, 06:09 PM
At what point will you learn that no one cares what you say?
Walk to a mirror and repeat this 20 times.

KevinJames
05-27-2010, 08:43 PM
thats a nice aston martin

strafen
05-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Orton went down the field pretty well in the Redskins game, not sure why we went away from that.I think had we tried to establish any kind of longball continuity last season, it would've improved our running game. Stacking up the line with defenders was taking away from our running game and getting quick pressure on the QB, thus disrupting our passing game; the dink and dunk passes were killing us...

Cito Pelon
05-29-2010, 04:07 AM
Synopsis of this thread:

Good OP.

Then, jhns baited the hook, got hits and reeled 'em in.

rbackfactory80
05-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Orton got hurt anyway.. He was lighting them up prior with or without their #1 pass defense. He had like 2 plays for 2 tds in the first quarter for 180 yards.