PDA

View Full Version : NFLN Video - QB situation

crush17
05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8184d2af/Denver-s-QB-dilemma

I love how Lombardi jabs at Dukes. That says it all right there. Dukes has a vendetta against the Broncos and NFLN allows him to spew pure bias nonsense.

hookemhess
05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Why does he hate Denver?

ZONA
05-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I keep saying Denver is keeping all 4 guys this year. McD has done this before in NE and said he can do it again, all it takes is some effort making sure all the guys get their reps. Everybody here keeps saying no way we keep 4 but I bet we do. Orton is an insurance policy right now. We got 3 guys we want to develop over the next few years but Orton should be better his 2nd year in the system. Not saying he's going to be the long term answer but for now, he's the guy the other 3 have to outperform. The Broncos probably hope a few of them can by end of this year or early next year. Who knows, maybe one of them steps up during camp, we shall see.

meangene
05-25-2010, 04:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8184d2af/Denver-s-QB-dilemma

I love how Lombardi jabs at Dukes. That says it all right there. Dukes has a vendetta against the Broncos and NFLN allows him to spew pure bias nonsense.

I loved Lombardi's jab too - "I'm just fair and balanced."

HEAV
05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Dukes is a big fat wind bag that spews out crap in hopes of attention. He understands that his gig is to play the bad guy and be a dick on air.

Mogulseeker
05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
I keep saying Denver is keeping all 4 guys this year. McD has done this before in NE and said he can do it again, all it takes is some effort making sure all the guys get their reps. Everybody here keeps saying no way we keep 4 but I bet we do. Orton is an insurance policy right now. We got 3 guys we want to develop over the next few years but Orton should be better his 2nd year in the system. Not saying he's going to be the long term answer but for now, he's the guy the other 3 have to outperform. The Broncos probably hope a few of them can by end of this year or early next year. Who knows, maybe one of them steps up during camp, we shall see.

What I'm surprised at is how we haven't considered giving Tebow a WR roster spot. Keep him as the #4 guy this year, keep 3 QBs and call Tebow a WR. Maybe even give him a few reps there so he can contribute immediately in trick plays, reverses, wild horses, double passes etc.

I hope Tebow starts sooner rather than later. Keep Orton in this year and after we either lock up the division or get eliminated from the playoffs, get Tebow some regular season experience.

I really don't think there is a two-year learning curve for him - not with his work ethic. It WILL be at least a year before he is the starting QB for the Broncos, though. The reason why I hope he has some experience this year is because he joined the team in April... by the start of NEXT season, he will have been on the team from the end of the season in January - that's four months of extra learning from this offseason. If he gets one or two regular season reps this year, he could be ready to start next year, and I think this is a very strong possibility. Tebow does have horrible mechanics and one of the slowest releases I've ever seen - but so did Rapistberger, and I think that the things that Tebow struggles with ARE habits that can be coached away.

I'm not THAT impressed with Brandstatter, although if he is a solid career backup to Tebow, it will be well worth the 6th-round value.

Finally, I like Quinn, but he seems the odd man out. He is fast and built like a TE - perhaps he could play one eventually? Maybe Strong Safety?

Imagine, bottled up in one QB:
Orton's accuracy, awarness and playbook knowledge
Tebow's size/strength, leadership, and scrambling ability
Quinn's arm strength, quick release, and intelligence
Brandstatters pocket presence

~Crash~
05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
To say Dukes does not like the broncos is quite silly ! he believes that we need to build the D . there were plenty of people that felt that way . that does not me he is wrong or right it is the way he would go about it is all.