PDA

View Full Version : Progress Made On Pacquiao/Mayweather

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/8698753.stm

Page last updated at 14:02 GMT, Saturday, 22 May 2010 15:02 UK
Manny Pacquiao agrees to 14-day blood-testing limit

Filipino star Manny Pacquiao has given the clearest indication yet that he is willing to compromise over Floyd Mayweather's drug-testing demands.

Pacquiao says he would now be willing to take a blood test 14 days ahead of any fight with his American rival.

"I have agreed to it, but they should not draw much blood," he said.

Negotiations for a bout between the pair fell through earlier this year when the unbeaten Mayweather insisted on Olympic-style random drug testing.

Five-weight world champion Pacquiao said: "They should only take what is necessary for the drug test."

The 31-year-old, who previously said he does not like giving blood close to his fights, added: "14 days," when stating the time limit for blood to be taken before the fight.

In the run-up to their aborted March bout, Mayweather called for repeated blood testing up to the day of the fight. Pacquiao, who has never failed a doping test, wanted a 30-day cut-off.

Mayweather later said he agreed to a 14-day cut-off but that Pacquiao would not accept it.

Since then they have faced different opponents, with Mayweather beating Shane Mosley and Pacquiao defeating Joshua Clottey.

A fight between the pair, widely regarded and the two best pound-for-pound boxers in the world, would also likely be the richest in the sport's history, with Las Vegas or Dallas the likely venue.

"He [Mayweather] will no longer have a reason [not to fight]," added Pacquiao. "Let's see if that is really the reason."

Earlier this month, Pacquiao said he would have one last fight after securing a seat in the Philippine Congress by a huge margin.

His chief financial adviser Michael Konzc added that 6 November and 13 November had been set aside as potential dates for his next bout.

If it is not against Mayweather, Mexico's Antonio Margarito is his other likely opponent.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Boxing is gay. Just like basketball

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm sure you'd know all about being gay.

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm sure you'd know all about being gay.

I do get hit on. But I tell them I could do better.

OABB
05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
It's too bad mayweather is such a ****. While I'm glad steps are being made to make this fight, I'm sad that manny has to sacrifice his beliefs to honor the pussiness of mayweather. I hope manny views this as a compromise and not a defeat. Boxing is not only not gay, it is the purist sport there is and it is a fine line between physical prowess and mental prowess. A compromise can be bad for a fighter if he feels he has lost some edge.

Manny is not a doper and mayweather is a p***Y. Hopefully this will shut up the people stupid enough to buy mayweathers b.s. And we can get this fight going.

I believe it will be on of the greatest sports events in history.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 01:09 PM
It's too bad mayweather is such a ****. While I'm glad steps are being made to make this fight, I'm sad that manny has to sacrifice his beliefs to honor the pussiness of mayweather. I hope manny views this as a compromise and not a defeat. Boxing is not only not gay, it is the purist sport there is and it is a fine line between physical prowess and mental prowess. A compromise can be bad for a fighter if he feels he has lost some edge.

Manny is not a doper and mayweather is a p***Y. Hopefully this will shut up the people stupid enough to buy mayweathers b.s. And we can get this fight going.

I believe it will be on of the greatest sports events in history.

What beliefs is he sacrificing? Not religious, because he said he'd do the blood test a long time ago. The issue was the time frame of the blood test. Manny's reasons for not wanting to give blood too close to the fight are just not true. All the points he made have been proven wrong. Just take the test. What's the big deal? If he has nothing to hide, then there isn't a problem.

I get the feeling that people are taking Manny's side simply because they do not like Mayweather. If this was the other way around and Manny was pushing for the blood test people would be championing Manny's cause to clean up the sport.

OABB
05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
What beliefs is he sacrificing? Not religious, because he said he'd do the blood test a long time ago. The issue was the time frame of the blood test. Manny's reasons for not wanting to give blood too close to the fight are just not true. All the points he made have been proven wrong. Just take the test. What's the big deal? If he has nothing to hide, then there isn't a problem.

I get the feeling that people are taking Manny's side simply because they do not like Mayweather. If this was the other way around and Manny was pushing for the blood test people would be championing Manny's cause to clean up the sport.

My wife is Filipino.... Trust me, manny doesnt want to give blood two weeks before he fights. It is his belief. The truth is I like mayweather as a boxer, I just wish he wasn't such a p***Y that he would try to play mind games. He is not Ali or sugar Ray. He is not smart enough to do this. He should just shut up and fight because he is beatiful to watch.

Manny has kept his mouth shut and is superstitious. Allfighters are. Hell alot of hem drink there own piss and don't have sex.

Trust me dude, manny doesn't want to give blood and it's not because he his roiding.Even if he was there are ways to fake it anyway.

OABB
05-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Also, manny wouldn't ask mayweather to do it because manny is not a whiney pussy who is scared.

Baba Booey
05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Please let this fight happen.

no-pseudo-fan
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
My wife is Filipino.... Trust me, manny doesnt want to give blood two weeks before he fights. It is his belief. The truth is I like mayweather as a boxer, I just wish he wasn't such a p***Y that he would try to play mind games. He is not Ali or sugar Ray. He is not smart enough to do this. He should just shut up and fight because he is beatiful to watch.

Manny has kept his mouth shut and is superstitious. Allfighters are. Hell alot of hem drink there own piss and don't have sex.

Trust me dude, manny doesn't want to give blood and it's not because he his roiding.Even if he was there are ways to fake it anyway.

Imagine if Tebow drank his own piss....Scary. Or maybe that is what he does, we know he is a virgin, we might have unlocked Tebow's secret.

OABB
05-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Imagine if Tebow drank his own piss....Scary. Or maybe that is what he does, we know he is a virgin, we might have unlocked Tebow's secret.

His piss is pure kerosine. Would not be wise.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 01:40 PM

That's a lame reason. I'm not saying that Manny is on drugs, but if he is, that's a good excuse. I guess I should just start using that excuse every time I have to do something that I really don't want to do. Maybe NFL players should start using that excuse. Giving away their urine is against their beliefs. Olympians should do the same and not give their blood away. Olympians give away their blood and then go out and break world records. Sorry, I'm not buying that excuse. It's really lame.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Also, manny wouldn't ask mayweather to do it because manny is not a whiney p***Y who is scared.

That's not a valid point. Nobody suspects Mayweather of being on PEDs, and Mayweather is more than willing to take the test, which he did in his last fight.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 01:45 PM

Hah! Touche.

OABB
05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
That's a lame reason. I'm not saying that Manny is on drugs, but if he is, that's a good excuse. I guess I should just start using that excuse every time I have to do something that I really don't want to do. Maybe NFL players should start using that excuse. Giving away their urine is against their beliefs. Olympians should do the same and not give their blood away. Olympians give away their blood and then go out and break world records. Sorry, I'm not buying that excuse. It's really lame.

Manny does give blood you provincial-minded yokel! He doesn't want to give it up before a fight.

I know you have to deal with the burden of posting on an Internet forum sight, but getting your head bashed in may make you want to protect your warrior strength a bit more. You don't have to belive him but I garauntee you it's true.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Wait a minute, Filipinos complete in Olympic boxing, and over the years they've won medals. They have to give blood. So that whole belief thing is BS.

Funny thing, in the '08 Olympics Manny led their team out in the opening ceremony. I find that funny. A guy who doesn't want to take the blood test is leading out athletes who are more than willing to do so.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Manny does give blood you provincial-minded yokel! He doesn't want to give it up before a fight.

I know you have to deal with the burden of posting on an Internet forum sight, but getting your head bashed in may make you want to protect your warrior strength a bit more. You don't have to belive him but I garauntee you it's true.

Wow, provincial-minded yoke? You know we are just having a disagreement. lol

OABB
05-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Wow, provincial-minded yoke? You know we are just having a disagreement. lol

My mistake. I thought you had said that in the entourage thread and I was trying to have fun. I got you mixed up with la broncos fan.

It wasn't meant to be an actual insult. Sorry.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
My mistake. I thought you had said that in the entourage thread and I was trying to have fun. I got you mixed up with la broncos fan.

ROFL

I read that and thought to myself "wait, wasn't that something LABF said in another thread?"

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 02:44 PM

Yeah I was wondering where that came from lol. No prob.

Let the fighting between the pill popper and the pussy who is too scared to fight him continue. ;D

OABB
05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah I was wondering where that came from lol. No prob.

Let the fighting between the pill popper and the p***Y who is too scared to fight him continue. ;D

there is nothing left to say. Obviously manny is agreeing to the test so that should pave the way.

I wonder what The Ducker MAyweather will try and use next? He doesn't want to get beat by someone smaller than him because then it will shatter his P4P argument.

He may just have to lace them up and be a man.

regardless of who wins, it will be an amazingly charged atmosphere and be good for Boxing.

especially if Pacman destroys Mayweather. Not saying it will happen, but if it does it will be a sweet moment for all the good people in the world that can't stand pussy flavor clowns who care more about record and stats than testing their mettle.

azbroncfan
05-25-2010, 03:20 PM

You must give out a gay vibe then because most gay men don't hit on men they know are straight.

crush17
05-25-2010, 03:38 PM
I can't wait for this fight.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 04:07 PM
there is nothing left to say. Obviously manny is agreeing to the test so that should pave the way.

I wonder what The Ducker MAyweather will try and use next? He doesn't want to get beat by someone smaller than him because then it will shatter his P4P argument.

He may just have to lace them up and be a man.

regardless of who wins, it will be an amazingly charged atmosphere and be good for Boxing.

especially if Pacman destroys Mayweather. Not saying it will happen, but if it does it will be a sweet moment for all the good people in the world that can't stand p***Y flavor clowns who care more about record and stats than testing their mettle.

Your hatred for Mayweather is funny. Manny is going to win it "for all the good people in the world" :spit:

You say that Mayweather is afraid, but he's been the one ready to fight. Manny back out, and it was not an unreasonable request at all.

OABB
05-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Your hatred for Mayweather is funny. Manny is going to win it "for all the good people in the world" :spit:

You say that Mayweather is afraid, but he's been the one ready to fight. Manny back out, and it was not an unreasonable request at all.

Anybody that has followed either fighter outside of the ring would agree with me. I like mayweather as a boxer, he's just a ****ed up little boy with daddy issues. Manny is a walking charity and incredible person. Go do some research on both fighters and you will feel sick rooting for mayweather.

Lestat
05-25-2010, 06:54 PM
sports doesn't care about beliefs.
the only thing that matters is putting on the show the fans want to see & making money.

if Manny wants to cling to a superstition then fine.
but unless he beats Mayweather(which is a major if) then he'll be the 2nd best P-F-P.
once you're asking people to buy a product and allow you to make 30+ million for one night.
you don't get to stand on your beliefs as a reason to not agree.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
That is beyond ridiculous.

OABB
05-25-2010, 07:28 PM
sports doesn't care about beliefs.
the only thing that matters is putting on the show the fans want to see & making money.

if Manny wants to cling to a superstition then fine.
but unless he beats Mayweather(which is a major if) then he'll be the 2nd best P-F-P.
once you're asking people to buy a product and allow you to make 30+ million for one night.
you don't get to stand on your beliefs as a reason to not agree.

This is why sports has lost his luster for some people....

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Anybody that has followed either fighter outside of the ring would agree with me. I like mayweather as a boxer, he's just a ****ed up little boy with daddy issues. Manny is a walking charity and incredible person. Go do some research on both fighters and you will feel sick rooting for mayweather.

I have followed their careers. To my knowledge Mayweather has never committed any crimes. The guy runs his mouth. So what? And he does have his own charity organizations. So lets not act like the guy is some bad person, simply because he talks a lot of ****. We really don't know how much either fighter gives out to charities, so that shouldn't even be a part of the debate.

I don't feel sick for rooting for Mayweather. Again, he's not breaking any laws. I really don't care about these guys personal lives, or any athletes personal lives. To use the Broncos as an example, I think Tebow is an awesome person. But I'm not sold on him as a NFL QB and if he doesn't become a legit starter I'm going to be pretty pissed. Great guy, but only way I'm going to root for the guy is if he produces on the field.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Just to clear one thing up, just because I agree with Mayweather's side on the drug issue doesn't mean that I think he's going to win if they ever fight. I'll root for him to win, but I'd say that the fight is a toss up and it will be a great fight. Well hopefully it will be a great fight. If it lives up to it's billing then a rematch will probably happen. That would be great for boxing fans. So I hope Manny agrees to legit blood testing and is clean so we can see this fight.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't feel sick for rooting for Mayweather. Again, he's not breaking any laws. I really don't care about these guys personal lives, or any athletes personal lives. To use the Broncos as an example, I think Tebow is an awesome person. But I'm not sold on him as a NFL QB and if he doesn't become a legit starter I'm going to be pretty pissed. Great guy, but only way I'm going to root for the guy is if he produces on the field.

Thank you.

The idea that these guys need to be saints boggles my mind. Who cares what they do in their personal lives?

And for the record, many people in the sports world think Mayweather's trash talk is a gimmick anyways. That stuff sells PPV's.

And I've heard Pacquiao do karaoke. I was sick after listening to that.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Thank you.

The idea that these guys need to be saints boggles my mind. Who cares what they do in their personal lives?

And for the record, many people in the sports world think Mayweather's trash talk is a gimmick anyways. That stuff sells PPV's.

And I've heard Pacquiao do karaoke. I was sick after listening to that.

I'd say that "Money" Mayweather is somewhat of a different person than Floyd Mayweather. The Money character is certainly based on Floyd's personality, but I'd say that he's greatly exaggerating himself with the Money character to sell fights. It's working, and it's going to help Manny get one of the biggest paydays ever... if Manny agrees to legit blood testing.