is looking like this, right now:

LT - Clady
LG - Olsen
C - Walton
RG - Kuper
RT - Harris

per mason's report:
#
# Rookie J.D. Walton got all the first-team repetitions at center during team periods. Walton split first-unit work with Dustin Fry a week ago.
# Walton was joined by fellow rookie Zane Beadles, who lined up at first-team right tackle with Ryan Harris sidelined. Josh McDaniels said Harris “will hopefully be out here pretty soon,” with the timetable for Russ Hochstein and Ryan Clady remaining lengthier.
# Walton was flanked by right guard Chris Kuper and left guard Seth Olsen, with Tyler Polumbus continuing his work at left tackle in Ryan Clady’s absence.

could be a pretty solid group, if harris and olsen pan out.

Los Broncos
05-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Good thread, I hope Harris can stay heathly and Clady comes back on time ready to go.

elsid13
05-24-2010, 03:49 PM
It a little to early to determining who will be starting. OTAs are the time periods, when coaches put players into position to experiment and get a good idea of what they have.

Bronco Yoda
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
It might me a tough start this year until Clady recoups and the line gels. We are so spoiled with fast starts. I'm bracing myself now.

gyldenlove
05-24-2010, 03:57 PM
I would not be surprised to see Beadles move to OG when Harris and Clady are both back.

lookin' glass
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I would not be surprised to see Beadles move to OG when Harris and Clady are both back.

As a starter? If so who's position Kuper or Olsen?

FireFly
05-24-2010, 05:17 PM
As a starter? If so who's position Kuper or Olsen?

Not Kuper's

DenverBrit
05-24-2010, 05:19 PM

I believe he was drafted primarily as a G.

The scouting reports seemed unanimous that Beadles would not be an NFL tackle.
Not sure why, I've never seen him play.

tsiguy96
05-24-2010, 05:19 PM
it really depends on how kuper responds to his second year in the power scheme, i think. hes gauranteed to start at RG though.

Drek
05-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I believe he was drafted primarily as a G.

The scouting reports seemed unanimous that Beadles would not be an NFL tackle.
Not sure why, I've never seen him play.

Comparatively short arms.

In the NFL everyone wants long arms (34" or better). For most players with a decent shoulder to shoulder frame on them that means teams want as much as a foot of additional wingspan over normal for their height (where height = wingspan). Linemen who do not offer that freakish wingspan are nearly unanimously viewed as guys who have to move inside to tackle where shorter arms aren't a penalty.

Ryan Clady for example has some of the longest arms in the NFL (36" reach). Beadles are considered average for the OT position (33"). He doesn't offer elite athleticism either so it more of a stretch.

His arm length isn't horrible, like some guys with 31" and 32" arms. But they aren't plus length and that is what everyone wants to see.

FireFly
05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Beadles will definitely be a OG, I just don't know that he'll displace Olsen or Kuper this season.

Popps
05-24-2010, 06:23 PM
it really depends on how kuper responds to his second year in the power scheme, i think. hes gauranteed to start at RG though.

I like Kuper a lot, but he did have some struggles late last season. (He admitted as much.) There should be some healthy competition at the interior line spots. May the best man win.

pdaddy
05-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Comparatively short arms.

In the NFL everyone wants long arms (34" or better). For most players with a decent shoulder to shoulder frame on them that means teams want as much as a foot of additional wingspan over normal for their height (where height = wingspan). Linemen who do not offer that freakish wingspan are nearly unanimously viewed as guys who have to move inside to tackle where shorter arms aren't a penalty.

Ryan Clady for example has some of the longest arms in the NFL (36" reach). Beadles are considered average for the OT position (33"). He doesn't offer elite athleticism either so it more of a stretch.

His arm length isn't horrible, like some guys with 31" and 32" arms. But they aren't plus length and that is what everyone wants to see.

At the combine, Beadles' arms measure 33 and 3/4 inches long. Longer than Bulaga and Saffold, not terrible, but not elite for the edge. I think mobility and athleticism are bigger issues for him at tackle than arm length. Looks like he has the makings for a very good guard though.

Bigdawg26
05-24-2010, 09:44 PM
I hope Beadles beats out Olsen for the starting guard spot. But it would be kinda weird to have to rookies starting on the line!

tsiguy96
06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
today had beadles playing first team LG, seth olsen first team RG.

oubronco
06-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I like Kuper a lot, but he did have some struggles late last season. (He admitted as much.) There should be some healthy competition at the interior line spots. May the best man win.

They didn't sign him to that big contract to sit on the bench

watermock
06-07-2010, 06:59 PM

I would certainly assume that given his new deal.

BlueCrusher
06-07-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm guessing Harris getting hurt had a factor in his fading...

tsiguy96
06-07-2010, 08:06 PM
I would certainly assume that given his new deal.

i would certainly assume we started htis thread over 2 weeks ago...

FireFly
06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd say the spot where the most competition will be is LG.

I really don't know what to think of Olsen.

tsiguy96
06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I'd say the spot where the most competition will be is LG.

I really don't know what to think of Olsen.

like i said, today kuper played LG and beadles RG, that could be the best way to get teh 2 best G's on the field at the same time...wonder if kuper can play LG?

FireFly
06-07-2010, 09:00 PM
like i said, today kuper played LG and beadles RG, that could be the best way to get teh 2 best G's on the field at the same time...wonder if kuper can play LG?

you think Beadles is defintely better than Olsen?

watermock
06-07-2010, 09:04 PM
i would certainly assume we started htis thread over 2 weeks ago...

So?

Kuper is abve average, (like almost thew 06 picks) and got a good deal.

I'm not sure what the point is, other than his knees are sound.

He deserved a new deal, and got about what he deserved BFD,.

Round Pick Player Pos School
1 11(11) Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
2 29(61) Tony Scheffler TE W Michigan
4 22(119) Brandon Marshall WR UCF
4 29(126) Elvis Dumervil OLB Louisville
4 33(130) Domenik Hixon WR Akron
5 28(161) Chris Kuper OG North Dakota
6 29(198) Greg Eslinger C Minnesota

Any idiot could see that an exeptional draft.

And Doom is unsigned, for obvious reasons.

#1, he sucks against the run and in not an either cover KLB or a run stopper.

Bigdawg26
06-07-2010, 09:11 PM

I actually think Kuper is better fit as a LG, and beadles is better fit as a RG (not a RT)! Harris, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, and Clady is an awesome young O-line!!

tsiguy96
06-07-2010, 09:16 PM
you think Beadles is defintely better than Olsen?

no, but i think moving kuper to LG and having beadles start RG may be a way to get the best guys on the field, but at the same time, olsen could very well take the spot. never bet against a hawkeye :)

underrated29
06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I like Olsen a lot! I think he will beat out Zane for the LG spot. Kupes has the RG spot locked down. Why change it now?

Paladin
06-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Either way, that Oline is gonna be bigger..... average over 300 lbs.....