PDA

View Full Version : Don't Look at This!

Rohirrim
05-24-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm not kidding. This has got to be about the grossest thing I've ever seen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/22/julio-aparicio-gored-in-t_n_585941.html

Archer81
05-24-2010, 11:29 AM
That is pretty gross.

:Broncos:

TailgateNut
05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Saw it over the weekend. Good for the Bull. Payback is a MFer.

What's the ol' saying: "if you **** with a bull, you get the horns"

oubronco
05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
F**K with the bull and you get the horn

Man-Goblin
05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Bull: 1
Matador: 0

tsiguy96
05-24-2010, 11:57 AM
good, maybe they shouldnt be torturing the bulls for amusement.

underrated29
05-24-2010, 12:04 PM
When you cant pronounce your "s" its called a lisp.

What is it when you cant pronounce your "R"?

gunns
Love it! Too bad more of the bulls couldn't pull something like that off.

gunns

Mexican?

LonghornBronco
05-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Yea! Bull

LonghornBronco
05-24-2010, 12:11 PM
I guess he "Hook'ed em"

rbackfactory80
05-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I was in Madrid and refused to go to the bullfight with my friends. If I knew the bull would win I would have purchased a ticket.

crush17
05-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Good for the bull. Sad thing is they still probably killed him. I hate bull fighting.

Los Broncos
05-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Wow! never seen anything like that, mother natures fury is awesome.

dbfan21
05-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Good for the bull. Sad thing is they still probably killed him. I hate bull fighting.

+1 I wish they'd outlaw it.

Ramathorn
05-24-2010, 12:25 PM
why dont i ever pay attention to the titles? like a moth to a flame

Rabb
05-24-2010, 12:28 PM

risp?

ColoradoDarin
05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
They did kill the bull, matador is still alive (but he ain't saying much for a long time).

Still.

Matadors - 1
Bull - 1/2

BMF Bronco
05-24-2010, 01:11 PM
That was flippin awesome! Karma is a motherbleeper isn't it?!

Dukes
05-24-2010, 01:24 PM
That "sport" should be outlawed. ****ers.

Ambiguous
05-24-2010, 01:58 PM

At least the bull got his first...

The Joker
05-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Good.

Kaylore
05-24-2010, 02:40 PM
[UPDATE: After two operations, it appears leading surgeon Maximo Garcia Pedros has saved Aparicio's life. The bull, however, was quickly killed by other matadors.]
LOL Oh well.

Mogulseeker
05-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Naturally, I want to look at it.

Tombstone RJ
05-24-2010, 02:47 PM
This needs to be on one of those "fail" posters.

Mogulseeker
05-24-2010, 02:49 PM
We've been going round and round
you've played to the roaring crowd
you're snipping at my heels
buzzing in my ear
roll your tongue out longer
then I'll bite it off of you

bled for your pompous gestures
and your trivial crusades
but you keep tugging on my chain
rattling my cage
all the while your
devoted faithful look on

bull takes fighter
bull takes fighter
I say it's now or never

this thought might bring you comfort
we're restoring balance to the universe
the cost of your overwhelming sense of liberty
is always paid in someone else's blood

how long have I cowered underneath
your swords, your spears, your biting teeth?
it's always the same
and you love it that way
I think if I should fall here
I'll make sure you cushion the blow

bull takes fighter
bull takes fighter
I say it's now or never

bull takes fighter
always, always
always paid
always paid
always paid
always paid in someone else's blood

Que
05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Okay, so I have been to three bullfights and used to watch them on TV quite a bit when I was in Spain. This is a pretty pivotal time in the fight.

Already the bull has been stabbed with small barbed sticks in the hump. They usually do that until they get a good 8 to 10 in him. Then they've done a bit of big cape work and so the animal is really pissed off (but not really injured). At which point they bring out a guy on an armored horse and a huge spear. The bull rams the horse in the side (armor there to make sure it isn't gored) and the guy on the horse drives this big nasty spear into the hump of the bull essentially taking much of the fight and the ability to make lateral movement out of the animal. If it weren't for this step, the Torero wouldn't stand a chance. The bull is pretty jacked up after this and is essentially ruined/going to bleed to death if he isn't killed.

Next the feature "performer" called a Torero comes out and does close in cape work. Assuming it is a "good" bull then the cape work is pretty daring to watch. Towards the end of the passes the Torero usually pulls out his sword. He may taunt the bull with it on the last few closing passes and then "ideally", kill the bull with a single sword thrust. That looks to be where sh*t went wrong for this dude. Doesn't look like he's lining the bull up for a kill quite yet but was going to soon as he has his sword in his off-cape hand. Very pivotal and dangerous at this point as the bull is very unpredictable.

The whole fight is really barbaric. The Picador (guy with the spear) is the worst part because he is essentially breaking the animal down. By the end, the Torero, while cruel by our standards, does the only humane thing in the whole damn fight - kills the animal.

tsiguy96
05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Okay, so I have been to three bullfights and used to watch them on TV quite a bit when I was in Spain. This is a pretty pivotal time in the fight.

Already the bull has been stabbed with small barbed sticks in the hump. They usually do that until they get a good 8 to 10 in him. Then they've done a bit of big cape work and so the animal is really pissed off (but not really injured). At which point they bring out a guy on an armored horse and a huge spear. The bull rams the horse in the side (armor there to make sure it isn't gored) and the guy on the horse drives this big nasty spear into the hump of the bull essentially taking much of the fight and the ability to make lateral movement out of the animal. If it weren't for this step, the Torero wouldn't stand a chance. The bull is pretty jacked up after this and is essentially ruined/going to bleed to death if he isn't killed.

Next the feature "performer" called a Torero comes out and does close in cape work. Assuming it is a "good" bull then the cape work is pretty daring to watch. Towards the end of the passes the Torero usually pulls out his sword. He may taunt the bull with it on the last few closing passes and then "ideally", kill the bull with a single sword thrust. That looks to be where sh*t went wrong for this dude. Doesn't look like he's lining the bull up for a kill quite yet but was going to soon as he has his sword in his off-cape hand. Very pivotal and dangerous at this point as the bull is very unpredictable.

The whole fight is really barbaric. The Picador (guy with the spear) is the worst part because he is essentially breaking the animal down. By the end, the Torero, while cruel by our standards, does the only humane thing in the whole damn fight - kills the animal.

doesnt take him off the hook for entertaining based on torturing and killing an animal for no real reason. guess i dont understand why stuff like this is entertaining or even fun? same thing for people that go out and shoot bears, elephants etc. is it supposed to be manly to kill an animal from 300 yards away?

Doggcow
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
This

Tombstone RJ
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Bwaaahahahaha! Thanks Doggcow! Rep!

Que
05-24-2010, 04:43 PM
doesnt take him off the hook for entertaining based on torturing and killing an animal for no real reason. guess i dont understand why stuff like this is entertaining or even fun? same thing for people that go out and shoot bears, elephants etc. is it supposed to be manly to kill an animal from 300 yards away?

Oh ya totally. Personally I hate the sport but I had to research it a bit while I was over there. Totally barbaric. The French have a version that is basically humane and actually fun to watch. I've only seen it on TV a few times but it is basically one really pissed off bull trying to kill a bunch of acrobats who tumble over it showing off their bravado and agility while snatching some sort of ribbon or ring thing that was placed on the bulls head.. In the end, the bull trots off after a good workout and the Frechies go smoke cigarettes and get drunk. Sounds like a good time to me.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-24-2010, 04:46 PM
That looks like an impending airway problem.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-24-2010, 04:50 PM
You should see what a shotgun does when fired at a similar angle.

Sir_Robin
05-24-2010, 04:52 PM
guess i dont understand why stuff like this is entertaining or even fun?

Would I be wrong to take this as meaning you turn away and let out a long sigh whenever you see a big hit in football? Or, if you prefer, is it safe to say you would prefer watching professional flag football?

If not, perhaps it's not that hard for you to understand why people like watching violence.

sutoazul
05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
I wonder about the damage the horn caused on the guy. Not that I care but when I saw this I was just thinking the guy probably lost many teeths and his tongue or part of his jaw. Pretty gruesome.

This "sport" is very barbatic and it's just not right.

Tombstone RJ
05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
That looks like an impending airway problem.

so ponder this: is the guy actually lucky the horn went out the mouth? I mean, looking at that pick it could of been a lot worse and the guy is flat out lucky to be alive... he's lucky it didn't penetrate his ear hole and exit out his fricken eye...

Wes Mantooth
05-24-2010, 04:59 PM
man that bull had some balls on him. Literally. He's a bull.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-24-2010, 05:11 PM
so ponder this: is the guy actually lucky the horn went out the mouth? I mean, looking at that pick it could of been a lot worse and the guy is flat out lucky to be alive... he's lucky it didn't penetrate his ear hole and exit out his fricken eye...

As long as his larynx wasn't fractured / his esophagus perforated / his neck broken... his long-term injury issues will probably be trivial. The tounge can survive just about anything. The immediate issue I could see would be an airway obstruction from bleeding and swelling of the pharynx and mouth... that would be lethal in about 3 minutes if not properly managed.

ZONA
05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Hell Yes. I love it when the bulls win. He F'd that dude up, hahahahahaha.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I can't remember where I saw the clip, but I saw a video where the matador was gored right square in the ass.... midline anusville. Great googley moogely. Trust me, you would much rather be gored through the mouth if given the choice.

gunns
05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Oh ya totally. Personally I hate the sport but I had to research it a bit while I was over there. Totally barbaric. The French have a version that is basically humane and actually fun to watch. I've only seen it on TV a few times but it is basically one really pissed off bull trying to kill a bunch of acrobats who tumble over it showing off their bravado and agility while snatching some sort of ribbon or ring thing that was placed on the bulls head.. In the end, the bull trots off after a good workout and the Frechies go smoke cigarettes and get drunk. Sounds like a good time to me.

I didn't read your other post as soon as I realized you were describing it. I just have a huge soft spot for animals as they have no voice and are used by humans for a variety of entertainment, most inhumane. I can't go to a zoo or a circus. I say we use prisoners, the good ones, the murderers, child abusers, for this type of entertainment.....or Raider fans.