PDA

View Full Version : Lakers VS Celtics. Who you got?

bronco0608
05-23-2010, 01:59 PM
It's premature, yea yea yea. Phoenix has too many holes to win four games against the lakers.

The Celtics pretty much play four all-stars at one time, and they play together, which is quite an accomplishment. Their role players (Perkins, Tony Allen, Big Baby, Rasheed) know their roles, and play it to perfection. They destroyed the team with the best record in the league, and are in the process of sweeping the team with the 2nd best record in the league. They play lights out defense and are gritty. Downside? I really don't see one with this team. They can shoot, defend, slash, and have a bench.

The Lakers on the other hand possess the best player, the best coach, and one of the best post up big men in the league. Ron Ron adds toughness and they are a b**** on the boards. Downside? Derek Fisher? Ray Allen would eat him up and we know he can't guard Rondo. If you put Kobe on Rondo, thats wasting his energy on the offensive end. Their bench? They only play one big off the bench (odom), brown is electricfying at 6'2" and brings energy, and then you have farmar and thats it. Farmar, in a way, replicates what Brown gives you because they are the same height. You really can't play them together at the same time vs the Celtics. Seems to me they are missing a wing off the bench, unless Walton can step into that role, and that seems unlikely.

I got the Celtics in 6. They are undefeated in the playoffs series with KG (7-0) and they are loaded. Their defense is something special. If defense wins championships, how can you bet against them?

RhymesayersDU
05-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't think Kobe will be denied, but the Lakers big advantage is size and I think the Celtics have size of their own to combat that. I see the series going 6 or 7 but in the Lakers' favor.

elsid13
05-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Celtics, because of defense and health. In the last 6 games this team got healthy, which is surprising because watching them through the year, I thought Pierce, and Allen had lost their legs. Meanwhile Garnett's knee looks liked it come around.

bronco0608
05-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Its haaaarrdd to repeat. Don't know why, it just is.

rbackfactory80
05-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Celtics in 5.

Majik
05-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Boston in 4.

Archer81
05-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Boston in 5.

:Broncos:

strafen
05-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Celtics in 6

Williams
05-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Boston in 6.

extralife
05-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Lakers' size plus Kobe's D on Rondo makes it hard to bet against LA here.

broncswin
05-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Lakers in 6

Mogulseeker
05-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Celts in 7

oubronco
05-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Lakers in 6

Ditto

strafen
05-23-2010, 06:45 PM
We need a poll!

Dedhed
05-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Celtics in 5, maybe 6. Team defense will destroy the Lakers. Saw it the Finals two years ago. The Celts D looks even better this year, and Rondo is light years ahead of where he was in '08.

iforgotmypassword
05-23-2010, 08:45 PM
gonna be an epic epic series

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-23-2010, 10:28 PM
We need a poll!

Ha!

There should be another poll asking "how many of you are actual Celtics fans (as opposed to mere Laker haters?")

bombay
05-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I like Boston to win it.

Jason in LA
05-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Not surprising, everybody hates the Lakers. This thread looks more like who do you want to win, and not who do you think will win. Boston in 4 or 5... really? Why not just go with Boston in 3?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't think Kobe will be denied, but the Lakers big advantage is size and I think the Celtics have size of their own to combat that. I see the series going 6 or 7 but in the Lakers' favor.

This.

The Smeltics look unstoppable in this ECF series because they only have to worry about putting a single defender on a single big man whose offensive skill set is mediocre at best - this allows them to neutralize or limit Orlando's bread and butter, i.e., perimeter game. They're daring also-rans like Carter and Nelson to beat them, and those guys are folding under pressure (just like last year.)

In the Lakers, they will face a triumvirate of big men who are not only very long, but very versatile. "Versatile" is probably the key word as applied to the Lakers' offense in general: The Lakers just have too many weapons and too many ways to beat you.

KG is older and a step slower than he was two years ago (you could say the same thing about the Smeltics' "big 3" in general) whereas Pau Gasol is probably playing the best basketball of his career right now.

In '08, we had to play Boston without our starting center. Even at <100%, Bynum can make life difficult for Perkins with his size and length.

When Odom comes off the bench, there is no drop-off.

The Smeltics have no one who can guard Kobe 1-1 - especially now that Kobe's post-up game has improved so much.

In '08, the Lakers had either a hobbled Ariza or Vlade Radmonovich guarding Wheelchair - this time around it will be Ron Artest. PP has looked good in these playoffs so far because he has been guarding nobodies - that will come to an end when he faces the Lakers.

The same strategy that has limited Nash (i.e., keep him out of the paint and limit his assists) should work on Jiminy Cricket.

Oh, and did I mention we have HCA? :~ohyah!:

ZONA
05-23-2010, 11:07 PM
The Suns in 6 over the Celtics. :strong:

SoCalBronco
I would love to see Boston humiliate the Lakers...but I have a hard time seeing LA losing 4 times in a series.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Not surprising, everybody hates the Lakers.

That's probably because they're either Nuggets fans or fans of other West teams who got knocked out by the Lakers. Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-23-2010, 11:08 PM

Hilarious!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh after tonight.

Los Broncos
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Boston, Bynum is playing hurt and the Lakers need as much help as they can get up front vs the Celtics big front line.

And you never know what Lamar will show up.

Dedhed
05-24-2010, 06:03 AM
I have a hard time seeing LA losing 4 times in a series.
The way they're playing right now, I have a hard time seeing the Celtics losing once in a series.

Jason in LA
05-24-2010, 08:10 AM
The way they're playing right now, I have a hard time seeing the Celtics losing once in a series.

You know the Lakers are playing pretty good basketball right now.

bronco0608
05-24-2010, 01:24 PM
How can the Lakers win a world championship when they are consistently giving up a 100+ points a game in the playoffs? Just yesterday they gave up 116 freaking points. That ain't gonna cut it.

Lets face it, the Lakers are soft. Soft. Soft. Soft. They have ZERO chance of beating the Celtics because their defense is getting WORSE as the season has progressed, instead of getting tighter.

DarkHorse30
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
this - suns are a fun team. Celts are also fun to watch.

Bronco Yoda
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Lakers! :)

RhymesayersDU
05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
How can the Lakers win a world championship when they are consistently giving up a 100+ points a game in the playoffs? Just yesterday they gave up 116 freaking points. That ain't gonna cut it.

Lets face it, the Lakers are soft. Soft. Soft. Soft. They have ZERO chance of beating the Celtics because their defense is getting WORSE as the season has progressed, instead of getting tighter.

I don't know if I'd go that far... But apparently Bynum's knee is getting worse. If there is any situation where he can't play, that would be a big issue. Pau would move over to C and Odom would start... But they'd have nobody off the bench.

ZONA
05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
The Suns are going to come out tomorrow and tie this thing up at 2-2. The Lakers are going to have to earn it the hard way if they want it.

Jason in LA
05-24-2010, 07:17 PM

Don't get carried away. The Celtics don't have the offense that the Suns do. The Suns light the scoreboard up against everybody. Before this series the Lakers had held their opponents under 100 in 6 of 10 games. The Celtics won't be lighting up the Lakers defense like the Suns are.

gunns
05-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Don't get carried away. The Celtics don't have the offense that the Suns do. The Suns light the scoreboard up against everybody. Before this series the Lakers had held their opponents under 100 in 6 of 10 games. The Celtics won't be lighting up the Lakers defense like the Suns are.

Just like football, it's defense, and the Celtics do have defense.

Jason in LA
05-24-2010, 10:02 PM

This won't be the only time I quote this one.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-24-2010, 10:56 PM
This won't be the only time I quote this one.

Ha!

http://i43.tinypic.com/ob02s3.jpg

ZONA
05-24-2010, 10:58 PM

The funny thing about that is people actually believe that crap. You only gotta win by 1 point in any sport so really, all your defense has to do is be 1 point better then the other team you are playing. Same can be said for offense. You don't need a great offense to win, you just need an offense that can be good enough to score just 1 point more then the other team.

Really, if you want to get right down to it, it's usually a well balanced team that wins championships. Just enough offense and just enough defense.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-24-2010, 11:26 PM

Some fun facts for the Laker haters who continue to argue that Boston has the defensive edge vs. the Lakers...

Defensive comparisons

2009/2010 Season

Opponent FG%

BOS: 45.1%
LAL: 44.6%

Opponent 3PT%

BOS: 34.2%
LAL: 32.8% (#1 in NBA)

OP FT%

BOS: 74.6%
LAL: 75.0%

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byteam?cat1=Total&cat2=opponent&conference=NBA&year=season_2009

2010 Playoffs:

Rebounds per Game

BOS: +1.50
LAL: +2.38

Blocks per Game

BOS: -0.35
LAL: +1.23

Steals per Game

BOS: +1.78
LAL: -0.15

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable2.html?cnf=1&prd=15

bronco militia
05-25-2010, 09:15 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/boredtodeath.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 09:18 AM
^ Then why bother to open a thread that you know is NBA-related? ???

bronco militia
05-25-2010, 09:27 AM
^ Then why bother to open a thread that you know is NBA-related? ???

to post Drew's awesome cartoon!!!

Liberals...sheesh! :D

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 09:58 AM
to post Drew's awesome cartoon!!!

Liberals...sheesh! :D

Just in case someone might have missed your previous comments expressing your feelings about the NBA, eh? :D

Dagmar
05-25-2010, 10:04 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2guabo3_th.jpg

bronco militia
05-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Just in case someone might have missed your previous comments expressing your feelings about the NBA, eh? :D

that was on the other thread :~ohyah!:

*WARHORSE*
05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Its over.

Celtics will win it all.

Lakers, with exception of Kobe and old man Fisher, are indeed a soft team.

They not only play soft, theyre also MENTALLY soft.

In Boston, KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo, Perkins, Sheed, Davis and Allen are ALL mentally ballers, but also all are fierce competitors.

They each know HOW to play their positions and they each wont give an inch.

Boston in the reg season is not the same team before you today.

A series with the Lakers will be a good one, but if healthy, Boston will win.

And btw, Doc Rivers is a better coach than Phil Jackson today.

Take it to the bank.

azbroncfan
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
The Suns are going to come out tomorrow and tie this thing up at 2-2. The Lakers are going to have to earn it the hard way if they want it.

I hope but I doubt it. LAL shot like garbage last game or it would of been another blowout for them. I expect a close game through three and then LA will blow it open late.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Its over.

Celtics will win it all.

Lakers, with exception of Kobe and old man Fisher, are indeed a soft team.

They not only play soft, theyre also MENTALLY soft.

In Boston, KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo, Perkins, Sheed, Davis and Allen are ALL mentally ballers, but also all are fierce competitors.

They each know HOW to play their positions and they each wont give an inch.

Boston in the reg season is not the same team before you today.

A series with the Lakers will be a good one, but if healthy, Boston will win.

And btw, Doc Rivers is a better coach than Phil Jackson today.

Take it to the bank.

It's a trip to see people bring up old arguments, especially ones that aren't true anymore.

Did you notice that the Lakers won the title last year? Sorry, but soft teams don't win titles. If you made that argument two years ago, you'd have a point. But the Lakers toughened up a lot last year to win it all, and this year their defense is the best it has been in years. People were trying to blame everything on Ron Artest when the Lakers were struggling, saying that if they had Ariza they'd be better. That's only on the offensive end. With Artest this year the Lakers were in the top 10 in defense and 5th in FG%. You telling me a soft team is going to rank that high?

The Suns are putting points on them, but that's to be expected. The Celtics don't have an offense anywhere near as good as the Suns. The Lakers certainly aren't going to be putting 120+ points up against the Celtics, but lets not act like they'll be held to 80 a game.

As for Doc Rivers being a better coach than Phil Jackson, that's another one that I'm going to have to quote again. That one is just funny.

bronco0608
05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
It's a trip to see people bring up old arguments, especially ones that aren't true anymore.

Did you notice that the Lakers won the title last year? Sorry, but soft teams don't win titles. If you made that argument two years ago, you'd have a point. But the Lakers toughened up a lot last year to win it all, and this year their defense is the best it has been in years. People were trying to blame everything on Ron Artest when the Lakers were struggling, saying that if they had Ariza they'd be better. That's only on the offensive end. With Artest this year the Lakers were in the top 10 in defense and 5th in FG%. You telling me a soft team is going to rank that high?

The Suns are putting points on them, but that's to be expected. The Celtics don't have an offense anywhere near as good as the Suns. The Lakers certainly aren't going to be putting 120+ points up against the Celtics, but lets not act like they'll be held to 80 a game.

As for Doc Rivers being a better coach than Phil Jackson, that's another one that I'm going to have to quote again. That one is just funny.

I'd say that Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG are a TAD BIT BETTER OFFENSIVELY than Nash, Amare, and whatever other two bums from the Suns they put out there. There is no reason why you guys should not be able to stop the Suns from running and gunning on you. Not a single reason.

Simple fact of the matter is that the Lakers are unable to stop a team offensively that traditionally has been stopped in the playoffs.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd say that Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG are a TAD BIT BETTER OFFENSIVELY than Nash, Amare, and whatever other two bums from the Suns they put out there. There is no reason why you guys should not be able to stop the Suns from running and gunning on you. Not a single reason.

Simple fact of the matter is that the Lakers are unable to stop a team offensively that traditionally has been stopped in the playoffs.

I am almost speechless by that reply. Wow... really? You must not watch a lot of basketball. The Suns have had one of the best, and a lot of years the best offense in the league. Including this year. No.1! The Celtics are a defensive team with a sub par offense. They are kind of like the '01 Ravens. They grind it out and keep the score low. This year the Celtics are ranked 19th in offense. The two years before that they were ranked 11th in both seasons, which is respectable, but nowhere near the Suns. The Suns are No. 1 this year, were No. 1 last year, and 3rd two years ago. They aren't really stopped come playoff time, they just get outscored because they can't stop anybody.

You know what, just take your comment back, because it made no sense at all.

bronco0608
05-25-2010, 07:27 PM
I am almost speechless by that reply. Wow... really? You must not watch a lot of basketball. The Suns have had one of the best, and a lot of years the best offense in the league. Including this year. No.1! The Celtics are a defensive team with a sub par offense. They are kind of like the '01 Ravens. They grind it out and keep the score low. This year the Celtics are ranked 19th in offense. The two years before that they were ranked 11th in both seasons, which is respectable, but nowhere near the Suns. The Suns are No. 1 this year, were No. 1 last year, and 3rd two years ago. They aren't really stopped come playoff time, they just get outscored because they can't stop anybody.

You know what, just take your comment back, because it made no sense at all.

The only thing Phoenix does is attempt more shots than anyone in the league sans Golden State. In a league where every team shoots around 45%, the more shots you take means more points on the score board. That is why Phoenix is one of the top scoring teams in the league. Its quite simple. Remember, they have that theory of "8 seconds or less" with shot attempts.

So just because you shoot more shots than another team does not make you a better offensive team than say the Boston Celtics, with 4 all-stars in the starting lineup. Who on Phoenix can create their own shot? You have Nash, Stoudamire, and sometimes Richardson. In Boston you have four guys that can do that.

In the end, just because they shoot more doesn't mean they have a better offense. A real defense would slow them down, but alas, the lakers don't have one.

That will be the difference in the finals. And you know it.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:15 PM
The only thing Phoenix does is attempt more shots than anyone in the league sans Golden State. In a league where every team shoots around 45%, the more shots you take means more points on the score board. That is why Phoenix is one of the top scoring teams in the league. Its quite simple. Remember, they have that theory of "8 seconds or less" with shot attempts.

So just because you shoot more shots than another team does not make you a better offensive team than say the Boston Celtics, with 4 all-stars in the starting lineup. Who on Phoenix can create their own shot? You have Nash, Stoudamire, and sometimes Richardson. In Boston you have four guys that can do that.

In the end, just because they shoot more doesn't mean they have a better offense. A real defense would slow them down, but alas, the lakers don't have one.

That will be the difference in the finals. And you know it.

Okay, you take the 19th ranked offense, and I'll take the 1st ranked offense. It's really a silly argument.

As for the Suns taking more shots, they shoot at a higher FG percentage than Boston and a much higher 3 point percentage.

Now Boston is a better team than the Suns, because they play great defense, but it's silly to say that Boston has a better offense.

And please don't tell me that I know that your beliefs are true.

Kid A
05-25-2010, 09:24 PM
So far this thread is working PERFECTLY.

Williams
05-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Did anyone just witness the Suns bench dominate LA's starters? Amazing. LA may not even make the finals at this point.

Los Broncos
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Good game the Suns bench came to play, Frye finally got some shots to fall.

Jason in LA
05-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Did anyone just witness the Suns bench dominate LA's starters? Amazing. LA may not even make the finals at this point.

Funny, the same thing was said when the Thunder tied the series at 2 each. And that's what Nugget fans said when that series was tied at 2 last year.

The Suns have to win in LA. Good luck with that.

Williams
05-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Funny, the same thing was said when the Thunder tied the series at 2 each. And that's what Nugget fans said when that series was tied at 2 last year.

I'm not even a Suns fan. I'm not a fan of any team... I just like to watch the pros play competitive basketball. I didnt think this series would be so competitive, let alone the Suns B team vs. the Laker starters.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 09:53 PM

Exactly.

Gotta love Laker haters and their premature celebrations... Ha!

broncocalijohn
05-26-2010, 12:14 AM

yes, but there is a reason i didnt put any predictions in this thread.

HAT
05-26-2010, 01:00 AM
yes, but there is a reason i didnt put any predictions in this thread.

Sticking with my original assessment (posted with my book)

Lakers in 6
Magic in 7

Magic in 6

broncocalijohn
05-26-2010, 01:23 AM

Lakers in 6
Magic in 7

Magic in 6

Magic would have to do some serious balling to make that happen.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 01:55 AM

Lakers in 6
Magic in 7

Magic in 6

How epic would that melt down be if that happened. Leading 3-0 and then losing the series. There would probably be another Boston Tea Party.

bronco0608
05-26-2010, 05:45 PM
See Jason in McLA, even Kobe knows what I'm sayin':

"We lost the game," Bryant said of Game 4, "because our defense sucked."

"Our focus was on the other side of the floor, which doesn't win championships. So we need to get back to ground zero when it comes to that."

Vegas_Bronco
05-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Amare is having his way with those Lakers. That said, they are not helping themselves by missing 4-5 crucial shots down the stretch. Once we get those Suns back to the Staples Center, this thing will be ovah! Its all about location.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 06:21 PM
See Jason in McLA, even Kobe knows what I'm sayin':

"We lost the game," Bryant said of Game 4, "because our defense sucked."

"Our focus was on the other side of the floor, which doesn't win championships. So we need to get back to ground zero when it comes to that."

Kobe just doesn't want a $35K fine (like Phil gets whenever he says something about the ridiculously slanted officiating.)

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb239/G-Fury/BIGBABYLIP.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Once we get those Suns back to the Staples Center, this thing will be ovah! Its all about location.

Yep.

Odds are the Suns aren't going to get to take 22 more foul shots than the Lakers in L.A.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Yep.

Odds are the Suns aren't going to get to take 22 more foul shots than the Lakers in L.A.

2 THINGS

1st - that gif of Baby is probably the most funny thing I've seen in months. I busted my gut open watching it.

2nd - You can take away 10 of those fouls shots off. LA fouled Nash and others like 5 times at the end of the game in the last minute. So, yeah, it's closer then you Laker fans want to realize. You just have fun complaining about the refs.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 09:50 PM
2 THINGS

1st - that gif of Baby is probably the most funny thing I've seen in months. I busted my gut open watching it.

Yep - I thought so too.

2nd - You can take away 10 of those fouls shots off. LA fouled Nash and others like 5 times at the end of the game in the last minute. So, yeah, it's closer then you Laker fans want to realize.

Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it when you look at the big picture:

1) FTA differential favors Suns in every game but game 2.

2) Differential +20 or better for Suns in games 3 and 4.

You just have fun complaining about the refs.

You are just having fun believing your team would even be in this series were you not getting bailed out by the refs so disproportionately.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Yep - I thought so too.

Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it when you look at the big picture:

1) FTA differential favors Suns in every game but game 2.

2) Differential +20 or better for Suns in games 3 and 4.

You are just having fun believing your team would even be in this series were you not getting bailed out by the refs so disproportionately.

And your complaining and crying about refs and can't deal with the fact the Suns have came back and outplayed the Lakers the last 2 games and tied it up. WTF don't you understand about your +20 free throw differential? Take away 10 of those foul shots due to last minute of the game and you all of a sudden have a 10 foul shot differential, which is 5 fouls. OMG, somebody go call the commish. The Lakers had 5 more fouls then the Suns (not counting the end of the game crap).

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:13 PM
And your complaining and crying about refs and can't deal with the fact the Suns have came back and outplayed the Lakers the last 2 games and tied it up.

You "outplayed" the Lakers with a LOT of help from the refs, i.e., with the help of some VERY skewed officiating.

That is, you were allowed an inordinate amount of contact, e.g., hacking, pushing, shoving, holding, reaching in, etc., without getting called while the Lakers' bigs were called for a foul practically every time a Suns player fell down.

WTF don't you understand about your +20 free throw differential? Take away 10 of those foul shots due to last minute of the game and you all of a sudden have a 10 foul shot differential, which is 5 fouls. OMG, somebody go call the commish. The Lakers had 5 more fouls then the Suns (not counting the end of the game crap).

WTF do you avoid looking at the big picture?

You were ~+20 in FTA in both games 3 and 4.

The only game that slightly favored the Lakers in FTA differential was game 2.

ZONA
05-26-2010, 10:15 PM
You "outplayed" the Lakers with a LOT of help from the refs, i.e., with the help of some VERY skewed officiating.

That is, you were allowed an inordinate amount of contact, e.g., hacking, pushing, shoving, holding, reaching in, etc., without getting called while the Lakers' bigs were called for a foul practically every time a Suns player fell down.

WTF do you avoid looking at the big picture?

You were ~+20 in FTA in both games 3 and 4.

The only game that slightly favored the Lakers in FTA differential was game 2.

You want big picture? How's this. 2-2

Obviously we're not going to see eye to eye on this. All I know is that this thing is tied up and everybody thought the Lakers were just gonna roll. You can proclaim the Lakers Champions already if you want, but they haven't beaten the Suns yet and anything can happen. That's what I know.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:23 PM
All I know is that this thing is tied up and everybody thought the Lakers were just gonna roll.

"Everybody?"

How many Lakers fans predicted a sweep?

I know I didn't.

You can proclaim the Lakers Champions already if you want, but they haven't beaten the Suns yet and anything can happen. That's what I know.

OK, I'll make you a deal: Suns win a game that's called evenly, and I'll take them seriously.

colonelbeef
05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Celtics, Lakers will be worn out after chasing Nash for 7 games

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Celtics, Lakers will be worn out after chasing Nash for 7 games

You're gonna say that after tonight? Ha!

ZONA
05-27-2010, 01:20 AM
OK, I'll make you a deal: Suns win a game that's called evenly, and I'll take them seriously.

Wow - that's some deal. How can I pass on that. I don't care if you take them seriously or not. I betcha the Lakers do though, hahahahaha.

Jason in LA
05-27-2010, 01:37 AM
And your complaining and crying about refs and can't deal with the fact the Suns have came back and outplayed the Lakers the last 2 games and tied it up. WTF don't you understand about your +20 free throw differential? Take away 10 of those foul shots due to last minute of the game and you all of a sudden have a 10 foul shot differential, which is 5 fouls. OMG, somebody go call the commish. The Lakers had 5 more fouls then the Suns (not counting the end of the game crap).

You really need to stop making that point because you are just making up stats. Did you keep a running tally on the fouls? Nope, so you're just really coming up with stats. In Game 3 the Suns had a 20-3 free throw advantage at halftime. So there goes your theory. Yes, theory, because it's not based on facts.

Bronco Yoda
05-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Go lakers! :)

Jason in LA
06-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Well anybody who had the Celtics winning in a sweep is already wrong. There are a lot of games left to play, but it's a great start for the Lakers, and a bad one for the Celtics.

Earlier in this thread I said I would be quoting this again. Since this comment was made the Celtics are 1-3.