PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius talks Tebow & Marshall

i4jelway7
05-22-2010, 11:43 AM
sorry if this has been posted

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/k9zFuS5Hc8k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2010, 12:13 PM
More questions from the lady everyone loves to hate...

Broncoman13
05-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Her first question was pretty good about how he thought the Broncos compared him to the other guys that were brought in for looks (Bryant and Williams). The 2nd question was her typical BS to try and prompt Bey Bey into saying he was brought in to replace BMarsh's production.

If Bey Bey catches 50 balls this year and goes for 800 yards and 4 or 5 TDs, I'll consider it a success. He's a tremendously gifted project... He and Tebow are very much the "what will we have in year two and three" type players. If Deckers wasn't out with the foot I would imagine his production would be greater in year one. His game seems to translate more to the NFL in terms of immediate success. Bey Bey's ceiling is much higher though. I think in three year's time his game will be very similar to Terrell Owens, but we won't have all the drama. Good player, just gonna have to be patient with him.

listopencil
05-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Thomas on Marshall:

"I feel like I got better character and I'm a better blocker."

I love that.

listopencil
05-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Also memorable is that he wouldn't talk any crap about the Oakland DB.

DarkHorse
05-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I think Decker will be far more productive in the long haul for us.

I hope i'm wrong and they're both the second comings of.........:sunshine:

elsid13
05-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Her first question was pretty good about how he thought the Broncos compared him to the other guys that were brought in for looks (Bryant and Williams). The 2nd question was her typical BS to try and prompt Bey Bey into saying he was brought in to replace BMarsh's production.

If Bey Bey catches 50 balls this year and goes for 800 yards and 4 or 5 TDs, I'll consider it a success. He's a tremendously gifted project... He and Tebow are very much the "what will we have in year two and three" type players. If Deckers wasn't out with the foot I would imagine his production would be greater in year one. His game seems to translate more to the NFL in terms of immediate success. Bey Bey's ceiling is much higher though. I think in three year's time his game will be very similar to Terrell Owens, but we won't have all the drama. Good player, just gonna have to be patient with him.

I doubt he catch anything close to cating 50 balls this season. We are talking about about gifted but raw route runner. I will be happy if get anything over 16 catches this season.

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I think Decker will be far more productive in the long haul for us.

I hope i'm wrong and they're both the second comings of.........:sunshine:

There haven't been a lot of WRs taken in the draft the last 10 years with more upside the D. Thomas. He's the total package, when healthy. There's been some very phiscally gifted WRs drafted but none with as good of attitude and reputation as Thomas, at least none that I can think of. Thomas is big, fast and strong and will only get bigger.

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I doubt he catch anything close to cating 50 balls this season. We are talking about about gifted but raw route runner. I will be happy if get anything over 16 catches this season.

set the over under higher then that or we cant make a good bet. Obviously no one would bet the under on that, not even you. Likewise I would say people would be reluctant to bet the over at 50.

A good number to make that bet tough IMO would be 40 receptions, 400 yrds, 3 tds. Or Nate Jacksons career in one yr. Whatever is more. :notworthy

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Also memorable is that he wouldn't talk any crap about the Oakland DB.

I also sort of like brash players. I just want players to be themselves, not commit crimes, and try really hard to win.

It's also sort of fun to hear them say something like....Oakland CB's, yeah I hear they got a good one.......assman or something like that!!! LOL

Hogan11
05-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Thomas on Marshall:

I love that.

Nice to hear, really....a diva free WR corps will be quite refreshing for a change.

Popps
05-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Nice to hear, really....a diva free WR corps will be quite refreshing for a change.

That's not by accident.

Hogan11
05-22-2010, 06:02 PM
That's not by accident.

Oh I know, I'm just diggin' the direction this team is heading in :yayaya:

orinjkrush
05-22-2010, 07:07 PM
hope he's better than ashley leeleelee and kevin kasper

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2010, 07:30 PM
hope he's better than ashley leeleelee and kevin kasper

he's like twice the nash at half the price...

Broncoman13
05-22-2010, 07:30 PM
There haven't been a lot of WRs taken in the draft the last 10 years with more upside the D. Thomas. He's the total package, when healthy. There's been some very phiscally gifted WRs drafted but none with as good of attitude and reputation as Thomas, at least none that I can think of. Thomas is big, fast and strong and will only get bigger.

Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald would all make a strong case against your "None with as good of attitude and reputation" comment.

Broncoman13
05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
set the over under higher then that or we cant make a good bet. Obviously no one would bet the under on that, not even you. Likewise I would say people would be reluctant to bet the over at 50.

A good number to make that bet tough IMO would be 40 receptions, 400 yrds, 3 tds. Or Nate Jacksons career in one yr. Whatever is more. :notworthy

I'll take the over on the 40. I think they'll get him 5 or 6 targets per game. Figure 50% of those are completed and he's at 45 or so. 3 completions per game is nothing.

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald would all make a strong case against your "None with as good of attitude and reputation" comment.

fair enough... just saying kid has overcome a lot...

listopencil
05-22-2010, 10:05 PM
I also sort of like brash players. I just want players to be themselves, not commit crimes, and try really hard to win.

It's also sort of fun to hear them say something like....Oakland CB's, yeah I hear they got a good one.......assman or something like that!!! LOL

Yeah. I like the fact that he's a bit cocky but not stupid about it.

listopencil
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
A good number to make that bet tough IMO would be 40 receptions, 400 yrds, 3 tds.

Does this count rushing TD's? I'm thinking he gets one on a reverse, maybe two during the season. I'd go 30 rec/500 all purpose yards/5 total TD's as the over/under.

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Listo it also depends on a lot more then just how good player is, how ready player is. For instance Eddie Royal having a big yr, or the running game going off, would affect the Thomas as far as how often he may play, or how much Broncos throw.

Some injuries that force Decker and Thomas to play a lot could get them a lot more looks.

We will know more what to expect by 3rd preseason game when you see who the focal points of the offense will be.

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 11:08 PM
I more worried about Royal. One yr wonder, or ready to break out of sophomore slump. You sort of expect rookies to be up and down a bit. We really need some solid play from Royal with all these young WR on the team.

BabyTO
05-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Thomas on Marshall:

I love that.

thats like orton saying hes a better punter than tebow

oh and thomas better backup up what he said. better blocker than marshall? highly doubt that. dude was smacking DEs around on a regular basis i wanna see thomas do that do NFL DEs

tsiguy96
05-23-2010, 11:26 AM
i really really doubt hes a better blocker than marshall. marshall's most underrated abilitiy was his ability to block downfield.

R8R H8R
05-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I more worried about Royal. One yr wonder, or ready to break out of sophomore slump. You sort of expect rookies to be up and down a bit. We really need some solid play from Royal with all these young WR on the team.

You don't need to be worried about Royal. I just saw the NFL Network replay of the Broncos-Pats game of last year. Until I saw it again, I had forgotten that Eddie was the featured WR in that game.

While Marshall made the ESPN highlights with his 2 TD's, including the game tying TD, it was Royal that consistently moved the chains. McD mentioned after the game that the reason for it was a simple one, and that was because that was where the most favorable match-up was.

Anyway, it was enough of a display to convince me that Royal can be the featured guy in this offense, and probably will be now that Marshall is gone.

broncowill
05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
orton was the reason royal wasnt very good last year. if you ever watched the throws that he threw to him he was always having to dive for balls that were still out of reach and try and dive backwards for the balls that orton threw behind him. i really hope they can fix that this year but it just looks like orton doesnt have confidence in throwing to smaller players