PDA

View Full Version : Nate Jackson on The Fan today

hambone13
05-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Did anyone hear Nate Jackson on The Fan today? He was talking about his release and how he didn't even have a personal conversation with McD or anyone in the FO. Apparently, they called and left him a VM at his parents house in California. The FO had his cell phone on file and chose to leave a message there. He went on to say, that Shanny use to talk to the players personally and made himself available to chat if you wanted to talk to him about why you were released.

I realize that Nate was Shanny's boy and he wasn't exactly a record breaking HOFer but he was with the organization for 6 years and that's pretty classless. When you're essentially ending someone's career in some case, have the balls, maturity and class to have a personal conversation about it. Nate's a high character nice guy, no one deserves to be treated like that if they're employed with your organization for that long. He's obviously not going to love the guy who fired him but there's lots of other interesting comments about Scheffler, etc. i.e. "If Sheffler is being a baby, then call him up and face him like a man....work it out....."

This just reiterates my concerns about McD's people management skills, professionalism and maturity. Again, happy about McD's off season and his fire, charisma, etc. but there needs to be some growth in this area....

Additionally, there is some interesting stuff about the Plummer/Cutler transition that is interesting about the potential locker room dividing, etc.

If you're interested in listening to it, it's on www.fm1043thefan.com (http://www.fm1043thefan.com) go to the On-Line section and go to the archives of the Podcasts of the show. It's on the Hour 2 section of the Big Al and DMac show.

DomCasual
05-21-2010, 11:46 PM
I heard they were worried that he'd sprain a thumb answering his cell phone, and they'd end up having to do an injury settlement with him.

DomCasual
05-21-2010, 11:48 PM
This just reiterates my concerns about McD's people management skills, professionalism and maturity. Again, happy about McD's off season and his fire, charisma, etc. but there needs to be some growth in this area.....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91807

Cleo McDowell
05-21-2010, 11:49 PM
he always reminded me of eddie mac.

hambone13
05-21-2010, 11:50 PM
I heard they were worried that he'd sprain a thumb answering his cell phone, and they'd end up having to do an injury settlement with him.

:notworthy that's hilarious but certainly not the point.....

hambone13
05-21-2010, 11:51 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91807

Just because he does PR stuff, as he should in his role, says nothing about his approach to managing people.

BroncoBuff
05-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Did he tear his hamstring walking into the studio?

hambone13
05-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Did he tear his hamstring walking into the studio?

Did McD's ego trip him up?

hambone13
05-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Right at the end of the show, Nate starts doing his Tebow impression and it's hilarious......I hadn't heard that part as I was droping my daughter off for soccer practice...it really is funny.

DomCasual
05-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Just because he does PR stuff, as he should in his role, says nothing about his approach to managing people.

Well, in fairness, you said you were concerned about his "people management skills, professionalism and maturity."

At least a few of those seem to be covered in the thread I referenced.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Well, in fairness, you said you were concerned about his "people management skills, professionalism and maturity."

At least a few of those seem to be covered in the thread I referenced.

Absolutely, there is evidence that he has potential. I'm just saying, if one is not professionally astute enough to not do something like this, there are red flags about what and how one manages people in general.

DomCasual
05-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Absolutely, there is evidence that he has potential. I'm just saying, if one is not professionally astute enough to not do something this, there are red flags about what and how one manages people in general.

Well, I definitely don't think he's perfect. I agree that if Nate's version of the story is how it really went, it's pretty weak. But Josh is 34. He's going to learn. And there were certainly veterans who left with their feelings hurt under Shanahan. Stuff happens.

Florida_Bronco
05-22-2010, 12:29 AM
I fail to see the problem here.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, I definitely don't think he's perfect. I agree that if Nate's version of the story is how it really went, it's pretty weak. But Josh is 34. He's going to learn. And there were certainly veterans who left with their feelings hurt under Shanahan. Stuff happens.

Nate just doesn't strike me as a person that would manufacture this stuff. He said himself on the show, that he was over the bitterness he initially felt. Additionally, he was humble enough to mention that he knows that this situation is not unique to him and that the NFL is a "business".

I'm not familiar with a veteran that was treated this way under Shanny when the terms of the situation were not combative. I hope McD does improve and I'm pretty sure he will, with his management style. At 34 I feel one is mature enough to be compassionate and professionally reasonable. These aren't strategic management mistakes, they're character mistakes in my estimation. I'm also not saying that Shanny was the end all be all leader but he was classy and compassionate enough to take care of stuff like this himself. That's just fundamental humanity. Again, a red flag, not hatred considering many questionable situations regarding management of players and staff.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I fail to see the problem here.

And that is precisely the problem. Tony Dungy is a perfect example of how important it is to be a good person, when you expect a team to follow you and come together under you.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 01:03 AM
And that is precisely the problem. Tony Dungy is a perfect example of how important it is to be a good person, when you expect a team to follow you and come together under you.

I exchange emails with Sandy Clough, from The Fan pretty regularly. Occasionally, he finds it necessary to put me in my place with his capacity for fact recall but usually we agree. Here is the exchange we had tonight, regarding this thread:

Yes, I think that we saw some of that this year in Kenny Peterson's
release, as well.
Nate's told the story before, and I do think it speaks to the idea
that too much was given
to McDaniels too soon.

Thanks for passing this along!

sandy

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Jason Whitson <jwhitson@mavenag.com> wrote:
Sandy,
I don't know if you spoke to the comments by Nake Jackson today as I just came
in on your show a few minutes ago.  I heard Nate Jackson on the show earlier
today and found it interesting the he confirmed what I've been concerned
about with McDaniels and his maturity and people management skills.
 Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear everything he said but his comments
about them leaving a message on his parents answering machine back in
California when they released him.  That's pretty classless in my opinion.
 Your thoughts?
J

Kaylore
05-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Coaches cut guys all the time that way and Nate said so himself. Nate was worthless on this team. He survived by appealing to Shanahan's respect for Walsh when really he did nothing but earn a spot, get hurt, and collect a paycheck. I get why Nate's mad but that's the NFL and Nate said so on that program. Players get cut that way and worse all the time.

And pointing to the bitter Rantings of glass Jackson as some kind of evidence for McD's supposed lack of people skills is laughable. Orin hates McD too, so that whole segment was just them ripping on the coach. I knew there were probably guys out there like hambone nodding their heads like the words of Jackson were Gospel. What a joke.

And his Tebow impression didn't sound like Tebow.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
05-22-2010, 01:31 AM
McDaniels does business the same way Jewish people do business. If you don't like it, too bad!

Broncosfreak_56
05-22-2010, 01:39 AM
Also, McDaniels HATES babies. True story, some hobo told me. Or maybe I was high. I'm not quite sure.

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Nate Jackson lucky to have played for 6 yrs. has any player in Denver Bronco history done less with 6 yrs on the roster?

Total waste of a roster spot all these yrs. He should aplologize for stealing Bowlens money.

So he got cut, so McDaniels left him a message and didn't do what Shanny would have done. Big deal doesn't worry me in the least.

Broncosfreak_56
05-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Nate Jackson lucky to have played for 6 yrs. has any player in Denver Bronco history done less with 6 yrs on the roster?

Total waste of a roster spot all these yrs. He should aplologize for stealing Bowlens money.

So he got cut, so McDaniels left him a message and didn't do what Shanny would have done. Big deal doesn't worry me in the least.

Engleberger.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Coaches cut guys all the time that way and Nate said so himself. Nate was worthless on this team. He survived by appealing to Shanahan's respect for Walsh when really he did nothing but earn a spot, get hurt, and collect a paycheck. I get why Nate's mad but that's the NFL and Nate said so on that program. Players get cut that way and worse all the time.

And pointing to the bitter Rantings of glass Jackson as some kind of evidence for McD's supposed lack of people skills is laughable. Orin hates McD too, so that whole segment was just them ripping on the coach. I knew there were probably guys out there like hambone nodding their heads like the words of Jackson were Gospel. What a joke.

I couldn't agree more that Glass Jackson wasn't the player of players. I've never contested that. The point is, if you worked for an organization for 6 years and you got treated that way, you wouldn't question their management skills? I didn't take it as gospel, nor have I implied that it is. All I'm saying is that the combination of this segment and the questionable situations with players and how they've been managed or the lack there of, brings up red flags. Just because I agree with Orin and he with me, doesn't by default make our opinions insignificant or laughable. Furthermore, it certainly doesn't dismiss the possibility that McD has been in a bit over his head and has made some bad decisions because of his potential lack of management skills. Skills can be developed, there's no doubt about it but compassion is a different thing.

I'm concerned about the potential character flaws of young success and the human arrogance that frequently accompanies it. Being known as a fair and fundamentally good person is important to our team and any organization. Make a phone call or return a phone call. It's the right thing to do when you're potentially ending someones career.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 02:02 AM

It's not about his stats Weisenheimer. The bottom line is, he was here for that long and the current regime dismissed that tenure by not even calling him personally. Just because something happens all the time, doesn't make it right. It's not about what Shanny would have done, it's about what's the right thing to do. To me, this speaks highly to potential leadership issues.

If you have the opportunity to avoid bad press and bad impressions to anyone, how cheap is it to make a call to the right number? If you don't see that behavior as a potentially viral negative impression, then you don't understand good management.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 02:17 AM

You're typically a pretty reasonably poster. It baffles me that you can't admit that there may be a flaw in McD's execution of personnel management. It's not the end of the Broncos world, it's a point of discussion. The impression may have not sounded like Tebow to you but I still found it hilarious because of the extreme nature of Tebow's personality and wholesomeness. At some point in your life, you have to recognize that shallow statements during a team circle before or during a game are just not all that important. True Esprit De Corps is much deeper than that. He's portrayed himself as a firey cheeseball. Whether it's true as not isn't as funny as making fun of him for being him.

OBF1
05-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Did anyone hear Nate Jackson on The Fan today? He was talking about his release and how he didn't even have a personal conversation with McD or anyone in the FO. Apparently, they called and left him a VM at his parents house in California. The FO had his cell phone on file and chose to leave a message there. He went on to say, that Shanny use to talk to the players personally and made himself available to chat if you wanted to talk to him about why you were released.

I realize that Nate was Shanny's boy and he wasn't exactly a record breaking HOFer but he was with the organization for 6 years and that's pretty classless. When you're essentially ending someone's career in some case, have the balls, maturity and class to have a personal conversation about it. Nate's a high character nice guy, no one deserves to be treated like that if they're employed with your organization for that long. He's obviously not going to love the guy who fired him but there's lots of other interesting comments about Scheffler, etc. i.e. "If Sheffler is being a baby, then call him up and face him like a man....work it out....."

Nate sucking balls ended his career, not any action of the Bronco's. If the guy was worth a damn, he would still be playing for another team.

Can we have just 1 freekin day around here without some crying about Coach McDaniels???

hambone13
05-22-2010, 02:29 AM
Nate sucking balls ended his career, not any action of the Bronco's. If the guy was worth a damn, he would still be playing for another team.

Can we have just 1 freekin day around here without some crying about Coach McDaniels???

Again, it's not about why the call needed to be made, I don't contest he was ready to end his career. Just have a little class.

LOL, I'm not crying, I'm posting a thread with facts in it that may inspire some interesting conversation in the off season. I will reiterate again, there is many questionable moves McD has made regarding personnel and specifically talented personnel. Just because I don't beg for McD to be balls deep in my hind portions doesn't mean I don't think there is potential for the team to be successful under him. I certainly hope that is the case.

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Engleberger.

Nope he played and actually had a few sacks.

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 03:29 AM
It's not about his stats Weisenheimer. The bottom line is, he was here for that long and the current regime dismissed that tenure by not even calling him personally. Just because something happens all the time, doesn't make it right. It's not about what Shanny would have done, it's about what's the right thing to do. To me, this speaks highly to potential leadership issues.

If you have the opportunity to avoid bad press and bad impressions to anyone, how cheap is it to make a call to the right number? If you don't see that behavior as a potentially viral negative impression, then you don't understand good management.

One you are only hearing one side of it. I never believe second stories anyways. I have learned through experience that when people tell stories about there lives. Like why they got divorced, fired, how it happened etc etc there is always a spin. This is Nates spin and I'm sure Broncos don't see it as a big enough to deal to respond.

If Mcdaniels doesn't make you feel warm and cozy Dr Phil I suggest you take an extra Motrin and have your hubby run your feet.

Also like I said you seem to think 6 yrs means he should get some special send off. It's only playing well that ever gets you that. If anything Broncos probably called wrong number because the other number didn't go through, or someone just assumed that was his number.

In any event such a non issue I can't believe it's a big deal to anyone.

cutthemdown
05-22-2010, 03:31 AM
I don't think many of the Broncos moves have been questionable. High profile yes, questionable is opinion.

Hambone wants to discuss the questionable moves but never proved they were questionable. It's like the Chewbacca defense.

16slayer24
05-22-2010, 03:46 AM
what if threy called him too tell himm and he just wouldnt answer??? or come too dove valley???

Ray Finkle
05-22-2010, 05:12 AM
Thanks Hambone for once again bringing nothing to the table.....you are the new mock.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 06:56 AM
One you are only hearing one side of it. I never believe second stories anyways. I have learned through experience that when people tell stories about there lives. Like why they got divorced, fired, how it happened etc etc there is always a spin. This is Nates spin and I'm sure Broncos don't see it as a big enough to deal to respond.

If Mcdaniels doesn't make you feel warm and cozy Dr Phil I suggest you take an extra Motrin and have your hubby run your feet.

Also like I said you seem to think 6 yrs means he should get some special send off. It's only playing well that ever gets you that. If anything Broncos probably called wrong number because the other number didn't go through, or someone just assumed that was his number.

Speaking of Dr. Phil, don't be afraid to add more drama than is necessary, Kettle because the pot isn't ready to be called an African American. I'm not suggesting a special send off was necessary but if my employer called my parents house and left a message when I was being let go, I'd be more than butt-hurt, I'd be pissed and for good reason.

And per the bolded portion above, perhaps a returned phone call would have been appropriate. I guess he gave the wrong number then too.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 07:01 AM
I don't think many of the Broncos moves have been questionable. High profile yes, questionable is opinion.

Hambone wants to discuss the questionable moves but never proved they were questionable. It's like the Chewbacca defense.

I'm not interested in discussing any of the moves in detail and deliberately haven't mentioned them because I hoped for the thread to stay on track and focused. Questionable isn't so horrible a word is it? If they're is room for opinion then there is room for "questionable". Have a nice day Phyllys.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks Hambone for once again bringing nothing to the table.....you are the new mock.

For you to draw that correlation and expect it to have any validity or insult says it all, all by itself.

tsiguy96
05-22-2010, 07:08 AM
i love how hambone goes out of his way to find reasons to hate mcdaniels.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 07:18 AM

Just like I've gone out of my way to specifically reference positive things about him and reiterate, over and over again, that I'm merely concerned about the "possibility" there is some problem there. He is an unproven head coach that has made some highly questionable moves personnel wise. I guess every almost every analyst in the football world hates McDaniels too because they too see some potential for bigger issues with his decision making.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2010, 07:31 AM
The hambone crusade against McDaniels continues.

Are we really so hard up for athletes to appear on radio in this town that we have to dig up the corpse of Nate ****ing Jackson? Really? The guy hasn't played a year, was a marginal player at best, and he's upset that he didn't get the personal white glove treatment from a coach he'd never played for?

And this is supposed to say something about McD?

Seems like it says a lot more about Jackson.

bronco_diesel
05-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Man, sports radio in our town is suffering. The best show is Vic and Gary in the AM.

I listened to the segment knowing that Dmac and Oren were on, so the quality would be sub par and the content would be juvenile....I was surprised they were actually talking football.

I didn't realize it was Nate Jackson at first, but he certainly did not do himself any favors. He sounds like a bitter dude who's taking shots at the coach that cut him. I always feel that time vets out the character of a person...I lost respect for Jackson today. His response to this situation further explains validity to his getting cut.

I don't like the way it was handled, but I am also wondering the other side of the story. Rather than be bitter about the guy who cut him, how about be thankful for the organization that gave him way more shots than he deserved.

Drek
05-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Nate Jackson wasn't Shanahan's boy, he was his full on yes man who literally stole a paycheck for at least three of his six years here.

He did nothing of worth for this organization. He should be happy that McDaniels didn't speak to him personally because obviously he's too mentally fragile to handle the cold hard truth that he is an injury prone, undersized TE/slow WR with marginal talent at best. He lived off of Bill Walsh's recommendation and Shanahan's infatuation with that. Yes men don't deserve any kind of kind treatment when their gravy train is brought to a halt.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 07:53 AM
The hambone crusade against McDaniels continues.

Are we really so hard up for athletes to appear on radio in this town that we have to dig up the corpse of Nate ****ing Jackson? Really? The guy hasn't played a year, was a marginal player at best, and he's upset that he didn't get the personal white glove treatment from a coach he'd never played for?

And this is supposed to say something about McD?

Seems like it says a lot more about Jackson.

Here we go again. Crusade huh? I don't know how it's possible to be politically correct enough around here w/o being deemed a hater and on a witch hunt. With the tone of the responses to valid news one would think I've suggested Nate should be in the Ring of Fame with his ass wiped via Tebow's white gloved hand.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Man, sports radio in our town is suffering. The best show is Vic and Gary in the AM.

I listened to the segment knowing that Dmac and Oren were on, so the quality would be sub par and the content would be juvenile....I was surprised they were actually talking football.

I didn't realize it was Nate Jackson at first, but he certainly did not do himself any favors. He sounds like a bitter dude who's taking shots at the coach that cut him. I always feel that time vets out the character of a person...I lost respect for Jackson today. His response to this situation further explains validity to his getting cut.

I don't like the way it was handled, but I am also wondering the other side of the story. Rather than be bitter about the guy who cut him, how about be thankful for the organization that gave him way more shots than he deserved.

:rofl: Yeah, Nate was a completely Jamie Dukes style jackass in that segment. You're right. There was no sign what-so-ever of class, objectivity or understanding. :stupid:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Here we go again. Crusade huh? I don't know how it's possible to be politically correct enough around here w/o being deemed a hater and on a witch hunt. With the tone of the responses to valid news one would think I've suggested Nate should be in the Ring of Fame with his ass wiped via Tebow's white gloved hand.

If you don't want to be considered to be on a crusade, you might want to try posting something other than "McDaniels is evil!" in every thread. Just a thought.

It's so funny too because you claim over and over again that Cutler haters do the same thing, but I've never ever seen someone hold on so tightly to one "hate this person" ideology. Well, except mock.

Great company you're keeping.

Also: An interview with a marginal player who hasn't seen a field in over a year is considered "valid news" in your world?

hambone13
05-22-2010, 08:19 AM
If you don't want to be considered to be on a crusade, you might want to try posting something other than "McDaniels is evil!" in every thread. Just a thought.

It's so funny too because you claim over and over again that Cutler haters do the same thing, but I've never ever seen someone hold on so tightly to one "hate this person" ideology. Well, except mock.

Great company you're keeping.

Also: An interview with a marginal player who hasn't seen a field in over a year is considered "valid news" in your world?

If the sum of all of my collective parts were summed up by what you choose to surgically focus on in my posts, I would agree you are correct. It's news more worthy than much else that is available out there at the moment but if it's not massaging McD's ass then you don't want to talk about it. If your capacity for analysis actually aligns me with Mock in your mind, that says it all Moose-knuckle.

Meck77
05-22-2010, 08:28 AM
I heard Nate called Cutler and they had a good cry over the phone while wearing their snuggies.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2010, 08:46 AM
I heard Nate called Cutler and they had a good cry over the phone while wearing their snuggies.

I heard Cutler was absolutely trashed.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2010, 08:50 AM
If the sum of all of my collective parts were summed up by what you choose to surgically focus on in my posts, I would agree you are correct. It's news more worthy than much else that is available out there at the moment but if it's not massaging McD's ass then you don't want to talk about it. If your capacity for analysis actually aligns me with Mock in your mind, that says it all Moose-knuckle.

Oh good. Name calling. How adult of you. And creative too!

What do you want from me? Every time I see one of your posts, it just so happens that it's an anti-McDaniels rant, or an example of a player questioning McD's "people skills," or some other lunacy. Is it a coincidence? Perhaps. Maybe I do only see one out of every 10 of your posts.

But it does appear that you have an anti-McDaniels crusade going on. /shrug

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2010, 08:50 AM

Nate Jackson is a millionaire who has 240 career receiving yards....he should be thankful and not bitter, no matter if it was handled correctly or not.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Oh good. Name calling. How adult of you. And creative too!

What do you want from me? Every time I see one of your posts, it just so happens that it's an anti-McDaniels rant, or an example of a player questioning McD's "people skills," or some other lunacy. Is it a coincidence? Perhaps. Maybe I do only see one out of every 10 of your posts.

But it does appear that you have an anti-McDaniels crusade going on. /shrug

This being a Bronco's fan site tends to lead to most of the people here posting and responding positively to all things positive about the Broncos. Because there are so few perspectives that actually speak to potential for their being another idea is why my posts stand out. I share many of the positive feelings other fans and posters do here. When I agree and am compelled by something clever and interesting, I frquently respond in kind but don't always have anything to add because it's been said so many times and in so many different ways.

And my chosen name for you, I did find comical. It's not like you've ever given me any reason to say something kind or "adult" as you put it. It's not exactly adult to follow me around, pick out the pieces of my posts that you don't like and call them a crusading hatred with a consistently condescending and berating tone. You have a tendency to be the Jamie Dukes of McRegime.

BroncoBuff
05-22-2010, 09:10 AM
He did nothing of worth for this organization. He should be happy that McDaniels didn't speak to him personally because obviously he's too mentally fragile to handle the cold hard truth that he is an injury prone, undersized TE/slow WR with marginal talent at best. He lived off of Bill Walsh's recommendation and Shanahan's infatuation with that. Yes men don't deserve any kind of kind treatment when their gravy train is brought to a halt.

This is largely true ... but the vitriol, my friend! You could at least have included the ubiquitous Nate description "soft hands." As far as "undersized TE/slow WR" ... we did pretty well with one of those guys once. Not a defense of Brittle Nate, just the player type.

And we're waiting on your rookie avatar choice ... (Eric Olsen of course, right? ;D)

hambone13
05-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Nate Jackson is a millionaire who has 240 career receiving yards....he should be thankful and not bitter, no matter if it was handled correctly or not.

I thought he was professional and objective about what he chose to say. Was it the perfect thing to say in the "agent-coached, always say something positive thing" boring, sort of way that we consistently see athletes respond to questions sort of way, no. He's not playing any more and he is referencing a phenomenon that is important, even in business, humanity and professionalism. Treating people like pieces of a manufacturing process isn't acceptable, imo. I'm not suggesting that every player that comes to camp to compete for a job needs to be coddled and treated like a first date, I'm talking about a guy that was with an organization for 6 years. If you were the janitor for a company for 6 years, you deserve a call from your boss.

Hogan11
05-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Didn't Cleveland pick him up last year?

He's probably burning up Shanahan's cell phone begging to come to WSN

Cito Pelon
05-22-2010, 09:26 AM
A guy I know that flies a helicopter told me McD has a giant Elway in a hoodie balloon tethered to the roof of his house.

Top that, hambone.

hambone13
05-22-2010, 09:35 AM
A guy I know that flies a helicopter told me McD has a giant Elway in a hoodie balloon tethered to the roof of his house.

Top that, hambone.

ROFL! Classic.

BroncoBuff
05-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Submitted for your consideration, Drek:

Gotta love bashing Trojan scum...
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1671/olsenk.jpg

Gotta love the alternative duds, too:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4oai2QUlbUE/SHUEYI3COOI/AAAAAAAAB1c/aU_iIopRv64/s400/eric%2Bolsen.bmp

Badass mofo leading them outta the tunnel ... Play Like a Champion Today!
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/71/719854.jpg

Listen dumass, I'm telling you ... don't be expecting a phone call on Day One.
http://images.townnews.com/registercitizen.com/content/articles/2009/11/19/sports/uconn/doc4b04da5d15d96291673886.jpg

No fair exploiting the awkward teen years.
http://blog.silive.com/sportsspotlight/2008/09/medium_Fer-olsen.jpg

This one's my personal favorite:
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/EricOlsen-vs-Michigan.jpg

Seeing this one, I might have to reconsider my Adopt-a-Broncos ...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2010, 09:41 AM
This being a Bronco's fan site tends to lead to most of the people here posting and responding positively to all things positive about the Broncos. Because there are so few perspectives that actually speak to potential for their being another idea is why my posts stand out. I share many of the positive feelings other fans and posters do here. When I agree and am compelled by something clever and interesting, I frquently respond in kind but don't always have anything to add because it's been said so many times and in so many different ways.

And my chosen name for you, I did find comical. It's not like you've ever given me any reason to say something kind or "adult" as you put it. It's not exactly adult to follow me around, pick out the pieces of my posts that you don't like and call them a crusading hatred with a consistently condescending and berating tone. You have a tendency to be the Jamie Dukes of McRegime.

What I find comical is that you think I "follow you around" to comment on your posts. Please don't flatter yourself so. I find your takes boring and pedestrian, honestly, and the only reason I do comment when I come across one of your posts is because I take issue with your tone. I'm not exactly searching the site for your posts in order to make a point.

Again, don't flatter yourself.

KipCorrington25
05-22-2010, 09:41 AM
So he should have called him into the office, OK fine, but going on the radio and crying about a year later is Pathetic and I capitalized the P. Nate Jackson was terrible and his little bitch attitude is exactly the reason cutting him was a graet move.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2010, 09:43 AM
So he should have called him into the office, OK fine, but going on the radio and crying about a year later is Pathetic and I capitalized the P. Nate Jackson was terrible and his little b**** attitude is exactly the reason cutting him was a graet move.

Awww, you're just saying that because you're part of the "McRegime." The cool kids are making the same arguments about how McD can't handle people over and over again.

BroncoBuff
05-22-2010, 09:46 AM
So he should have called him into the office, OK fine, but going on the radio and crying about a year later is Pathetic and I capitalized the P. Nate Jackson was terrible and his little b**** attitude is exactly the reason cutting him was a graet move.

Agreed ... he should be thankful for the money, not to mention all the free whirlpools.

Hogan has a point ... anybody think the Redskins might actually bring him in? Do they have sufficient trainer personnel?

Dagmar
05-22-2010, 09:48 AM
So Hambone listens to the radio and has chosen the reaction of a scrub being cut that McDaniels is immature and a bad people person.

Yawn.

****ing yawn.

ScottXray
05-22-2010, 10:02 AM

Well, lets see.... they left a message on his parents answering machine. Maybe if he had told the office HOW to get hold of him they might have called him directly? And maybe they did call his cell phone...but when he saw who the caller was he didn't pick up....because he KNEW that he was going to get cut based on non performance on the field. And maybe after several attempts they decided to finally leave a message.

We only know his side of it and even he admits that it happens all the time. If he wanted to get all touchy feely about his job termination maybe he should have called THEM in the off season to see about his status.

Performance reviews are what they are called in the real world....and non performance is one of the surest ways to get fired. Frankly, he was lucky to get away with it for so long. I don't feel the Broncos or McD owe him any explanation. And until he delivers the tape on that answering machine of McD blowing him a raspberry along with his firing statement I don't care what he says. Just sour grapes.

Drek
05-22-2010, 10:06 AM
This is largely true ... but the vitriol, my friend! You could at least have included the ubiquitous Nate description "soft hands." As far as "undersized TE/slow WR" ... we did pretty well with one of those guys once. Not a defense of Brittle Nate, just the player type.

And we're waiting on your rookie avatar choice ... (Eric Olsen of course, right? ;D)

No vitriol, just find it mildly insulting as a fan that someone who wasted a roster spot and a small bit of cap room for about half a decade on this team without ever giving anything back feels he has the right to bitch about how he was treated during the regime change.

Maybe Nate aught to ask his former teammate Dominique Foxworth why he didn't want to be a Bronco anymore, if Shanahan was always such a stand up, even handed guy.

Or ask Trevor Pryce and Al Wilson if they like how Shanahan handled the end of their tenure with the Broncos, I doubt you'll get glowing reviews from either.

Those guys all actually contributed to this team at some point too.

This is the equivalent of Patrick Hape being pissed off because the Broncos won't sign him to a one day deal so he can retire a Bronco. Absolute foolishness.

As for my Rookie avatar choice, haven't decided yet. Olsen is in the running, but thats a little too ND homer of me after choosing Bruton last year. Kinda thinking Beadles or Walton right now, with Decker as a dark horse.

Hogan11
05-22-2010, 10:24 AM
This is the equivalent of Patrick Hape being pissed off because the Broncos won't sign him to a one day deal so he can retire a Bronco. Absolute foolishness.

Excellent. Checkmate. :thumbs:

Hogan11
05-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Agreed ... he should be thankful for the money, not to mention all the free whirlpools.

Hogan has a point ... anybody think the Redskins might actually bring him in? Do they have sufficient trainer personnel?

Look at it this way: If you were Jackson and you knew you were a substandard player, wouldn't you be on the line to the guy who never fired you and let you hang around the longest in spite of the return?

Times are tough enough to swallow the pride and beg for that job, just sayin'

theAPAOps5
05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Every time he is on the fan he sounds like cry baby at points but he is also pretty funny at other times. He rode the coattails of Shanny for years an the ride is over. Thats how I take that. Sure they could have called him but o'well.

He also didn't like the benching of Plummer was very critical of that.

I was laughing my arse off at the Tebow impression!

azbroncfan
05-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Big deal like the front office needed to give a 3rd string backup TE that was lucky to even be in the league special treatment. Be happy you made a good living for 6 years Nate and find something else to whine about. You got your NFL retirement and you were lucky to play long enough for that. Cry me a river and obviously the rest of the league thought as highly of you as MCD since teams weren't exactly running to the front of the line to sign you.

BroncoBuff
05-22-2010, 11:26 AM
As for my Rookie avatar choice, haven't decided yet. Olsen is in the running, but thats a little too ND homer of me after choosing Bruton last year. Kinda thinking Beadles or Walton right now, with Decker as a dark horse.
I know you have images supressed, but I gave you some Olsen suggestions above.

I found the Claussen caption pretty funny myself ;D

Flex Gunmetal
05-22-2010, 11:34 AM
hambone trolled everyone into a 65 post thread about nate jackson crying over his release?

For shame.

HEAV
05-22-2010, 11:48 AM

Hamebone is a fk'n hater it's not hard to see. A thread about a former Shanny bitch-boy that got cut and hasn't landed an other NFL gig in over a year...give me a break. Hell Shanny hasn't even called the guy to play in D.C.

Nate Jackson is a whinner and a sour puss.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stefan_fatsis/09/08/qa/index.html

Just read this lame interview from last year. It's never his fault what happens to him in life.

Nate Jackson and Hambone are jokes.

BroncoBuff
05-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Gotta love the alternative duds, too:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4oai2QUlbUE/SHUEYI3COOI/AAAAAAAAB1c/aU_iIopRv64/s400/eric%2Bolsen.bmp

Although, if memory serves me ... the Buffaloes kinda destroyed ND when they wore those duds in the Fiesta Bowl ???

DenverBrit
05-22-2010, 11:53 AM
For all of Jackson's production with the Broncos and the money he made, he's lucky to have received a phone call.

E Mail would have been more appropriate.

How dare they leave him a message when he didn't answer. Ha!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Guys, stop following hambone around and commenting on his brilliant posts. Why do you guys have to stalk the guy? He's not a hater, he's just the only one who sees through McDaniels' McRegime.

Mr. Elway
05-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Jack Nasty has always been a whiner.

Kaylore
05-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm merely concerned about the "possibility" there is some problem there.
Please. Your hand wringing over this is ridiculous. The fact is that Nate needed to go and was kept instead of a lot of more deserving players. Saying that him not speaking to Jackson personally to cut him is some kind of proof he doesn't have good people skills is ridicules.

The other guys that were cut haven't said these things. Vonnie Holiday wanted to end his career here. The only guys that seemed to have a problem with him are really Scheffler and Cutler. Cutler has gone on to create turmoil for a new team. Scheffler was Cutler's boy. Marshall got along with McDaniels fine on a personal level, so that example can't be used.

All this is is one still bitter cut player (and I heard the segment yesterday and he very clearly was still bitter about it even though he said he wasn't) venting and complaining about the business. Then you decided to run with one scrubs release and pretend it shows McDaniels is a sociopath. Give me a break.

Archer81
05-22-2010, 02:18 PM
This ranks a 9.0 on the bull**** meter.

:Broncos:

TheReverend
05-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Nate Jackson was a favor to Bill Walsh.

No more. No less.

Paladin
05-22-2010, 02:38 PM
:alghh:

barryr
05-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Who the **** cares what Nate Jackson says? I guess we'll go find Chad Mustard and see what he thinks since he was around for years too doing nothing.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Belichick is an amazing "people person".

Who give a **** about Nate Jackson's feelings?

BroncoBuff
05-22-2010, 03:57 PM
We'll go find Chad Mustard and see what he thinks since he was around for years too doing nothing.

Careful, Dortoh's just now lifting his head out of whatever hole it's been in.

He's like a frightened wild forest animal ... this kind of post could spook him.

theAPAOps5
05-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Hambone will latch onto any information he can that will validate his opinion of McD. I mean Marshall said McD would go on to be one of the greatest coaches of all time and he got along great with him.

Some could say that Shanny has personality issues. I believe he once cut a player who went on to call him that little man on a radio show in Denver. But I would never say Shanahan has personality issues. Or what about when Sundquist was canned? He said he was surprised and that Mike was getting terrible advice and that he would land on his feet in the same or better capacity. Finally, what about his tendency to favor more elite players. Stink had a classic story a few months ago about how Sharpe pulled something on the field that got a flag and hurt the team. Sharpe came over and Shanny told him thats ok we'll get them next time and encouraged him. He then looked over at stink and said if you ever pull that your will be cut tomorrow. Stink loved Shanny regardless.

Just a note I am using Shanny because of the polar opposite opinion of him vs. McD. Shanny was a great coach and got along great with 99% of his players.

Look people who get fired have a sour taste it happens but taking what they say about a guy as 100% confirmation is just down right redicules (for Kaylore!).

crush17
05-22-2010, 06:31 PM
HAEY GUYZ I GOT AN EMAIL FROM SANDY CLOUGH...

seriously hambone, you are reading way too far into this.

azbroncfan
05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Big deal like the front office needed to give a 3rd string backup TE that was lucky to even be in the league special treatment. Be happy you made a good living for 6 years Nate and find something else to whine about. You got your NFL retirement and you were lucky to play long enough for that. Cry me a river and obviously the rest of the league thought as highly of you as MCD since teams weren't exactly running to the front of the line to sign you.

Popps
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Are we really talking about Nate ****ing Jackson? That turd is lucky he ever had a roster spot. Who gives a **** how we released him. Just be happy we did.

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I have a cousin named nate... just saying...

Mr. Trout
05-22-2010, 10:38 PM
How many years until Nate Jackson is Hall of Fame eligible? However long it is, it is way too long.

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
How many years until Nate Jackson is Hall of Fame eligible? However long it is, it is way too long.

if we're talking Hillis years it was last year that nate was eligible my friend...

Mr. Trout
05-22-2010, 11:03 PM
if we're talking Hillis years it was last year that nate was eligible my friend...

dammit i guess i missed it. How could I forget the induction of Nate Jackson. I am driving to the hall of fame to visit his bronze bust now.

broncocalijohn
05-22-2010, 11:34 PM
When this thread first started, I never clicked on it figuring in my head, "Who cares what Nate Jackson has to say!" Then I noticed it hit 4 pages and thought something more is up with this thread. Did it get food jacked? Punisher came back to chime in? Or did it become a player vs McDaniels posts by a hater. Sure enough, that is what it was. If it did go down like this, Hambone is correct saying that is chicken ****. But in reality, you are going the Nate Jackson route to go after McDaniels. Nate "WHO" Jackson?

hambone13
05-23-2010, 01:41 AM
When this thread first started, I never clicked on it figuring in my head, "Who cares what Nate Jackson has to say!" Then I noticed it hit 4 pages and thought something more is up with this thread. Did it get food jacked? Punisher came back to chime in? Or did it become a player vs McDaniels posts by a hater. Sure enough, that is what it was. If it did go down like this, Hambone is correct saying that is chicken ****. But in reality, you are going the Nate Jackson route to go after McDaniels. Nate "WHO" Jackson?

The Mc Piranha are loose!

I've already mentioned multiple times that McD has done some things that are growing on me but that I still have reservations about his approach to personnel management and his, "the player" paradigm. As you mentioned, if it did go down like this, it is in fact chicken-**** no matter the insignificance of a role player. A role player of 6 years, is still a person working for an organization for 6 years.

I don't get the impression that Nate is the type of person to just create **** to justify his bitterness. I felt as though he gave a well rounded description of his past bitterness. He goes on to say, perhaps it's just immaturity and hopes he will improve for the sake of the Broncos. I agree.

CEH
05-23-2010, 08:03 AM
The Mc Piranha are loose!

I've already mentioned multiple times that McD has done some things that are growing on me but that I still have reservations about his approach to personnel management and his, "the player" paradigm. As you mentioned, if it did go down like this, it is in fact chicken-**** no matter the insignificance of a role player. A role player of 6 years, is still a person working for an organization for 6 years.

I don't get the impression that Nate is the type of person to just create **** to justify his bitterness. I felt as though he gave a well rounded description of his past bitterness. He goes on to say, perhaps it's just immaturity and hopes he will improve for the sake of the Broncos. I agree.

I'm going to assume McD did have too much power too soon but with his first year he learned alot with his OTJ training

Suggestion
Maybe ask your buddy Clough to expand more on the release of Kenny Peterson who you reference earlier so then we might have a more timely topic to discuss concerning McX's people skills than a year old bitterman.

I've heard Nate give a radio interview three times in the last year and he says the same thing every time woo is me. Right after his release, once around XMas when he was on with his buddy Sheffler and now this time

Nate is a hobo. An artistic guy who has no direction in life. I think you can talk him him personally he's playing music outside a Starbucks at 1-25 and Arapahoe road right down the street from Dove Valley

Kaylore
05-23-2010, 08:13 AM
He goes on to say, perhaps it's just immaturity and hopes he will improve for the sake of the Broncos. I agree.

Well you're both wrong.

DarkHorse30
05-23-2010, 10:30 AM

bingo.

HAT
05-23-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com//forums/this-thread-sucks/1/Care-Bear.jpg

SportinOne
05-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Nate didn't suck balls. Nate got hurt a lot which was completely out of his control. Many of you need to remember that the 3 hours that they are on the field every Sunday is a mere fraction of the work they put in. They are constantly putting in their time together, just as in any workplace. After 6 years I would hope that McDaniels would have at least tried his cell phone.

Drek
05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Nate didn't suck balls. Nate got hurt a lot which was completely out of his control. Many of you need to remember that the 3 hours that they are on the field every Sunday is a mere fraction of the work they put in. They are constantly putting in their time together, just as in any workplace. After 6 years I would hope that McDaniels would have at least tried his cell phone.

And I would hope that McDaniels, newly hired to turn around a listless Broncos organization, would have better things to do than console and coddle Shanahan's yes men as he shows them the door.

I'd bet they went straight down the list of provided contacts, first one to get a response gets the message he's out of a job, then move on to the next scrub yes man.

I bet it wasn't even McDaniels making the calls either, if you guys want more reason to hate.

If I were Pat Bowlen I'd feel personally insulted if McDaniels spent a minute of his time dealing with releasing scrubs, and full on irate at letting them come in and talk it out with him. Bowlen doesn't pay him to counsel ex-Broncos, he pays him to make this franchise win meaningful football games again.

This whole thing to me underscores a massive problem with Mike Shanahan's later years here, not McDaniels. The fact that a guy like Nate Jackson felt he was entitled to take up 30 or 40 minutes of the coach's time to talk about why he was no longer needed drives home the point that Shanahan stopped treating this like the cutthroat business that it is and instead was too busy playing nice with his pet players while solid players like Foxworth weren't allowed to compete, Al Wilson's end of tenure here was botched in the most embarrassing fashion possible, and the last standout DL we had was let go because he wouldn't take a massive pay cut after which he then signed with a competitor of ours for what amounted to a modest pay cut. Not to mention the annual scapegoating of DCs until he had another yes man running the show there as well. That is a complete and total failure at personnel management.

hambone13
05-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Well you're both wrong.

I don't know if it's our avatar that I like more or you but neither one of us know that.

hambone13
05-24-2010, 03:45 AM

If an organization let's a 6 year janitor stick around with that level of unproductive activity....he deserves a call by default. If for no other reason to say, "We've failed to tell you for the last 6 years that we didn't really value your work, we just don't have the balls to do what we want because some Walsh guy said you were cool. Either way, thank you for coming to work and being here. We were just going to leave a Msg on your parents answering machine."

Now that, is professionalism in motion...."We were just avoiding telling you were a worthless, obviously retarded jackass......."

"Call your uncle and thank him, because he just made you a million bucks.'

'For what?', the Janitor said.

'For being retard strong on my short bus window licking competition. I won it. I duped them out of millions. It's strange though, they're mailing my super special trophy to my P.O. Box in Argentina. You know how much I like Argentina. They're so thoughtful."

hambone13
05-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Just think if Popps would have originally posted this thread as:

"Nate Jackson-insignificant contributor for our spectacular team-Doesn't do the, "Team Thing", but "It Made Me UnHappy".

Posts to follow:

Mountain Bronco
05-24-2010, 09:44 AM
He should have never been on the roster to begin with. They owed that dude nothing. Give me a break.