PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook might decide future soon

HEAV
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora has been all over the Brian Westbrook story, and offered up another update Thursday on “NFL Total Access” when he said it’s “very likely” a deal will be done in the next seven days. That belief is based on the notion the teams most interested in Westbrook — the Rams, Redskins and Broncos — would like him to take part in June minicamps.

That trio has been the most rumored teams in pursuit of Westbrook from the jump following his injury-plagued 2009 season. He most recently visited the Redskins, where GM Bruce Allen has a role in mind. La Canfora reported earlier this week that Westbrook is still “under consideration,” according to coach Mike Shanahan.

Westbrook also visited the Broncos — where coach Josh McDaniels called him a “good fit,” according to The Denver Post – and passed a physical with the Rams, the first team he met with during the offseason.

-------------

I thought he visited the Broncos last, which would make them most recent visit...

Anyway he signs with Denver it's just another weapon/option for the passing game.

sisterhellfyre
05-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Between Buckhalter and Westbrook... just call 'em the "Denver Beagles" and go with it?

UberBroncoMan
05-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Between Buckhalter and Westbrook... just call 'em the "Denver Beagles" and go with it?

Sounds too close to Bengals.

NFLBRONCO
05-21-2010, 08:15 PM
2 roster spots for maybe 1 FT player between Buck and WB I hope he signs elsewhere. I like WB I just hate using two roster spots hoping to get 8 games from both each season. They get hurt alot.

BroncoBuff
05-21-2010, 10:26 PM
"Might decide future soon" ... really Canfora? That's your headline?

Way to go out on a limb there, Nostradamus.

Killericon
05-21-2010, 10:38 PM

The Denver 2004 Super Bowl Reunion Parties.

BroncoBuff
05-21-2010, 10:43 PM

Don't forget Dawkins.

HAT
05-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Beavis clerly putting the horse beforr the bathwater

8 backs for limited spots?

Slowshon couldn't outrun a gopher on my brothers farmville

3-18 at best.

broncocalijohn
05-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Sounds too close to Bengals.

yes, but with much better character.

Drek
05-22-2010, 03:37 AM
2 roster spots for maybe 1 FT player between Buck and WB I hope he signs elsewhere. I like WB I just hate using two roster spots hoping to get 8 games from both each season. They get hurt alot.

Thats what the 53 man roster and the 45 man active roster is for.

You could do a lot worse with one of those 8 inactive roster spots than cycling Westbrook and Buckhalter through depending on who was healthier at the time.

Basically treat them like relief pitchers for Moreno. The freshest one gets the call as a game to game situation.

Better that than not signing him, having Arrington and the rest of the filler backs not pan out, and then see Buck get a long term injury in week 4 or 5 with no recourse but to digging in the waiver wire and free agent pool at that point.