PDA

View Full Version : cardinals not impressed with leinart or anderson

tsiguy96
05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
could be a prime opportunity to unload one of the 3 unloadable QBs on the team? no point in going into the season with multiple backups on this team that can start on others.

Traveler
05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
could be a prime opportunity to unload one of the 3 unloadable QBs on the team? no point in going into the season with multiple backups on this team that can start on others.

If they can't start here, how are they qualified to start on other teams?

tsiguy96
05-21-2010, 12:30 PM

if peyton manning and tom brady were on the same team, they wouldnt both start there either. its how having multiple players that play one position works.

Br0nc0Buster
05-21-2010, 12:34 PM

because they are still better than Leinart and Anderson

Br0nc0Buster
05-21-2010, 12:35 PM
not surprised
they both suck

worm
05-21-2010, 12:38 PM
if peyton manning and tom brady were on the same team, they wouldnt both start there either. its how having multiple players that play one position works.

Did you just compare Orton and Quinn to Manning and Brady?

tsiguy96
05-21-2010, 12:40 PM

did you just completely avoid the entire point of the argument? i think so. now go try reading again and understand what the grown ups are talking about.

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 12:43 PM

Missed the point completely. He's saying just because you can't start somewhere, that doesn't mean you're not good enough to start anywhere.

Br0nc0Buster
05-21-2010, 12:44 PM

fail

worm
05-21-2010, 12:48 PM
did you just completely avoid the entire point of the argument? i think so. now go try reading again and understand what the grown ups are talking about.

Granted I don't have a degree in exercise...but I do have enough reading comprehension to understand that you think we have at least two NFL starting calibur QBs on the roster not named Tebow and we should move one to a team in need of a starting caliber QB.

You cite a hypo of Manning and Brady not being able to start on the same team. So either your hypo blows as a way to make whatever point you think you are making....or you are an idiot. I will choose option B.

worm
05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Missed the point completely. He's saying just because you can't start somewhere, that doesn't mean you're not good enough to start anywhere.

Great...then invent another make believe example that is more applicable.

bronco militia
05-21-2010, 12:50 PM
TSI.....you suck at the internet

Report: Cardinals not impressed with Leinart, could sign Bulger

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 21, 2010 1:55 PM ET
In April PFT reported that the Arizona Cardinals could be interested in signing former St. Louis Rams quarterback Marc Bulger. Today a new report says the Cardinals are still interested, in part because of Matt Leinart's performance this offseason.

Jason Cole of Yahoo reports that the Cardinals' coaching staff hasn't been impressed with the work of either Leinart or Derek Anderson, and that coach Ken Whisenhunt will want to make a play for Bulger if he doesn't see improvement from the quarterbacks he already has.

It makes sense that Whisenhunt might think he could take a former Rams quarterback who appears to be washed up and turn him into a solid starter. He already did it once with Kurt Warner.

Bulger didn't have a particularly good season in 2009, with a 70.7 passer rating. Then again, that's better than the 2009 passer rating of Leinart (64.6) and Anderson (42.1).

ludo21
05-21-2010, 12:52 PM
No way Orton could start over Leinart or Anderson.

Where are your sources anyway?

tsiguy96
05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Granted I don't have a degree in exercise...but I do have enough reading comprehension to understand that you think we have at least two NFL starting calibur QBs on the roster not named Tebow and we should move one to a team in need of a starting caliber QB.

You cite a hypo of Manning and Brady not being able to start on the same team. So either your hypo blows as a way to make whatever point you think you are making....or you are an idiot. I will choose option B.

intelligent people understand the point i was making. if you have 2 people who are capable of starting for one position, well guess what, only one of them is going to start. then you have a guy who is capable of starting sitting on the bench. when your team has to choose between leinart and anderson, guess what, we have atleast 2 QBs better than them.

tsiguy96
05-21-2010, 12:54 PM

In April PFT reported that the Arizona Cardinals could be interested in signing former St. Louis Rams quarterback Marc Bulger. Today a new report says the Cardinals are still interested, in part because of Matt Leinart's performance this offseason.

Jason Cole of Yahoo reports that the Cardinals' coaching staff hasn't been impressed with the work of either Leinart or Derek Anderson, and that coach Ken Whisenhunt will want to make a play for Bulger if he doesn't see improvement from the quarterbacks he already has.

It makes sense that Whisenhunt might think he could take a former Rams quarterback who appears to be washed up and turn him into a solid starter. He already did it once with Kurt Warner.

Bulger didn't have a particularly good season in 2009, with a 70.7 passer rating. Then again, that's better than the 2009 passer rating of Leinart (64.6) and Anderson (42.1).

im aware of this. bulger sucks too, watched him play lately?

bronco militia
05-21-2010, 12:58 PM

at least post a link next time....sheesh

Br0nc0Buster
05-21-2010, 12:59 PM

what?
Leinart and Anderson are dog****
Even if you think Orton is "average", to say there is "no way" he could beat out either of those losers is ridiculous

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Orton, Quinn, Brandstater and Tebow.

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 01:05 PM

That's so funny. The Cards just keep taking the Rams QB's. I'll laugh if Bulger has Renaissance of sorts just like Warner did in the desert. That would be such a huge indictment of the Rams coaching staff.

Blart
05-21-2010, 01:06 PM

That's nit-picking, don't you think? Do you understand the point he's trying to make?

If your imagination requires a closer example, how about the '09 Eagles: Kolb and Vick. Two backup QB's that could have been starters on certain teams (i.e. buffalo) but were not starters in Philadelphia, because the Eagles had McNabb.

As for the point he's trying to make, the Broncos have just one proven starter. I don't think we're in a situation similar to '09 Philly.

bronco militia
05-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Bulger Sucking at football has nothing to do with your internet skills

azbroncfan
05-21-2010, 01:11 PM

Leinart is terrible and Anderson? Please I am not even a fan of Orton but those two they have in the desert now aren't very good and Anderson is the better of the two.

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 01:12 PM
That's nit-picking, don't you think? Do you understand the point he's trying to make?

If your imagination requires a closer example, how about the '09 Eagles: Kolb and Vick. Two backup QB's that could have been starters on certain teams (i.e. buffalo) but were not starters in Philadelphia, because the Eagles had McNabb.

Or Palmer/Kitna.

Or Romo/Bledsoe

Holcomb/Lossman

Schaub/Rosenfels

It's not a concept the average football fan should have difficulty getting.

Rabb
05-21-2010, 01:25 PM
what?
Leinart and Anderson are dog****
Even if you think Orton is "average", to say there is "no way" he could beat out either of those losers is ridiculous

Leinart has been below average at best and Anderson was in a constant battle with the guy who probably will be our #2 for the starting role in Cleveland....CLEVELAND

seriously, Orton would start over either of them right now

Dagmar
05-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Orton would be the starter in AZ if he went there, absolutely no doubt.

worm
05-21-2010, 01:45 PM
As for the point he's trying to make, the Broncos have just one proven starter. I don't think we're in a situation similar to '09 Philly.

I agree. If we were talking about Kolb in 09, then there would be a point. He has value. If Manning and Brady were on the same team there would be a point also. All are or could be starters.

What the Broncos have to offer is our own starting QB, or a journeyman in Quinn that couldn't hold a starting job in Cleveland to a team that already has Anderson or the unknown potential of Brandstater.

I think the idea of Arizona being interested in trading for any of them to start for them is ridiculous.

However, if you can convince somebody out there that Quinn or Brandstater is ready to start than be my guest and trade them!

Flex Gunmetal
05-21-2010, 02:27 PM
orton would be the starter in az if he went there, absolutely no doubt.

+1