PDA

View Full Version : Josh McD on Jimmy Rome Today.

RhymesayersDU
05-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Tune in and stuff.

inb4chriseverettjoke

Jerry Curl
05-21-2010, 08:29 AM
I bet you won't call me that one more time.

Los Broncos
05-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Chris...

crush17
05-21-2010, 08:39 AM
I bet I will...

BMarsh615
05-21-2010, 09:08 AM
I like when McD goes on the Rome show. Jim Rome loves McD because Josh told him used to always listen to his show in NE.

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 09:22 AM
I like when McD goes on the Rome show. Jim Rome loves McD because Josh told him used to always listen to his show in NE.

You forget that he then busted out a bunch of Rome-isms and referenced things only a clone would know. Other guests say they listen, but McD proved it with his quotes. Apparently a lot of the staff listen to Rome and Patrick Smyth, the PR guy for the Broncos works hard to get a lot of Broncos on the show.

Dagmar
05-21-2010, 09:27 AM
I apologize for asking but this is the radio show right? Where can I listen?

montrose
05-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I apologize for asking but this is the radio show right? Where can I listen?

Actually this is a good question, is it on his radio show or ESPN TV show?

Doggcow
05-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Rome has a radio show and a tv show on ESPN.

no-pseudo-fan
05-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Rome blasted the Broncos for picking Tebow, should be interesting.

RhymesayersDU
05-21-2010, 09:44 AM
It is the radio show.

Jimrome.com should have local affiliates. It is a 3 hour show but I don't know when McD is slotted for.

plummerrox
05-21-2010, 10:07 AM
sometime in Hour #2 - not a specific time yet.

Cito Pelon
05-21-2010, 10:09 AM
McD will be on sometime btwn 1100 & 1200 MDT, ESPN radio.

BigPlayShay
05-21-2010, 10:12 AM
FM 1043 The Fan streams the Rome show:

http://www.1043thefan.com/listenOnline.aspx

Jerry Curl
05-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Thank you!...I thought this was on espn at first :(. Everyone I know hates Romey but I like his shows and love the things he does on the show, Uh-Oh!.

BMarsh615
05-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Rome said about 10 minutes ago that McDaniels won't be on until sometime in the second hour of the show.

Jerry Curl
05-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Bottom hour #2.

HEAV
05-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Bottom of the second hour.

HEAV
05-21-2010, 10:42 AM
You forget that he then busted out a bunch of Rome-isms and referenced things only a clone would know. Other guests say they listen, but McD proved it with his quotes. Apparently a lot of the staff listen to Rome and Patrick Smyth, the PR guy for the Broncos works hard to get a lot of Broncos on the show.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJs2vHSNjVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJs2vHSNjVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Triplelefthook
05-21-2010, 11:16 AM
its a shame i have to suffer thru this douchebag for an hour before getting the McDaniels. jim rome is the most insufferable darsh i have ever listened to in my life

jim everett is my hero

HEAV
05-21-2010, 11:26 AM
its a shame i have to suffer thru this douchebag for an hour before getting the McDaniels. jim rome is the most insufferable darsh i have ever listened to in my life

jim everett is my hero

I take it that you never listened to Colin Cowherd... no that is crap radio!

McDaniels up next segment.

War on people that hate "Empire Strikes Back"!

no-pseudo-fan
05-21-2010, 11:26 AM

jim everett is my hero

Chris Everett?

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 11:27 AM
I used to hate Rome, but he's grown on me to the point I'm a fan. I hate the clones. I hate the rehearsed/scripted takes people are always trying to barf to appear witty and oh, so cool to try and make the smack off. However the tripple U sponsors are usually pretty funny and his takes are usually pretty good.

And some of his guest hosts are hilarious. Jay Mohr is always awesome and so are the Sklar brothers. And listening to Whitlock's moronic takes are always good for a laugh.

Triplelefthook
05-21-2010, 11:31 AM
i love the sklar bros. rome can be funny sometimes but he is a Grade-A know-it-all douchebag. typical Californian

watermock
congrarsts on the good start!

HEAV
As a Star Wars fan..eeerrrrrrr geek.. I find this segment both offensive, but damn funny!

Cito Pelon
05-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Salient statement:

McD on Tebow: He fits in so far. He keeps his mouth shut.

no-pseudo-fan
05-21-2010, 11:45 AM
I take it that you never listened to Colin Cowherd... no that is crap radio!

McDaniels up next segment.

War on people that hate "Empire Strikes Back"!

Return of the Jedi is better. Hilarious!

HEAV
05-21-2010, 11:46 AM
One Marshall

"We felt as a organization, that with all that happen here, we weren't going to do a long term comitment with the player. We feel as we got great market value for Brandon and he's in a better place."

HEAV
05-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Return of the Jedi is better. Hilarious!

blasphemy!

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 11:50 AM
On now. I'll try and transcribe.

-Everything is great. Looking forward to continuing exciting offseason. Excited about progress.

-(on Tebow and what he likes) Tim's been a very productive player at UF. Look for a lot of things: Leadership, playmaking with legs and arms, All their QB's do that but Tim better than other QB's coming out. Also believe from a mental aspect that there is "not much can't learn and retain". Looking at whole package plus how he is as person, how he fits in the locker room, feel what he brings to the QB position raises competition there.

-(on how they will tailor offense to him) We do that with all our players. We'll change and he'll change. We have enough adabtability with our offensive scheme to do that. Tim is more versatile than most. In the process of teaching him all they want him to do. Doing well but still a rookie and long way to go, but his versatility and ability gives him a greater opportunity to contribute than other rookies.

-(on how he's acclimated) He understands his large draw and persona, but he's worked hard and kept his head down while here. Just tried to fit in with his teammates. Knows his place like the other rookies. Do more than say to earn respect. Done a nice job and will continue to do so.

-(on QB position being open) Kyle is a good player and returning starter, but urged all players to create their own roles starting now. Every role is open and up to players to perform and produce. If one player or another is better they'll go with best 11. Improved a lot of areas, not just QB position.

-(on why Marshall was let go) Felt as an organization it was better to turn the page and not commit to that player. Felt like they got very fair value and wish him the best of luck in Miami. Relationship with Marshall is good.

-(On Westbrook) Feels like he'd fit in in the locker room. Like multidimensional backs. He does a lot of things. Coached well. As process goes on feels he will make the best choice and wait and see.

-(on Elvis) We are working together with Gary Rachard and Elvis, excited for him being at OTA's. Want to get something done in the near future to keep Elvis in Denver a long time. We have nothing but respect for Elvis and Gary and hope to get something done sooner than later.

-(on learning as a Head Coach) Certain things you have to do you don't know you had to do. There are things you like to do that help you win, but also other things you have to do with the same amount of energy and respect. I've learned over the last 16 months that some things you can't control and you just have to handle them.

-(on he and his son having Asthma) Doesn't receive the same type of national awareness it should. Want to try and raise awareness and education for it. He and Daniel Graham are working with national Jewish to raise awareness on the issue. Can go to nationaljewishhealth.org to help the disease.

Los Broncos
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the recap Kaylore.

montrose
05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
On Tebow: Tim was productive in college. We look for a lot of things in our QBs: leadership, the ability to make plays with both their legs and arms. We believe all our QBs can do that, obviously Tim was more adept than the other QBs coming out with those skills. Mentally there’s not much he can’t learn or retain which gives him a chance to compete to play sooner rather than later. Combined with his good person/team-first attitude – he fits right in the locker room.

Do Broncos expect Tebow to assimilate to their system or will the team mold itself to Tebow’s abilities: Going to do both. He will run the Broncos system but the team will also take into account his unique skill set and try to adapt the system to what he does. We have flexibility with our scheme to do that. Tim has shown he can do things other plays can’t. Right now, were in the process of teaching him everything we want him to do in our regular offense and will expand after that. With his ability to learn quickly, he can compete much sooner than other players.
On the attention he commands: Understands the attention that he draws, there has been a lot of media interested in him. He came in, kept his mouth shut and asked good questions. Tim works hard with the reps given to him, right now he’s looking to earn the respect of his teammates with his play.

Is the QB job Orton’s with guys behind him or wide open: Kyle is the returning starter and that’s where he’s at right now but we’ve urged players to make their own roles. Every role on the team is open; it’s up to the players to produce. If another player is better for the team in the end we’ll play with the best eleven. We’ve added competition at several positions including QB. Eager to go through spring and camp to see how it plays out.

Why was Marshall dealt: Made a decision as an organization and move away because with everything that happened, we were not going to make a long-term commitment so we tried to give him an opportunity to go somewhere that would compensate him with what he was looking for. We received fair value and wish him the best. I have a good relationship with Brandon and will continue that with him in Miami.

Meeting with Westbrook: Good meeting, he is a very talented player who has had great coaching. Would fit in perfectly because we like multi-dimensional backs which is exactly what he is. Wanted to get comfortable with him and let him hear what we would do with him. It’s a long process in the offseason, lots of teams are interested – in constant conversations with several players and their agents.

On Dumervil: Working with Elvis’ agent, Elvis is at OTAs. Sends positive message to the team, looking to get something done in the near future that keeps Elvis here a long time. Deals get done when everybody gets what they want; hopefully it gets done sooner rather than later.

On dealing with things you don’t see coming as a head coach: Biggest challenge is that you can be so excited and eager to work on certain things but there are another responsibilities you have to take care of with just as much care and attention. Things come up you have no control of, you have to deal with them the best you can.

On Asthma work: He and his son were born with it, trying to educate public about it. Doesn’t see the same national awareness as other diseases, wants to raise that and help prevent it for those possible. Working with Daniel graham on the issue through the National Jewish Hospital.

montrose
05-21-2010, 12:01 PM
On now. I'll try and transcribe.

-Everything is great. Looking forward to continuing exciting offseason. Excited about progress.

-(on Tebow and what he likes) Tim's been a very productive player at UF. Look for a lot of things: Leadership, playmaking with legs and arms, All their QB's do that but Tim better than other QB's coming out. Also believe from a mental aspect that there is "not much can't learn and retain". Looking at whole package plus how he is as person, how he fits in the locker room, feel what he brings to the QB position raises competition there.

-(on how they will tailor offense to him) We do that with all our players. We'll change and he'll change. We have enough adabtability with our offensive scheme to do that. Tim is more versatile than most. In the process of teaching him all they want him to do. Doing well but still a rookie and long way to go, but his versatility and ability gives him a greater opportunity to contribute than other rookies.

-(on how he's acclimated) He understands his large draw and persona, but he's worked hard and kept his head down while here. Just tried to fit in with his teammates. Knows his place like the other rookies. Do more than say to earn respect. Done a nice job and will continue to do so.

-(on QB position being open) Kyle is a good player and returning starter, but urged all players to create their own roles starting now. Every role is open and up to players to perform and produce. If one player or another is better they'll go with best 11. Improved a lot of areas, not just QB position.

-(on why Marshall was let go) Felt as an organization it was better to turn the page and not commit to that player. Felt like they got very fair value and wish him the best of luck in Miami. Relationship with Marshall is good.

-(On Westbrook) Feels like he'd fit in in the locker room. Like multidimensional backs. He does a lot of things. Coached well. As process goes on feels he will make the best choice and wait and see.

-(on Elvis) We are working together with Gary Rachard and Elvis, excited for him being at OTA's. Want to get something done in the near future to keep Elvis in Denver a long time. We have nothing but respect for Elvis and Gary and hope to get something done sooner than later.

-(on learning as a Head Coach) Certain things you have to do you don't know you had to do. There are things you like to do that help you win, but also other things you have to do with the same amount of energy and respect. I've learned over the last 16 months that some things you can't control and you just have to handle them.

-(on he and his son having Asthma) Doesn't receive the same type of national awareness it should. Want to try and raise awareness and education for it. He and Daniel Graham are working with national Jewish to raise awareness on the issue. Can go to nationaljewishhealth.org to help the disease.

You beat me! :notworthy

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
You beat me! :notworthy

By ten minutes. Yours is better though. Did you record and retype it exactly?

Popps
05-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks Kaylore/Monstrose!!

LonghornBronco
05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks guys

Dagmar
05-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks Kaylore/Monstrose!!

Indeed!

crush17
05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks guys. Rep.

Br0nc0Buster
05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
they have asthma huh
Tebow should be able to take care of that

montrose
05-21-2010, 01:41 PM
By ten minutes. Yours is better though. Did you record and retype it exactly?

Yep.

Dagmar
05-21-2010, 01:53 PM
As a Star Wars fan..eeerrrrrrr geek.. I find this segment both offensive, but damn funny!

http://wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/4333068306_68e5838d97_b.jpg

The Joker
05-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the recap Kaytrose. :sunshine:

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
For anyone that heard Rome today, is it true he loved the C'Mon LeBron song from my lebrontothemavs.com site? We don't get Rome here, locally, but I saw it on the 3rd hour rundown.

Did it?

Los Broncos
05-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Thank again for the recap fellas, give yourselfs a tongue.

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Listening to McDaniels talk about Orton and saying "he was our starter last year" followed by "the competition is open" sounds like he's begging for Tebow or someone else to take the job. That or they're trading Orton and ready to turn the page.

Orton did just sign his tender and every time a Bronco has done that this year they were traded.

Dagmar
05-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Listening to McDaniels talk about Orton and saying "he was our starter last year" followed by "the competition is open" sounds like he's begging for Tebow or someone else to take the job. That or they're trading Orton and ready to turn the page.

Orton did just sign his tender and every time a Bronco has done that this year they were traded.

I know it's not a huge comment but the We look for a lot of things in our QBs: leadership, the ability to make plays with both their legs and arms. said a lot for me. I love Kyle but he isn't very mobile.

Br0nc0Buster
05-21-2010, 03:37 PM

Chris Kuper?

Kaylore
05-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Chris Kuper?

I think they want to see how this year goes and then reward or trade him accordingly. I'd love to see us lock him up long term.

underrated29
05-21-2010, 04:43 PM

Doom??

montrose
05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Doom??

Elvis hasn't signed his tender yet.

UberBroncoMan
05-21-2010, 05:44 PM
blasphemy!

Could have been if there wasn't a battle hardened, well trained, and well funded legion of the best troops in the Empire being defeated by a bunch of fuzzy mini-bears.

Ewoks marked the beginning of George Lucas going insane.

The duel with Vader and the Emperor scene were ****ing powerful though.

KipCorrington25
05-21-2010, 07:25 PM

We're all begging for that. :thanku:

DenverBrit
05-21-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1232679

theAPAOps5
05-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Did anyone catch the Douche and Douche show (Mike Evans and Scott Hastings) they had a bit where they had a "machine" that could translate what someone said into the real meaning.

They translated McD's comments on Tebow and on Marshall and it was hilarious.

There is a theory that when McD is lying he coughs so that is what drove that bit.

Start the first podcast here and go to 16:45

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=1620

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
05-22-2010, 01:29 AM
On Asthma work: He and his son were born with it, trying to educate public about it. Doesn’t see the same national awareness as other diseases, wants to raise that and help prevent it for those possible. Working with Daniel graham on the issue through the National Jewish Hospital.

I told you all that McDaniels is Jewish!!!

kupesdad
05-22-2010, 01:38 PM
I think they want to see how this year goes and then reward or trade him accordingly. I'd love to see us lock him up long term.

Me too, Pop needs a fishing yacht errr boat

RhymesayersDU
05-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Me too, Pop needs a fishing yacht errr boat

Hah, awesome.

RhymesayersDU
05-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I told you all that McDaniels is Jewish!!!

Probably why he's against giving away lots of money to free agents.

/stereotype

/kidding