PDA

View Full Version : Is Lance Armstrong a doper

Elway777
05-20-2010, 09:24 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geuye1UvVLoaAAVQ9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzdjI0bTg xBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1NTMDFfMTYw/SIG=138rpaaql/EXP=1274455093/**http%3a//www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/20/AR2010052000855.html

Floyd Landis ,former winner of Tour De France but had tittle taken from him because of doping, hAS accured Armstong of doping. If anyone would have inside information on Armstong it would be Landis. What do you think.

Eldorado
05-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Spell check. For the win.

Master___Pain
05-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Probably. Cycling is the most corrupt sport on the planet.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Can we trade Marcus Thomas for Armstrong?

bowtown
05-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Of course he is.

Wes Mantooth
05-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Of course he is.

At least he is the best doper to have every cycled.

cousinal11
05-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Si.

broncocalijohn
05-20-2010, 10:52 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100520/sp_nm/us_cycling_landis;_ylt=AqCFXpaThN7mgWzOrF7MhC.s0NU E;_ylu=X3oDMTNsNGRzczI1BGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwNTIwL3V zX2N5Y2xpbmdfbGFuZGlzBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb 3MDNgRwb3MDMwRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5 lX2xpc3QEc2xrA2xhbmRpc2FkbWl0cw--

I think he is pulling a Pete Rose. Soon we will have a book out. Thank you **** Head Landis for Americans believing in you and us hating the French even more when in reality, they were correct and made us look like fools! The only one who probably backs you now and has an autographed picture of you right next to Barry Bonds is Garcia Bronco. F YOU Landis!

BroncoLifer
05-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Look at it this way -- we know that Jan Ullrich was doping. So the #2 cyclist in the world (and #3, #4, etc.) were actually peforming above their natural level. Do you think Lance was so good that a clean Lance was still better than the performance-enhanced rest of the world?

yerner
05-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes and they all should keep doing it. Nothing is more pointless than to try to stop it. It's impossible to police so just legalize it.

worm
05-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Bad Amish! Bad!

BigPlayShay
05-20-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't really care, but I found the Denver Post's headline almost Onion-like:

Landis admits doping, fingers Armstrong

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15124058

Dedhed
05-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Either way, he's the best ever. All those guys have been doping for years. All the guys he was competing against have been caught doping.

So, if he was doping, he's merely the best ever. If he wasn't doping, he's the best ever by a margin that is impossible to comprehend.

azbroncfan
05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Probably as long as anyone else that thought they could get away with it. With as much on the line as these guys got it would be hard to not do it if you thought your competition was. Anyone else here cycle?

Kaylore
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
I say no. So there!

gyldenlove
05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
As long as he was not banging waitresses everything is fine.

DarkHorse30
05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I say no. So there!

agreed...we are a quorum

broncocalijohn
05-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Probably as long as anyone else that thought they could get away with it. With as much on the line as these guys got it would be hard to not do it if you thought your competition was. Anyone else here cycle?

only if i was an illegal alien.

Cito Pelon
05-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Look at it this way -- we know that Jan Ullrich was doping. So the #2 cyclist in the world (and #3, #4, etc.) were actually peforming above their natural level. Do you think Lance was so good that a clean Lance was still better than the performance-enhanced rest of the world?

One would think he was doping or something because he was so dominant. But to go that many years - 7 consecutive Tour De France wins I believe - without getting caught tends to argue he was clean.

All these other guys keep getting caught, why wasn't Armstrong caught? Do you see my reasoning? And you better believe they tried everything they could to bust him, but couldnt.

And he made a comeback last year, right? And finished 3rd in the Tour, I believe. So that also tends to argue he was clean.

Arkansas Bronco
05-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Its freakin cycling who give a damn.

Wes Mantooth
05-20-2010, 11:57 AM
One would think he was doping or something because he was so dominant. But to go that many years - 7 consecutive Tour De France wins I believe - without getting caught tends to argue he was clean.

All these other guys keep getting caught, why wasn't Armstrong caught? Do you see my reasoning? And you better believe they tried everything they could to bust him, but couldnt.

And he made a comeback last year, right? And finished 3rd in the Tour, I believe. So that also tends to argue he was clean.

And don't forget he is the most tested athlete in the world. Also landis did come uppositive and had his title ripped away

broncosteven
05-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I say no. So there!

I agree, he came back last year and if he wasn't playing the team role to give Contador the win he could have taken it after sitting out a couple years and at his age. He had plenty of shots to take down Contador but stayed a team player.

I think he storms back again in about 6 weeks.

Garcia Bronco
05-20-2010, 12:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100520/sp_nm/us_cycling_landis;_ylt=AqCFXpaThN7mgWzOrF7MhC.s0NU E;_ylu=X3oDMTNsNGRzczI1BGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwNTIwL3V zX2N5Y2xpbmdfbGFuZGlzBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb 3MDNgRwb3MDMwRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5 lX2xpc3QEc2xrA2xhbmRpc2FkbWl0cw--

I think he is pulling a Pete Rose. Soon we will have a book out. Thank you **** Head Landis for Americans believing in you and us hating the French even more when in reality, they were correct and made us look like fools! The only one who probably backs you now and has an autographed picture of you right next to Barry Bonds is Garcia Bronco. F YOU Landis!

Ouch

BroncoLifer
05-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Yes, I do see your reasoning but I counter that maybe he hasn't been caught because he and his doctors have had a good enough plan to avoid detection. How many times was Barry Bonds caught? I know the situations are different but I don't believe that "never tested positive" necessarily means everything. (And by the way, as you probably know there are claims that Lance DID test positive at the 1999 Tour.)

Landis just admitted to using PEDs for most of his career - a period of years. Yet how many times was he caught? Once. How did he avoid detection the rest of the time?

It may be true that Lance is simply such a genetic freak that he really could stay clean and be that far ahead of the competition. I would like to think so but I don't know. Occam's Razor suggests a different possibility.......

Durango
05-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Probably. Cycling is the most corrupt sport on the planet.

One word: Boxing

Cycling is a puritanical model compared to boxing.

gyldenlove
05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
One word: Boxing

Cycling is a puritanical model compared to boxing.

Well that is just unfair, Charles Manson has higher morals than most boxing promoters, anything looks good next to boxing.

mizzoutigers
05-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't really care, but I found the Denver Post's headline almost Onion-like:

Landis admits doping, fingers Armstrong

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15124058

ROFL! best post of the day shay

Kid A
05-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Dude get caught right away, goes on the entire late night talk show circuit with various laughable conspiracy theories, becomes a global joke but still maintains he was framed.

And then when he finally decides to admit something the wholw world already knew (ala Mark McGuire) he makes sure the headlines don't center on him by choosing to use the "confession" to accuse other cyclists and have the media direct toward them. Even if he has legitimate dirt on Armstrong the timing is just perfect for his own purposes and furthers the case that he's a complete piece of ****.

gyldenlove
05-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Dude get caught right away, goes on the entire late night talk show circuit with various laughable conspiracy theories, becomes a global joke but still maintains he was framed.

And then when he finally decides to admit something the wholw world already knew (ala Mark McGuire) he makes sure the headlines don't center on him by choosing to use the "confession" to accuse other cyclists and have the media direct toward them. Even if he has legitimate dirt on Armstrong the timing is just perfect for his own purposes and furthers the case that he's a complete piece of ****.

Landis is a complete POS, and this confession is laughable. There is however no doubt that ALL top pro cyclists use or have used PEDs knowingly or not.

Look at how many have won race after race without getting caught, Landis, Hamilton, Ulrich, Riis, Vinokourov etc, they all won many races and were on tour for many years with no positive tests before getting caught. It is laughable to think that it is not possible to do PEDs without getting caught even with the amount of tests riders are subjected to.

WyoLaw
05-20-2010, 06:06 PM

I do. And I really did believe Landis, if only to hate the French even more. Whatever I guess, sports are entertainment, let them take whatever the hell they want to make it more entertaining. It seems they all do, or have done so at one time or another.

WyoLaw
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5205202

Cito Pelon
05-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Yes, I do see your reasoning but I counter that maybe he hasn't been caught because he and his doctors have had a good enough plan to avoid detection. How many times was Barry Bonds caught? I know the situations are different but I don't believe that "never tested positive" necessarily means everything. (And by the way, as you probably know there are claims that Lance DID test positive at the 1999 Tour.)

Landis just admitted to using PEDs for most of his career - a period of years. Yet how many times was he caught? Once. How did he avoid detection the rest of the time?

It may be true that Lance is simply such a genetic freak that he really could stay clean and be that far ahead of the competition. I would like to think so but I don't know. Occam's Razor suggests a different possibility.......

I recognize your points as valid, also.

I can argue both ways on this issue. I just don't know. I'd like to see all these cheaters nailed in all sports, titles stripped, awards stripped, the whole nine yards.