PDA

View Full Version : John Elway, getting Facebook right.

broncosteven
05-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Has anyone else been friended by Bronco players current and past?

Of the current players Eddie Royal seems to get it. He involves the fans and sends out info on his football activities. He realizes people are living the experience through him.

Other guys do the street shout out stuff and don't take the time to work on their online presences.

Then there are the Retired players.

Some use their fame to promote Multilevel marketing involvements and then there is John.

Elway is using his Facebook to promote his charities and his Mile High Campaign site. It is very inspiring to read John's updates.

I wish more people got it and used it better. Way to go John!

RhymesayersDU
05-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I enjoy Clady's updates. I don't need these guys to be professionals all the time. I like seeing him just be him.

Quoydogs
05-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't care if it's john or not. I dont like it. I go on FB to see whats happening with my friends. I Don't want the first thing I read to be GIVE ME MONEY! When 9 times out of ten it's the rich SOB's asking the poor for there money.

I wish John would just stick to football !

Quoydogs
05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
I enjoy Clady's updates. I don't need these guys to be professionals all the time. I like seeing him just be him.

This

RhymesayersDU
05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't care if it's john or not. I dont like it. I go on FB to see whats happening with my friends. I Don't want the first thing I read to be GIVE ME MONEY! When 9 times out of ten it's the rich SOB's asking the poor for there money.

Nobody is forcing you to follow him.

broncosteven
05-19-2010, 09:00 PM

I take it you never were befriended by Rod Smith?

Quoydogs
05-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Nobody is forcing you to follow him.

O know that. What I am trying to say is why can't they just me normal and let the fans get to know them as a person as well as the legend.

broncosteven
05-19-2010, 09:03 PM
O know that. What I am trying to say is why can't they just me normal and let the fans get to know them as a person as well as the legend.

What else is he going to say? Just had sex with my hot wife. No one is buying my barcolounger. Thinking about having an affair. Man am I baked!

Quoydogs
05-19-2010, 09:05 PM
What else is he going to say? Just had sex with my hot wife. No one is buying my barcolounger. Thinking about having an affair. Man am I baked!

That would be sweet! :rofl:

Los Broncos
05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
I've gone to their pages but I don't know how to add then.

Anyways, I go to Cladys hear and there, good updates.

Natedogg
05-19-2010, 09:22 PM
look at cladys profile pic. lulz.

24champ
05-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Rod Smith's page can be annoying sometimes with his promotional business crap, but Rod has said it wasn't for the fans...just purely for Business.

GoBroncos84
05-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Royal, Clady, and Decker are all good. I had to stop following Marcus Thomas and Ronald Fields, I just couldn't understand most of their tweets or the ones I did understand weren't worth following. Champ is fine when he tweets, but its few and far between. Woodyard is ok. McBath is pretty good. Doom is good when he tweets

broncocalijohn
05-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Eric Decker has been good as it gives a nice and short following of a rookie getting ready for TC. He has been hurt so I cant wait for the real pain to start.

Meck77
05-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Rod Smith's page can be annoying sometimes with his promotional business crap, but Rod has said it wasn't for the fans...just purely for Business.

I wouldn't call suckering people into hotel rooms and taking their money a business. I call it a scam. Only the top dogs in a multi level marketing scheme make money. The rest are just fools and Rod Smith knows this.

Beantown Bronco
05-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Eric Decker has been good as it gives a nice and short following of a rookie getting ready for TC. He has been hurt so I cant wait for the real pain to start.

He writes like Ed McCaffery.

Beantown Bronco
05-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't call suckering people into hotel rooms and taking their money a business. I call it a scam. Only the top dogs in a multi level marketing scheme make money. The rest are just fools and Rod Smith knows this.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzl1cIgLz3A"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzl1cIgLz3A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Kaylore
05-20-2010, 08:16 AM

http://www.promotinglinux.com/images/pages/linux/Linux-Babies-Angry.jpg

broncocalijohn
05-20-2010, 11:55 AM

LOL!!!!! I just repped Beantown on now Kaylore is coming around and sure enough, Kaylore marches in with one pissed off baby! Awesome you two. That is the mane in a nut shell and why it is always bad to miss a few days here. Kudos!
PS: Beantown, cut n paste here what i sent you on rep.

24champ
05-20-2010, 12:37 PM

You are right. It's unfortunate, and I don't know about anyone else...but I lost a bit of respect for Rod Smith for choosing a career in ripping off the folks.

Also getting sick of that Porschea lady that tags Rod in videos.

Flex Gunmetal
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
John's is a lot more than stuff for his foundation.
He posted a bunch of emails and drawings he got from kids in elementary schools on mother's day. Kinda cool.

broncosteven
05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
You are right. It's unfortunate, and I don't know about anyone else...but I lost a bit of respect for Rod Smith for choosing a career in ripping off the folks.

Also getting sick of that Porschea lady that tags Rod in videos.

I agree, makes me almost want to sell my signed Rod Smith Jersey.

One would think he could cash in on his name with something more reputable.

Sassy
05-20-2010, 04:50 PM
John Elway: First day of OTA's yesterday and Elvis signed his tender. I'm sure that everyone in Broncoland was glad to have Elvis back in the building. Word was that all QB's looked good. Maybe I'll start a Tebow watch and give daily updates of Tim's performances. Yeah right...I wouldn't do that to him.

Ha!

24champ
05-20-2010, 05:02 PM

Sell it to Rod, ask for some healthy coffee in return.

tsiguy96
05-20-2010, 05:36 PM

since i dont know anything about his venture besides it is supposedly healthy coffee, how is it rippping people off? is it fake or just a scam or what?

broncosteven
05-20-2010, 06:21 PM
since i dont know anything about his venture besides it is supposedly healthy coffee, how is it rippping people off? is it fake or just a scam or what?

Google pyramid scheme.

Hogan11
05-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I defriended him due to it...no more pro athlete hucksters for this guy

OABB
05-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm surprised someone would use facebook for a shameless plug. Everyone knows it's for communicating. I mean if all you wanted was an Internet page for self advertising and a display of narcissism, than you should just..... Oh wait. It seems like they are using it just fine on second thouht.