PDA

View Full Version : OT - Car decals/bumper stickers

FADERPROOF
05-18-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm car illiterate so help me out.

Just bought a car from someone and only problem I have with it is they put in window tint decals on the back window that seem to not peel right back off, and also has an Ohio Bobcats bumper sticker on it as well.

Anyone know how to get these things off? The window tint really bothers me looking in my rear view mirror and, well you all know why the Ohio Bobcats sticker would bug me.

Help!!!

Los Broncos
05-18-2010, 06:10 PM
WD-40 will take off the bumper sticker.

As far as the tint goes, I took my old car to a tint place and had them take all that **** off.

But you can use Acetone, that get it off.

FADERPROOF
05-18-2010, 06:32 PM
WD-40 will take off the bumper sticker.

As far as the tint goes, I took my old car to a tint place and had them take all that **** off.

But you can use Acetone, that get it off.

acetone, I'll try it. You can definitely tell that it's tint that the person peeled and stuck on there, theres ridges and bubbles and uneven places all over it. But for the life of me I couldnt get under it and peel it back off, so I'll give this acetone a try and see if it will peel off with that stuff.

tsiguy96
05-18-2010, 06:34 PM
peel the bumper stick off, as much as you can get of the actual sticker. go to the store and buy goo-gone, every walmart or hardware store has it, spray it on, let it sit for a min, wipe it off and all the adhesive will come off. same with window tint, except use a razor blade to take that stuff off.

baja
05-18-2010, 06:45 PM
I'll never forget when I felt sick and saw a gallon of water outside the bins, I splashed it all over me before I knew it was Malathion.

A rat poison.

that would explain alot. ;D

Los Broncos
05-18-2010, 08:46 PM
acetone, I'll try it. You can definitely tell that it's tint that the person peeled and stuck on there, theres ridges and bubbles and uneven places all over it. But for the life of me I couldnt get under it and peel it back off, so I'll give this acetone a try and see if it will peel off with that stuff.

I tried to get the old tint off with Acetone and a tool I bought to loosen it up.

It was tough to do, so I ended up taking to a shop and they got it off in ten minutes.

But give it a try, it may work.

Los Broncos
05-18-2010, 08:47 PM
I'll never forget when I felt sick and saw a gallon of water outside the bins, I splashed it all over me before I knew it was Malathion.

A rat poison.

You cant be serious Mock.

strafen
05-18-2010, 10:44 PM

The best way to remove the tint is with a steamer. You need to get it hot and pull as you go. That will leave the least amount of adhesive residue behind.
Also, if you have some glue residue left, you can use a razor blade to get it off.

UberBroncoMan
05-18-2010, 11:22 PM
I've fallen thru ice at 9000 feet twice alone, atempted run over, there was a concrete pillar.

And I just lost 1.3 million dollars for my brother and ssi cut my benefits in half.

He forged my power of attoney.

Add on that I'm a cripple that can barley type.

never mind

Malathion is the least of my worries.

oh well,

That explains the avatar. :wiggle:

El Guapo
05-19-2010, 04:16 AM
They also sell stuff at home depot/lowes called "goof off" or "goo gone." both work well on the bumper stickers.

broncswin
05-19-2010, 08:12 AM
simple green will take both off.

Florida_Bronco
05-19-2010, 11:48 AM

I would stay away from Acetone and simply follow Tsiguy's advice. That's what I've always done and I've been detailing cars since before I could drive. :thumbsup:

Beantown Bronco
05-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I saw a car with a bumper sticker in the back that read "Eat sh*t, retard"

Thought to myself, well, that just did wonders for the resale value of that vehicle.

Los Broncos
05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah dont listen to me I don't know anything.

tsiguy96
05-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I would stay away from Acetone and simply follow Tsiguy's advice. That's what I've always done and I've been detailing cars since before I could drive. :thumbsup:

yea ive been detailing for a long time too. its really easy to take stickers and tint off cars, goo-gone has no possible negative effects and is very easy to use

baja
05-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I tried to get the old tint off with Acetone and a tool I bought to loosen it up.

It was tough to do, so I ended up taking to a shop and they got it off in ten minutes.

But give it a try, it may work.

you can always bust out the glass

baja
05-19-2010, 12:05 PM
yea ive been detailing for a long time too. its really easy to take stickers and tint off cars, goo-gone has no possible negative effects and is very easy to use

This is the correct answer / end thread.

Los Broncos
05-19-2010, 12:14 PM
you can always bust out the glass

Whatever you say asshole.

Kaylore
05-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Why did Mock delete those brilliant posts about bathing in rat-poison?

TDmvp
05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
peel the bumper stick off, as much as you can get of the actual sticker. go to the store and buy goo-gone, every walmart or hardware store has it, spray it on, let it sit for a min, wipe it off and all the adhesive will come off. same with window tint, except use a razor blade to take that stuff off.

yea that goo gone stuff is good crap...

Florida_Bronco
05-19-2010, 01:24 PM

Goo-Gone is good, as are most degreasers and all purpose cleaners. 8')

Doggcow
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Side note, is there anywhere I could buy a Tim Tebow Decal for my car?

Preferably the Superman T