PDA

View Full Version : Change your Marshall to a Tebow jersey.

OBF1
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=debruin/100517_tim_tebow_brandon_marshall_jerseys

OBF1
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Since alot of fans have been asking, here is the answer.... almost.

broncosteven
05-17-2010, 02:02 PM
They should make a jersey with velcro name plates and numbers so you can buy a set of numbers and letters.

Kaylore
05-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't know if the NFL can shut these guys down. Once you buy a garment you own it and can have anyone tailor it how you see fit. Otherwise what's to stop them from preventing you from repairing something you own? If you can stop someone from sewing a patch on the back of a shirt you already own, they can stop you from fixing a tear or hemming pants. There are no grounds for that. I actually believe these guys will be ok.

And I like the idea of buying a really cheap Marshall jersey and then paying these good people. Owning a "patched" Tebow jersey says as much about how I felt about Marshall as it does about my enthusiasm for Tim Tebow.

Popps
05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
My son's grandparents got him a Cutler jersey in his rookie season. I haven't burned it yet. Hoping I can eventually recycle it to a player worthy of Broncos colors.

But, recycling jerseys is old-news, to me. Been advocating it around here for years. They're too expensive not to, unless you're talking about one of the legends.

tsiguy96
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
that nameplate looks bad.

Popps
05-17-2010, 02:23 PM

Looks fine, to me.

I guess it just depends if a person is wearing the jersey because they want people to know they spent a lot of money on it... or because they like what the jersey represents.

Personally, I don't have any more respect for someone who wears a $400 throwback jersey than I do a guy who got a $10 used replica off of Ebay and converted it himself.

Like Kaylore said, there's something cool in the statement of changing the nameplate, too.

tsiguy96
05-17-2010, 02:27 PM
i still have a cutler too, but dont really wear jerseys too much. atleast i still have an orange royal.

Ambiguous
05-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Really. Would it kill them to use the right font?

LRtagger
05-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Don't players receive a portion of their own jersey sales?

OBF1
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Who is now wearing 85... I have an old authentic I need to convert :thumbs:

OOJack
05-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Looks fine, to me.

I guess it just depends if a person is wearing the jersey because they want people to know they spent a lot of money on it... or because they like what the jersey represents.

Personally, I don't have any more respect for someone who wears a $400 throwback jersey than I do a guy who got a $10 used replica off of Ebay and converted it himself.

Like Kaylore said, there's something cool in the statement of changing the nameplate, too.

Spoken like a person who either likes half-assed work or does half-assed work. Bet your employer love(d/s) you... Has nothing to do with respect, and everything to do with workmanship, you fool! i.e. get the damn font right

FADERPROOF
05-17-2010, 03:32 PM

Sadly I still have an Ashley Lelie jersey...

Ambiguous
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I bought a Cutler and a Marshall jersey in 2008. That worked out well.

HEAV
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91442

ESPN lagging on this news...but the national attention will now force the NFL to contact these people and give a cease and desist notice.

Smilin Assassin
05-17-2010, 03:44 PM

TE Marquez Branson.....might wanna hold onto it for now

Popps
05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Spoken like a person who either likes half-assed work or does half-assed work. Bet your employer love(d/s) you... Has nothing to do with respect, and everything to do with workmanship, you fool! i.e. get the damn font right

Incorrect.

You sound like someone who makes a sub-par living, given your poor grammar and inability to follow a fairly simple line of reasoning.

My post had nothing to do with "getting fonts right." It had to do with the INTENT behind converting a jersey, and the notion that a fan isn't defined by how much money he spent on his or her jersey. In fact, a valid argument can be made to the contrary.

Perhaps you can get someone from the auto-body shop to help you read posts next time so you can save yourself some embarrassment.

philiptr2
05-17-2010, 04:23 PM

I know...especially since you can download it for FREE!!!

http://www.dafont.com/author.php?author=2206&page=1&nb_ppp_old=10&text=TEBOW&nb_ppp=10&psize=m&classt=pop

tsiguy96
05-17-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91442

ESPN lagging on this news...but the national attention will now force the NFL to contact these people and give a cease and desist notice.

i dont think the NFL can. this is private property, modifying jerseys is not within the NFLs scope of power.

HEAV
05-17-2010, 04:52 PM
i dont think the NFL can. this is private property, modifying jerseys is not within the NFLs scope of power.

Never know with the NFL. They went after church's showing the Super Bowl to groups. If the NFL will go after church's, wel then it will go after anyone taking $$$ away from them.

It's just like the EA debate on charging used game buyers 10 bucks to play online. EA made money once on the first sale, but what that second,third user cash.

NFL made cash on the Marshall jersey sale, but are losing on the sale of new Tebow's.

Taco John
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I know...especially since you can download it for FREE!!!

http://www.dafont.com/author.php?author=2206&page=1&nb_ppp_old=10&text=TEBOW&nb_ppp=10&psize=m&classt=pop

This is where they'd lose the battle. That font is property of the Denver Broncos and the NFL.

Los Broncos
05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Like I always say, get your own custom jersey and you won't have to worry about it again.

DenverBroncosJM
05-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Look up easternlettering.net They nailed the font and have the different colors for each jersey. It's like 26.00 bucks

broncocalijohn
05-17-2010, 08:29 PM

IF they keep this up, Im going to have to post that hideous Korean jersey that was on ebay. You have one job and that is a nameplate. You couldnt find the font like a poster pasted here? WTF? Recycling = good. These clowns doing it= bad. Dont kid yourself it isnt for the all mighty dollar.

LRtagger
05-17-2010, 08:31 PM
The NFL will go after it's own players for modifying their jerseys. No doubt they will go after these places trying to modify jerseys which undercuts new sales.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3582852

Bronco Yoda
05-18-2010, 01:47 AM
I saw a guy today in Taco Bell making a big fuss, screaming at the top of his lungs over the slow service and a cold burrito. He just happened to be wearing a BM jersey with the plate crossed out and a couple of obscenities written in black marker and then blacked out in 3rd grader fashion which bled onto the numbers.

LOL... that was one ugly jersey and one red faced pissed off guy.